1st elite spec minor should offer more

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

as someone in the warrior forum mentioned, the first minor trait of every elite specialization should offer more!

at the moment, it only gives you access to one new weapon and new set of skills.

guardian: can use long bow and traps
mesmer: can use shield and wells. oh new f5 skill.
elementalist: can use warhorn and shouts? i dun ele i dunno much else sorry!
revenant: i dunno lol.
necro: can use greatsword and shouts. oh new f1 shroud skills.
ranger: can use staff and …. not announced yet.
thief: no idea.
engineer: can use hammer and … dunno.

warrior: can use torch and rage skills. new f2 berserk mode! new burst skills!

anyway, since i’m a warrior player mainly, i will talk about the warrior elite spec first minor trait. but everyone else is encouraged to propose for their favorite profession elite specs too!

lets see now:

Primal Rage
“You can equip torches and use rage skills. Gain access to berserk mode and primal bursts.”

that’s it. nothing more.
well, we should get more, since these are supposed to come free with the new elite spec, not taking up a precious minor trait slot for them.

and so i propose !

Primal Rage
“You can equip torches and use rage skills. Gain access to berserk mode and primal bursts. You deal additional damage while below the health threshold.”
Health Threshold: 75% Damage Increase: 10%
Health Threshold: 50% Damage Increase: 15%
Health Threshold: 25% Damage Increase: 20%

and this fits the berserker elite spec!
you hurt the zerker, he madder! he hurt you more!

discuss!

in PvP

Posted by: Phent.9350

Phent.9350

I can’t agree with you IMO minor adept for new weapon, new utility, heal, elite skills and new class mechanics is quite good trade. 10% – 20% dmg for minor adept? Insane. Elite spec can’t be p2w it must be balanced with old classes.

[None] mesmer/ele/engi/thief/necro

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I can’t agree with you IMO minor adept for new weapon, new utility, heal, elite skills and new class mechanics is quite good trade. 10% – 20% dmg for minor adept? Insane. Elite spec can’t be p2w it must be balanced with old classes.

hey its not free. you need to be hurt, hurt real bad to receive that 20% extra damage.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I can’t agree with you IMO minor adept for new weapon, new utility, heal, elite skills and new class mechanics is quite good trade.

hmm and no, its not. we wasted a minor trait slot for those.

those things should come free, not eating up a minor trait slot like that.

in PvP

Phent.9350

I can’t agree with you IMO minor adept for new weapon, new utility, heal, elite skills and new class mechanics is quite good trade.

Remember you don’t exchange your tools thanks to that minor you get more. (DH and Reaper are exceptios and only for class mechanics) Whole buch of toys that you can get axcess only if you take Elite spec. Do you want see only Berserkes exange of Warriors or want more diversity and sometime encounter warrior sometime berserker?

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

That minor trait give you a new Fx skill no matter what (or in the case of Guardian/Necro it replaces their current skill)

It’s not a wasted minor.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Remember you don’t exchange your tools thanks to that minor you get more. (DH and Reaper are exceptios and only for class mechanics) Whole buch of toys that you can get axcess only if you take Elite spec. Do you want see only Berserkes exange of Warriors or want more diversity and sometime encounter warrior sometime berserker?

i want more!

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

That minor trait give you a new Fx skill no matter what (or in the case of Guardian/Necro it replaces their current skill)

It’s not a wasted minor.

but i want more!

: (

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Seriously, it doesn’t really matter. A trait line could have for minor “Does nothing at all” and still be balanced.

in PvP

Phent.9350

Seriously, it doesn’t really matter. A trait line could have for minor “Does nothing at all” and still be balanced.

^This