in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

You’re playing during off-hours.

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

This season combines the worst aspects of S1 and S2. Who would want to play in it?

Until MMR matchmaking is decoupled from the grind based pip/league system this games pvp will continue to suffer from horrible blowouts and unfun matches.

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Casual done with wings? > get out of PVP
Reach legend ? > Enjoy 20+ minute queue
Season 4 will be so dead when fodder who want wings leave for other thing. So Esportmen will play among themselves. Just as they ask.

Me > clear game backlog once I got the wing.

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Casual done with wings? > get out of PVP
Reach legend ? > Enjoy 20+ minute queue
Season 4 will be so dead when fodder who want wings leave for other thing. So Esportmen will play among themselves. Just as they ask.

Me > clear game backlog once I got the wing.

^This. I have the Ascended wings, not even sure if I’m going to bother trying to finish the last set of achievements.

There are so many bad players who think they are good it’s crazy.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Veneratio.1980

Veneratio.1980

12sec queue in Overwatch

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

12sec queue in Overwatch

10 minute queue in ranked, under a minute in unranked. I Think that says it all.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

It surprises me none here has the idea that most colleges and universities are midst exams right now.

Even on peak hours the queue’s are quite “long”.

1. Exams
2. Overwatch

ezpz

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

It surprises me none here has the idea that most colleges and universities are midst exams right now.

1. Exams
2. Overwatch

ezpz

Exams are not the reason number are down. Sure they probably factor in, but the main reason numbers are own is simple. Most have there wings. Once I have finished the achievements for the last gift, I can’t see me playing another league season. The PIP system is just bad.

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

1. Exams
2. Overwatch

ezpz

Exams are not the reason number are down. Sure they probably factor in, but the main reason numbers are own is simple. Most have there wings. Once I have finished the achievements for the last gift, I can’t see me playing another league season. The PIP system is just bad.

Exam is a huge factor. Real PvP’ers don’t care about achievements and what not, so I don’t count them into the PvP community.

Half of my ‘PvP only’ guild has exams, many of the ESL scene has exams, many ppl in my friendlist and wvw parties have exams.

Both are a desert atm.
And the pip system is just fine.

SoloQ’ing remains a hell but that’s the same for the last 1.5 year already.

Get a team, problem solved.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Thats weird, im Ruby t4 and getting 2 mins tops, playing everyday.

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Macondo.4827

Macondo.4827

10mins and counting

Attachments:

Alicia Kingsleigh – Blackgate.
PRX – MoAR – PEW

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Macondo.4827

22 mins, ….. i better make a coffee

Attachments:

PRX – MoAR – PEW

(edited by Macondo.4827)

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

1. Exams
2. Overwatch

ezpz

Exam is a huge factor. Real PvP’ers don’t care about achievements and what not, so I don’t count them into the PvP community.

Half of my ‘PvP only’ guild has exams, many of the ESL scene has exams, many ppl in my friendlist and wvw parties have exams.

Both are a desert atm.
And the pip system is just fine.

SoloQ’ing remains a hell but that’s the same for the last 1.5 year already.

Get a team, problem solved.

Funny, my guild, no one has exams, everyone is online. Getting a team is not that easy. you need 5 people all to be online at the same time and all be of the same skill level. Not everyone plays at the same time, People do have other things to do. The pip system is not fine. It revolves around luck as much as skill. we could both play 50 games, and could both win 25 games, but have very different pip scores. as far as MMR is concerned we are the same skill level. The PIP system says we are not.

But keep fooling your self.

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

12sec queue in Overwatch

Fun fact, OW uses same old 50/50 algo that forces 50% win rate on you by stacking teams like in gw2.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

12sec queue in Overwatch

Fun fact, OW uses same old 50/50 algo that forces 50% win rate on you by stacking teams like in gw2.

At least the mechanics are more conducive for carrying and you can switch classes as the situation dictates. I was in such a hopeless match I logged out since I’m in T3 Sapphire pipless and having no personal score (everyone just had to go mid against two warriors, an ele, revenant, and a necro lol!) wouldn’t even get my 15 silver anyway especially with teamfights always finding a way to land on top of me and in matches like that there’s never any space to decap and can never seem to rotate right and revenant has no good tools to disengage and the 2v1’s were always with a warrior who lasted long enough for an ele to get there so…kitten it. Ranked hasn’t been fun in days. I accepted the dishonor and am just watching some Cartoon Network.

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

Ranked hasn’t been fun in days. I accepted the dishonor and am just watching some Cartoon Network.

I can relate.

Normally I’m prety good, but the last few night I know I’ve been a salty kitten because my games have been so bad. I actually bowed out and logged off for the night the other night just so I didn’t blow a gasket and say something I really regretted.

My only solace is I’m a few days away from getting the last achievement for my wings and then I’m probably going to stop playing PvP.

From there I’m not quite sure what to do because PvE isn’t really challenging, don’t have much interest in raiding again (gave it up when I quit WoW) and something about zerg vs zerg, I mean WvW doesn’t strike me as looking fun.

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

12sec queue in Overwatch

You mean like all games with MMR try to accomplish? The GOAL of MMR is to increase the difficulty on you as you win until you lose and then find the sweet spot where you go 50/50.

It would be great if this game just used that “same old algo”, at least we would get good games after awhile, instead they have skewed it so you can grind up your pips/divisions to get the wings which completely invalidates any kind of MMR equilibrium.

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

^

If you want to win 100% of the time, PvE is available.

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Cynz.9437

12sec queue in Overwatch

You mean like all games with MMR try to accomplish? The GOAL of MMR is to increase the difficulty on you as you win until you lose and then find the sweet spot where you go 50/50.

It would be great if this game just used that “same old algo”, at least we would get good games after awhile, instead they have skewed it so you can grind up your pips/divisions to get the wings which completely invalidates any kind of MMR equilibrium.

No, it puts you in team of really bad players vs really good team if you have too high win rate and on team of really good players vs bad players if your winrate is too low. IN OW it is bit easier to see due to level. You get games like lv 100 players vs lv 10s with 1 lv 50 player and vise versa.

All is Vain~

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

12sec queue in Overwatch

No, it puts you in team of really bad players vs really good team if you have too high win rate and on team of really good players vs bad players if your winrate is too low. IN OW it is bit easier to see due to level. You get games like lv 100 players vs lv 10s with 1 lv 50 player and vise versa.

Fun Fact: OW levels are as indicative of “skill” as GW2 SPVP ranks. Good try guy.

Hipsters going to keep on hipping.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Cynz.9437

12sec queue in Overwatch

Fun Fact: OW levels are as indicative of “skill” as GW2 SPVP ranks. Good try guy.

At this state of the game it kind of does indicate experience since game is new and only doesn’t apply to people who played in beta. In GW2 levels became meaningless because game is almost 4 years old.

Who would you prefer to play with in gw2: with someone who has done 20 matches or 5k matches?

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Macondo.4827

NEW RECORD!!!!

30mins!!!..

WTF …

Attachments:

PRX – MoAR – PEW

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I think i see your problem… you’re queuing stronghold which almost nobody plays.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Sardath.8524

Sardath.8524

At this state of the game it kind of does indicate experience since game is new and only doesn’t apply to people who played in beta. In GW2 levels became meaningless because game is almost 4 years old.

Who would you prefer to play with in gw2: with someone who has done 20 matches or 5k matches?

You can’t compare the 2 games. Firstly, prior experience in other FPS games will translate to Overwatch, enabling you to carry your team with most heroes – one good player can score a team kill – in Gw2 you’re lucky if you win a 1v2. Also you can group up for bonus XP and play against AI to lvl 100 if you want, so levels really don’t mean a lot.

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: tomwcb.9713

tomwcb.9713

22 mins, ….. i better make a coffee

Yeah that’s very long – but you’re also playing in the middle of the day. Pop size is going to be a lot smaller.

20 min queue on Ruby

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I usually have 2-3min queue in diamond t1, your MMR must be too high, go loose some games on purpose

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.