2v2's/3v3's Please..........

in PvP

Posted by: Kushh.4895

Kushh.4895

I know a lot of you want them, so feel free to put your two cents down….if enough people want them, the dev’s wont ignore us!!!!! Cheers!

(edited by Kushh.4895)

in PvP

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

+1 I would love it !

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

in PvP

Posted by: Counterweight.7192

Counterweight.7192

I’d pay for this.

Altered state of consciousness

in PvP

Posted by: Morfex.2789

Morfex.2789

Yeah,PvP needs to be more competitive.I dont see reason why we shouldn’t have it.At the moment PvE ppl got raids and now we need something for pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They’ve stated they see the desire for them and said they have much of the technology, and there are arena maps in the files. They just need to follow through with it now. They have a perfect system for it, and this F2P PvP situation we have will boost the PvP player base. Not to mention it could easily be added to the que option check boxes, without splitting the community.

I just hope it comes sooner rather than later before other MMOs catch on to the no-gear/grind treadmill PvP and ANet loses its edge. I think it could be really fun.

Reference: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Where-is-the-2v2-3v3-competitive-arenas/first

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

Yeah,PvP needs to be more competitive.I dont see reason why we shouldn’t have it.At the moment PvE ppl got raids and now we need something for pvp.

Silly goose! We get the super over hyped pve/pve amalgamation they call strongholds!

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i just want gw1 RA back

don’t care about 2v2 or 4v4 or 5v5, just something to have fast, fun matches w/ short queues.

don’t care about mmr, if the matches are quick enough, it won’t matter, because the awful ones are over in an instant

current set up, a terrible match up still lasts 10 mins, which is agonizing when u know its over 1 min into the fight

in PvP

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

The fact that pve players get their hardcore raids. I think it’s time pvp players get 2v2. I would definitely play more spvp if there is a 2v2 death match.

in PvP

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

I’d want a 2v2 arena. Make it a match where games can have 20 people in it, and it rotates out people once a team loses.

so a lobby of 10/20 people, like a mini round robin tourny. Would be alot of fun, and you’d see alot of crazy builds/combos being tried

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You’d actually need balance to have a 2v2 or 3v3. Right now certain specs are way too broken.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

You’d actually need balance to have a 2v2 or 3v3. Right now certain specs are way too broken.

2v2 and 3v3 should be closer than it is anyways even in conquest and stronghold. Game modes shouldn’t be held back for something that should be done anyways.

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

That’s just going to kill balance. Trying to balance 2v2 arena and 5v5 conquest isn’t going to work well.

Implement it but don’t try to balance around 2v2. Make it like practice mode where it’s just there to good off.

in PvP

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

That’d be amazing, 2v2 and 3v3’s would be epic! It’s something I always want, like in wvw and kitten

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

That’s just going to kill balance. Trying to balance 2v2 arena and 5v5 conquest isn’t going to work well.

Implement it but don’t try to balance around 2v2. Make it like practice mode where it’s just there to good off.

For the most part, is be okay with this. Given time, people find their own balance in smaller scale pvp, it just typically requires a vastly different build than conquest builds. That said, it still wouldn’t hurt if the game had closer (generally speaking) 2v2 or 3v3 balance as a “scenario”, considering that is actually a fairly common fighting ground in conquest, much more than actual 5v5. Just because conquest is technically 5v5 doesn’t mean all of its fights and skirmishes are. Ideally, a closer balance through the scales should always be a goal, even if Balance for 5v5 modes are their main priority, I’d be totally fine with that.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

dats wat i sayd, dont worry aboot balance, jus implement it.

in PvP

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

It’s called Custom Arena Token

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

It’s called Custom Arena Token

It’s called, no, not that. Arenas are meant to be fast, fun and impactful, as a game mode. Custom arenas are subject to trolls, long organization times and absolutely no ties to the reward systems of the game. If you don’t want to play Arenas, that’s great, but that doesn’t mean you can blow it off as a non issue for people who do want it wish such generic responses.

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

This would definitely be a amazing thing for competitive players who don’t like conquest

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in PvP

Kushh.4895

Well, any 2v2 tournament i have been in has had one crucial rule that balanced it very well, and that was you cannot have 2 of the same classes. This takes out double mesmer combo stupidity and double cele ele nonsense

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

This would definitely be a amazing thing for competitive players who don’t like conquest

^^^
This. I’d actually like to fight opponents rather than rotate or hold points to win.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

No, thanks. A team of 3 rangers ( for example ) would have nearly perma CC and long term machine gun dps.

This is a nightmare waiting to happen.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

No, thanks. A team of 3 rangers ( for example ) would have nearly perma CC and long term machine gun dps.

Because that’s an issue in Conquest, too, and couldn’t possibly handled by class-caps.

in PvP

Kushh.4895

did u read what i posted? most tournies make it so u cant have 3 of sameclass, and in 2v2’s u cant use 2 of the same class. problem solved.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I like that better. Still, there would be serious balance issues and you can already do this in custom servers. So creating it wouldn’t provide much that isn’t already there.

Admittedly, you don’t get rewarded for dueling. The next problem becomes; how do you reward such a match? It’s not the same situation or difficulty as a 5v5.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I like that better. Still, there would be serious balance issues and you can already do this in custom servers. So creating it wouldn’t provide much that isn’t already there.

Admittedly, you don’t get rewarded for dueling. The next problem becomes; how do you reward such a match? It’s not the same situation or difficulty as a 5v5.

Suggested in the past, have each “meeting” be a Best out of 3, which lengthens the encounters a bit and gives people time to refine strategies. Then award accordingly. Perhaps a bit less than a standard game, but BoO3 should run a decent time.

Luckily, game modes can just as well have “special rules”, even WoW’s arenas have dampening and anti-stealthing tools over time. Not that those are what GW2 should adopt, but a ban-list (certain skills, like probably Moa) could be there, and a “no two defensive amulets” rule, including Cleric, Settlers, Magi, and Sentinel’s (not brawlers, but actual bunkers that drive infinite fights). Ezpz.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

That sounds rather complex and it would entail a battle over every “balancing” with exclusions and rules. You’re talking about a lot of extra code to check those things.

I suggest to you that organizing such a tournament might work. I’d come give it a try. Disclosure; I am quite fond of [Signet of Humility].

-edit- if you decide to organize a tourney, let me know.. I’ll help if I can.

As to making it a normal mode, I think the idea is a non starter. It doesn’t create something new enough to justify it and it would involve the balance team in a whole new wave of issues.

The Six know that balancing is a big enough problem as it is.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

That sounds rather complex and it would entail a battle over every “balancing” with exclusions and rules. You’re talking about a lot of extra code to check those things.

I suggest to you that organizing such a tournament might work. I’d come give it a try. Disclosure; I am quite fond of [Signet of Humility].

-edit- if you decide to organize a tourney, let me know.. I’ll help if I can.

As to making it a normal mode, I think the idea is a non starter. It doesn’t create something new enough to justify it and it would involve the balance team in a whole new wave of issues.

The Six know that balancing is a big enough problem as it is.

2v2 tournies have been going on for ages and are actually supported by Arena Net themselves, where they supply gems for winners. That’s part of the reason this is so popular… And they have the exact same exclusions, no two of the same class and no double “bunker” builds, 5 minute rounds, best of 3.

in PvP

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

Silly goose! We get the super over hyped pve/pve amalgamation they call strongholds!

silly geese, we also get a different system for something i havent read about!

[SA]

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

@ RonPierce

If that’s the case… I don’t see an issue. You are asking for something that already exists. Illogical.

-edit- Is it possible that ANET sponsors such tournaments because setting them up as an automated part of PvP would be too much of a hassle? I’m being a tad sarcastic, but my point is real.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

@ RonPierce

If that’s the case… I don’t see an issue. You are asking for something that already exists. Illogical.

The point of 2v2/3v3s is that it’s fun and quick to access. Once a week tournies that hold 16 teams is not that. That’s like saying conquest can be removed because, hey, they hold tournies! Did you even consider what you just said? Also only top 2 teams get anything, regardless of time spent.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Again, I think it’s probably a very interesting idea. I also think that it would be difficult and resource consuming to code. It already exists in the system which reduces it’s appeal by quite a bit.

A human run and administered tournament is one thing. Automated competition is quite another.

Fast? well… I strongly suspect that the PvP population is low enough that the system is forced to choose between relatively balanced matches and speed.

I think a 2v2 or 3v3 system would not likely improve that by much. Both options have bad points but ANET seems to have chosen better matchmaking over speed.

I for one think that’s a good choice.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: SnowCow.5914

SnowCow.5914

Wasn’t guild hall arenas the answer to this.

Can’t win team fight’s without me; can’t hold points without me. #BunkerGuardLife
Teszla

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Pew, pe-pe-pe-pe-pe-pew! Knockback!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Kushh.4895

Pew, pe-pe-pe-pe-pe-pew! Knockback!

Once again, this can be solved easily by making it so you can only have 2 of the same class.