1x Single One-Shot BL Key..... Such WOW

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Hello.

A single BL Key.

Im not gonna say how its not saving or help pvp at all but, Why do you even waste time designing such a track?

Would a BLK rewards track, that gives the key as the final prize, really be too much?

I dont think so – with time investment:

• 29 wins aka 40x games with 50/50 winratio
  • 4x games per hour with que times, aka 1 game every 15min

Thats 10 hours for a key, 150hours for a weapon skin —- IN PVE YOU CAN FARM A LEGENDARY IN THAT TIME

Please be reasonable and let it be a repeateble track.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Lukas.7159

Lukas.7159

+1

insert 15 usefull chars here

StereoElectro & Dance On M D M A

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

It’s honestly not a big deal. ANET makes money by selling keys on the gem store, so why would they give them out in a repeatable reward track? I’m fine with it like this, it’s not like we’re losing anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Style.1092

Style.1092

The WOW is more stronger when you think that over 2 years, those keys were farmable in 15min from personal story.
So i can say only WOW.

Cpt Nemo Kolkozy

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

just boy cot those new one shot reward tracks with black lion key.

then they will get the message that we don’t need such one shot kittens.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Just to put it in perspective. In PvE you can get 10g per hour. Putting in 150h and you get 1500g.

They will need multiple keys per track just to make it 50% effective as PvE farming. I don’t think anyone requesting PvP to be as rewarding as PvE, but at least make it 25% as rewarding as PvE.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

Just to put it in perspective. In PvE you can get 10g per hour. Putting in 150h and you get 1500g.

They will need multiple keys per track just to make it 50% effective as PvE farming. I don’t think anyone requesting PvP to be as rewarding as PvE, but at least make it 25% as rewarding as PvE.

Where do you make 10g an hour in pve? running COF all 3 paths will get you like 4.5g in about 30-40 min but then you can only do that once per day. SW isn’t that lucrative either… If you can’t say in forums please pm me, I’d love to make 10g/hr

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Where do you make 10g an hour in pve? running COF all 3 paths will get you like 4.5g in about 30-40 min but then you can only do that once per day. SW isn’t that lucrative either… If you can’t say in forums please pm me, I’d love to make 10g/hr

I average 10 gold per hour doing the Silverwastes meta (read: Vinewrath) hopping from instance to instance, and I average 10 gold per 45 minutes farming Bandit Chests also in the Silverwastes.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

In the Maize Balm farm I can easily get 10-14 gold in about 15min if that. Then I do a Silverwastes run due to diminshing returns, and back to Maize Balm farm.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

TBH if the key track was repeatable I’d nolife the hell out of it.

I dont play pvp for the rewards. I play it because it’s not boring.

Repeatable BL keys would be icing on the cake, and I’m reasonably sure that between players that think like I do and those explicitly looking for the keys, we’d see a heavy price drop in BL skins.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

To me it seems there will be multiple “one-shot” tracks, each granting multiple keys.

(edited by witcher.3197)

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

You aren’t going to make the highest amount of cash from just doing regular dungeons. You can for example solo an arah path and sell it in under an hour and net yourself upwards of 20g per hour from this.

And if you want to make massive stacks and are willing to put in the huge amount of time/effort/investment, you can play the market and make over 100g per day from under an hour’s work per day.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Anet is becoming more and more NCSoft like.

Keep going, then even f2p won’t save you.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

I love this. You guys realize they’re just doing this to balance it out with the key drops that PvE players get from living story right? You know, trying to make it more fair instead of leaving out PvP players that have no desire to PvE? There is no conspiracy, no attempt to persuade you to buy more from the gem store, just Anet trying to be nice. I swear you people will find literally anything to complain about.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

I made a post about this on the reddit and got downvoted into oblivion. Followed by hate mail defending the company and talking about how amazing they are etc etc.

Glad I’m not the only sane person who sees this.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

i dont see much of a negative to this. there were no keys in pvp before, now there will be some. be grateful? they chose to put them in non-repeatable tracks for obvious reasons… and theyre gonna be in at least 8 new reward tracks(one for each rank) at least they didnt decide to just remove the keys from personal story altogether.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I love this. You guys realize they’re just doing this to balance it out with the key drops that PvE players get from living story right? You know, trying to make it more fair instead of leaving out PvP players that have no desire to PvE? There is no conspiracy, no attempt to persuade you to buy more from the gem store, just Anet trying to be nice. I swear you people will find literally anything to complain about.

But it’s the overall behavior, decisions and actions which were taken.

You don’t expect me to say this only because of some silly key path which I have abandoned after doing three times in the row, don’t you?

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Yeah, it is kind of silly to have a one shot reward track for just one BL key, HOWEVER, keys were never a reward in pvp in the first place. On top of that, these keys are meant to be bought in the gem store for profit. This is a free gift to you.
You people are really making a bigger deal out of an insignificant issue. If you don’t want the BL Key, don’t do the reward track.

in PvP

Velimere.7685

On top of that, these keys are meant to be bought in the gem store for profit. This is a free gift to you.

It didn’t used to be that way. I used to farm a key in the span of 15 minutes until ArenaNet took that away. After that, I was able to farm one for every 8 Tomes of Knowledge I earned in PvP until ArenaNet decided to take that away too.

Now I can only farm one once a week.

Sorry, but I don’t consider something “a free gift” when it’s something I used to be able to get a lot very easily and very quickly. If they wanted everyone to pay for keys and not be able to farm them, then they shouldn’t have made keys something that people can farm in the first place. They literally just set themselves up to kitten off a bunch of people.

In the first place, the Black Lion Chest key itself is unarguably a statistical scam. No matter how many keys you buy, you will statistically never have spent less gold or gems than if you were to purchase whatever desired contents directly.

(edited by Velimere.7685)

in PvP

Posted by: Abimes.9726

Abimes.9726

I have to agree with Op .

The time we have to invest in pvp to get a skin is a lot more than what some one playing pve would have to spend on.

When PvE boys get a farm nerfed they cry and every one is ok , when pvp gets nerfed it’s all right and tell us to play pve if we wan’t rewards. This is a legit pvp only reward , when you consider back day we could play paid tournaments and get tons of gemms , and it got removed , then the key farm run was nerfed , now the transmutation charges are lowered.

Giving pvp only rewards only push players to play a bit more pvp , like gold and pve stuff push players to play a bit pve. I think this is totaly legit. (and it’s more healthy than runing one level 10 quest to get a key , even i’m sad they removed the BLC Key farm.)

(edited by Abimes.9726)

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

But it’s the overall behavior, decisions and actions which were taken.

You don’t expect me to say this only because of some silly key path which I have abandoned after doing three times in the row, don’t you?

That all sounds ectremely vague and seems to have 0 relevance to this thread. Go figure.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

You can easily make 10 gold / hr in silverwastes, thats using standard farm / sell on the spot and assuming no good/decent exotic drops which add to that. this is assuming proper account set up, bag space, MF, etc.

Or, you can make 40-70 / hr from silverwastes using the liqudation method, which takes some time tracking TP price swings on many items in many categories, good crafting skills to convert what you get and is somewhat dependant on TP RNG. Also, you will not make it immediately, you have to wait, often 1-2 weeks but sometimes 3-4 weeks for prices to swing.

You can’t come even remotely close to this doing WVW or dungeons.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

On top of that, these keys are meant to be bought in the gem store for profit. This is a free gift to you.

It didn’t used to be that way. I used to farm a key in the span of 15 minutes until ArenaNet took that away. After that, I was able to farm one for every 8 Tomes of Knowledge I earned in PvP until ArenaNet decided to take that away too.

Now I can only farm one once a week.

Sorry, but I don’t consider something “a free gift” when it’s something I used to be able to get a lot very easily and very quickly. If they wanted everyone to pay for keys and not be able to farm them, then they shouldn’t have made keys something that people can farm in the first place. They literally just set themselves up to kitten off a bunch of people.

In the first place, the Black Lion Chest key itself is unarguably a statistical scam. No matter how many keys you buy, you will statistically never have spent less gold or gems than if you were to purchase whatever desired contents directly.

The entitlement is strong with this one.

ANet decided that keys were undervalued because of the ease with which they have been farmed up in the past so they made them harder to farm. Does that really require these tinfoil hat conspiracy theory type threads? If you don’t like the chests then why are you complaining about keys at all?

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

One time key reward track? Pass. I’ll just whip out my credit card for 25 if I feel like gambling instead of spending a few days running through it for a single key.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I couldn’t care less about it, I play PvP because it’s fun… Getting a BL key for having fun sounds like a gift to me.

But I can understand why people are mad, it’s rare to meet other players who PvP for fun > dailies/AP farming.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

Could have 0 black lion chest keys like WvW, or the low rewards in WvW. Honestly be glad they give you one. Unique skins and other things, don’t take it for granted. You should be playing PvP to PvP not to get rich (that goes the same for all areas). There was a time when PvP got 0 rewards, none, no lvls, no gold, no skins, to dungeon tokes.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in PvP

Velimere.7685

The entitlement is strong with this one.

Any such regard is completely and utterly delusional. Sorry, but there’s nothing entitled about knowing, understanding, and acknowledging how easy it was for myself to get something and how difficult it was intentionally made for me to get after the fact. Never once did I state anything as to what I do or don’t deserve.

ANet decided that keys were undervalued because of the ease with which they have been farmed up in the past so they made them harder to farm. Does that really require these tinfoil hat conspiracy theory type threads?

First of all, this isn’t my thread, so maybe don’t quote me and inquire as to need for it. Second of all, it’s impossible to undervalue keys given that they are a gamble and a statistical scam in the fact that you can generally spend less gems or gold on whatever you hope to get out of them in the first place than you would on the keys themselves.

If you don’t like the chests then why are you complaining about keys at all?

I never once stated anything as to not liking the chests; that notion is entirely original to you. Therefore, instead of creating your own arguments and shoving them down other people’s throats to argue for you so that you can thereafter argue against them (read: straw man fallacy), perhaps maybe see yourself to a corner and proceed to argue with yourself instead, because I don’t appreciate your inferences.