2v2 Annihilation, Why Not?

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

2v2 Annihilation, best of three.

it’s a game mode asked for by numerous people, in numerous threads. it provides a good alternative to 1v1, which does not work with current balance and class design. it’s a popular requested feature, and would have short queues and it would be easy for players to find teams. the maps would be small, and there needs to be only one. no map mechanics, just a simple arena. from where I sit as a guild wars 2 pvp combat enthusiast it seems a no brainer to add it.

so I ask, why not? are there any reasons anet should not add 2v2 Annihilation?

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Too stronk of idea. More Conquest for you, sir?

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Too stronk of idea. More Conquest for you, sir?

it’s not just conquest anymore, soon we will get the long awaited npc speed kill race.

in PvP

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Haha. Was thinking about making a topic like this because of the other topic.

People have been asking for 2v2/3v3 Annihilation for a long time now. There is also a community that does 15v15/20v20 Annihilation and wants official support. It makes sense to me that TDM should be switched to Annihilation.

Conquest, Annihilation, and Stronghold would be separate queues. When you choose Annihilation, you pick between 2v2 or 3v3. Custom arenas would support up to 20v20.

Add a map with a large open space.

At this point, I don’t think there are too many people who cared about 5v5 TDM that will be upset by the change.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

It doesn’t matter. If they ever do add it, it’ll be all “ArenaNetted” up… Like skyhammer or courtyard with like 100 bounce pads, glass panels, 90% LoS and no flat terrain. and thieves will be able to teleport from the center of the field to a spot that would otherwise take 3 minutes to get to. Its how they do “creative”.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

It doesn’t matter. If they ever do add it, it’ll be all “ArenaNetted” up… Like skyhammer or courtyard with like 100 bounce pads, glass panels, 90% LoS and no flat terrain. and thieves will be able to teleport from the center of the field to a spot that would otherwise take 3 minutes to get to. Its how they do “creative”.

a medium sized ring, with two opposite gates and a few columns (for LOS, to avoid duel lich, duel power ranger etc) is all ya need. a simple space to let the combat shine, with just enough terrain to make it interesting.

it’s not like it’s 20v20 GvG, it’s not that hard to implement.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

a medium sized ring, with two opposite gates and a few columns (for LOS, to avoid duel lich, duel power ranger etc) is all ya need. a simple space to let the combat shine, with just enough terrain to make it interesting.

Of course that’s all it needs. I’m not saying whats practical. I’m saying IF they did it, what they’d do. Then be like “SEE?! Its not even popular!” Whomp…

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Of course that’s all it needs. I’m not saying whats practical. I’m saying IF they did it, what they’d do. Then be like “SEE?! Its not even popular!” Whomp…

maybe Hugh and Co will be a bit more humble when stronghold bombs in the competitive scene. oh, and it will it’s an npc death race- clutch npc kills #npcsports

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

It would attract a lot of wow players so why not do it, specially how awful wow pvp is right now at it’s current state. I don’t get anet’s filosophy of doing things sometimes.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

It would attract a lot of wow players so why not do it, specially how awful wow pvp is right now at it’s current state. I don’t get anet’s filosophy of doing things sometimes.

That’s what I said… They have such a great opportunity AND set up (no need for grinding gear to be competitive)… It blows my mind that its not a priority… I’d flip my kitten if I was a higher up in Anet. Like yeah lets NOT take advantage of this great opportunity by introducing the most basic and popular game mode that requires only a few players to start up!

I can’t even…….. -breath-

in PvP

choovanski.5462

That’s what I said… They have such a great opportunity AND set up (no need for grinding gear to be competitive)… It blows my mind that its not a priority… I’d flip my kitten if I was a higher up in Anet. Like yeah lets NOT take advantage of this great opportunity by introducing the most basic and popular game mode that requires only a few players to start up!

I can’t even…….. -breath-

reminds me of the time they were going to make each commander tag colour 300g.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

they only need to import them guild wars 1 random arena annihilation maps over to guild wars 2 and then it would be awesome.

but no, they never listen to me.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Haha. Was thinking about making a topic like this because of the other topic.

People have been asking for 2v2/3v3 Annihilation for a long time now. There is also a community that does 15v15/20v20 Annihilation and wants official support. It makes sense to me that TDM should be switched to Annihilation.

That other thread got a lot of support via guilds wanting guild stuffs. They’re forgetting that there has been 10x more 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments than GvG ones.

GvG mode that currently has nothing in place. Annihilation TDM already has the map. It just need certain map restart functions to make it work and it’s good to go.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

they only need to import them guild wars 1 random arena annihilation maps over to guild wars 2 and then it would be awesome.

but no, they never listen to me.

aka:

r

aka:

ready