3 eles 1 shatter mesmer and an HGH engi

in PvP

Posted by: Kline.9561

Kline.9561

AOE in this game needs serious addressing as soon as possible

when your up against a team that has a Mesmer shattering on top of 3 dragon tooths and an engi getting 24 stacks of might and nearly one shotting people by stacking on them with grenades then something is seriously wrong here

given we did not get completely smashed
all it really amounted up to was class stacking

is this the meta? can people consider this balanced? whats the counter?

i sure hope not because id really like it if i was allowed to play the class i want in pvp .not the ones that are flavor of the month

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

Well if they depend on their AOEs just avoid confronting them when they’re all at the same spot and cap other points, spread out more. You saying that you did not get completely smacked already hints to the fact that they may have some weakness in that composition. But yeah, Eles do need some nerf, which I think they’ll get.

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

spread out more.

I think you missed the part where he said that it was 3 elementalists… its not like they don’t have insane mobility and 3 stunbreakers… Oh right, the mesmer also probably had portal too so… how does spreading out more helps against this amount of mobility?

I just fought top 50 rank in ladder premades with 4 elementalists and 1 guardian.. earlier this week i saw many groups top 50 or so normally running 3 elementalists…

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

AoE needs to be nerfed. The devs don’t really have the guts to do it though they mentioned it was a problem and then did nothing. That is usually there response to any imbalance to do nothing.

in PvP

Posted by: Jknifer.6803

Jknifer.6803

I’ve been doing a lot of tourneys lately and the only real difference between the “top” teams and the rest of us is the top teams use and abuse cheesy FOTM classes and builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

FotM implies it changes every month

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I want to know when warriors will become FotM xD

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Change the game format and the classes will change. Dragon Tooth is garbage when targets can actually move freely without fear of losing the game because they didn’t stand on a small point where aoe can be funneled.

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

I’ve been doing a lot of tourneys lately and the only real difference between the “top” teams and the rest of us is the top teams use and abuse cheesy FOTM classes and builds.

Well said!

Edit:
On-topic:
Basically everything that can spam AoE endlessy is good in PvP atm, and as already said this is due to the gamemode design. The only point where this is not the case is “Graveyard” in Legacy. Even though AoE is still insanely good, you will have more mobility to avoid it.
In PvP AoE seriously needs a nerf soon. The most viable builds all have AoE spamming in common, and it will always remain like that unless something is done.

Trap-Rangers
Eles
Mark/Well (Fear) Necros
HGH Nade Engis
Shatter/Confusion Mesmers

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

(edited by KrisHQ.4719)

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

he said that it was 3 elementalists… its not like they don’t have insane mobility and 3 stunbreakers…

ye because only ele can have 3 stunbreakers… oh wait… any prof can…

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

he said that it was 3 elementalists… its not like they don’t have insane mobility and 3 stunbreakers…

Warriors also have many ways to remove conditions.

See why your post is dumb now?

in PvP

Kline.9561

and it really does look at HGH starting to appear more and more after ostreg-eggz posted his build

boon hate in not out yet so whats the counter to this?

ive even fought a team with 2 HGH engis and 2 bunker guardians constantly rotating points and due to the buffs on HGH the engis became a real problem

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

in PvP

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Here is a fix the devs should use. Instead of making an AOE affect 5 people, it should only affect 1.

On a more serious note, I think that they should remove the 5 cap and instead have a different cap – like a person cannot be affected by more than 2-3 AOEs at any given time (i.e. should be immune to the 4th, 5th depending on which is the more balanced version).

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

I want to know when warriors will become FotM xD

They already were in beta weekends, so you are late for that : )

in PvP

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

Just wondering, but you guys do know if everything keeps getting nerfed, a lot of things would be a hell of a lot less fun in the future? I am already noting how much weaker i feel in PvP than in PvE, and this only serves to discourage more people from joining PvP. Why don’t we take the brawl – approach and make everything equal, but equally strong, not weak?

Also in regard to AoEs, perhaps a separate balancing can be done in PvP to PvE and WvW. It is fine in WvW and PvE right now, so that should not be touched too much.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

in PvP

MaXi.3642

Warriors also have many ways to remove conditions.

See why your post is dumb now?

stun breakers doesnt remove condition, grand master water trait does… see how s****d your post is?

PS:
Quick Breathing – warhorn skills convert 1 condi into boon and -20% cd (2 skills, 16sec cd)
Shrug It Off – when you have more then 1 condi, it stun breaks you and cure 1 condi (20sec cd)
you can add Vigorou Shouts so shouts heal you, then Shrug It Off will heal you too…
you can add Shake It Off as utility, so its another stun break, condi cure and heal from Vigorous Shouts…

none cares that other traits or skills does higher dmg, ele must spend traits into healing line too and he lose some dmg (the fact that eles dmg lines are useless so all eles go healing line is another story)… its something for something else… how about trying to do the same? take valk amulet, spend traits into healing line and maybe you will last longer as ele do…

PPS: im not pro and i dont play warrior in pvp, but tell me whats wrong with e.g. this build, good sustain, high hp, very high toughness, some healing, many condi cures, more then 1/3 of time fury up, seems worth trying to me… and feel free to change sigils and runes or anything if you want…
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQRBHPlG2IoTybzjLETcgwUoInHJZ8kP9gMsJNA;TwAA0Cvouycl4K7VurkXtIYUwmgZBA

PPPS: try to compare cooldowns and numbers of condi cures of this warrior build and ele cantrip build, i dont wanna calculate now, have another work i hope you will, im curious

(edited by MaXi.3642)

in PvP

Jzaku.9765

PPS: im not pro and i dont play warrior in pvp, but tell me whats wrong with e.g. this build, good sustain, high hp, very high toughness, some healing, many condi cures, more then 1/3 of time fury up, seems worth trying to me… and feel free to change sigils and runes or anything if you want…
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQRBHPlG2IoTybzjLETcgwUoInHJZ8kP9gMsJNA;TwAA0Cvouycl4K7VurkXtIYUwmgZBA

PPPS: try to compare cooldowns and numbers of condi cures of this warrior build and ele cantrip build, i dont wanna calculate now, have another work i hope you will, im curious

I’ll try

>Actually using OH axe, the worst weapon to exist
>Deep Cuts adding 50% duration to random as hell bleeds you’re not even spec’d for
>Traiting for Furious Speed when you already have 100% swiftness uptime from Signet of Rage and Warhorn
>Actually putting 30 points into Arms for Furious
>Not having at least 15 into Discipline for Fast Hands (this is a sin)
>Actually using warrior runes
>Shouts heal – 2 Shouts

That’s not high toughness, that’s middling toughness since you didn’t spec into the Defense tree at all.
I’m not seeing this “good sustain” nonsense, have you even played warrior before? Toughness and HP aren’t “sustain”. Your shouts are going to heal you for an approximate of 2.5k, that’s 5k healing every ~25s since you don’t have Lung Capacity, that’s absolutely terrible. And what’s left, Endure Pain? I’ll admit that’s the only thing warriors have remotely close to a get out of jail free card but it’s on a 90s cooldown, good luck having that protect you when you don’t even have Defy Pain as well.

“Many condi cures” I just, what. You have 3 SINGLE condition cleansers on ~25s cooldowns and your untraited heal, congrats, you can SORT OF (not really) feebly cancel out the condition damage of warriors and thieves. Good luck doing anything to a necro or engineer. In case you don’t play Ele as well one rotation into their water attunement completely outclasses your “Many condi cures” already.

To even draw a comparison to what a cantrip ele can do stunbreaking+cleansing wise with warrior…. wait you can’t. Both sides are almost mutually exclusive seeing as warrior’s stunbreaks are stances+1 shout while you need soldier runed 3x shouts to even try to compare with an Ele’s condition cleansing.

TL;DR you have no idea what you’re talking about yet still exhale nonsense out of your load gaper.

in PvP

MaXi.3642

well, my fault, i combined two builds and did some mistakes, i was trying to make condi build at first and then changed it to power build and forgot to change some traits

anyway, half of what you say is irelevant or not true

condi cures as an example…
2x 16sec CD skills on warhorn removes condi
heal on 25sec CD removes 2 condi
utility on 25sec CD removes 1 condi (from alies too)
if you change shout heals to Shrug It Off you get another 20sec CD condi cure and makes boon

ele got… (you obviously dont play ele)
water skill 40sec CD removes 1 condi (talking about X/D obv)
if 30 water trait and another 10 water trait then utilities 90/50/45 CD (-20% if another trait) removes 1/4/1
if 10 arcane trait then water swap 1 condi cure (with weird CD)

if i try to compare it, ele can remove +- 7 or 8 conditions in 40sec, warrior can remove +- 10 conditions in 50sec, seems comparable to me

(edited by MaXi.3642)

in PvP

Jzaku.9765

well, my fault, i combined two builds and did some mistakes, i was trying to make condi build at first and then changed it to power build and forgot to change some traits

anyway, half of what you say is irelevant or not true

condi cures as an example…
2x 16sec CD skills on warhorn removes condi
heal on 25sec CD removes 2 condi
utility on 25sec CD removes 1 condi (from alies too)
if you change shout heals to Shrug It Off you get another 20sec CD condi cure and makes boon

ele got…
water skill 40sec CD removes 1 condi
if 30 water trait and another 10 water trait then utilities 90/50/45 CD (-20% if another trait) removes 1/4/1
if 10 arcane trait then water swap 1 condi cure (with weird CD)

if i try to compare it, ele can remove +- 7 or 8 conditions in 40sec, warrior can remove +- 10 conditions in 50sec, seems comparable to me

Congrats, once again you have listed at me almost every way warrior has to remove conditions while ele has a large portion of condition cleansing built into it’s mechanics, and passively traited rather than actively with healing and utility skills. What are on your utility bars compared to your example warrior’s? fury+might, remove 1 condition + stunbreak, Take 0 damage from direct attacks for 5s…. vs complete Invulnerability for 3s, Teleportation, Stability+Protection for 6s. All of which stunbreak, all of which grant regeneration and vigor.

And what happened to your great sustain in your warrior build? You still had the half-hearted pathetic excuse for “sustain” when you were specced for healing shouts but now that you’re saying to change it into Shrug it Off where is that coming from? Grats, your weak healing from mending heals maybe 10% more every 25s with all that healing power you’ve got (a whole 284!)

in PvP

MaXi.3642

you think that stun break on 25sec CD which removes condition from you and all alies in range is bad? i must be living in another space then you…

difference is that all eles stun breaks are considered cantrips so if you boost cantrips, you take them all and cant take something else (i dont say that other utilities are as good as cantrips, maybe even poor or useless), warrior have 1 stunbreak in more categories, so he obviously cant get 3 stunbreaks with synergy like ele, but he can make synergy from something else, e.g. make a build which have more then just defensive utilities, thats what ele cant…

PS: ele 10k base hp, warr 18k base hp… just an information…

in PvP

Jzaku.9765

you think that stun break on 25sec CD which removes condition from you and all alies in range is bad? i must be living in another space then you…

difference is that all eles stun breaks are considered cantrips so if you boost cantrips, you take them all and cant take something else (i dont say that other utilities are as good as cantrips, maybe even poor or useless), warrior have 1 stunbreak in more categories, so he obviously cant get 3 stunbreaks with synergy like ele, but he can make synergy from something else, e.g. make a build which have more then just defensive utilities, thats what ele cant…

PS: ele 10k base hp, warr 18k base hp… just an information…

Great grasping at straws and replying to less and less of my posts because you can’t refute the points

I never said SIO was bad
The fact that ele has so much synergy is what makes them OP, I can’t believe I have to actually state this to you since you seem to think it’s a negative. Let’s draw a parallel to warrior, whose 3x shout build can cleanse conditions and minor heal.
>1 Stunbreak
>No mobility
>No “get out of jail free” card
>No access whatsoever to protection/regen/vigor/invulnerability/stability/teleportation

PS: Everyone knows that eles have the lowest HP. Everyone who actually has Knowledge knows that this doesn’t matter at all. Next you’re going to try pointing out armour difference like that also mattered!

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

Anet said they were working to address AoE during the SoTG like 2 months ago, so yea, we will probably see those changes around august

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

fotm is a term coined where developers actually changed things on a monthly basis, ANet is one of the slowest dev teams ever though, but the term is still used the same way.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

MaXi.3642

The fact that ele has so much synergy is what makes them OP, I can’t believe I have to actually state this to you since you seem to think it’s a negative.

i never said its negative, i mean it makes 1 build over the top and other builds useless we need to make traits less profit cantrips and more profit other aspects of ele, so cantrips are not OP and everything else almost useless, or at least change some cantrips to be something else then a stun breaker or … i dont know there is a reason why all eles play some water/arcane build, other lines are mainly terrible, maybe except aura/signet build… i hope you will agree with this at least

(edited by MaXi.3642)

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Guys, they nerfed AOE…quickness

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Kline.9561

Anet said they were working to address AoE during the SoTG like 2 months ago, so yea, we will probably see those changes around august

that’s what happens when your a team of three guys in a company of hundreds working on one thing pve…

seriously though sharp is never going to get the recources he needs from his company to fix pvp until he finds a way to make pvp more profitable

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

If you don’t like HGH engy play a immune to conditions under 25% with elixir S to turn conditions into boons.

Also when people ranged attack and AOE you, it only works when your defending a node, if your attacking a node it wont have any effect because they cant create distance or you just wait for the AOE to end.

This post seems like a whiny thread about people who play bunker or defend nodes and getting wooped doing so.

in PvP

Kline.9561

If you don’t like HGH engy play a immune to conditions under 25% with elixir S to turn conditions into boons.

Also when people ranged attack and AOE you, it only works when your defending a node, if your attacking a node it wont have any effect because they cant create distance or you just wait for the AOE to end.

This post seems like a whiny thread about people who play bunker or defend nodes and getting wooped doing so.

we did not have a bunker in our team

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Guys, they nerfed AOE…quickness

Yeah best ele’s balance patch ever…..