2-Team Tournament Map Rotation

in PvP

Posted by: xehn.3420

xehn.3420

why no more spirit watch on the rotation ?

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

why no more spirit watch on the rotation ?

Because its an absolutely terrible tournament map?

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in PvP

Posted by: xehn.3420

xehn.3420

I personally like it, and a lot of people seemed to enjoy it when it was released.

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

I personally like it, and a lot of people seemed to enjoy it when it was released.

Its a fine map in general, but it does not lend itself well to a competitive atmosphere like tournaments. It promotes far too much of class segregation as classes with instant move modifiers (thief, ranger) are able to score points far easier then other classes that rely purely of speed buffs.

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

>>Enter thread

>>Ask for random map rotation

>>Abandon thread

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: LoneDeranger.5963

LoneDeranger.5963

Spirit Watch used to be on the rotation but it was removed because the Orb was buggy. (Sometimes it wouldn’t respawn.) I was under the impression that once this problem was solved the map would return regardless of people liking or disliking it. It would be nice to have an update on that.

in PvP

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Why did Skyhammer get removed from the rotation on 7/26?

Same old boring maps again.

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

because it sucks balls and is a troll map.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Seems people can’t learn to play. Too many 1 v 1 s and 1 v 2s on maps like Spirit Watch and Skyhammer I guess. RIP the best of the maps. These secondary mechanics really change the games up. No longer can players just focus on holding points and killing players but have to actually fight off point over a cannon or an orb. These are the things that make the game interesting. Hopefully more valuable secondary mechanics can enter the game unlike kyhlo, forest, and foefire.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Seems people can’t learn to play. Too many 1 v 1 s and 1 v 2s on maps like Spirit Watch and Skyhammer I guess. RIP the best of the maps. These secondary mechanics really change the games up. No longer can players just focus on holding points and killing players but have to actually fight off point over a cannon or an orb. These are the things that make the game interesting. Hopefully more valuable secondary mechanics can enter the game unlike kyhlo, forest, and foefire.

I agree with you, well said.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Thanks for taking out Skyhammer. Competitive teams can play again now.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Any news on when we will get different queues for each map or when Skyhammer and Spirit Watch will be back? I hope it will still happen this year. Would be megafail to make 2 new maps and only being able to play them in hotjoin.

I think there have been enough suggestions – even if you don’t want to make queue/each map cause of waiting time there could be “unranked matches”(to replace the usual hotjoin and there only CAs left) and then a pool of tournament-ready maps used at ranked matches(that what we call tournament atm) and at a 2nd unranked queue. Also a 3rd queue only unranked with rotation between the “not ready for tournament” maps… so we are not forced to hotjoin them.

Pretty much nobody will care about Spirit Watch and Skyhammer anymore from today as long as they don’t come back(seriously who is playing hotjoin? Even the CAs that are bought from pro teams to train for tournament are not playing this map…. cause it is not in tournament).

I stronly suggest to implement a solution and not ignore it completely…. and bringing another nex map in a few months that gets removed from rotation until we get more and more hotjoin maps only(where you could just save the time developing them).

Thanks for taking out Skyhammer. Competitive teams can play again now.

They could also play before… just waiting a few days cause there is a rotation and not 24/7 the whole year Skyhammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Sephius.2876

Sephius.2876

Oh thank the maker. You wouldn’t believe how much this has made my day by not seeing Skyhammer on the rota.

Thanks Anet

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Playing a build that ignores all stats and purely focuses on the skills effects does not make the game interesting. It focuses players to play gimmick builds to take advantage of the mechanics added.

Good sPvP map, terrible tournament map.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Well, tPvP becomes just that much less interesting. Every time a new map is released, the tPvP community whines until it is removed because they don’t want to adapt. I guess if you want to play new fresh maps hotjoin is the only place to do it as tPvP gets more and more outdated. When they finally (hopefully) release a capture the flag map, the tPvP elites will probably complain about that as well. It’s too bad fun is thrown out of tPvP for what the “elite few” perceive as balance, which is in actuality just because they don’t want to play another way besides what they already know and use regularly.

in PvP

Posted by: EraSer.5013

EraSer.5013

Thank god skyhammer gets removed. Better delete this map, with maps like that esport will never exist in gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Thank god skyhammer gets removed. Better delete this map, with maps like that esport will never exist in gw2.

Yes, because AoE condition damage spamming is so much more “e-sport” like. lol

Give me a break. This game is never going to be e-sport anyway, and shouldn’t be.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

since it is no tournament and you changed the ingame wording why still call it 2-Team-Tournament? or Tournament at all?

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Skyhammer should stay in the yolo queue rotation IMO

Furthering that point, I’d like to see build templates implemented with solo tourneys, and for these to have a separate, more frequent map rotation.

Versatility is a key objective in yolo queues, as well as variety.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Solo Arena, map randomization and the leaver penalty are all coming at the same time.

thanks anet

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Any reason the map didnt change yesterday (7/30) to Foefire?