4v5 Balances

4v5 Balances

in PvP

Posted by: slsharpshooter.5631

slsharpshooter.5631

I’d like to congratulate you for the new PvP updates!
I know you like to reply to easy things like random compliments but never the problems. So I bait you here and now you will read what I am throwing at you.

For every game I played today, it ended as 4v5 either on my end or the other.The quality of games are so terrible I seriously feel so sick of it that I’m posting this. You should add a daily pvp reward for going in a 4v5 game. Seriously. You get unworthy wins and that just makes the overall game look so cheap. As I had dedicated a lot of time in PvP, I have been extremely patient for changes but the best you could come up with was add gold to PvP instead of actually solving the problems that cause gameplay of guild wars 2 to suck so much. The 4v5s happen in soloq and in teamq too often to be ignored. You get zerged and its extremely frustrating to be on the lesser side but equally boring to win 500 – 10.

Implementing the simplest solutions to the problems that make people quit the game is not the most resource consuming job to do. The new system ‘dishonored’ that you have made up doesn’t work what’s so ever. If you had removed the dishonored on the 10th without telling us, nobody would have noticed. I have recently been playing a lot of smite and admired their ‘goodwill’ system. The goodwill system is a score you are rated based on AFKs and Disconnection. In Smite, they rate a percentage. 0% for being AFK or/and Disconnect too often, 100% for NOT doing that. Because of that players of your ranking are matched with your ‘goodwill’ and if you had 0% goodwill for example, you’ll be matched with other low percentage players. Therefore implementing this kind of system will keep the more disruptive players separate from the more worthy players.

So here are a few scenarios that you can fix.

• 1. 4v5 at the start of the game:
    When the countdown reaches 0 and there are NOT 5 players on each team, then abort the tournament. This stops us from wasting our time or having unworthy wins.
  • 2. When people AFK in the middle of the tournament:
    Add a new report AFK system, if we had ‘goodwill’ then the player would get a score decrease if the report is true.
  • 3. When people Disconnect in the middle of the tournament:
    Similarly to #2, a report should be sent by players depending on how unfair the down time of the player was. This should also contribute to decrease a ‘goodwill’ score.
  • 4. When people reach 0% ‘goodwill’
    If you plan to keep dishonored and want to involve a ‘goodwill’ system, then a player that reaches 0% gets dishonored. As stated before, players of similar statistics should be matched together. So people who get to 0% can work their way back up if they don’t go AFK or DC.
  • 5. Add a surrender button (for the french)
    Instead of wasting everyone’s time, there should be a ‘surrender’ feature that starts a vote in the team to choose to lose the game now. Gameplay gets so bland when one team overkills the other.

I hope you take these suggestion into consideration and implement them as soon as possible because it is so obvious the Arena Net team hasn’t played enough tournaments to realize how rotten it has become otherwise we would have seen these minute changes a very long time ago. This is just taking the trash out but no one is there to do it. If you don’t take action, I feel that I have wasted my time and maybe I should let others know that they will waste their time with this. If you wanted to make the PvP aspects better then why do you not ask the top ranking players (not by ratio but by number of win or losses)? The people that have experienced the game more than you have? Working with those people would lead to a more balanced meta and a prosperous population of pvpers.

(edited by slsharpshooter.5631)

4v5 Balances

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Yeh, good suggestions, just that, its not the first time i see them in this forum, yet i dont see them in game, and its definitely not something hard to code… which lead us to some sad conclusions… :|

4v5 Balances

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

They are giving far higher priority to everything else instead of fixing one of the biggest issues (if not THE biggest) that has been running rampant in PvP for the last ~6 months.

It really boggles the mind.

How the hell does class balance or rewards matter when when 1 out of every 3-5 matches is over before it even begins?

4v5 Balances

in PvP

Posted by: slsharpshooter.5631

slsharpshooter.5631

Yeh, good suggestions, just that, its not the first time i see them in this forum, yet i dont see them in game, and its definitely not something hard to code… which lead us to some sad conclusions… :|

Precisely, it doesn’t require a week of hard to insert short snippets:

if (Tournament.Players < 10)
{
Abort();
}

4v5 Balances

in PvP

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Precisely, it doesn’t require a week of hard to insert short snippets:

if (Tournament.Players < 10)
{
Abort();
}

Only that it’s a lot more difficult than the code snippet you made.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

4v5 Balances

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

(playing a 4v5 game right now)

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

4v5 Balances

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

I’m going to have to say the solo q’s since dec 10th have been atrocious.