1vs1 Duel Mode

1vs1 Duel Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Good idea. Tbh I find it annoying when I go into a hotjoin to practice a conquest build and get beaten by somebody’s “dueling” build, but I also recognize that it’s essentially just a similar game mode with a different mindset. I think GW2 could benefit from trying this out, 1v1 is much more viable in GW2 than in GW1, but possibly the studio’s history is holding them back from making it happen.

1vs1 Duel Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

You should make a haiku about this. Here’s mine:

1v1 is good
I think 5v5 is bad
Gimme dem duelz boi

1vs1 Duel Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

1v1 is nice when you are getting bored matchmaking teams you up with useless players or all of the enemies are full tanky boon spamm classes and you have a full squishy team.

So i like the idea of 1v1 but not sure how is the balance for 1v1’s classes have hard counters so not sure you can build against hard counters. But i don’t want to fight warriors and guardians all the time they are annoying to fight they can take a lot of beating while also stun and pull you teleport on you doesnt matter where you stand and stuffs like that and burst you. I fear in 1v1 we almost always have to fight warriors and guardians etc.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

1vs1 Duel Mode

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

You can argue that 1v1 would cause more frustration. After all, who enjoys dying repeatedly?

This game has horrible 1v1 balance so sticking with player run servers is still fine for now.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

1vs1 Duel Mode

in PvP

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

I spend a good deal of my time in gw’s 1v1ing and would love to see some easy manner to do this implemented.

That said, we’d need Moses to cross the sea of tears about certain specs if this was actually implemented for the majority of the casual wars population.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

1vs1 Duel Mode

in PvP

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

I understand that, and just to be clear, I’m very much in favour of this.

But, the first example I can think of, low-to-mid skilled necros, when they realise that they literally cannot beat most (any?) 1v1 builds of a similar skilled player. The tears man, the tears. There is no-way the developers of this game are going to open all that salt particularly when the average players skill currently is so so low + the continued influx of casuals.

All that said, it would be nice

The Ghost of Christmas Past

1vs1 Duel Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

No; because if you balance the game via 1v1 everyone will spec into some sort of tanky build and take forever to kill. Like take an engi vs a menders Druid matchup for example, that’ll be boring as all hell, especially if they are of equal skill. It would be better to have a 2v2 or 3v3.

If your gonna have a 1v1, it’ll be more fun and interesting if once you get a match, all your skills, weapons, and traits are random. Or if you are only allowed to spec in a certain why which is also random each time.

1vs1 Duel Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Allot of people wanted a 1 vs 1 duel mode for a long long time. Anet refuses to implement it. This is not the first op calling for dueling, and it is an example of how Gw2 does not listen to the community. This is the most frequent post I see for game modes that hasn’t been implemented since beta. The devs decision not to listen to the pvp player base has grown so toxic I left for BDO.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

1vs1 Duel Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

The way it should work is no Bunkery amulets are allowed, and the choice of amulets is reduced compared to sPvP.

Everyday there is a 1v1 PvP server that hosts 1v1 battles with players. I go to them to test how effective my builds would be in high-tier Ranked games. They also don’t encourage bunker builds, so it’s really fun.

Anyway, I like this idea. Yes, classes aren’t fully balanced… but you have the option to duel anyone. In PvE I see lots of players of every class. Just right click on their name and choose to duel them. They have the right to decide.

There should be an anti-spamming tool for duels, like having a 1 minute cooldown on duel requests. There could be an option to automatically reject duel requests too, to prevent spam and choose to duel at you and someone else’s discussed will.

When two players enter an arena, there will be a 1 minute timer to start, like sPvP. In this time you can make last minute tweaks or something. Once you’re done, hit Ready.

1vs1 Duel Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

Allot of people wanted a 1 vs 1 duel mode for a long long time. Anet refuses to implement it. This is not the first op calling for dueling, and it is an example of how Gw2 does not listen to the community. This is the most frequent post I see for game modes that hasn’t been implemented since beta. The devs decision not to listen to the pvp player base has grown so toxic I left for BDO.

This is the same case for pretty much every game, especially for MMO’s. When you’ve got people screaming for a million different things, some things bad, some things good, and other things more complicated then you think in order to implement. 1v1s is complicated right now especially with the current balance.

Plus, I find it ironic that your caption says “Lets make gw2 great again.” And yet you’d rather play BDO for pvp even though that pvp is even worse with potion heal spamming, even worse balance, weird pvp karma system, and gear dependency.

1vs1 Duel Mode

in PvP

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I would LOVE a 1v1 PvP mode.
But they would need a certain amount of rules when it comes to this to prevent 2 really tanky builds fighting eachother to no end.

Maybe have a time limit on the duel and in the end the player who has healed himself the most loses?
I think that removing certain builds from 1v1 arenas would be hard.

1vs1 Duel Mode

in PvP

Posted by: thebhr.3412

thebhr.3412

+1 for 1v1! This team ranked causes me so much stress that I think it’s affecting me physically ? ? ? ? ?

1vs1 Duel Mode

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I’ve been in a few 1v1 game modes but they generally follow the same rules: Mid point only, first to 100 points.

If it follows a system similar to this, then the queue won’t be filled with Condichronos and Thieves.

Given our current matchmaking, I don’t see this ever being successful.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.