18 losses should never happen

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

Not in a game that has any kind of matchmaking, and I’m at a loss to understand why these matchups keep happening.
Some of us don’t give a crap about the wings or some title or rank.
I play WvW and PvP in GW2, nothing else.
And with BG rolling over the whole map like an unstoppable force WvW has been unenjoyable and unplayable lately so that just leaves PvP for fun.
Except that I win 1 lose 8, win 3 lose 12, win 2 lose 18.
I’m not asking for wins, I’m asking for enjoyable games at my level and it just isn’t happening and PvP is fast becoming something I hate rather than love.

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I have 90%+ win rate in starcraft 2 and Warcraft 3(back when I was 12 years old) 1v1, yet I can go on 10+ loss streaks in GW2. Team based games are generally like this, but I think GW2 has the worst of any team based competitive game matchmaking I’ve played.

in PvP

Posted by: Syric.1936

Syric.1936

Last season, I started documenting my absurd loss streaks. Try going 60+ loses vs. (if memory serves me right) a pathetic 5-8 wins going threw Sapp to Ruby. It was horrible. Most of my teams just fought off point, didn’t have a strategy, plan, and scoring was pathetic (we’d have 50-100 player point totals vs. enemy have 150-250 point spread)…it was….. smh just wrong.

And so many will flame “it’s clearly you.” That its my skill, and bla bla bla. I’m not going to try justifying my skill level. I know what I’m capable of, and this wasn’t a factor. I’m not saying I’m in the top 1%, but I’m certainly 70-90% material. Anyhow, the point is I was clearly teamed up with newer players, or players that just didn’t care. And guess what? My % rating went from 49.70% down to 46% because of that BS.

So, in conclusion, I feel your pain.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Go into a duo or trio Q (there are enough big pvp guilds) this should get you out of the mmr hell, if it’s really the fault of your team

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I feel your pain OP, last season I was where you are, not quite 18 game losing streaks, but I would spend days on a win one lose one merry go round. Fairing much better this season. Played something like 80 games, I’m T3 sapphire. One win away from T4. Been having some nice small win streaks, nothing mega, normally between 5-7 games. What you need to do is take a breath. Have a look at your play style. Could you change something, could you try and organise your team before the start of the match, normally having a plan and people knowing where they are going from the get go wins a match. Worst thing in the world is when no one says anything and people go where they want and try e game is lost before its began.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I’ve had maybe 10 loss streak at most, if I notice I keep getting crap matchups with either teams that won’t work together, or I keep getting matched against premades or people clearly higher skill levels, I take a break. Either do some unranked, go PvE/WvW, or log off. Hoping when I get back in, the matchmaker has calmed down a bit.
“Usually” when I get back, the streak is broken pretty quickly.

I notice I tend to get the worst matchups after reset, and notice the most blow outs in general during those times (whether or not I’m on the winning side). Weekends tend to be more rough as well.

And yea, if that still doesn’t seem to help, q with a skilled friend, ideally one with experience lol, since your combined mmr will likely mean tougher matches (or at least matches against higher mmr soloq’ers)

Lastly, try using a different class or build if the ones your using don’t seem to be cutting it, and be willing/ready to switch character.

(edited by Ven Zehn.6573)

in PvP

Posted by: Trini.3576

Trini.3576

To be honest, I find more success playing with a premade team vs premade teams. Even though its harder my win rate is a lot better. Currently ranked in top 10 “Chyna Numba One” Last season I solo qued all the way to tier 7 Diamond and that was the most frustrating experience ever. I would suggest getting a team and practicing with them. but that’s my opinion.

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

To be honest, I find more success playing with a premade team vs premade teams. Even though its harder my win rate is a lot better. Currently ranked in top 10 “Chyna Numba One” Last season I solo qued all the way to tier 7 Diamond and that was the most frustrating experience ever. I would suggest getting a team and practicing with them. but that’s my opinion.

Getting a team is a hood thing, I’ve been lucky to find 3 other people who play at the random times I do. We have won far more matches than we have lost.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in PvP

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Not in a game that has any kind of matchmaking, and I’m at a loss to understand why these matchups keep happening.
And with BG rolling over the whole map like an unstoppable force WvW has been unenjoyable and unplayable lately so that just leaves PvP for fun.
I’m not asking for wins, I’m asking for enjoyable games at my level and it just isn’t happening and PvP is fast becoming something I hate rather than love.

You have nothing to complain about yet. My record is 24 losses straight. Only in this season. My former 50/50 rate has dropped to about 35/65.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

What division are you? If you are soloq-ing in a low division where your team/opposing team are observed to be just really below your skill level, but you can’t win despite this, try to play a build that you can snowball/steamroll with. These builds might not actually be GOOD, they might be more gimmicks if anything, but if you can say take out 3 of the enemy team yourself, than HOPEFULLY your allies can win their fights.

(My experience after losing my first 6 games and determining I needed to just get out of amber division after not playing since the first half of season 1.)

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in PvP

Posted by: ZombieLeach.5862

ZombieLeach.5862

I think the biggest problem with GW2 pvp isn’t the matchmaking, but the skill level needed to be a good player. Most would think that as long as you can win fights you’re good, but in pvp that’s not the case. It’s all about rotations and that isn’t very intuitive. In wvw you have commanders to direct people, in pve it’s not really needed, and in raids there s pre-planning. Pvp has none of those elements. You have to trust that you teammates know where they need to be and when or the whole team suffers. I don’t believe complaining about matchmakng is going to help anything.

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

I think the biggest problem with GW2 pvp isn’t the matchmaking, but the skill level needed to be a good player. Most would think that as long as you can win fights you’re good, but in pvp that’s not the case. It’s all about rotations and that isn’t very intuitive. In wvw you have commanders to direct people, in pve it’s not really needed, and in raids there s pre-planning. Pvp has none of those elements. You have to trust that you teammates know where they need to be and when or the whole team suffers. I don’t believe complaining about matchmakng is going to help anything.

ANet need, and I mean need to make a PvP tutorial to show people the importance of the following,

Calling target.
Stomping.
Rotation.

If you have commonsense you should be able to work out the rest.

in PvP

Posted by: gimrob.9071

gimrob.9071

Matchmaking has been bs since they made the solo and team q the same some 2 years ago.

I lucky to get 1 win in 8. There to many people farming the q, I say 70% of my matches there one person afk or active only for 1/2 of the fight. So in game I sound like an kitten because there looks to be no point in trying. After 3 loses in a row I rarely on my A game, then people report you for thier bad play. It rare if I do pvp for more that the daily.

Even if I was a bad player I should now be get 50% of my matches being TOTALLY HOPELESS or a unfun waste of time.

Plus 8min q times for bs matches. Give 20min q’s if u have just do not make me wait in the mists.

And conditions are way to op now. I get 5 ticks of 2 conditions and I can not even press condition removal. And if u like the pay to win traits we lose even more.

MM needed to be fixed and the current system to stop people from botting is not working and has never worked.

in PvP

Posted by: paShadoWn.5723

paShadoWn.5723

So you say jackpots should never happen too?

Also, excuse me, if you lose THAT much, it only means you got a streak of no-carry for your failbuild.

in PvP

Posted by: art.1402

art.1402

Gotta love matchmaking .

Attachments:

in PvP

Sooloo.1364

So you say jackpots should never happen too?

Also, excuse me, if you lose THAT much, it only means you got a streak of no-carry for your failbuild.

I didn’t think it was possible to so completely miss the point of this topic.
Even the worst player in the world deserves a fair fight, not a win, a fair fight against similar skilled players.

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

Even the worst player in the world deserves a fair fight, not a win, a fair fight against similar skilled players.

You make a logical fallacy here dude. Worst player in the world cant have a fair fight because everyone else is better.

In real and magical world, the problem of worst fighters gets solved naturally, they simply DIE lol.
In game with infinite free respawns well… it was long ago solved in Warframe where you can only respawn few times a day. Do it in GW2, and you will weed out FEEDERS everyone hates.

in PvP

Sooloo.1364

You make a logical fallacy here dude. Worst player in the world cant have a fair fight because everyone else is better.

In real and magical world, the problem of worst fighters gets solved naturally, they simply DIE lol.
In game with infinite free respawns well… it was long ago solved in Warframe where you can only respawn few times a day. Do it in GW2, and you will weed out FEEDERS everyone hates.

Seems to me you’re one of the lucky ones who rides win streaks and thinks they have skill because they beat easy opponents.
The clue is in the name, match maker. Matched skill.

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

“There is no such thing as luck.” /Jedi Master Ki Adi Mundi

in PvP

Posted by: dragonkain.3984

dragonkain.3984

Pretty much they are putting people with loss streaks with other people with loss streaks, same for people with win streaks with other win streakers.

I’ve tested it by asking teammates/enemies in almost every match.

End result of this?

90% of matches are un-fun stomps that suck interest out of those players to even play such pre-determined kitten pvp, which is also horribly imbalanced mechanics-wise (lol at balance team after 5 years of lazy-kitten balancing, eles ftwin is a dogma of that team) and also keeps imprisoned you in a tiny instance called mists of boredom.

What’s the point of trying playing such pvp really? None aside from ugly backpack, that’s why nobody bothers playing this trash pvp after they are done reaching legend.

(edited by dragonkain.3984)

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

18 isnt bad come talk to me when you get a 26 loss streak yep 26

master jedi david

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

@OP

I had a 38 loss streak this season and several back-to-back 20 loss sessions. The 20’s were separated by one or two wins.

Despite expert help, I’m running an 18.9% win rate this season. The vast majority of those are stomps. 500-0 in one case.

The system is expressly designed to keep you losing if you lose and to give you matches in which you’re expected to win if you win. The long streaks are inherent in the design.

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Sooloo.1364

I am aware that there are people with appalling loss streaks, far worse than mine.
My intention was to highlight that the matchmaker is a matchmaker in name only, it’s basically throwing selected players into unwinnable games so that another select group can benefit.
If that is it’s intended purpose then it’s working fantastically, problem is those of us getting thrown to the wolves are going to give up and leave eventually.

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

90% of matches are un-fun stomps that suck interest out of those players to even play such pre-determined kitten pvp

What? I have CRAZY FUN from such the stomps, i literally laugh maniacally doing it, the feeling of OPness never getting old.

Of course being on the other side sucks but oh well… such is the nature of PvP and learn to survive noobs.

And i am not the only such one let me quote one my fellow stomper: “IT IS FUN BECAUSE YOU ARE WEAK AHAHAHAHA”

The true problem lies neither with MM nor us stompers, but rather with our prey unwilling to accept that it is prey and should properly run away and hide.

I have been on hunted side too, many times, and believe me, barely escaping hunters with a heartbeat is very FUN as well. Not to mention the vengeful hatred when you turn back and slaughter the overzealous pursuer(s).

(edited by paShadoWn.5723)

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

90% of matches are un-fun stomps that suck interest out of those players to even play such pre-determined kitten pvp

What? I have CRAZY FUN from such the stomps, i literally laugh maniacally doing it, the feeling of OPness never getting old.

Of course being on the other side sucks but oh well… such is the nature of PvP and learn to survive noobs.

And i am not the only such one let me quote one my fellow stomper: “IT IS FUN BECAUSE YOU ARE WEAK AHAHAHAHA”

The true problem lies neither with MM nor us stompers, but rather with our prey unwilling to accept that it is prey and should properly run away and hide.

I have been on hunted side too, many times, and believe me, barely escaping hunters with a heartbeat is very FUN as well. Not to mention the vengeful hatred when you turn back and slaughter the overzealous pursuer(s).

You are saying this in one thread, then complaining about feeders in another……

in PvP

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

‘’No matter how good you are, there is always that 10-year old Asian boy, who is better than you’’
?_?
————————-
Suprisingly I managed to reach Legendary, … somehow?
After losing like ~70 matches with very few wins in between,
it appears matchmaking snapped, and I went up to as high as 30+ win rate with 2 or 3 loses in between :/
And for every next 10 wins, the amount of enemy team blowouts increased.

Like….really?
Matchmaking. couldnt you give me those wins sooner?

in PvP

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

I am aware that there are people with appalling loss streaks, far worse than mine.
My intention was to highlight that the matchmaker is a matchmaker in name only, it’s basically throwing selected players into unwinnable games so that another select group can benefit.
If that is it’s intended purpose then it’s working fantastically, problem is those of us getting thrown to the wolves are going to give up and leave eventually.

Exactly. If their goal is to get everyone who is NOT ESL Pro League players to never touch Ranked again, they are doing a fantastic job.

I have 81 ranked games this season, they started me in Emerald because I ended last 2 in Sapphire. I have 8 wins. None were close enough together to actually progress from the start of Emerald.

Most of my guild has walked away from WvW because of the same matchup for now 5 weeks going. It’s boring. We don’t raid. PvP is a hopeless cause.

So, ANet is telling me to stop playing, and stop buying gems, until they release LS3.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

Boring, ignorant noob, is not related to gameplay at all. You are bored because someone drained your energy. Draining energy through the top of the head was always a nice GW tradition.

in PvP

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

@paShadoWn,

Im sorry to do this to you, but… are you high?

Everything you post, doesnt make a slightest sense.

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

Nope i do not consume chemicals. I am just not a muggle/masquerader like you.

Also, what exactly did you did? I didnt quite noticed anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Nope i do not consume chemicals. I am just not a muggle/masquerader like you.

Also, what exactly did you did? I didnt quite noticed anything.

I play ele too.

in PvP

paShadoWn.5723

I never played ele lol except for a few short tests to conclude i cant play it.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I have 90%+ win rate in starcraft 2 and Warcraft 3(back when I was 12 years old) 1v1, yet I can go on 10+ loss streaks in GW2. Team based games are generally like this, but I think GW2 has the worst of any team based competitive game matchmaking I’ve played.

I agree with you on this by far. GW2 now does have the worst record for this, mainly because it purposely creates unbalance match ups. So this is the results. GG

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Exactly. If their goal is to get everyone who is NOT ESL Pro League players to never touch Ranked again, they are doing a fantastic job.

I have 81 ranked games this season, they started me in Emerald because I ended last 2 in Sapphire. I have 8 wins. None were close enough together to actually progress from the start of Emerald.

Most of my guild has walked away from WvW because of the same matchup for now 5 weeks going. It’s boring. We don’t raid. PvP is a hopeless cause.

So, ANet is telling me to stop playing, and stop buying gems, until they release LS3.

If you’re stuck in emerald then it’s probably your fault man. Sure the Matchmaking™ system could use a lot of work but if you’re stuck in emerald then it’s definitely you and not the matchmaker.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN