20% projectile finishers

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Can these all get buffed to 40 or 50 percent? 20% is not enough to be even remotely reliable. No one thinks, “let me use my 20% projectile finisher through that field,” because it isn’t reliable enough to change your play style for that. If it was 40 or 50 percent, I would definitely spam a few projectiles through a field to get an effect. Then maybe you could buff the projectile finishers just a little bit, they are kind of underwhelming.

Also, necros need more finishers. No class should have 2 finishers on all of their pvp weapons (putrid mark blast and staff auto 20% projectile chance). Especially when necros have a lot of fields to use from their utilities.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

It’s fine as it is

It would be bad for the game more burn stacks, more poison stacks, more blind from distance etc.

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

zapv.8051

It’s fine as it is

It would be bad for the game more burn stacks, more poison stacks, more blind from distance etc.

Then they should just remove the 20% projectile finishers on those skills because currently they are never worth using for those effects. Also, you say more burning stacks, but the burn lasts 1 second. The poison lasts 2 seconds, the blind I agree could become a problem, but they could fix that one way or another (make it a 1 second blind). I also don’t see how rewarding players for using finisher skills through fields would be worse for gameplay. Making skills worth using because they are a projectile finisher doesn’t sound like bad gameplay to me, and the added effects would be helpful but certainly not gamebreaking.

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Honestly, most of these are on autos, and I like autos being as unreliable as possible.

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

I don’t think this area is where the attention should be at the moment.

Range attack in general is amazing. And game shouldn’t be about whose team has better field.

All is vain.

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

zapv.8051

I don’t think this area is where the attention should be at the moment.

Range attack in general is amazing. And game shouldn’t be about whose team has better field.

I tend to think buffing, or changing things that are useless should be number one priority (aka 20% projectile finisher chance). Also, it wouldn’t become about who has the better field, projectile finisher effects aren’t strong enough by themselves to win you a teamfight.

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Can these all get buffed to 40 or 50 percent? 20% is not enough to be even remotely reliable. No one thinks, “let me use my 20% projectile finisher through that field,” because it isn’t reliable enough to change your play style for that.

20% projectile finishers are basically all auto attacks, or attacks that have multiple projectiles (like rapid fire). Increasing this to 40% just adds even more random passive play to the game.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

zapv.8051

Can these all get buffed to 40 or 50 percent? 20% is not enough to be even remotely reliable. No one thinks, “let me use my 20% projectile finisher through that field,” because it isn’t reliable enough to change your play style for that.

20% projectile finishers are basically all auto attacks, or attacks that have multiple projectiles (like rapid fire). Increasing this to 40% just adds even more random passive play to the game.

They could leave it on things like rapid fire, but I don’t see how using a projectile through a field is random. I certainly wouldn’t be doing it unintentionally, and that is the opposite of random to me. Sure, there is chance involved, but at least you have to be casting through a field. I’m sure you will think something along the lines of, “but most of the time this would proc it would be random casts on random fields.” That might be true for some players, but if you intentionally use 3 autos through a field I think you should be rewarded (which at 20% isn’t the case).

Basically, I’d argue using an auto through a field should be rewarded more than just using an auto. I can certainly see how it could become a spam fest, but as long as weapon skills are significantly stronger than autos+projectile finisher it wouldn’t be.

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Or, like Revenant’s, they could just simply balance the effects and auto speeds around 100%. There’s nothing wrong with knowing your attack will be stronger steadily when attacking from a combo field. That actually forces people to play well with them. Not having them reliable, you get random chances at benefits, but it’s not enough to push anyone to try to play better and utilize it. There’s nothing passive about combo field finishers, that’s why they were made, to reward people for comboing. Right now there’s no reason to.

Sure, projectile through burning might need a little tweaking and 100% projectile ranged attacks could possibly need to be slower attacks like the Revenant, but it adds play to the game, which the game desperately needs, that makes you think about your placement. As is, you don’t think about your 20% chance moves and as such, you gain very little play value by having them.

As for multi-hit, you could leave it at about 25% chance and that’d be fine. You’d have enough quick hits to want to take advantage of fields still.

Back to my forever long design philosophy don’t design around balance. Balance around good design.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

zapv.8051

^ Yes, thank you. Basically just wrote everything I think on the topic.

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Honestly i really prefer a fast attack and a 20% proj. finisher instead of 100 proj. finisher and a super slow weapon like Revenant hammer.

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

if light field+projectile was more reliable at least, not only in melee range.

+mortar kit could be good to get fixed 1111 100% projectile

ps sorry for only engi related qq.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Or, like Revenant’s, they could just simply balance the effects and auto speeds around 100%. There’s nothing wrong with knowing your attack will be stronger steadily when attacking from a combo field. That actually forces people to play well with them. Not having them reliable, you get random chances at benefits, but it’s not enough to push anyone to try to play better and utilize it. There’s nothing passive about combo field finishers, that’s why they were made, to reward people for comboing. Right now there’s no reason to.

Sure, projectile through burning might need a little tweaking and 100% projectile ranged attacks could possibly need to be slower attacks like the Revenant, but it adds play to the game, which the game desperately needs, that makes you think about your placement. As is, you don’t think about your 20% chance moves and as such, you gain very little play value by having them.

As for multi-hit, you could leave it at about 25% chance and that’d be fine. You’d have enough quick hits to want to take advantage of fields still.

Back to my forever long design philosophy don’t design around balance. Balance around good design.

Absolutely. A 100% chance doesn’t increase the “random”/RNG element of utilizing the fields. If the effects of a ranged attack through a lightning field were a chance at a sigil of air proc, a 20% chance makes the damage even more unpredictable and random, and thus more difficult to counter.

Of course the effects would likely need to be nerfed, or the percentages changed on a per-skill basis (I don’t think anyone can argue rev hammer being a 100% finisher is OP due to the skills themselves), but removing the RNG elements from finishers/fields creates much more interesting and creative play.

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

It’s 20% because pve.

Blob pew pew through combo field.

It’s not designed for solo use purpose, unreliable.
Fortunately.
Imagine the abominations.
Don’t you think burning is bad enough as it is ?

20% projectile finishers

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

It’s meant to be a bonus to attacks and that’s why weak/unreliable. Also cheap/easy way to introduce new players to ‘Combo System’. Buffs ranged, low-risk attacks anyway. Was never meant to be any kind of epic, game-changer. Working as intended.