4 Bunker 1 DPS (Mes) - I don't know how to counter this.

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Hi.

I spend alot of time in tPvP and came across a very well put together team running:

2 Bunker Guard
1 Bunker Engy
1 Bunker Ele
1 DPS Mes

Map: Foefire

Engy/Ele on GY
Mes Roaming (portal to watch primary point)
Guard/Guard Bunker on our Primary point.

Either
A) We couldn’t get the bunkers off our point and they’d eventually decap.
Or
B) We would swap target to a diff point and their Mesmer would reinforce with Bunkers porting in.

Really have no idea what comp would beat that.

Thoughts?

Edit:

Forgot to mention they portaled into our Lord, killed him in under 10 seconds and Ported back.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

The rule of thumb when fighting very tanky teams is to never let them get control of a point since it is so hard to get them off of it.

If this team is getting kills against your team then you and your team is doing something very wrong. Maintaining poison on whoever is the focus target is also necessary.

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Tried all three of those with consistent target swaps. It worked once ina while but they would just book it and kite with stability.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Benzos.4396

Benzos.4396

Hey! That was us! :p

in PvP

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

I don’t want to fight against that team, that I know for sure..

in PvP

Posted by: Ace of Spades.6325

Ace of Spades.6325

It’s a pretty bad comb, just play a standard comp with some condi dmg, like: Ranger, Necro, Eng, Guardian, thief.

Master of Disaster, team Super Squad
http://www.youtube.com/user/iamgrunt100?feature=mhee

in PvP

Posted by: Dom.1034

Dom.1034

Condition team wouldn’t stop that setup. Two guardians, a staff ele, and a mesmer? Condition clearing out the wazoo.

in PvP

Posted by: Guldur.6502

Guldur.6502

Zerg one of the points, one bunker shouldnt be able to hold it. Once its yours, they should not pack enough power to reclaim it.

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

would like to know any advice at this too.

Conditions – can work sometimes but there is a lot of cond removal too.
Capping and dont let recap? thats not working they do have enough knocback and wards to make sure they at least neutralize and later on cap.
dont die? that could be probably done but how do you cap the point then?
Zerg point? How? any decent team is checking your movement they wont be suprised for any long and if yes, they still have portal and two other points.
even worst situation.. how do you manage if they play a safe game with only 2 points? guarantee them points advantage and portal always up in between these points?

so how to counter it?

in PvP

Posted by: Griffon.4716

Griffon.4716

Doesn’t matter how much condition removal you think they have, you can almost always beat them with conditions. Get a necro with corrupt boons that can play well and bunker guardians melt. 2 guard has no mobility, and if they only have a mesmer camping their point you should be able to take that pretty easily, even if ele or engi reinforces, then you just push mid. Ignore your point and they are wasting 2 guards and its a 3v5.

in PvP

Posted by: shalmont.2539

shalmont.2539

^agree with the above fella, zerging them seems the only way to do it, though you say that they have a mesmer porting them around, you should be able to get mid and then get back to your closest before they do and at least hold it long enough to get you more points

in PvP

Posted by: UptheIronz.6732

UptheIronz.6732

it wont do anything they will keep resurecting eachother , the game is turning into bunker builds festival , and it’s broken , let’s wait for the patch to nerf guardians tank ele and engi bunker atm u can;t do anything

in PvP

Posted by: UptheIronz.6732

UptheIronz.6732

Doesn’t matter how much condition removal you think they have, you can almost always beat them with conditions. Get a necro with corrupt boons that can play well and bunker guardians melt. 2 guard has no mobility, and if they only have a mesmer camping their point you should be able to take that pretty easily, even if ele or engi reinforces, then you just push mid. Ignore your point and they are wasting 2 guards and its a 3v5.

to reply to u this is not how it’s played , the logic is very simple they camp 2 point and never goes to the third , for example gy and quary 2 of them has mobility so they keep moving between the 2 points and everyone knows by now 1 bunker guardian can hold 2 player for a quiet a while ( that’s where the unbalance is ) , all those bunker builds needs a huge look at

in PvP

Posted by: Daays.4317

Daays.4317

If they’re taking your close point on Foefire, take their farside. From the sound of it they wanna play 2-2 with the mesmer supporting. So it’s free.

Constantly keep mid contested. Do not let them cap it. A bunker ele/engineer won’t be putting out enough damage and you can keep 5 people there all game because their team wants to play an offensive bunker strat and probably won’t ever send someone to recap their close point.

Always kill the Mesmer when he comes in. He’s the only DPS.

If you do this, then you’re setup for a Lord kill, like they set themselves up for one. Your thief can easily solo their lord whenever he feels like it and they can’t contest you (if you have a thief). Your team needs to watch for the mesmer port and kill (probably coming at the 375 mark).

So I’d suggest taking a lord kill early to secure your points, give you the lead, and so you can pull all 5 back when needed. Also, if you take the early lord kill, you can dedicate your thief to following their mesmer around all game.

in PvP

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

Just ran into a variant of this. Three guardians, engineer, thief on Foefire. They basically did the same thing, and couldn’t put out enough damage to kill me on my Ele, but they had enough knockbacks that after I kept the GY contested for 5~ minutes they finally capped it. Once that was done, even with all but one member of my team there, the only person we could kill reliably was the Thief. When we’d manage to down a Guardian, Shadow Refuge, knockback bubbles, whatever they could do and they would get him back up. Mist Form stomping is pretty much useless with Shadow Refuge.

Says something about balance when 4/5 members of a team are bunkers.

Oh, and despite my 2800 armor I got crit for 10k by Backstab, 4k by Steal, 4k by C&D.