#2 downed skills

#2 downed skills

in PvP

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

I guess I just don’t get the complaining about mesmer downstate 2. I would switch with my engi’s 2 in a second. Then again a lot of mesmers complain about things that I don’t understand, so eh, difference of opinion I guess

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood

#2 downed skills

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

An ele shouldn’t be able to do what an ele can do in a downed state…

Riight we should be as weak as the rest and have half of their hp and armor. Not to mention our #3 is really really bad. While others #3 is pretty awesome, see mesmers #3 which deals a lot of damage or warriors that can come to life and wreck ur face when u were trying to finish him off.

#2 downed skills

in PvP

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

the ele is fine now that it doesnt renew health.

i think the warrior, engi could use buffs

the ranger needs a fix so that their #3 works 100% of the time

mesmer does A LOT of damage with their and its a bit over the top

#2 downed skills

in PvP

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Everyone having the same skills, traits, downed skills, and utilities are perfect! What a fantastic idea… instead of balancing lets just all be lazy and have no diversity or interested gameplay. lets all have these skills

I cant see anyone talking about skills, traits, drowned or utilities – this is just about Downed skill #2 and NO one can say they are balanced. Just giving out opinions and possible options – its not as if any of this will be taken into account and them actually do something about it anyway…

The point is that they are actually a bit balanced. By no means a warrior should be able to do what an ele can in downed state, nor an ele should be as bad as a warrior is while downed. You see, guardians have as much armor as a warrior have, but way lower hp, so guardians get a little better downed skill than warriors.
I might agree that mesmer and necro downed might be a little bad for them being light armor users, but you see necros are the second highest hp in game so they shouldnt have something as powerful as eles, but still not something as bad as warriors. Mesmers are light armor with high lower hp than a necro so their downed should be a little better, thieves hp are the second lowest in the game but they are med armor so their downed shouldnt be as good as an ele downed but neither as bad as a warrior downed, should be between mesmer and necro… Not sure if you get my point, but giving everyone the same chances to live is plain stupid and as i said then they should give everyone as much hp and armor.

You wanted a warrior? High hp, high armor, well your skills wont be as good as an ele to get out of troubles you will have to use ur high hp and armor to live through, deal with it.

I’m not saying everyone should have the exact same thing, that was an Option but they are not balanced – looks at Engineer. The problem is

1. You shouldnt be able to Stomp someone while in stealth
2. Downstate #2 shouldnt become useless against certain classes, abilities, skills

Then you have the problem that some people wont even bother stomping someone, just drop a few AoE and leave them to die thanks to the fact that taking any sort of damage stops the heal is annoying as well should only be direct damage that stops it

Thief, Ele and Warrior have the best ones i would say, they are balanced they can delay death (like they should) without being TO over powered (minus Thief) Mesmer WOULD be up there as well IF ours wasnt so UNRELIABLE

Surely downed state ISNT about whos got the highest armor/health It should take damage done into account in that sense then and Thief have OP burst and with the Culling issues an OP Stealth…so should they ALSO get the strongest Downedstate?

Downed State #2 skills should be to DELAY death for a few seconds, give your team or what ever a chance to save you, Engineer one is awful for example I’d say Necro is the second worst

In My opinion it goes:

Thief > Ele > Warrior > Mesmer(when it works) > Guardian > Mesmer(when it doesnt work) > Necro > Engineer

Not sure what the Ranger one is so dont know where it would fit.

#2 downed skills

in PvP

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Like I said in the other post.

Give them the #2 of Warrior, since Arma like it betetr.

I’m sure everyone will be happy.

Reliable, single interrupt.

Good idea

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

#2 downed skills

in PvP

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Like I said in the other post.

Give them the #2 of Warrior, since Arma like it betetr.

I’m sure everyone will be happy.

Reliable, single interrupt.

Good idea

and like i said in the other one, i was using it as an EXAMPLE of ones that work well – i did NOT say give us theirs

#2 downed skills

in PvP

Posted by: Akaji.1296

Akaji.1296

Heck I play Necro and engineer as main, and they prolyl have the worse downed state in game.

Re: Necros – maybe in 1v1, but in large-scale fights I’ve found that my Necro has probably the best chance of getting himself back up or staying alive long enough to be revived. Having the #1 skill be a channeled lifesteal that outpaces the downed timer (and can often outpace enemies’ damage so long as they don’t focus on you – i.e. AoE damage) is pretty amazing, even despite the relatively lackluster #2 skill.

#2 downed skills

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Thief, Ele and Warrior have the best ones i would say, they are balanced they can delay death (like they should) without being TO over powered (minus Thief) Mesmer WOULD be up there as well IF ours wasnt so UNRELIABLE

Surely downed state ISNT about whos got the highest armor/health It should take damage done into account in that sense then and Thief have OP burst and with the Culling issues an OP Stealth…so should they ALSO get the strongest Downedstate?

In My opinion it goes:

Thief > Ele > Warrior > Mesmer(when it works) > Guardian > Mesmer(when it doesnt work) > Necro > Engineer

Not sure what the Ranger one is so dont know where it would fit.

^^^^^^^^^^ LOLOLOLOL ROFFLLIIIe STOMP WITH CheZeor whiz !!!!! had to re-read entire thread for that. XD they think im crazy at work not for cracking up in laughter. Someone is a little kitten because they keep getting caught eating the last of the pizza rolls. stealth is NOT an impenetrable wall.

The thief downstate is no where near op. Its one of the worst with its ONLY purpose is to distract nub fruitcake stompers while dying.

Skill #2 perform amazingly elite starcraft manuver by moving lazily to the left….
awww so he avoided your stomp and no one gets to see your corny banner that they never really cared about in the 1st place…

oh wait look!!! there he is 5 feet to the left scurry on over and try agin… HOWEVER if 2 seconds have passed then his skill #3 will be online by the time you stomp so just hack away at his spot visable or not. if you cant take out a downed player whose losing 1.1 k ( ball parked) hp + w/e damage you do… you prolly should rethink your build.

in a 1v1 downed state all other classes > thiefs + engineer ( if turrets arent up and not traited to + damage while downed)

Rangers+ necros – heal while damaging

Warriors – get out of jail card where if they commit a crime within the time they live a free life. if not and they arent arrested then no points for the active citizen.

Guards – heal

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –