1v1 profession tier's

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: mattiasquat.1926

mattiasquat.1926

Hi, my question is what you guys think is tier list for 1v1 duels.
Let me state that im aware that skill play’s huge role, but there are specific builds and classes which just dont stand a chance against equal oponnent, ex. mesmer vs guardian.
So let me get your subjective opionions on current tier list for this specific matchup, and if you can type a profession capable of dueling anyone.

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I would present two types of tiers and rank the top 5.

Broken tier (Easy play obvious advantage)

God Tier (High skill cap. Even high than the general skill required to play a class decently)

The God tier have the most potential. The Broken tier are an uphill battle to face unless you outplay them but they can only go so far.

Broken Tier (Strongest 1- Weakest 5)

1) Druid
2) Condi/Chronomancer
3) Scrapper
4) Revanent
5) Thief

God Tier (Strongest 1- Weakest 5)

1) Revanant
2) Thief
3) Engineer in general
4) Mesmer in general
5) Druid.

It should be noted that Classes like Guardian, Warrior, Necromancer and Elementalist are limited in their easy builds and their skill floor.

This is strictly 1 vs 1 although many of those classes are also powerful in tpvp.
This opinion comes from observing which class is most likely to win while spectating similar builds.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

God Tier (High skill cap. Even high than the general skill required to play a class decently)

The God tier have the most potential. The Broken tier are an uphill battle to face unless you outplay them but they can only go so far.

1) Druid
2) Condi/Chronomancer
3) Scrapper
4) Revanent
5) Thief

1) Revanant
2) Thief
3) Engineer in general
4) Mesmer in general
5) Druid.

It should be noted that Classes like Guardian, Warrior, Necromancer and Elementalist are limited in their easy builds and their skill floor.

This is strictly 1 vs 1 although many of those classes are also powerful in tpvp.
This opinion comes from observing which class is most likely to win while spectating similar builds.

Honestly I’d rank it, from strongest to weakest, as
1. Condi warrior (insane CC, insane resist, good damage, great self-healing, decent mobility, decent ranged damage)
2. Signet Necro (insane CC, insane self-healing 1v1, excellent damage in both melee and ranged, hands-down the best downed abilities)
3. Scrapper (insane mitigation, great mobility, decent CC, decent damage in melee, token ranged damage)
4. Druid (very good ranged damage, insane mobility, decent self-heals, okay melee damage, annoying knockback/good CC)
5. Revenant (insane mobility, decent damage in melee, decent self-heals, decent mitigation, zero ranged damage if wanting sustain)

Any class with at least 1 stunbreak and a decent self-heal should beat a dagger thief. Anybody with decent CC should beat daredevil or d/p thief. This is because everybody has at least some active mitigation.

Mesmers are great at kiting but should lose to an equally skilled druid or necro due to being ranged users. If a Herald builds specifically for it (power herald sword/axe) they can catch and kill a mesmer, but give up basically all of their sustain to do so.

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

1) Druid
2) Condi/Chronomancer
3) Scrapper
4) Revanent
5) Thief

Ah, forgot to address your “broken” tier.

A poorly played (or improperly built) Herald is fodder. They have at least a modest skill floor but a high ceiling. Since they have both a finite resource AND cooldowns, they’re very bursty but this also means if they time something wrong they’re screwed for 30+ seconds.

I would add DH to the broken tier, especially now that they got rather significant buffs. Very little skill to play competently but a still relatively low ceiling. I’ve been dying to them fairly frequently all day instead of them being relatively easy kills for the last couple months, and I don’t think I suddenly started being horrible.

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

1) Druid
2) Condi/Chronomancer
3) Scrapper
4) Revanent
5) Thief

1) Revanant
2) Thief
3) Engineer in general
4) Mesmer in general
5) Druid.

Druids is number one on your Broken Tier? Lol clearly you do not play Druid, Berserker, Reaper, or Scrapper If you even believe Druid is the most OP Broken class atm with condi meta still in full swing. LOL but keep saying things you know nothing about. I’ll drop this link for ya http://imgur.com/a/J1Uvb now show me yours.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Condi Chrono
Condi Zerker
Scrapper/Herald
Condi-Corrupt Reaper/Power Warrior
Daredevil
DH
Druid

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Elementalist is gonna to win any 1v1 thanks by flamestrike so your ranking are all wrong

Parabrezza

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Elementalist is gonna to win any 1v1 thanks by flamestrike so your ranking are all wrong

My flamestrike shatterstone combos are blowing up!

(blowing me up, see yall in S5 or S6 when ele swing back on the pendulum, everyone knows they cant balance us for kitten were ether op or an empty slot, wish they would just rework the kittening class by now…)

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

My flamestrike shatterstone combos are blowing up!

(blowing me up, see yall in S5 or S6 when ele swing back on the pendulum, everyone knows they cant balance us for kitten were ether op or an empty slot, wish they would just rework the kittening class by now…)

Nah man, just play Ele in S4 in soloq… So everyone will realize how bad is to have an elementalist in their team.

Parabrezza

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

1) Druid
2) Condi/Chronomancer
3) Scrapper
4) Revanent
5) Thief

1) Revanant
2) Thief
3) Engineer in general
4) Mesmer in general
5) Druid.

Honestly I’d rank it, from strongest to weakest, as
1. Condi warrior (insane CC, insane resist, good damage, great self-healing, decent mobility, decent ranged damage)
2. Signet Necro (insane CC, insane self-healing 1v1, excellent damage in both melee and ranged, hands-down the best downed abilities)
3. Scrapper (insane mitigation, great mobility, decent CC, decent damage in melee, token ranged damage)
4. Druid (very good ranged damage, insane mobility, decent self-heals, okay melee damage, annoying knockback/good CC)
5. Revenant (insane mobility, decent damage in melee, decent self-heals, decent mitigation, zero ranged damage if wanting sustain)

Any class with at least 1 stunbreak and a decent self-heal should beat a dagger thief. Anybody with decent CC should beat daredevil or d/p thief. This is because everybody has at least some active mitigation.

Mesmers are great at kiting but should lose to an equally skilled druid or necro due to being ranged users. If a Herald builds specifically for it (power herald sword/axe) they can catch and kill a mesmer, but give up basically all of their sustain to do so.

That guys is right!!! Thanks for posting dude, a lot of people forget that the last season and actually condi war is really broken!

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

revenant isnt better than thief in 1v1. Honestly a decent thief can outkite all the time the rev, interrupt his UA, i rlly think that if a thief lose to a revenant he should change class. And ehy people forgot PT has been nerfed?? Revenant wont do anything more than autoattack after PT, unless he has beeing doing nothing for like 5-6 seconds.
I don’t see revenant as a insane mobility class in duel, to me is the easiest class to outkite, and even if you fail to kite him, just run any condi build and you will kill him.

I see Thief, mesmer condi, druid, scrapper, condi warrior much better in duel than revenant.

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

1) Druid
2) Condi/Chronomancer
3) Scrapper
4) Revanent
5) Thief

Why is thief even on this? I’d hardly class thief as an “easy play obvious advantage” in duels, an inexperienced thief would lose to nearly every class in a duel. I would have thought warrior would take that spot.

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

Best class to 1v1 its mesmer, folowed by warrior then comes the rest

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Thief is there on broken because thief is easy to play when using the d/d perma evade build and is decently strong.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

1v1 profession tier's

in PvP

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

1. Warrior (infinite sustain)
  2. Scrapper (infinite sustain but harder to pull off than warrior)
  3. Chrono
  4. Reaper
  5. Druid
  6. Thief
  7. Revenant
  8. Guard
  9. Elementalist

Assuming equal skill levels.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI