2h-weapons need 2 upgrade slots

in PvP

Posted by: Arlen.1625

Arlen.1625

If you use two one-handed weapons you can have two sigils; if you use a two-handed weapon you can use just one.
Why penalize those who want to use two handed weapons?

in PvP

Posted by: LeGi.3921

LeGi.3921

+1 would love to see that

We Are Extremly [ugly]

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Because the basic-damage of those weapons are higher + weapon-traits synergyize better with affecting 5 skillz instead of 3 or 2, which is mostly the case for one-handed weapons.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Neare.9703

Neare.9703

Because the basic-damage of those weapons are higher + weapon-traits synergyize better with affecting 5 skillz instead of 3 or 2, which is mostly the case for one-handed weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I would love it to happen, not just in S/TPvP but EVERYWHERE else as well but i just dont see it happening

in PvP

Posted by: Arlen.1625

Arlen.1625

Even assuming that you are right (and I think you are not), it would be better to ballance those weapons on the damage-side, allowing the players more versatility on their builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

There you have it.. :-)

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Even assuming that you are right (and I think you are not), it would be better to ballance those weapons on the damage-side, allowing the players more versatility on their builds.

What I said is fact, it’s not something we assume. Basic damage is higher (proof ingame or consult internet), Traits which boosts one-handed weapons mostly affecting 2-3 skillz (rare exceptions on dual-wield), while two-handed weapons are fully affected on all 5 skillz.
Lowering the basic-damage and add a second weapon sigil, could be fine. However, I think it is well balanced as it is right now.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

This is completely your own opinion (skillz? really?). Any weapon-specific cooldown reduction of 20% that is applied to one-handed weapons would apply to all 5 skills when using that weapon in either hand. Most traits that apply a cooldown reduction to skills also give other bonuses and apply the reduction to more than one specific type of weapon.

The basic damage of the weapon means absolutely nothing when considering the skills themselves have specific multipliers that are all individually chosen.

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

What I said is fact, it’s not something we assume. Basic damage is higher (proof ingame or consult internet), Traits which boosts one-handed weapons mostly affecting 2-3 skillz (rare exceptions on dual-wield), while two-handed weapons are fully affected on all 5 skillz.
Lowering the basic-damage and add a second weapon sigil, could be fine. However, I think it is well balanced as it is right now.

Weapon damage is absolutely irrelevant, because actual damage done differs based on skill damage, which, guess what, change with a weapon. In fact, 1H weapons in this game often outdamage 2handers, because actual weapon damage means total jack when it comes to skill balancing, it’s just here to mark your progression by getting a better weapon.

The whole trait debate kind of makes sense on paper, but actually doesn’t. 1H weapon traits also affect an off-hand of the same type, which makes one trait affect all 5 skills as well. Also, many of these “2H” traits don’t really benefit many skills. For example, Greatsword Power or w/e it’s called on the Warrior, hardly helps with Rush and Bladetrail that hit once or twice, it’s all about 100b and auto-attack. Cooldown reduction portion of traits, sure.

in PvP

Redscope.6215

Weapon damage is absolutely irrelevant, because actual damage done differs based on skill damage, which, guess what, change with a weapon. In fact, 1H weapons in this game often outdamage 2handers, because actual weapon damage means total jack when it comes to skill balancing, it’s just here to mark your progression by getting a better weapon.

Thanks for being someone who plays Guild Wars 2 and not Google Wars 2. Numbers listed on the weapon are meaningless when the skills change and have their own multipliers. Anyone who can’t see that is playing with a pen and paper.

The whole trait debate kind of makes sense on paper, but actually doesn’t. 1H weapon traits also affect an off-hand of the same type, which makes one trait affect all 5 skills as well. Also, many of these “2H” traits don’t really benefit many skills. For example, Greatsword Power or w/e it’s called on the Warrior, hardly helps with Rush and Bladetrail that hit once or twice, it’s all about 100b and auto-attack. Cooldown reduction portion of traits, sure.

The cooldown reduction in and of itself isn’t powerful enough to be a major trait for one specific weapon. That’s why they’ve coupled multiple weapons on many of them as well as added other bonuses. I don’t think there’s one weapon cooldown reduction major trait in the game that simply has one weapon type and no added bonus.

in PvP

Redscope.6215

In an effort to stay on topic, the only reason I can see why they haven’t made two upgrade slots for two-handed weapons is because all gear has only one upgrade slot period.

It will be interesting to see what they do with ascended weaponry and armor. Maybe they will finally alleviate this situation. Or at least give an equal stat bonus from two-handed weapons when compared to using two weapons.

in PvP

LeGi.3921

traitwise you are right for some classes but damagewise..

http://intothemists.com/calc/index.php?build=-sBxgT

mace (one handed) dealing more damage than GS (two handed). while axe is dealing more damage than both of them over three attacks but even there you can easily see that you are wrong.

try to get your facts straight before lecturing other people.

other example: http://intothemists.com/calc/index.php?build=-7F-gu

We Are Extremly [ugly]

(edited by LeGi.3921)

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Before all flaming me: Read my post first: I said basic-damage, I was not talking about effective damage. I wasn’t lecturing ppl either, but more what a same thread said some month ago (where even A-Net stated why). So calm down and stay on topic, thank you!

On traits: duel-wield is not available for every class or very limited. (Thief and Warrior are duel-wield classes) The rest is more or less 50/50 or restriced to the majority.

To counter your argument legi: it’s pretty one-sided. One handed-weapons are more about single-target, while two-handed weapons are favoring AoE. This is something you can’t compare with some maths on just one target. It’s not valid for general situations.
(hopefully I don’t get flamed for countering arguments)

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Sigil of minor corruption+ any of sigil of condition extension+ coupled with traits that further extend condition damage+ runes amplify condition damage on necro staff= more powerful than guardian with sigil of force+sigil of bloodlust+traits that increase great sword damage by 5%+runes that increase power= some professions would greatly benefit over double sigil than others. Already we see poor profession representation..this would only carry ranged staff wielders/ rifle users/bow users further a head of the current disparity of ranged versus melee. Great sword users would always come off second best.

in PvP

LeGi.3921

ok,

maybe i misunderstood your posts as it “sounded” like you are lecturing people.. but however i ment no offense with my post. i just gave clear examples where your damage argument is clearly wrong and – as it is not the first time i correct you on some facts in this forum – i would like you to doublecheck what you are posting.

i appreciate your posts and even when i dont read every post from every thread i scroll through most threads and read posts from people that i feel have experience in the game and are able to make objective posts. you are one of them.

i understood your basic damage as autoattack damage. and even when you ment damagepotential of that weapon i would disagree. ask a mesmer how staff is dealing more damage than 1h sword; ask a thief if shortbow is dealing more damage (over time; without initiative) than cleaving with your sword.

yes you can argue with the bigger aoe effect of 2handed weapons, but in spvp the aoe of most 1handed weapons is enough. in most fights there arent 4+ targets at the same spot where you can get an advantage of having a 2hand sword as a warrior.

and on another page, not every 2handed weapon is aoe~

to sum it up: there are arguments for both opinions and i – personally – feel it would make some 2handed weapons more viable to give two sigils for 2handed weapons, but can understand when other people disagree.

We Are Extremly [ugly]

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Sigil of minor corruption+ any of sigil of condition extension+ coupled with traits that further extend condition damage+ runes amplify condition damage on necro staff= more powerful than guardian with sigil of force+sigil of bloodlust+traits that increase great sword damage by 5%+runes that increase power= some professions would greatly benefit over double sigil than others. Already we see poor profession representation..this would only carry ranged staff wielders/ rifle users/bow users further a head of the current disparity of ranged versus melee. Great sword users would always come off second best.

To some extent you’re right and I have to agree. But in general it’s pretty hard to compare overall skillz only in terms of damage. Other influences like CC’s, passive heals, buffs, combo-fields has also to be considered.

To the OP: Why you brought up that question? Are you feeling that it is unbalanced? (I’m just wondering)

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

LeGi.3921

yes, comparing a condi necro with a damage guardian on that is probably a good idea.

We Are Extremly [ugly]

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

ok,

maybe i misunderstood your posts as it “sounded” like you are lecturing people.. but however i ment no offense with my post. i just gave clear examples where your damage argument is clearly wrong and – as it is not the first time i correct you on some facts in this forum – i would like you to doublecheck what you are posting.

i appreciate your posts and even when i dont read every post from every thread i scroll through most threads and read posts from people that i feel have experience in the game and are able to make objective posts. you are one of them.

i understood your basic damage as autoattack damage. and even when you ment damagepotential of that weapon i would disagree. ask a mesmer how staff is dealing more damage than 1h sword; ask a thief if shortbow is dealing more damage (over time; without initiative) than cleaving with your sword.

yes you can argue with the bigger aoe effect of 2handed weapons, but in spvp the aoe of most 1handed weapons is enough. in most fights there arent 4+ targets at the same spot where you can get an advantage of having a 2hand sword as a warrior.

and on another page, not every 2handed weapon is aoe~

to sum it up: there are arguments for both opinions and i – personally – feel it would make some 2handed weapons more viable to give two sigils for 2handed weapons, but can understand when other people disagree.

Thank you for the feedback, sorry for missunderstanding it. I was again not detailed enough again -.-. Comparing damage is not the only thing that has to be considered. As stated above also other abilites like combo-fields, CC’s, Buffs etc. are having heavy influence on the strenght of a weapon.

You’re right, the staff of the mesmer is not AoE, nor good in damage-dealing. However, the abilites to port, to buff (chaos-armor) and to CC/buffing is the reason why this weapon was favored over others and is/was in every standard shatter-build.

This topic overall is very complex and could not be written down in 2 sentences as I’ve done it. It was only a little part of why A-net came to that conclusion. With throwing another aspect into the pool, I hope you can understand why I came to my opinion. Allthough I can understand your points.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

In an effort to stay on topic, the only reason I can see why they haven’t made two upgrade slots for two-handed weapons is because all gear has only one upgrade slot period.

It will be interesting to see what they do with ascended weaponry and armor. Maybe they will finally alleviate this situation. Or at least give an equal stat bonus from two-handed weapons when compared to using two weapons.

You are correct. This was a technical drawback from the initial implementation of the system that we did not have the bandwidth undo. In order to do I now would require a significant rework of many other things. Not something I would rule out but something we would weigh considerably which means don’t expect it soon.

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

What about a simple “sigils are 50% stronger/have a 33% shorter cooldown/stack twice as fast” effect on two-handed weapons? That would be simple to implement, right?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

You are correct. This was a technical drawback from the initial implementation of the system that we did not have the bandwidth undo. In order to do I now would require a significant rework of many other things. Not something I would rule out but something we would weigh considerably which means don’t expect it soon.

What if the two-handed weapons used the off-hand slot to acchieve the same goal? Do the current systems support equipping a second sigil on the “empty” off-hand slot and have it count towards the main weapon?

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

What if the two-handed weapons used the off-hand slot to acchieve the same goal? Do the current systems support equipping a second sigil on the “empty” off-hand slot and have it count towards the main weapon?

The upgrade is tied to the item so that is not possible.

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

The upgrade is tied to the item so that is not possible.

How about giving bigger bonuses for 2h items? Say the stacks on kill being 13 per stack instead of 10 for 2handers? That should be a relatively simple implementation. Would only need a little bit of testing for the procs to see if proc chance or dmg/heal value/duration should be changed.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

I think if you were to objectively look at all two hand weapons you would fine that is not really the case. In theory if what you said was 100% true I would agree. Given how mediocre the balance in this game is however I dont really buy it. To be honest looking at my traits as a great sword/staff guardian I dont see traits synergizing better at all with two hand weapon. I see traits such as right hand strength which give you 15% free crit chance with all one hand weapons. I really don’t see traits at all that synergize better withs staff and greatsword versus 1 hand weapons. Reallys its more of a slight damage increase which imo does not make up for extra sigil. Don’t give them too much credit they haven’t earned it.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Or, just increase the stats of the items to account for the loss in sigil bonuses.

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Worst idea of the month as far as I’m concerned…

What Empa wrote.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

Wouldn’t implementing such a system allow Ascended gear to have both an upgrade slot and an infusion slot? I think that would be a good benefit as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Wouldn’t implementing such a system allow Ascended gear to have both an upgrade slot and an infusion slot? I think that would be a good benefit as well.

Great, so people would be disadvantaged until they grind one of their alts an ascended 2h weapon? That’s just horrible design.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Can you just make sigils that can only be applied to 2H weapons that have 2 effects on them to work around the whole 1 item 1 slot issue?

in PvP

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Can you just make sigils that can only be applied to 2H weapons that have 2 effects on them to work around the whole 1 item 1 slot issue?

You’d have to create a whole new “2h specific” sigil I would believe..

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

OR. They could just make a menu where you Shift Right-click weapons and a menu pops up with the sockets, and a new inventory window to the side (kind of like mystic forging) that only shows applicable sigils to be paced in.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

I did wonder if two-handed weapons could ever have between 100-150% the value of the sigil, depending on its initial strength and use. Might be too hard to implement though.

in PvP

Posted by: Atlanis.6597

Atlanis.6597

What if you could combine two sigils in the mystic forge (no other item requirements) in order to create a 2H-only sigil with the effects of both inputs?

in PvP

Feed Me Change.6528

What if you could combine two sigils in the mystic forge (no other item requirements) in order to create a 2H-only sigil with the effects of both inputs?

That would make some interesting combinations.. Sigil of Accurate Bloodlust for instance.

I’d would like to see some usage of skill points or other items, rather than just the 2 sigils.

There are 59 sigils, of course some can’t be used together (stacking)… I wonder how many possible combinations that would be…

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

2h should definitely have 2 slots. People who think 2H is inherently more damage than 1H are completely wrong. For instance, I am fairly certain that Ranger Sword does a lot more DPS than Ranger Greatsword. It is the same with many Warrior weapons, I am fairly sure (without looking up numbers) mace does more dps than hammer etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Legacy.7360

Legacy.7360

Why are you people beating a dead horse.

Jon Peters just chimed in on why they didn’t implement it in the first place and then stated his team would be making the appropriate changes in the future.

Stop trying to analyse and then having to try and give your “expert” opinion on the matter about the damage being done bye 1h and 2h weapons.

Topic of this thread has been answered. Thank you Jon.

Guardian <3
Dragon
Platinnum – Zerker Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Why are you people beating a dead horse.

Jon Peters just chimed in on why they didn’t implement it in the first place and then stated his team would be making the appropriate changes in the future.

Stop trying to analyse and then having to try and give your “expert” opinion on the matter about the damage being done bye 1h and 2h weapons.

Topic of this thread has been answered. Thank you Jon.

How about you don’t tell people what to do? If they want to discuss it they can.

in PvP

Posted by: Legacy.7360

Legacy.7360

Because people like YOU, waste so much tears trying to make or prove a point that has already been addressed.

The Gaming Community, THIS gaming community has enough tears to fill up the Atlantic Ocean.

There is a limit: Being constructive then having it addressed by the Devs and Being constructive and still QQ over the issue that already had been addressed/acknowledged.

Wish there was a ignore function on the forums. People like you waste so much time and space.

Guardian <3
Dragon
Platinnum – Zerker Guardian

(edited by Legacy.7360)

in PvP

Feed Me Change.6528

Wish there was a ignore function on the forums. People like you waste so much time and space.

It’s called the Log Out button.

in PvP

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Jonkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneters.5630:

Why not create some Sigils for 2handed weapons ONLY. These of course would be more powerful then 1handed variants. Examples:

Superior Sigil Of Battle(1Hand) : 3 Stacks of Might on Weapon Swap
Superior Sigil Of Battle(2Hand) : 6 Stacks of Might on Weapon Swap

Superior Sigil of Earth(1Hand) : 60% Chance to cause Bleeding
Superior Sigil of Earth(2Hand) : 60% Chance to cause Bleeding (duration increased)

Just some examples.

in PvP

Posted by: jkough.7316

jkough.7316

Since the dev said basically 2 one-handed on a two-handed wouldn’t function. Why isn’t there 2handed specific sigils, that are the same but with compensated effects? Of course not all of them need compensation due to scaling but some do.

And honestly id like to see a few more sigils either way, maby a chance on crit to daze or something.

Pancake Boy

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

How about add a second item like: “Power Gloves.” that can be equipted with the two handed slot that just adds another sigil slot? No stats.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

Why not make an item that can be used in the off-hand slot with two handed items which basicly is just a sigil slot (no stats.)

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I would really like to have sigil of energy and sigil of fire on my mesmer’s GS!!!!

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Two-Handed weapons, especially Greatsword should be less interesting to use, because pretty much everyone and their mother runs around with Greatsword, leaving other weapons behind.

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

Two-Handed weapons, especially Greatsword should be less interesting to use, because pretty much everyone and their mother runs around with Greatsword, leaving other weapons behind.

Maybe if the appearance of the other weapons werent so bland.

The fact that you can’t color shields for example destroys them.

in PvP

Posted by: LastHope.8127

LastHope.8127

And in PvE, 2h should be twice the price of a 1h….

in PvP

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

He didn’t say they would be making any changes in the future, it was more “if we changed the specific functionality in this specific way it would be time consuming and so it’s a low priority. Don’t expect this any time soon.”

People suggesting things that could be easily implemented (like 2h only sigils) in lieu of changing the weapon framework should be commended.

in PvP

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Aren’t 2h weapons aren’t already being balanced with the single sigil in mind?