Afterwards november was make or break.
Then came december & January.

Let’s see february.

Up Rerroll

26/02/13 - Make or Break?

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Are we just going to have this thread every month?

Meanwhile, you’ve probably more than recouped the money spent on this game in time played and entertainment earned… so why torment yourself over nothing if its such a torment?

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

^just about every single semi competitive to competitive team play this game not because of what it is but because of what they hope it’ll become. Time played? Sure, but hardly any entertainment to endure the months of blockbug etc.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Meanwhile, you’ve probably more than recouped the money spent on this game in time played and entertainment earned…

No.
I payed for a working PvP game that was heading to be an Esport.
I got none of that.

I count my brother lucky that he saw this coming in beta so didn’t even buy the game.

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

Yea im a bit afraid we’r gona get the we didnt really say february is gona be the big patch and then we will wait for march…. I have alot of patience aparently but if they dont make some big changes soon….

aka Subl

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

People who expect a miracle patch are going to be dissapointed.
People who expect to see a patch that helps out the game a bit in the right direction might be pleased.

At least i hope, I wont say everything rides on this patch, thats not true. But, its an important patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Convict.8526

Convict.8526

honestly if they just put all their money back into

GW1 i think we would all be happy

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

I think they will kill eles and so spvp will lose yet another player.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

People who expect a miracle patch are going to be dissapointed.
People who expect to see a patch that helps out the game a bit in the right direction might be pleased.

At least i hope, I wont say everything rides on this patch, thats not true. But, its an important patch.

well im going to be disappointed so. but i expect , at least, every single thing we asked in these months (matchmaking, ladder, balance, decent tournament master options).

less would be really sad, considering anet is silent

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

build it and they will come.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

I just hope you guys are ready for the loading screen bug.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I just hope you guys are ready for the loading screen bug.

They should package each patch with a big sticker on the front saying, “Each patch comes with one FREE loading screen bug!”

Also, @Eagrim…you have some high level anger issues. Take a deep breath you psychopath.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

They should package each patch with a big sticker on the front saying, “Each patch comes with one FREE loading screen bug!”

LOL

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Neither?
I’m pretty sure they aren’t doing anything on Feb that will make the game less attractive and a new map was definitely wanted since it’s been quite awhile and there’s such a small rotation atm. Well other than the loading bug.

Would just like to see all skills & traits unbugged, Custom arena’s and faster queue pop times or revitalization of hj, either/or.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

They already said pvp and wvw patch won’t be till march

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

They already said pvp and wvw patch won’t be till march

Pretty sure SPvP and PvE updates are this month and WvW updates are next month. It was all originally intended to be released in Jan and Feb, but they were behind on WvW updates and had to push just those ones to March.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

GW2 is already a great pvp game.. and it’ll only get better… there are definitely many critics but I’m optimistic and willing to wait a little bit longer for what feels like the best pvp mmorpg I’ve ever played.. and I’ve played probably every mmorpg ever.. from Asheron’s call to warhammer

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

I’m rank 40 atm and i still enjoy spvp a lot.
I’ve tried multiple classes, usually glass cannon builds.
Really looking forward to future pvp updates.
Seeing gw1 pvp was really great i know they will be able to create the same for gw2.
But i don’t see this happening in the near future.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Darnis.4056

What ?:/ I’m sorry if that was intelligible to you because it wasn’t to me…

I’m r42 atm, and I enjoy tpvp with friends 3-4 hours of straight head to head action a day… the game is fun and everyone agrees a few more maps and game modes maybe spectator mode and a ladder and we’re in the big time.

in PvP

Darnis.4056

I feel like there are more people playing since the 1tv1t map rotation change…
Had 30~ of the people on my friends list on thursday prime time.

Hopefully new patch new map new changes will bring even more people back to pvp… Stay positive forum dwellers.

in PvP

Posted by: Pharexys.4280

Pharexys.4280

Darnis, my beloved froob.

Those guys you are playing or seeing around you, are pve newbies that testing pvp.
The competitive players that been into PVP since DAY 1 are NOT playing at this moment or if there are some left are below the number you suggested. This is the concern me and some guys here are trying to point out to the ARENANET developers. If the guys that make specs, meta’s, and can bring your game into any kind of competitive leagues are GONE, you will end up with the players like yourself wich are CASUAL or PVE’ers, whatever you want to call it.

Have a nice day.

Devils Inside for life.
www.devils-inside.org

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Darnis, my beloved froob.

Those guys you are playing or seeing around you, are pve newbies that testing pvp.
The competitive players that been into PVP since DAY 1 are NOT playing at this moment or if there are some left are below the number you suggested. This is the concern me and some guys here are trying to point out to the ARENANET developers. If the guys that make specs, meta’s, and can bring your game into any kind of competitive leagues are GONE, you will end up with the players like yourself wich are CASUAL or PVE’ers, whatever you want to call it.

Have a nice day.

Bro, the game is not dead just because you left. Take a break, and come back in 1 or 2 months and enjoy pvp again. That’s what I did and it worked wonders!

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Pharexys.4280

Pharexys.4280

Yes the game is dead, 150+ pvp members of my guild are now 4 members. You are the one trying to advertise false asumptions about ingame status. I want the game to survive but without a tragic change it will not. Thanks and have a nice day.

Devils Inside for life.
www.devils-inside.org

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

There have been so many “make or break” patches already… Actually there has been one every month. sPvP is dead. And although the first 2 months I still had hope that they actually came up with a miracle to make this sPvP playable for me, deep down inside I knew that it just can’t happen. Not when I see them throw brilliant ideas from GW1 out the window and replacing them with worst possible solutions in GW2. Or not even replacing them.

Sometimes it almost makes me think that Anet is ashamed of GW1, while most people that already quit GW2, adore them for what GW1 was…

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Welcome to PvP Beta 3.0 see you in 2014. For full release!

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: edruviransu.1029

edruviransu.1029

Yes the game is dead, 150+ pvp members of my guild are now 4 members. You are the one trying to advertise false asumptions about ingame status. I want the game to survive but without a tragic change it will not. Thanks and have a nice day.

Sorry about your guild, but the person you’re replying to didn’t say that DI isn’t dead. He said the game isn’t dead. The top tier might even be dead (I generally see about as many names I recognize streaming as were streaming a month or two ago, but perhaps I misjudge their level), but the players below that seem to be doing relatively well compared to before 1v1 paids. Casual and semi-hardcore players are important to the health of the game, too.

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

god i love the people that still say that the pvp population is ok its like u can do simple math in prime time u go the spvp browser u take those dudes, then u probably got a free tourny going and a bunch in paids. Last time i checked it was less than 300 or something like that (in whole america not just NA).
Open your eyes this game is just “what it could been” or “lots of potential”, there is no point that u defend the game that u havent develop, its up to ANET to keep us happy so we can buy their next game.

in PvP

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Hmmm haven’t played in about 1.5 months, came to check to see if anything new has changed.

Looks like the same old story sigh…..

Wonder how much my gems are worth now…. Converted ~300 gold into gems right before i quit, just for fun. Too lazy to update client though and check if PvP is still crappy though.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in PvP

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

This game sold us an e-sport. Some people spent 60$ for that e-sport.

Well, where is it?

in PvP

Posted by: pinkglow.3429

pinkglow.3429

It’s already been break for me, and as far as I can see this patch wont make it be less of a break to me. I will try new map one or two times. But as a sane pvp player Im getting my pvp fix in another game, and it’s for ANet to show and me to find out if there will ever be a make enough to bring me back… perhaps after summer or something like that considering their working speed.

in PvP

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

I’m worried that this patch wont contain anything and it’ll be next patch or the patch after that or the patch after that or the patch in 6months time that will ‘fix’ the game.

Bah, all the doom and gloom is getting to me.

Forever unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

I mainly just check the forums for info these days. I know out of 6 guilds(5 full), my guild is down to 1 with about 20 active members. Feels painful just thinking about logging in the game now(so I don’t). Starting to feel the same about checking the forums.

It really sucks because I thought Anet would FINALLY be the developers that actually “get it”. Sadly it was all just PR bull…

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

(edited by Akumu.7238)

in PvP

Posted by: kobi.5236

kobi.5236

waiting for an a-net statement , i mean they always say " yeah we read the forums " , so they should actually see what is happning in pvp ..

just sad -.-

in PvP

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

ff14 beta this Monday…. hope its decent.

If they do have a big pvp update in this game (and i mean something significant, not the crap that came out in jan) i hope they like publicize it well. Forgot to check this site for over a month so i have no idea whats changed so far.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….