3 accounts in the top 250 ( its not luck)

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

People need to stop blaming matchmaking. Im far from being a pro player and I have 3 accounts in the top 250 full solo Q. If you re stuck in some scrub tier division that’s probably where you belong. You just need to be slightly above average to make it. The matchmaking works as intented.

Sometimes I get destroyed aswell or get 4v5s but that happens to everyone, you just need to win more than you lose, stop blaming matchmaking .

If you lose its YOUR fault, You were not able to carry hard enough. That’s about it. Sure some matches are uncarriable but most of them are if you are in a lower division.
If you cannot carry then that’s where you belong. because carrying means being significantly better than everyone in that division.

And btw on this account I had to climb to reach top 250 because the placement matches were a total mess, so I did get unlucky on this account unlike my other 2 but still climbed.

This is not a brag thread I’m literally just slightly above average and still made it solo Q on 3 accounts. for pro players this would be even easier. I believe Magic Toker has 3 or more? accounts in the top 10-20.

Im probably never gonna reach legend and in fine with that. People need to accept that and stop blaming matchmaking.

(edited by Emdrix.6124)

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Being only slightly above average, and making it into the top 250 with 3 different accounts are mutually exclusive.

If you are truly only “slightly better than average” then you will drop out of the top 250 as the season goes on. Otherwise you are not just “slightly above average”

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Hi.

You’re obviously an expert. When the enemy team has 4 players standing at our close and my team runs there one by one after ressing, how do I carry that? Especially since the score from kills alone can’t be beaten by capping other points?

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

:) Are you humble-bragging?

Seriously, though. You have 3 accounts, one of which has 86 games played in 5 days. I don’t think you qualify as average. I would think 20-25 games, total, by now would be average competitive. Your mechanical knowledge is through the roof by now.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

Being only slightly above average, and making it into the top 250 with 3 different accounts are mutually exclusive.

If you are truly only “slightly better than average” then you will drop out of the top 250 as the season goes on. Otherwise you are not just “slightly above average”

Im not saying everyone should be top 250. Im saying that people should be able to climb out of the low divsions if they think they dont belong there.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

…I dunno about you but having three accounts in the top 250 seems like it shouldn’t be something you’re proud of? You’re pushing two people out of the top 250.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

…I dunno about you but having three accounts in the top 250 seems like it shouldn’t be something you’re proud of? You’re pushing two people out of the top 250.

I try to keep my main acccout as high as possible but the other 2 are basically troll accounts, I dont even play meta builds sometimes if I dont feel like try harding on alt accounts. This account is a semi troll account. I try to win most of the time but not always.

My 3rd account is truly a troll account it does not even has heart of thorns and its still top 250. So these 2 might drop out.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Im not saying everyone should be top 250. Im saying that people should be able to climb out of the low divsions if they think they dont belong there.

The point is, we shouldn’t be placed in Bronze or Silver due to bad placement matches caused by dc’s, leavers, trolls, etc. I have friends including myself who have to grind out wins to get to our true position in the leagues. There’s no secondary mechanic (like Overwatch) that determines how much rating we can gain, based on statistics or other players we fight.

Players can win their 10 games and sit at their high rating pool, only needing to play 1 game every 48hrs (is it 48?) to prevent rating decay.

The incredibly inaccurate placement matches shouldn’t exit at all. If those players were so good, let them climb out of the lower division pools like other unlucky players.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Well, I don’t blame matchmaking. I blame the placement matches. They’re inaccurate. If placement matches worked, WHY is there all this mmr fluctuation?

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

Why should someone be forced to hardcarry just to win a match? Isn’t whole purpose of matchmaking to create even matches and not force players to carry potatoes vs better playing (which is the case atm)? Worse part, you lose more points than you gain when you end up in uncarriable match. Somehow matchmaking thinks you should be punished for having afk teammate.

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Just curious. Where are u placed now and where do u think u belong?

Ill start. Im platinum now and think i belong around the top 100.

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Ratings are inaccurate because there has been a MMR soft-reset. It is debateable,whether the reset was a good idea or not, but you can be sure, if there woudn’t have been one, people would just blame the the broken matchmaking of previous seasons (keyword “MMR hell”) for their ratings and it would be even harder to climb up the ladder.

in PvP

Posted by: sexuallegend.2153

sexuallegend.2153

lmao this guys humble bragging about winning on theif. Winning as a thief is easy. I don’t see 3 accounts kid

Shadow, the Legend Myth
(Shadow the Jedi, An Arrogant Samurai, The Legend Myth, One Of The Avengers)
Best Player Episode 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpC1yIGFB0

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

And, you don’t think stuffing the top 250 with accounts is wrong, at all? So basically the Top 250 is really going to be what, Top 50 – 75 players if it keeps getting stuffed with alt accounts?

From my perspective, was doing fine until Thursday when I hit a lose streak wall. A 60% win rate first few days and then instant 30% if I’m lucky. Only played 3 this morning from a starting 4v5, then two losses. Matches shouldn’t start unless everyone is present! Which irks me to no end.

The problem I see with this season is that it’s extremely meta dependent, that’s the luck of the Anet draw. If you don’t like or aren’t that good with a couple of specific builds, you aren’t going to win much. When there’s those of us still running accounts for the back packs, we’re stuck with the Profession achievement. That’s going to force us to play inferior professions and builds if we do not like the Meta. It’s going to force players to abandon this season early. Population is already dropping and queues are increasing rapidly.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

Just curious. Where are u placed now and where do u think u belong?

Ill start. Im platinum now and think i belong around the top 100.

first account ( main acc) got placed really high like top 30 then it dropped to around top 100
2 nd account ( this account) got placed in scrub tier silver, I had to grind my way up
3 rd account( non HoT account) was 5-5 and placed gold

And I think I belong in Plat t2-t3 which is around top 200 I guess.

(edited by Emdrix.6124)

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

1) EU player n° 250 has (right now)1781 mmr, you are 229 in NA with 1746. In Na the competion is like a large hot join but everyone knows this.

2) in EU the true challenge starts when you reach platinum tier 1, in EU if you can go to legendary in solo starting from a lower tier (gold or platinum tier1) you’re doing for sure something really really difficult to do.

I’d like to see some player (eu side) do something similar, reaching legendary in solo from a lower tier, I think you need a w/l very close to 70%+ to accomplish this and in solo this w/l is very remarkable , maybe almost impossible with the actual system but I dunno (it’s like to climb 250 points from 1700, really hard). Repeat, In Solo, Eu side, and from a lower tier like gold/plat 1.

Wanna see this

(edited by Phil.8901)

in PvP

Posted by: Zodi.8932

Zodi.8932

So you have almost the same win/loss ratio as me yet I’m in Silver T3 when im consistently getting top stats. That just shows this system is broken.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

So you have almost the same win/loss ratio as me yet I’m in Silver T3 when im consistently getting top stats. That just shows this system is broken.

Its not about win ratio its about who you win against. Stomping scrubs dosent give any MMR

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Lets say i played vs my 4 year old cousin and his friends who all never played GW2. I win and get lots of top stats.

Now i play vs Denial Esports….i win but get 0 top stats.

So following your theory the game vs my 4 year old cousin and his 3-4 year old friends should reward me equal or even more MMR than playing vs the world champs. I got them top stats overall ye?

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Yeah, but what if you are a scrub and don’t have to face Team PZ during your placement matches? Then you can win a bunch and get a high rating. A good player faces Team PZ players, looses and ends up with low rating. Doesn’t seem fair.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Of course the op is in top 250. All he plays are rev and thief which are the best carrying classes due to high mobility.

Meanwhile the rest of us that don’t play high mobility classes are screwed due to not being able to maintain a presence on all three points and thus have to rely on the pugs being able to win their respective fights. (which due to the law of pugs, they always lose)

I played with in against emdrix on a number of occasions during the unranked season. He knows what he is doing, but I wouldn’t call him a god either. Also has a habit flipping out in a salty rage.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Shadowstep.6049

Of course the op is in top 250. All he plays are rev and thief which are the best carrying classes due to high mobility.

Meanwhile the rest of us that don’t play high mobility classes are screwed due to not being able to maintain a presence on all three points and thus have to rely on the pugs being able to win their respective fights. (which due to the law of pugs, they always lose)

I played with in against emdrix on a number of occasions during the unranked season. He knows what he is doing, but I wouldn’t call him a god either. Also has a habit flipping out in a salty rage.

Roamers are only as good as their team. If team can’t hold even 1 point you are not gonna win anything.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

1) EU player n° 250 has (right now)1781 mmr, you are 229 in NA with 1746. In Na the competion is like a large hot join but everyone knows this.

Higher ratings in the EU don’t mean it’s more competitive. More rating inflation means their is less competition because it means that players are able to climb uncontested.

A player’s rating increases when he isn’t getting matched against better teams. The fact that ratings in EU are climbing faster than in NA points towards the EU players not getting matched against equal opponents on a consistant enough basis to slow their climb.

YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Roamers are only as good as their team. If team can’t hold even 1 point you are not gonna win anything.

But they can carry the +1s.

A lot of times in pugs you end up with situations where the only way to carry your team is to personally +1 every fight. You can’t do that low mobility classes.

As a primarily necro and warrior player I basically have to trust (hope) that the guys on the other nodes can win their fights. I can’t just zip over there and zip back like a thief or rev can.

Also most pugs have trouble dealing with good thieves anyways.

YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

To all the “skilled” players that honestly are tricked by their “skill” rating (read: win rating), why dont u tank your next char’s placement to bronze then lets see you get out of it. Let’s see it happen. It will never happen. None of you will ever carry your way solo out of bronze or silver. So please, stop using stupid bullkitten arguments that you can’t even back up. “Yea eventually you’ll-” dude stop talking lmao. I’ll even prove you wrong. I’ll duel you 1v2 and literally kitten on you entirely and then let’s see what you have to say? oh man I really hope some one takes me up on this offer. mainly the copy pasted OP

Started in Silver 1 (50 points above Bronze 3), now I’m almost gold 3. Most games played on necro, exclusively soloQ until gold and even then mostly solo. Your point?

Maybe you should roll thief since according to yourself it’s so easy to carry yourself up with that particular class, so why are you complaining?

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Yeah, but what if you are a scrub and don’t have to face Team PZ during your placement matches? Then you can win a bunch and get a high rating. A good player faces Team PZ players, looses and ends up with low rating. Doesn’t seem fair.

Day 1 and 2 had plenty of PZ tags in my matches, was annoying to see Primordial Legend floating around everywhere. Those matches were far better than the past two days. Seems if you hit any sort of lose streak, match making will punish you right into the dirt.

Seems Anet’s math is:
Tier Maches: (low MMR group) vs (high MMR group) = lulz

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Shadowstep.6049

A lot of times in pugs you end up with situations where the only way to carry your team is to personally +1 every fight. You can’t do that low mobility classes.

You should have seen my games. I had matches today where people lost 4v2 -_- You can’t carry that. Worst part, if i lose vs high rated players (300 pts ahead of me) i lose a lot, if i win vs them i barely gain anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

You should have seen my games. I had matches today where people lost 4v2 -_- You can’t carry that. Worst part, if i lose vs high rated players (300 pts ahead of me) i lose a lot, if i win vs them i barely gain anything.

This is whats stupid, loosing to higher rank players should not make us loose more points. We should lose less against them and they more against lower tier ones. and vice versa on winning against them, more points for low ranks and more points lost for them.

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

very pretentious claim to make imo. i have 2 accounts in plat myself (just somewhat slightly outside of top 250 with ~1740 and ~1690) and one in bronze at 930.
you can carry 3 thieves that backstab and die vs 4 trapper dh only if you can cap and hold two points at once 1v3. leavers, afkers and so on don’t make the job easier. that’s why placement is a dice roll.
also i’m sure i can easily get my bronze account at least into high gold within a week. however, why should i play all those horrid games when i can use one of my smurfs to play decent matches?
i’m not unhappy tho. my bronze account is my pve account anyway, which should make it easier to farm pips.

in PvP

Posted by: Heapheaus.5238

Heapheaus.5238

@OP
Toker has 4 accounts in the top 25. (was top 10 for a while)
7,8,9,10. See attached screenshot.

Attachments:

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

@OP
Toker has 4 accounts in the top 25. (was top 10 for a while)
7,8,9,10. See attached screenshot.

Toker is a beast. Not surprised lol. Apparently he has 5 accounts someone told me. I thought it was only 3

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I have to agree with the OP. There is no reason to blame teammates for a loss- there is nothing you can do about how they play. What you can change though is the way YOU play and if you play well enough, you will win more often than not. Do you ever see pro league players like Helseth and sindrener going on huge loss streaks? No, because they play their classes to the very highest level. It just shows that with enough skill, almost any game can be carried.

Every time I lose I only look for mistakes I made and only blame myself for it. If my teammates die instantly, it is MY fault for not supporting them. I believe if everyone thought this way, pvp would be a much more pleasant environment for all to play in because there would never be people angry at each other.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Locuz.2651

There is no such thing as unlucky players. I played with and vs a handfull of the ppl who claim in these very threads that they are unlucky…..and they all where beyond horrible.

in PvP

zaced.7948

Do you ever see pro league players like Helseth and sindrener going on huge loss streaks?

No, because they have high enough initial mmr to not be matched with complete potatoes. skill is a factor, yet. do you think helseth or sind can carry a match where one dude left, another one is afk at spawn while raging and you’re 3v5 with a hammer/staff guardian and a vanilla zerk ranger that only autoattacks and #5s?
if one of them can, i will worship him as god of guildwars forever.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

Do you ever see pro league players like Helseth and sindrener going on huge loss streaks?

No, because they have high enough initial mmr to not be matched with complete potatoes. skill is a factor, yet. do you think helseth or sind can carry a match where one dude left, another one is afk at spawn while raging and you’re 3v5 with a hammer/staff guardian and a vanilla zerk ranger that only autoattacks and #5s?

He already did that on stream. He paired up with amber players in some previous season and carried a complete trash tier MMR game with ease where everyone was just plain bad and he could win 1v3s

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

There is no such thing as unlucky players. I played with and vs a handfull of the ppl who claim in these very threads that they are unlucky…..and they all where beyond horrible.

800k healing – 240k dmg…the enemy has 2 dh+2 eles and mesmer with portal, I win all my 2vs2,…accordingly to you I should do that much points in dmg…plus decap..and win 1vs1 for others.

One thing that strike me how pretentious are the players “who manage” to reach top 250,

On top of awful balance, there is an awful matchmaking, you get players who refuse to reroll, stacked heavy vs stacked lights, other than swap to ele and try to support the team ( who refuse to reroll )…there is nothing else I can do.

I could swap to druid and roam/support..but then they’d lose teamfights even quicker…I could use a dh or war, I’d kill my targets most likely..but my team would end up ressing them in no time by dieing themselves..I can win my sides fights and decap..my team would lose everywhere else.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

800k healing – 240k dmg…the enemy has 2 dh+2 eles and mesmer with portal, I win all my 2vs2,…accordingly to you I should do that much points in dmg…plus decap..and win 1vs1 for others.

One thing that strike me how pretentious are the players “who manage” to reach top 250,

On top of awful balance, there is an awful matchmaking, you get players who refuse to reroll, stacked heavy vs stacked lights, other than swap to ele and try to support the team ( who refuse to reroll )…there is nothing else I can do.

I could swap to druid and roam/support..but then they’d lose teamfights even quicker…I could use a dh or war, I’d kill my targets most likely..but my team would end up ressing them in no time by dieing themselves..I can win my sides fights and decap..my team would lose everywhere else.

Don’t play support in bronze tier, those guys can’t do anything you need to play either a bruiser for 1v2/3s or something that can kill a lot of people quickly (especially those that don’t dodge).

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Crowley.8761

Hi.

You’re obviously an expert. When the enemy team has 4 players standing at our close and my team runs there one by one after ressing, how do I carry that? Especially since the score from kills alone can’t be beaten by capping other points?

Still waiting for an expert answer to this. Considering every game can be carried, there are no bad teammates at any rating, losing is always your own fault etc

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Still waiting for an expert answer to this. Considering every game can be carried, there are no bad teammates at any rating, losing is always your own fault etc

You dont seem to get it do you?

Ofcourse there are bad teammates. But they end up on both teams. If u get unlucky with your teammates 1 game, you get lucky the next.

That means that in the long run the only differentiating factor in your series of rated games is…you.

Add to that that there are players (like Drazeh for example) who started at 1500 after placement and ended up above 2000 1 day later.

in PvP

zaced.7948

He already did that on stream. He paired up with amber players in some previous season and carried a complete trash tier MMR game with ease where everyone was just plain bad and he could win 1v3s

that’s not what i’m talking about. i can also win 1v3s, definitely not as regular and not against any mix of 3 classes but every now and then it happens. i’m talking about 2 people from your team not participating in the match AT ALL. and i’ve seen the videos, he was using them as proxies, telling them what to do when they made extreme mistakes. i wonder how they would have fared left on their own.

Also, please keep in mind that i’m not saying that people can’t get where they belong. All i’m saying is that if you get unlucky you will have to put in a lot more work into getting where you belong.
my suggestion is to stretch out placement over more matches to somewhat dilute the factor of luck. 20-25 matches, perhaps even 30 should be enough for only the (un)luckiest people get placed far from where they belong. not exactly where they belong, but somewhat in the neighborhood.

(edited by zaced.7948)

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Ofcourse there are bad teammates. But they end up on both teams. If u get unlucky with your teammates 1 game, you get lucky the next.

That means that in the long run the only differentiating factor in your series of rated games is…you.

Add to that that there are players (like Drazeh for example) who started at 1500 after placement and ended up above 2000 1 day later.

Are you sure that you get lucky next match?

Luck indeed! Be careful …your hypocrisy is slipping through the words

in PvP

Crowley.8761

Uhm no it doesn’t. By your logic it’s only wintrading which means you stay at the same spot.

So the only difference is…me? Great! Please teach me how to carry in the following situations:

1. You hold mid and close, 1 enemy goes to your close, 1v1s the guy deffing it and then 3 guys leave mid to deal with him and all 3 stand on the point waiting for capture. Meanwhile you’ve gotten kittened trying to hold mid, even though you survived for 30 seconds against 4 people, you died. How do I carry this?

2. Your team loses the first teamfight and then run to mid 1 by 1. How do I carry this?

3. Your teammates are unable to 2v1 the enemy team. How do I carry this?

4. The situation I already described, your teammates ignore all other points and rush into 4 enemies standing at your close one at a time. How do I carry this?

5. Your teammates will happily ignore point capture to chase kills and will even stand outside the cap zone autoattacking a downed player. How do I carry this?

6. Enemy team has 3+ DH that instagib your teammates. How do I carry this?

7. Your team has 3 power warriors. How do I carry this?

8. People spread out to 2 far, 2 mid and 1 close. You lose the first teamfight 2v4 and the enemies then rotate to their close and take out the people there. 2 people get angry and go afk. How do I carry this?

9. Your teammates get soloed by Svanir. How do I carry this?

10. Two teammates are constantly trying to rob treb from each other and that’s all they do all game. How do I carry this?

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Luck based system and taking advantage of duo q all people do that in the top. I bet none of them are full solo ( maybe they do solo q after they duo’d their way to a division where they dont get terrible bad teammates that dont even know how to pvp about 50% of the matches ) as other “noname” players that are good could take their spots in leaderboards and it could hurt some/not all well known players ego if there arent some cheap easy way to take advantage to be on top leaderboards.

Still no rating on players own skill its just some random number farmed with taking advatage of duo group till a division level where you don’t meet terrible bad players anymore even when you solo q.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

So you think, matchmaking has always been completely luck based? Why didn’t you complain earlier?

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

Ofc its luck based as you play ranked games with pug players. So if you get a pug team that don’t know what is teamplay die all the time alone or never help teammates, never defend cap points there is no way you win that match. If you get players that know how to teamplay and help teammates there is a high chance you will win that game.

This happening because the matches and players pvp skill and teamplay ability is not similar even if they have same rating as enemy some of them still don’t know what is teamplay while enemy knows or how to defend nodes, or they die every 1v1 or die mid in 2-3 sec and keep running back and feeding them while i have to go as an 1 man army because they keep doing it like deathmatch keep doing useless fights/ useless mid fights that full tanky and probably don’t ever gona die keep doing what doesn’t work.

Sometimes i get peoples that good at teamplay and i win all those matches, sometimes they don’t even know what is teamplay and help teammates and i lose all those matches.

Duo q with skilled player = more luck to you.

It’s that easy.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

But why would the system put all the bad players in the same team and all the good in the other for hundreds and thousands of games? I mean, according to you, the system can’t even know who is good and who is bad. You are basically saying, matchmaking doesn’t exist and never existed, because it is all rng. But if its all rng, it will be the same for all players in the long run. Because rng doesn’t give any advantages or disadvantages to anybody.

You shouldn’t just look at a single game – because then you are right. But the system doesn’t look at a single game – it looks at all of your games (even those that were played pre season – to a lesser extent though). And if you look at all of your game, there will be one thing that is not rng – you.

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

forum bug ………

in PvP

Crowley.8761

But why would the system put all the bad players in the same team and all the good in the other for hundreds and thousands of games? I mean, according to you, the system can’t even know who is good and who is bad. You are basically saying, matchmaking doesn’t exist and never existed, because it is all rng. But if its all rng, it will be the same for all players in the long run. Because rng doesn’t give any advantages or disadvantages to anybody.

The system can’t judge who is good and who is bad, it’s not designed for that. It’s designed to judge am entire team so it would work great for full premades, but for individuals it is crap.

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

It really works like this sometimes i get a pug team i can teamplay with and win or atleast have a good balanced match. Have teamplay, have focus etc.

While other games i don’t have any teamplay feeling like im playing with newbies in the same rating. 0 teamplay, 0 focus, 0 damage, die in 3-4sec.

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

You shouldn’t just look at a single game – because then you are right. But the system doesn’t look at a single game – it looks at all of your games (even those that were played pre season – to a lesser extent though). And if you look at all of your game, there will be one thing that is not rng – you. The rng part is the same for all players (if we assume, full soloQ – premades can have an advantage of course) – so it is your part, that makes the difference and thats how the system calculates your rating.