499:500 vs 100:500

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Does it make a difference on the mmr score how close the match is?

Do i lose less when i lose 400:500 instead of 100:500? Or in the other case, do i win more with a bigger gap?

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I don’t think so.
MMR only depends on whether you win or lose. Score doesn’t matter.

in PvP

Tiefsee.3647

Ty, that means i can do it “quick” when i see i am on the losing side

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

comebacks are a thing. if i could downvote you i would.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

To be honest, they should implement a bit more reward for close losses.
e.g. 300- loss = 3 pips
300+ loss = 4 pips
400+ loss = 6 pips

in PvP

Tiefsee.3647

Comebacks are a thing, but they are rare, specially since a strategy change can’t be comminicated in a good way (i need my finger fighting not writing) and since the team doesn’t change, onw or enemy, therefore it is more efficient losing that game and rejoining the que for a new game. Let’s say 10% of the games with 100 points disadvantage make it into a comeback, the time you gained would make up for those comebacks.

And i doupt you have a higher comeback rate

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Just report him for afk if he does it in one of your matches. If you’re in silver or above you probably won’t see him though XD

in PvP

Tiefsee.3647

Just report him for afk if he does it in one of your matches. If you’re in silver or above you probably won’t see him though XD

Nah, i do it without beeing afk, after all suuicide gives 5 points and therefore speeds it up and i still look like i am fighting.

And silver, no idea how far i will make it this season but i stuck all the time as common ruby soilder, let’s see how good/bad i really am

in PvP

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

This type of decision making is why we can’t have nice things.

in PvP

Tiefsee.3647

This type of decision making is why we can’t have nice things.

Won’t it be nice, if a close match would be different rewarded as a game where one party stomps the other? And i love math for decision making ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Evan Lesh said on the forum that because of the nature of conquest even a much weaker team could get like 200 points by the end so they decided to cut it.

IMO they should NOT reward getting 100, 200, or 300 points but for getting 400 the losing team could get some extra pips and maybe rating so ppl won’t go afk too soon.

And also a proper way to report afkers should be added.

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

This system is so weird. It’s made for pugs yet your personal effort means nothing. Play like a God and lose – bye bye rating. Play like a kitten and win – hello rating! It’s so silly to have a system where you play with randoms yet your personal performance is meaningless if the rest of your team sucks.

in PvP

Tiefsee.3647

Evan Lesh said on the forum that because of the nature of conquest even a much weaker team could get like 200 points by the end so they decided to cut it.

IMO they should NOT reward getting 100, 200, or 300 points but for getting 400 the losing team could get some extra pips and maybe rating so ppl won’t go afk too soon.

And also a proper way to report afkers should be added.

If 400 points difference gives a reward, the risk will be really high that only the initial fight matters…

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

i mean ive been getting people doing their starter games still and im in gold 3. i think its broken

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

No….

I had 3 placement games with people who quit after the first initial midfight, I also lost gold ranking because of AFKers and people who wanted to end it “quick” just because they fell 50 points behind in score.

Please don’t queue if you don’t intend to give your best throughout the whole game.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Tiefsee.3647

No….

I had 3 placement games with people who quit after the first initial midfight, I also lost gold ranking because of AFKers and people who wanted to end it “quick” just because they fell 50 points behind in score.

Please don’t queue if you don’t intend to give your best throughout the whole game.

It’s a system flaw in motivation design, it’s a binary system, it doesn’t matter if i lose 1:500 or 499:500 – but time makes up for that difference and in a competetive envirorment is every smal edge what could make the difference….

in PvP

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

No….

It’s a system flaw in motivation design, it’s a binary system, it doesn’t matter if i lose 1:500 or 499:500 – but time makes up for that difference and in a competetive envirorment is every smal edge what could make the difference….

No, it is the player not the system. Just stop playing ranked or any competetiv game mode with that attitude. You are ruining the game for at least 4 other players every round you do that.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Nah, i do it without beeing afk, after all suuicide gives 5 points and therefore speeds it up and i still look like i am fighting.

And silver, no idea how far i will make it this season but i stuck all the time as common ruby soilder, let’s see how good/bad i really am

Actively playing to ruin the game for other players… It is not always becouse of players in your team that are very bad, it can be that the other team manage to get the upper hand at start at gets your team in a bad rotation. Many time I and other teammates has been able to communicate and listen/read get the rotations on a good way again this leading to a victory. There are many other reasons so giving up is a bad way and with so many players like you giving up we will never know what action is the best, but by continue to play the matches even if I am losing or winning grants me experience, that’s my best reward.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

Doesn’t seem like it but it really should. Also you personal contribution should count for something. I could be the best player and my team yet still lose becasue one person has no idea what they are doing. I shouldn’t be punished the same as them mmr wise.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

i had 280 to 450 came back with a 3 cap and won 500 to 493

down votes your comment

in PvP

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Yea comeback are possible with players that learn to adapt. Against a 4 DH team We were down 150-350 but came back after we fix our rotation. Pvp is not just about controlling middle and home.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I think MMR should be adjusted based on score also. This would motivate players to keep playing even in losing situations.

You get stomped 100-500 you lose 100 points the other team gains them. Now if you lose 498 -500, but the other team was supposed to win big you gain MMR they lose MMR. Now if there are disconnects then the players who stay to play shouldn’t be penalized at all. The winners should get their reward though.

in PvP

Nova.3817

I think MMR should be adjusted based on score also. This would motivate players to keep playing even in losing situations.

You get stomped 100-500 you lose 100 points the other team gains them. Now if you lose 498 -500, but the other team was supposed to win big you gain MMR they lose MMR. Now if there are disconnects then the players who stay to play shouldn’t be penalized at all. The winners should get their reward though.

you should never “gain” mmr on a loss maybe lose less sure but never gain.

in PvP

Azukas.1426

I’m actually not so sure tbh. There are times when the match making has decided you will lose this game, and there is nothing you can do to stop this from happening. Literally had a game with a core power d/d thief on my team….and he wasn’t the only thief. Our team was playing 4v5. I shouldn’t lose MMR if my team keeps that game close since our total MMR was so low.

You currently aren’t getting paid for performance in this season.

in PvP

Nova.3817

I’m actually not so sure tbh. There are times when the match making has decided you will lose this game, and there is nothing you can do to stop this from happening. Literally had a game with a core power d/d thief on my team….and he wasn’t the only thief. Our team was playing 4v5. I shouldn’t lose MMR if my team keeps that game close since our total MMR was so low.

yes but if you start giving the losing team points and rating etc…. you end up with a system where you can grind your way to any division and thats the worst thing ever… so its lesser of 2 evils..

but i totally get it used to when i got paired with some trash players thats when id go to guild chat to form a party but of course now we dont have that option so its just the hand we have been delt..

in PvP

Tiefsee.3647

down votes your comment

Sure it happens, but how often is the question?

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Looks like Tiefsee is prone to Matchmaking Manipulation. Devs you may want to look into this and action appropriately.

in PvP

Posted by: Honest John.4673

Honest John.4673

Did your performance lead to a win? No? Then why should it pay you?

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

No….

No, it is the player not the system. Just stop playing ranked or any competetiv game mode with that attitude. You are ruining the game for at least 4 other players every round you do that.

If Anet thinks like you then we are doomed. People will always give up when they see they can’t win (not all people, just many) and to say to them “just stop playing with that mindset, you are ruining other people’s game” is honestly stupid, as they won’t care the slightest bit.
It’s up to the devs to make players a bit motivated for it (as you can’t really control people playing your game, but you can control the game itself). It’s so simple in conquest, just take a look at points and if the score of the losing team is higher than 400 (or any arbitrary number), knock less rating from them and give them 1 pip for rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

down votes your comment

Sure it happens, but how often is the question?

Very often. Many times a team gets off to a bad start due to poor strategy or communication but I’ve frequently seen matches flip. You can snowball both ways. Maybe you don’t see that happen much because you quit the minute you get down?

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

I like the idea of giving a bonus pip or 2 to the losing team if scores are super close. Just have to be careful about organized farming.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Sarika.3756

Right now, the OP’s stated behavior is actually fairly common. Suicide to speed up the match if they feel they are out classed early on. I hate getting stuck with team mates like that, when a little coordination and changing of strategy to adapt to the other team can give you a chance to turn the game around.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I like the idea of giving a bonus pip or 2 to the losing team if scores are super close. Just have to be careful about organized farming.

The pips are worthless though. It only takes 2-3 days of playing and you max out all the exclusive season rewards. Repeating the last chest only gives some gold and transmutation charges I can get faster in other ways. It is legendary division of season 1-4 all over again, just at an accellerated speed.
It seems like there is no reason to play this season for longer than 3 days if you have no hopes of reaching the top 250 for exclusive titles

When I saw the rewards I thought I could play the season the whole two months because it was said the last chest is repeatable. But it has all worthwhile contents removed after doing it once. But if you hit a wall like this there is no reason to continue. This is not how you keep a season active for the whole two months.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

(edited by Malediktus.3740)

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Right now, the OP’s stated behavior is actually fairly common. Suicide to speed up the match if they feel they are out classed early on. I hate getting stuck with team mates like that, when a little coordination and changing of strategy to adapt to the other team can give you a chance to turn the game around.

To be fair though I would rather suicide than AFK at spawn. At least then you’re finishing the game faster.

To the point, it would be interesting for the reward track at least to get an extra pip for being close or staging a good comeback. That would promote less suicide and afk behavior.

Could we also look into getting pip for each category you were top in on your team?

in PvP

Honest John.4673

The pips are worthless though. It only takes 2-3 days of playing and you max out all the exclusive season rewards. Repeating the last chest only gives some gold and transmutation charges I can get faster in other ways. It is legendary division of season 1-4 all over again, just at an accellerated speed.
It seems like there is no reason to play this season for longer than 3 days if you have no hopes of reaching the top 250 for exclusive titles

When I saw the rewards I thought I could play the season the whole two months because it was said the last chest is repeatable. But it has all worthwhile contents removed after doing it once. But if you hit a wall like this there is no reason to continue. This is not how you keep a season active for the whole two months.

I think we all know the reason each of us play. And judging from your post, I know the reason you play as well.

See you around.

(0.4636)

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I think we all know the reason each of us play. And judging from your post, I know the reason you play as well.

See you around.

(0.4636)

Tell me. If I only have a low chance to reach top 250 why should I keep playing this after
I maxed out season exclusive rewards? Unranked games will be more entertaining and relaxing, ranked is stressful.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

See you around.

(0.4636)

Tell me. If I only have a low chance to reach top 250 why should I keep playing this after
I maxed out season exclusive rewards? Unranked games will be more entertaining and relaxing, ranked is stressful.

Then go play unranked if it’s that much better. We’re not your therapists, we’re here to discuss the game, not listen to you complain about every aspect of the game you find disagreeable.

in PvP

Honest John.4673

See you around.

(0.4636)

If you actually wanted to improve or better yourself as a player. :^)

in PvP

Tiefsee.3647

If it gets one pip for 430+ losers and 2 pips for 460+ losers, nobody on the winning team would risk this farming, because the risk that the others win is way higher

If we consider secondary objectives that gain points, the risk for the winners would be even higher that the losers turn it around and they lose everything

(I know myself, if i would be on the losibg side and opponents agreed for a pip farming, i would try to backstab them and try to take the win compleatly)

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

https://www.twitch.tv/vallunv/v/28209948

Like that?

in PvP

Sarika.3756

See you around.

(0.4636)

The new system seems to support a start to getting enough actual feedback to improve your play and get better. That’s why I’ll be playing.

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Did your performance lead to a win? No? Then why should it pay you?

There is no way to win the game. The system said you lose and thus you lose. Even the best players in the world run into this.

That being said look at the other game mode that uses MMR. WvW you gain ranking by performing above expectations. You lose the week but gain. PvP should be the same

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Why not 2 extra pips to the team that take advantage of the maps freatures (and split for a draw)?
Like fire more Skyhammer’s cannon, killing more forest creature, kill the lord, the more trebuch hits and trebuch destroyed..

in PvP

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Why not 2 extra pips to the team that take advantage of the maps freatures (and split for a draw)?
Like fire more Skyhammer’s cannon, killing more forest creature, kill the lord, the more trebuch hits and trebuch destroyed..

Ya more pve in spvp! Maybe the ghost of scarlet can invade next season!

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

That is not a good idea. This would just encourage players who are only playing for rewards to do even more things that are not helping in the slightest. There is a a correct situation to go for each secondary mechanic and they should only be used if that situation arises, not for rewards.

To be honest, I think the pip system should just be left alone right now. Just think of it as a reward track (which it basically is) so getting high score shouldn’t matter. However, getting to 400 points should make you lose less rating, because if you reach 400, it is quite obvious that you could have won if you made just a few different decisions and that should be recognised in skill rating rather than pips in my opinion.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

I suggest that because in so many match the players totally skip this useful environment’s tool to only “zerg” mid at each respawn in numerical disvantage.

Basically is for add another point where to fight.
The only place where player make a regulary use of map’s mechanics is in unranked (Eternal Coliseum).

(edited by Vitali.5039)