1vs1 sPVP

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Zardar.7508

Zardar.7508

Hello,would like to ask Anet if there’s gonna be a 1vs1 spvp in the game with specific reward system etc etc.I ve played many titles of ncsoft and Anet and the thing that i loved was 1vs1 so i would like it to see it here as a monthly tournament or something.Seeing the best of each class off the server or game in general is just nice and helps you know what ‘me’ or ‘you’ are capable for pvp solo,and not by having someone else buffing healing damaging for you…After all PvP = Player versus Player,its not meant to be plural.

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: EvilExE.3460

EvilExE.3460

Yeah i too would like to see 1v1, including single class ladders, the largest problem with 1v1 where you face other classes is the balance, since they have built the balance around the 5v5 capture the point game type, people would cry for nurfs and buffs in multi class 1v1 that would/could impact the 5v5.

Every person makes error’s, all that matter’s is how they fix them.

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: BakBakaa.2453

BakBakaa.2453

This is something I would like as well. The same thing could be accomplished at a simpler scale without rewards by a duel feature or arena of some sort. Anything along the lines of one on one pvp would be awesome IMO. The capture tpvp is already stale and is lackluster to begin with. Our pvp choices now are zerg or bigger zerg :/

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Zardar.7508

Ok,let me suggest somethin then about this nerf thing.First if to be a 1v1,it should start as a classed based only (thief vs thief etc) so the best emerges from that situation with rewards and others as stated above.This way we get to see the best of each class on server, or game if cross srvr,and later when they have fixed all imbalances issues add pvp against different classes but only as ‘’amusement games’’ with no rewards,just fun if no queue for same class.Nerf shouts will always come on surface either way but through 1vs1 is also the best way to try and find imbalance issues and fix them,so for me its not a negative thing.Just my opinion,dont know,share yours too cause 1v1 spvp would add a lot of competition in this game and would definetly make it better!

(edited by Zardar.7508)

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

Imagine the endless volleys of nerfs needed to balance 1v1…

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Zardar.7508

Isnt that the right thing in a game after all?Not meaning nerfs,but 1v1 to be balanced.Neverthe less,with this model the best will play against the best,so if you hear any nerf from that ones then its a true O.P,i dont care for people(might be me)who cant make it beyond last place and their nerf shouts…They will always cry about somthin.After all i suggested same class 1v1 spvp(how can a necro cry op for onother necro?)with reward system,rest will just be fun(fun is also losing or making it to beat an op class).

(edited by Zardar.7508)

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Pookah.3759

Pookah.3759

Just add dueling. Problem solved.

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Zardar.7508

Not enough,1vs1 tournament so the top players can be recognised through skill.
Like olympiad system in L2,an other Ncsoft title.

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: froggy.4263

froggy.4263

1v1 for trivial fun and practice? Yes, please!

1v1 for tournament and competitive play? Please no, no, no.

I’m not sure if this game is even balanced around 1v1. I certainly hope not, as team play and coordination is a lot more interesting. Balance around 1v1 might screw up with the balance for 5v5. Not to mention the nightmares required for this balancing process …

Furthermore, personal mechanical skills can only go so far, its requires more practice to work together and have excellent coordination as a team, through synergy and process of tactics and execution of plans.

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Zardar.7508

I can agree with your opinion cause it ll require much work to balance it.So why just dont go for same class only 1v1 tournament?No cross class,just same and the top 5 or something get rewards and fame(something like the commander title or so)?Wouldnt that be nice?It doesnt require balance issues cause same class,and a player will fight to be the best of his kind and stick to a class and not change and play the most op of the current time due to nerfs and etc.

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: froggy.4263

froggy.4263

Who wins in a fight between two bunker builds of the same class? A fight that will never end.

Who wins in a fight between two extreme burst glass cannon of the same class? A fight that will be determine in a couple of seconds (is it really skill or luck?)

- 1v1 is too problematic unless you have a solution to all the issues.

(edited by froggy.4263)

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Zardar.7508

Thats why in tournaments of 1v1 there should be a point system,so you dont care if you lose(but care if you lose all times).The are bad and good players,thats the thing,’’plural’’,so sometimes u will lose.If it is luck,luck it is then.As for bunkers that the one wont be able to kill the other,there’s the ’’tie’’ word.As i said,points,not knockouts.And as i stated above froggy,i ve seen this thing in older games of the same company and it worked just fine and with big success,so if they want to do it,thay can do it right,they have the experience and knowledge,thing is they try to make games nowadays more ‘casual’ friendly and leaving behind hardcore stuf,cause believe me a tournament like that will be very very competitive,but what about people who enjoy hardcore?Even if they suck,even if i suck or you,in 1v1,why cant we just have it to know how good we/i/you are and try to improve?

(edited by Zardar.7508)

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

If they’ll make 1v1 they better create a few new maps for spvvp, because capture point maps with 1v1 are funny (been in those late at night…)

New maps and battle systems are needed anyhow.
I support this idea, but I wouldn’t let it involve the normal ranking, I would create a seperate system for it, also giving acces to gear and so on (might even be the same gear).

Basically we’re asking for either duels, or more in the line of the OP: arena’s that could be played with 1v1.
No reason to also give it acces to bigger groups (2v2, 3v3).

What I would like even more are maps contstructed like the current ones, but without capture points, where you have to go commando style through the map to fight each other.
Things like that.

Anet is more than creative enough, but for some reason they went the rather easy route with their pvp formats.
(WvW is different and big, even though it’s far from perfect it still is epic).

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Zardar.7508

If 1vs1 would exist it would be in an true arena,like a colisseum or so.Not the same maps.Either way,happy that others agree on this.Totally agree on pvp formats,all games now have team pvp,but few have 1v1,so…..?

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

It was a joke about 1v1 capture point maps…

Have you done that, by accident of low queing numbers?

I have, with a mesmer of all profs and me on an engineer… it’s hilarious!

If I had one of my usual swiftness builds, he didn’t stand a chance
But I didn’t, for some reason, and he won…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

i remember long ago in gw1 , people talking about 1v1 was sconsidered heresy…

1vs1 sPVP

in PvP

Zardar.7508

What else can i say?At least i tried…