499 to 504, -20

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

The Glicko rating system is a great set of functions designed to rank individuals with fitting mmrs to produce extremely close and fun games. The game in question is a great example of this, however; it does little to make me feel as though I deserve a -20 for losing. A mmr loss of maybe 4 or even 7 seems somewhat justified, but a set-back of 20 mmr could be equal to 2 or even 3 wins. Now I understand this mmr rating system was originally meant for chess, which is black and white when it comes to winning; GW2, unfortunately is not. The first season had a protocol for close games, if you were losing and it was close enough in points you may not even lose a pip. In one or two instances it was possible to even gain a pip, this kind of system should never have been removed. This is the second occasion this season where I’ve personally lost a game by a single point and was punished for it, I am sure I’m not alone. I would like to hear some more opinons!

Sincerely your favorite warrior… NOT berserker… just warrior
Crysis

Attachments:

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Thunderbird.4298

This is a pic of the -20 too

Attachments:

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Posted by: ProudEuResident.8915

ProudEuResident.8915

Dem kann ich nur zustimmen. Man sollte für solch knappe Spiele eine Art von ’’Belohnung’’ am Ende bekommen wenn man, wie du hier, die meisten kills,dmg ouput und revives hat, also quasi alles versucht hat um sein Team zu carrien. Ich würd vorschlagen du als Einzelpersonn( und auch die andern, die top stats hatten) verlieren vllt weniger rating-punkte als die anderen spieler aus dem team(z.B. 2 weniger pro top stat oder so)

toxic,noob

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

You probably lost against a team you weren’t expected to lose to.

Not knowing both team’s average MMR though, can’t say.

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Overall the system is working.

All the top players win 3 lose 1 only to remain on same spot. Thats just cz the high has no higher end to 50/50 against.
The good side is, if youre happy with anything around top100, you can play lots of games and all the other top guys will tryhard – giving you lots of good matches.
If you wanna tryhard for top20, you might want to not play, skipping those late hours or drunk nights fun

Dont forget,
that if you want a “failsafe system for close games” , youd also have to punish the winning side, like giving them only +7 for a hard fought close game that they were underdogs for, instead of +20.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Posted by: arkaxify.3258

arkaxify.3258

that sucks man and i agree. the way you would win a certain amount of pips based on your performance was the best idea they implemented in season 1, sadly it was terribly buggy back then and was easily exploitable if you were queueing with ambers when you were in legendary/diamond etc.

the concept was great because people would never throw games, everyone would try their hardest till the end.. hell i remember WINNING 2 pips from a LOSS, would be nice if they brought it back glitch-free

Primordial, Exalted, Illustrious and Indomitable legend.

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Just had this happen too 499-504 -17. But a pub tier 675 rating player threw on purpose walking off point last moment because he didn’t get ressed. Why he was in low plat is another question.

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

the concept was great because people would never throw games, everyone would try their hardest till the end.. hell i remember WINNING 2 pips from a LOSS, would be nice if they brought it back glitch-free

The concept was liked because it always awarded the winner with same ammount.
It was exactly the 0 pip losses that produced the average “0.25 pip per game climb” minimum.

It would look something like this now:
-normal game. winner +15 loser -15
-close 400 + game, winner +5 loser -5

It would leave a bitter taste for the underdog, who fought hard against better enemy – only to recieve a mediocre award because he didnt stomp the stronger enemy harder.

It is a logical point – as a close game could indeed have gone either way. just depends if it will give poeple enough drive.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

I agree. I have had so many close matches like that and losing rating feels unrewarding when I worked my kitten off; this once again reinforces the point that individual rating should not be reflective of your whole team. Maybe if they introduced some team rating factors, like if you get at least 400 points you will win at least some rating (obviously less than the winning team), this might also prevent people from manipulating or throwing the matches to incentivize better matches.

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

I ahree, the first sistem of season one was good – the only complain back there was – nobody knows why we lost/won pips

Then they said they make it more transparent, and they did – saddly they made it more transparent by using a different rating system…

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Be glad you didn’t win. Overtime wins get you a desertion to go with the negative rating. On the plus side you get pips for a win.

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Thunderbird.4298

And another lol, although this is a little better, only lost 11… still though

Attachments:

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I think the takeaway from this is that, had you been running berserker instead of warrior, you’d be +20 instead of -20 right now

XD

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Won 509-504, 15min desertion and -12 rating, thanks anet
http://imgur.com/a/qvQZT

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Posted by: Birman.1705

Birman.1705

Anet’s message is quite clear – if the score is something like 200-400 or 350-450, don’t even bother coming out of base anymore, because fighting hard to the last minute only wastes everyone’s time and post-pones the inevitable. (Yes, comebacks do occur, but the likelyhood is very low at this point)

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Thunderbird.4298

Anet’s message is quite clear – if the score is something like 200-400 or 350-450, don’t even bother coming out of base anymore, because fighting hard to the last minute only wastes everyone’s time and post-pones the inevitable. (Yes, comebacks do occur, but the likelyhood is very low at this point)

Dark as F***

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Thunderbird.4298

I think the takeaway from this is that, had you been running berserker instead of warrior, you’d be +20 instead of -20 right now

XD

hurtful… very hurtful!

499 to 504, -20

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

Just wait till you’re in the top 100 for ranked and queue into anyone in Platinum, if you win a game you get 11 rating, and if you lose, 60 gone.