1v1 Tourament Event

1v1 Tourament Event

in PvP

Posted by: Savvy.3258

Savvy.3258

This is an idea I’d like to see, perhaps scheduled for a certain time during the weekend, say Saturday 6 pm. The idea being a deathmatch format, 16 players face off against each other in 1v1 duels, the winner advancing to the next round and the final winner getting a reward of some kind.

Seems like it’d be fun and bright to light class imbalances if proper data analysis is used.
Personally, I have an issue with hard counters in mmos. I’ve always felt that, for whatever reason, they follow a rock, paper, scissor format. So say a certain class/build losses 90% of the matches vs another class/build, that’s something that needs to be addressed. It’s no fun being on the receiving end of that equation and takes away your motivation to play: you’re having fun until you run into x, there’s nothing you can do vs x.

It doesn’t have to be 50-50 but I feel there’s an acceptable range and an unacceptable threshold. In any case, that’s besides the point: a 1v1 deathmatch tournament, scheduled at a certain time, would be hella fun.

1v1 Tourament Event

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

there are counter builds and some classes canĀ“t kill each other (especially some mirror matches). Can be fun annyways. Maybe only maurauder or viper amu allowed and go …

1v1 Tourament Event

in PvP

Posted by: Savvy.3258

Savvy.3258

I agree there would be issue and I believe most mmos shy away from 1v1 for this very reason. They know it’s not balanced and it’ll bring up a wall of qq and potentially more work to be done. I see it’s potential, however: nothing needs to be done to address those issues but should they chose to they can do so with pinpoint accuracy, and if they don’t (or while they don’t) people might find a reason to reroll and spend more time in-game, becoming even more invested in it.

By making it a scheduled event I believe it’s something people would be excited about and look forward to, without permanently increasing queue times or anything of the sort. In short: I see no downside to it, glad somebody agrees

1v1 Tourament Event

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

jebro runs a 1v1 cup. however there have had to be a lot of skills and amulets banned, plus it has forced class swapping too- just to make it actually good to watch. tbh, without bans & swaps 1v1 would be awful.

links: https://play.eslgaming.com/guildwars2/global
you can watch on his youtube or twitch, here is the last one: https://youtu.be/T3EUUI0Y9ZU

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

1v1 Tourament Event

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Someone should start a tournament guild, get a bunch of people who care about Tournaments and are willing to work to start doing them on a regular basis, together