3 sec "behind you back" CD needs to go

in PvP

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

We have an LoS notice, why do we still have to deal with the annoying 3-second skill cooldown whenever you’re about to cast skills and the enemies go behind your back? It’s so annoying and crippling the fight heavily. It also greatly hampers ranged classes especially the ones with single target casting like necro’s scepter, mes’s scepter etc.

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

i kinda like it although i am affected by it several times a match. it brings another layer of gameplay into fights. i hate it to miss rifle #4 on my engineer in a crucial moment but then again that person just outplayed me by positioning him-/herself behind me in that short moment to prevent me from doing was i’m about to do.

in PvP

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

i kinda like it although i am affected by it several times a match. it brings another layer of gameplay into fights. i hate it to miss rifle #4 on my engineer in a crucial moment but then again that person just outplayed me by positioning him-/herself behind me in that short moment to prevent me from doing was i’m about to do.

That’s not outplaying. That’s pure mechanic advantage. A thief can spam AA and troll you around in circle while you have to constantly deal with this 3sec CD. If you run behind its back and the thief misses its melee, it wouldn’t suffer from anything. It makes the game super skewed and it makes no sense.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Release your camera and movement control and your character will be able to adjust his/her skill cast direction properly.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Release your camera and movement control and your character will be able to adjust his/her skill cast direction properly.

This doesn’t work with many skills in the game such as rifle warrior or pistol engineer.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

That’s not outplaying. That’s pure mechanic advantage. A thief can spam AA and troll you around in circle while you have to constantly deal with this 3sec CD. If you run behind its back and the thief misses its melee, it wouldn’t suffer from anything. It makes the game super skewed and it makes no sense.

It is actually. Its a matter of smart gameplay that can be avoided/predicted by yourself. Image: You are casting a skill and you get interrupted, skill is not casted but still gets cooldown. Is that mechanic adventage? No: its smart gameplay.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

a ranged thief will miss his attack if you run behind his back. it’s a disadvantage of ranged skills. that’s fine. it’s absolutely a l2p issue. with time i learned how to anticipate my opponents movement and how to turn the camera accordingly and i miss a lot less ranged skills now.

in PvP

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

That’s not outplaying. That’s pure mechanic advantage.

That’s outplaying. He’s using mechanics to his advantage.

The mechanic is to blame. 3s skill cooldown for someone circle strafing you is ridiculous.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

a ranged thief will miss his attack if you run behind his back. it’s a disadvantage of ranged skills. that’s fine. it’s absolutely a l2p issue. with time i learned how to anticipate my opponents movement and how to turn the camera accordingly and i miss a lot less ranged skills now.

It is a learn to play issue, except for certain skills. like Magnetic Grasp, this skill just absolutely hate to hit anything unless they are in a straight like in front of you and on the same Z axis level. Even when it does hit, the wiki says you have 6 seconds to activate it again to launch yourself at your foe, which is a total lie, the CD can be whatever it kitten well pleases. One hit it’s 6 seconds, the next it’s 2.

Magnetic Grasp is so bad, I remember in the old Lions Arch with the target dummies. If I stood on the wall and used it, it will ALWAYS miss. I was 2 feet off the ground and it will NEVER hit.

This is unbelievably jarring, as engineers can throw grenades directly behind them while running away like NBA all-stars and ranger axe throws are incredibly forgiving.

Lets not forget Fire Grab, the Cone is impossible to tell on larger characters like Charr, Norns, Humans, Sylvari. It also follows the target when it wants too, lovely.

EEEEESPPPPURTS.

ArenaNet REALLY needs to look at the way some skills behave. I just love it when a skill functions is entirely dependent on if it wishes to work.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

actually thieves are affected by it as well

i had it happen to shadowshot (i get ported to enemy but spell actually doesn’t affect them because they turned around but eats ini anyway) consistently