4 DHs+ per game ( top 200 rating, pic)

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

The higher I climb the ladder, the more DHs I see. As I said in one of my previous threads this class is too easy to play and too rewarding. And now that rev damage got shaved DH is actully OP on top of being easy too play which is the worst thing that happen in a competitive game mode. You dont want the strongest classes being the easiest, Im fine with something being strong if its played at its maximum potential ( thief: Sindrener or rev: Magic Toker)

Theres somee goood Dhs I saw but honestly 99% of them straight up got carried by the class including myself when I play Dh its a guaranteed win against most people even if they are better than me.

As u can see in this screenshot 4 Dhs, 90% of my matches today had 4 or more Dh. I would really like to see Anet nerf Dh before ruining the whole season. Dh has too much damage and too much sustain on top of still having some utility and CC. The healing of Dh is ridiculous even when it has 0 healing power.

Something needs to be done. I dont see how this class is balanced its just plain broken And it shows. Also just to compare it took me about 3 hours to get used to DH and beat other people who played guard for years, while on rev Im still learning and still get rekt on daily basis by better revs.

They need to make the class harder to play and less overpowered which imo requires major nerfs, until then well I guess we will keep saying 4 Dhs per game. Maybe even more in the upper ladder.

(edited by Emdrix.6124)

in PvP

Posted by: WulFy.1352

WulFy.1352

I couldn’t agree more. It is rediculous when guard leaves trap on cap point and one shots you while he is not even there… Coming from thief.

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

What’s your rating. Trust the superior players you just gotta carry harder.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

I carry but im forced to play DH sometimes

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

Welcome DH meta Round 2

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I carry but im forced to play DH sometimes

I know, I was being sarcastic. The top keeps spouting nonsense about carrying an entire team on your own.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

If you get killed without the other played being on point that’s not an op issue its l2p reflex.

in PvP

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

Agreed.

As Thief: I need to dedicate an entire weap set to have any chance to counter DH, and I need to do it using p/p with intermittent stealth, skirting the outsides of the point. Due to the blocks, heals, invuln, more blocks, pulls and pushes, this takes a while… so long that it’s not worth it. This is the only play I have against a DH, while they stand on a point LOL’ing at me cuz I cant do jack to cap it. It’s a perfectly designed profession to stand on point and defend said point.

Also, warr’s need to be toned the hell down. Shield stance, endure pain x2, on top of ridiculous damage and CC. The whole point of balance is trade-off: be tanky and do less damage, do more damage and be less tanky, strong utility/CC and less damage, less utility/CC and more damage. It seems seems Warrs & DH’s have all of the above without sacrifice of the other, but please explain how/if I’m wrong

If DH is counter to Thief, I’m fine with it, however I’m not fine with 2-3 counters per team as a usual basis. IMO the game should be more “if Guard=2, then Guard1=Red Guard2=Blue, addiontionalguard=0”, same for any profession.

For now, I’ll add to the issue and just start playing DH cuz: F it.

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Or we can go the Anet route and remove Marauder’s possibly shaving WoR by 1000 points?

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

I support this thread.

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

As a proud bunker elementalist, I can run through the traps and heal my health points. I can follow that up by running back into the traps and wasting them, only to heal again. And again.

And again.

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

As a proud bunker elementalist, I can run through the traps and heal my health points. I can follow that up by running back into the traps and wasting them, only to heal again. And again.

And again.

But can you do enough damage to kill the DH in the process? Because otherwise you are just wasting your time.

in PvP

Abelisk.4527

And again.

But can you do enough damage to kill the DH in the process? Because otherwise you are just wasting your time.

The point of playing ele support is to provide boons, heals, and group sustain. I’ll be deactivating traps with allies around, not just solo. Mender’s does a surprisingly good job at dealing damage, especially with overloads and such.

in PvP

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It gets annoying when I can see who has more DH and call the match before it starts.

I ended up rolling reaper for the unblockable shout and boon corrupts. Maybe one day when I figure out the key to not getting plastered with CC while playing reaper I might get off the silver/gold line.

in PvP

Posted by: Balian.5314

Balian.5314

Or we can go the Anet route and remove Marauder’s possibly shaving WoR by 1000 points?

I’m tellin ya!

DH OP now!

=P

Anyway, when we dueling again? Tweaked my set-up a lil coming back after 3 months to these darn nerfs.

in PvP

Abelisk.4527

Thing about DH is they’re completely DPS oriented. Support Guards isn’t even a thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

People still try to block through tof. Not knowing which skills are in lockable and which aren’t means you aren’t qualified for high tier play.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I’m tellin ya!

DH OP now!

=P

Anyway, when we dueling again? Tweaked my set-up a lil coming back after 3 months to these darn nerfs.

Soon enough xD, muh brain still remembers the druid spankings I got some months ago.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

People still try to block through tof. Not knowing which skills are in lockable and which aren’t means you aren’t qualified for high tier play.

main guardian trying to defend his broken class. sorry kid if I learned how to play Dh in 3 hours and win 1v2s theres defintly something wrong wit the class

in PvP

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

My last 3 games, enemy team had 3 DH, 2 DH and 4 DH. My team always had around 1-2DH. This is beyond ridiculous.

It’s funny because as a Ranger I can 1v1 any DH, but then they come at you like a zerg!!

I swapped to DH for the first time this season for one match (I haven’t touched DH since season 1) – and oh my lord let me tell you, it’s SO easy to play! I 1v2’d 2 DHs, outkited them, and burst them. This class is a joke.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Said this a few times but will say again.

Hunter’s verdict needs to be evadeable.

There is too little counter play. You either need invulnerability or on-demand stability. If they are on CD, you are doomed. This is simply way too strong against squishy builds.

in PvP

Posted by: arkaxify.3258

arkaxify.3258

fun enjoyable match

Attachments:

Primordial, Exalted, Illustrious and Indomitable legend.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

fun enjoyable match

at least you got a bunker comp to go vs 5 Dhs. if it was squishies it would have been gg

in PvP

Abelisk.4527

fun enjoyable match

All DPS. Your team won.

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

DH and War both needs some serious nerfs somewhere. As it stands currently both heavies put out too much damage, are basically immune to condi (remember when War was “Weak to condi”?…lol great design ANet), have absurd uptime on invuln to regular damage AND have multiple gap closers.

ANet has really screwed the pooch with these two classes, everyone else feels pretty good right now. I wish some of the other classes had multiple builds (Engi) but everyone else can at least compete.

Here is a crazy thought, design a weakness into DH or Warriors… I know, thats crazy talk but I think it will make the game better for everyone.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

DH and War both needs some serious nerfs somewhere. As it stands currently both heavies put out too much damage, are basically immune to condi (remember when War was “Weak to condi”?…lol great design ANet), have absurd uptime on invuln to regular damage AND have multiple gap closers.

ANet has really screwed the pooch with these two classes, everyone else feels pretty good right now. I wish some of the other classes had multiple builds (Engi) but everyone else can at least compete.

Here is a crazy thought, design a weakness into DH or Warriors… I know, thats crazy talk but I think it will make the game better for everyone.

warrior dosent need nerfs actually. They are In a pretty good spot right now and have losing matchups. And if they build for 1v1 they become absolute garbage in team fights and sacrifice moblity.

Warrior is just easy to play but not OP

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Warrior is arguably one of the worst two classes in the game for PvP right now because everyone else soft-counters them or hard-counters them, save for Necro, and that’s only because warrior can out-burst them. If necro gets a lucky boon rip of resistance, they win.

It’s a great profession when left alone to just condi bomb groups of players, but goes down quicky to focus fire after you bait their cooldowns.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Both guards and Wars are not op.
They are underpowered to say the least. But this is true only at high level.
All people crying about them demonstrate only one thing: they do not belong to this scope.
What is funny to see is to watch them coming over and over again on this topic without wondering if they are not responsible from having issues with these two professions.

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Implement class restrictions for ranked and problem solved.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

This is fun. Best part is knowing that it’ll stay like this at least until the season ends. Because of reasons.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

But… but… low skill floor! Easy for noobs yet so easy to kill because they die in a second!! Thats what all the DHs tell us!!!

How is this even possible!?!?!?

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I agree that DH could use some changes but warrior? I barely see any warriors and when I do they usually aren’t much of a problem. Given a choice id rather face a warrior than a DH anytime. (I play Engi, DH, War and Rev in pvp)

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

I don’t encounter large numbers of warriors in general. Most I see is 2 in a match but that is rare. Often if you see a warrior there is just one on a team or one on each team.

Really the issue is that the game mode involves holding static points. A single DH that knows how to sustain can have an outsize impact while still contributing damage in a team fight. But that DH can’t be everywhere. Even two DH of moderate skill can be worked around. Three DH are where it starts to become unmanageable unless one of the DH players is fairly weak.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

So, speaking of Warriors…

I haven’t played PvP in a while, but in Season 1-2 the class I was worried about the least was DH because Warrior has a nifty utility skill – Signet of Might.

I would run builds like this or even this and they would just make DH (at at the time more importantly, Eles) explode.

Now, I know they nerfed Gun Flame a bit, but a high damage, unbloackable, interrupt should still be pretty strong against DH right? Even more so now because there’s no more daze on traps and Berserker’s Stance laughs at the slow. If nothing else it should force all of the DH’s CDs which is a win in itself.

Maybe I’m missing something though?

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Guys dh is still underpowered at the ESL level when everyone is top tier and the whole team is on voice coms. Anet just needs to nerf Rev a bit more with slight buffs to dh now.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA