2-Team Tournament Map Rotation

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Wow very disappointing. Not only did you skip one of the best maps “Foefire” you are putting spirit watch again. I hope this means you fixed all the terrain bugs and OP tank running.

Can’t imagine why people like Spirit watch or Khylo. Best maps by far IMO is FoeFire, Temple and Niflhel

plus one for this. I think terrained levels make this game kinda awkward for non vertical classes.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Putte.8435

Putte.8435

Spirit Watch in tournaments wtf! worst map ever!
SO disappointing!
No more tourneys until 3/26 i guess………………..

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

we really need random map rotation implemented… now more then ever before

PS: what will happen with free tournament items? just curious

in PvP

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

so is the rotation posted by op going to be the permanent rotation?

because if so, meh. other than the fact that capricorn isnt on it.

thugged out since cubscouts

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I think a good idea would have all people on teams vote for which map they want… Map with the most votes is the one played on… One map I don’t see ever being voted for is raid on cap.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

2 pre made would end up voting in a draw. Id rather see each team bans 1 map

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Lowellollipop.5817

Lowellollipop.5817

It is extremly frustrating to see Spirit Watch still in the map rotation considering the billion bugs on that map. Any plans for that?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Why isn’t raid of Capricorn on the list?

in PvP

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

Why isn’t raid of Capricorn on the list?

because its awful.

thugged out since cubscouts

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Any chance the maps could rotate at the same time as the daily quests everyday? A daily rotating map is certainly better then every 3 days but as always, random rotation would be best.

in PvP

Rerroll.9083

maps should be already random, cmon

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

bugged bridges are cool

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Khylo is the worst map. Boring. It really should be possible to choose the map you want to play… but I guess there are not enough players playing sPvP so if the players got divided between maps it would take longer to get running tournament matches?

Or is there any other reason?

Make it possible to play only the maps you want. In single match tournaments and in the non-tournament hotjoin matches.

I agree that for real tournaments people should be able to play all the maps – and that’s why there need to be tournaments with more then 1 match again and then random maps chosen.

in PvP

Posted by: Brix.8461

Brix.8461

soo, which map is it gonna be today? it’s not mentioned in the first post.

Global Social Media, ESL
http://eslgaming.com

in PvP

Luthan.5236

Starting again with Legaca of Foefire it seems. I think they keep the same rotation and restart it every time(with the other map with the sharks and underwater capture point not included).

Edit: Oh I see it got edited 12 minutes ago. Seems almost the same but I think they switched the order of Spirit Watch and Temple of the Silent Storm.

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Previous

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Yeah, I swapped the order of Spirit Watch so that it doesn’t show up until after the patch. There are a fair number of changes coming with it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Is it any way possible to speed up the map rotations? Like once a day? In my opinion, the map gets stale pretty quickly. Am curious as to the justification between twice a week instead of say, daily.

in PvP

Luthan.5236

Why exactly is Khylo one week(seven days)? There is also a friday on 4/26.

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Why exactly is Khylo one week(seven days)? There is also a friday on 4/26.

because khylo rocks

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Luthan.5236

Then Temple of the Silent Storm would need to be 2 weeks because it is the best map.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Why don’t you rotate the map every day. This just gets boring.

in PvP

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

Seriously, can we get an actual response on why we have to play the same map everyday for half a week?

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

in PvP

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Seriously, can we get an actual response on why we have to play the same map everyday for half a week?

Shhhh. you. This week’s flavor of ice cream is orange puke. You like orange puke, right? I mean you will like orange puke if I ram it down your throat for 5 days in a row.

It will get to the point, you’ll ask your self….“self, why am I not having orange puke rammed down my throat”? “I mean, I kind of liked it the first 4 days.”. “Now that it’s gone, I kind of miss it!”.

“In fact, I’m kind of missing some orange puke eaten, and thrown back up”. “I wish I could eat some more orange puke”. “Hey self…..is it orange puke if I eat it and barf it back up again?”.

“Heck, what makes orange puke “puke” in the first place?". “Do I have to eat it until I spew it up again to qualify it?”

For the love of god and all that is holy….stop messing around with us and give us a map rotation. We are not hamsters in your high school biology lab. Give us a kitten wheel that smells a bit different.

(edited by Firebaall.5127)

in PvP

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Shhhh. you. This week’s flavor of ice cream is orange puke. You like orange puke, right? I mean you will like orange puke if I ram it down your throat for 5 days in a row.

It will get to the point, you’ll ask yourself….“self, why am I not having orange puke rammed down my throat”? “I mean, I kind of liked it the first 4 days.”. “Now that it’s gone, I kind of miss it!”.

“In fact, I’m kind of missing some orange puke eaten, and thrown back up”. “I wish I could eat some more orange puke”. “Hey self…..is it orange puke if I eat it and barf it back up again?”.

“Heck, what makes orange puke “puke” in the first place?". “Do I have to eat it until I spew it up again to qualify it?”

For the love of god and all that is holy….stop messing around with us and give us a map rotation. We are not hamsters in your high school biology lab. Give us a kitten wheel that smells a bit different.

in PvP

Posted by: lowfreq.3674

lowfreq.3674

the new map rotation is is horrible. Playing the same map repeatedly gets old fast. I really think that random map rotation would be a lot more enjoyable and I know most would agree.

in PvP

Posted by: Apollo.7389

Apollo.7389

Ug spirit watch again…

in PvP

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

when will we see the new rotation?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

It will get to the point, you’ll ask yourself….“self, why am I not having orange puke rammed down my throat”? “I mean, I kind of liked it the first 4 days.”. “Now that it’s gone, I kind of miss it!”.

i’m begging you (anet) can we please get a random rotation or at leaster a shorter interval?
not for the love of god and for sure nothing holy.
just for us – your players <3

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Apollo.7389

Apollo.7389

Get this horrible map SPIRIT WATCH out of the rotation. Take Temple out of it as while you are at it.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I like the way its set up. Gives just enough time to figure out a solid strat with a group of players and then we get a new map.

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Get this horrible map SPIRIT WATCH out of the rotation. Take Temple out of it as while you are at it.

What is exactly wrong with Temple? It matches the other games style and the only ‘game breaker’ is the capture that grants you all the capture zones. And that only happens near the end of the game and either ends a game that is lopsided faster or gives a chance to a team that is 100ish points behind to win.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in PvP

Luthan.5236

Temple is interesting because of that buffs… I bet he lost a lot of matches because of noobs that did not pay attention to the buffs… but buffs are not everything. If they get the buff that caps(cause nobody of your team prevented them from getting it) all 3 points you just have to run to every point. Often more than 1 enemy person is down getting that buff which means you can get the other points fast cause they have less people up there and need to walk back first. Of course if the team are only trying to cap 1 point… then cap next point(like 5 people running to 1 point) then it can’t be helped. You need to go to all 3 points at the same time in this situation.

Also the other buff that doubles the points helps. Capture 1 point and with that buff it equals the other 2 points left still unter enemy control giving you time to get a 2nd one.

in PvP

Luthan.5236

It’s fun to see: Everybody crying and they remove the map(Spirit Watch)… and even until end of May it got removed…

Seems they are not very confident in their ability to improve it and we’ll have to wait for at least 1 month before next patch/ update of the map again.

Or maybe they just removed it completely from tournament? Lol. This is a joke lol. I hope soon it will be possible to chose the map we want to play. If they wanto to make it esport they can’t fore you to play the same map for 3-4 days.

Or do you play in games like Starcraft II or Shooters games the same map for days until the game developers allow you to play another map?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Why did they remove Temple now from May?!

in PvP

Luthan.5236

Not Temple. Spirit Watch. Because everybody complained – which is okay. But they should at least try some hotfixes and to them fast instead of completely removing it or removing it for 2 weeks.

Always the same… I’m sure next rangers will get heavily nerfed cause a lot of people whined. That’s how it works. They listen to the customers. Lol.

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Not Temple. Spirit Watch. Because everybody complained – which is okay. But they should at least try some hotfixes and to them fast instead of completely removing it or removing it for 2 weeks.

Always the same… I’m sure next rangers will get heavily nerfed cause a lot of people whined. That’s how it works. They listen to the customers. Lol.

Im fine with Spirit Watch being out, but the next months schedule is only Foefire, Forest and Kylo. The pattern repeats twice.

in PvP

Rerroll.9083

How hard is it to implement random rotation for a company as arenanet?

I fail to understand this.

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

How hard is it to implement random rotation for a company as arenanet?

I fail to understand this.

As they will probably tell us – its harder to implement than we think.

Even though Im sure there are plenty of software engineers and developers on this forum like myself that understand what it takes to do some of these things. If its really to hard to implement, then your backend was poorly written and you should feel bad Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Anuxdei.2175

Anuxdei.2175

everypatch and every move from arenet going fail these days…i hate sprit watch also and i want random map system back !!! before 3months spvp is more fun but these days and %90 of game people doing duels and dont play capture , we dont have arenas but we have battlegrounds with full of people which doing duel ….gz arena !!!
old system much better than now and MUCH MORE FUN , i addicted to spvp but these days worsth thing ever in my life prefer to play monkey island 2

in PvP

Luthan.5236

Don’t forget to return Spirit Watch next month in the rotation. We have waited long enough and it seems there were some fixes the last patch.

in PvP

Luthan.5236

So restarting the same cycle with Foefire again today? Or will we see Spirit Watch back in rotation(then you should start with it today and not put it at the end of the list).

in PvP

Posted by: Greenfish.1270

Greenfish.1270

Their “excuse” does makes sense, though. Look at GW1’s random arenas: how many players build around flags? Who many made build around auto-resurrection? Pretty much none, because those maps were random, and wouldn’t always pop up. Playewrs had to use a generalized build for them all, and weren’t allowed to adapt.

A random map system would mean that any depth that would come from building around the secondary objectives, would be negleted. That’s cool for casual/ hotjoin (which already cycles maps), but generally, it will only emphasize more the builds that are already meta, by destroying the niche builds.

I dont think it would destroy any niche builds, from my experience people usually pick a build and only change some major traits, an amulet, weapons or runes\sigils before the match not completely rebuild their spec.

in PvP

Posted by: Greenfish.1270

Greenfish.1270

What is exactly wrong with Temple? It matches the other games style and the only ‘game breaker’ is the capture that grants you all the capture zones. And that only happens near the end of the game and either ends a game that is lopsided faster or gives a chance to a team that is 100ish points behind to win.

I agree, Temple should stay but I also agree that Spirit Watch should be removed and a Daily map change would be better than just 2x a week. (I also think the water level should be completely removed from the game no one seems to like that map, I cant even remember its name because I really dislike that map)

in PvP

Posted by: luxen.8376

luxen.8376

I agree, Temple should stay but I also agree that Spirit Watch should be removed and a Daily map change would be better than just 2x a week. (I also think the water level should be completely removed from the game no one seems to like that map, I cant even remember its name because I really dislike that map)

Temple is one of the best maps and everyone knows the water area needs tweaking. Specially because of the skills since you’ll need the water to jump and not die just like Jonathan Sharp mentioned it last sotg.

Luxen – Engineer, Elementalist & Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Gunner.7342

Gunner.7342

Is there any reason why don’t we get random map on tournaments? Is it a technical issue or is it a design philosophy?

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I actually like the current map rotation, please keep it the same. I don’t like having a different map every hour or so like World of Warcraft.

in PvP

Posted by: LoneDeranger.5963

LoneDeranger.5963

What is the current map rotation and is Spirit Watch in it again?

in PvP

Posted by: moolie.5927

moolie.5927

I really like Spirit Watch. Please add it to the rotation,

Just another careless bird.

in PvP

Posted by: Leimone.6734

Leimone.6734

When does the map change?

Leimone | Red Guard