44 Win Streak ended due to disconnection :/

in PvP

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

I was going to make a post if i made it to Diamond without a loss, but I had to cut it short due to me losing my first game this season. My internet went down and I was overwhelmed with disappointment. Also to add I started the season as a fresh Amber, I mainly played the Ranger class and on occasion I would swap to another class depending on the team setup.

I have attached some pictures below for you guys and girls to have a look, enjoy!

EDIT: I have now reached Diamond – only 2 losses due to disconnections only.

EDIT: I have now reached Legend – only 2 losses due to disconnections only.

Attachments:

(edited by Chilli.2976)

in PvP

Posted by: Monolith.3246

Monolith.3246

I’m sorry for your loss.

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

matchmaking deliberately disconnected you just to make your score more “reasonable”

in PvP

Posted by: zzBlurryzz.7492

zzBlurryzz.7492

Just got into sPvP. Do you gain more pips as your winstreak grows? Like +2 or +3 etc?

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

No it’s only one additional, but that one additional pip accelerates you faster than you could imagine

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

theres always that one salty guy, who comment in every thread… thats just luck not skill… mmr heaven, mmr hell huhuhu

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

But let’s be honest. A 44-streak isn’t pure skill any more than it is pure luck. There’s no doubt some presence of both, but mostly it’s just another example of why MM is broken.

in PvP

Chilli.2976

I have finally reached Diamond, I had another loss yesterday due to a disconnection again. Apart from that I would of not lost any games upon reaching Diamond.

People can have their own opinions about my post, but I thought I would share my achievement with you all.

I will continue to post another picture if I reach Legendary, though Diamond on-wards will be much more difficult, so don’t expect any miracles.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I have finally reached Diamond, I had another loss yesterday due to a disconnection again. Apart from that I would of not lost any games upon reaching Diamond.

People can have their own opinions about my post, but I thought I would share my achievement with you all.

I will continue to post another picture if I reach Legendary, though Diamond on-wards will be much more difficult, so don’t expect any miracles.

I think the point people were trying to make is based in the question "Who’s achievement is it?

Otherwise

“How does one define ‘achievement’. Without merit, can ‘achievement’ even exist”?

Or something along those lines.

in PvP

Chilli.2976

I think the point people were trying to make is based in the question "Who’s achievement is it?

Otherwise

“How does one define ‘achievement’. Without merit, can ‘achievement’ even exist”?

An achievement can be a personal thing, it does not need to have merit.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Otherwise

Simple answer no.

And don’t get me wrong I’m happy for OP, but at the same time bragging about getting handed win streaks by a known to be broken MM system, is just silly in my opinion. Yes you put in a bit of skill into your matches but lets face it if the MM just flat out say you are GOING to win or lose, then you are going to do just that. I’m even willing to bet that your matches was soo lop sided that in about atleast half your matches you or another team mate could’ve went afk and still won by a good deal.

But that’s life in this game. Again for the last time congratulation! Just don’t let it go to your head tho. Atleast someone is getting their joys from benefiting off such a system.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: DemiGodKlvus.2648

DemiGodKlvus.2648

someone is gonna get offended by this im guessing loll

Im Most Likely Better Than You
Just Saying <3

in PvP

Posted by: Trini.3576

Trini.3576

This post just went on a whole new level. I think he was putting his accomplishment out there because he was proud. A 44 win game streak is awesome IMO. Great job man!

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Otherwise

An achievement can be a personal thing, it does not need to have merit.

Quite true. No reason to bash Chilli here. He was just seeing if he could ride out the win streak until Diamond. It’s not like he’s claiming to be super wlite or anything.

Btw Chilli, that must of been a frustrating disconnect. So sad to hear that. But at least you had a pleasant ride.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Thomek.7248

Thomek.7248

Just finished my win streak today

Attachments:

in PvP

Chilli.2976

Just finished my win streak today

Awesome dude, which division did you start at?

in PvP

Chilli.2976

I am finally Legend, no losses apart from 2 DC’s from my end. I’ve uploaded some screenshots for your reference.

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

What I genuinely want to know is, do you feel like your skill was generally better than the players you were up against? What do you think of the matchmaking system?

in PvP

Chilli.2976

What I genuinely want to know is, do you feel like your skill was generally better than the players you were up against? What do you think of the matchmaking system?

Yes, I feel like majority of the games my personal skill had an advantage, though I have been playing since launch. The matchmaking to me felt balanced, but in some matches not so much, as I started in Amber and did not play at all during Season 2 – this would probably explain it.

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

80-100% winrate → “match making is balanced” :^)

in PvP

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

kitten happens.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer