4v5 bench solution suggestion

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Kinda was just thinking about this in the shower but I thought I’d share this to see wha other people think.

A lot of games have a the situation of 4v5 or 3v5 so why not bench the imbalance?

Sure the game is supposed to be 5v5 but at least there would be more or less even terms.

If a match starts or if players drop have a little pop up for people to volunteer to bench similar to the auto balance in hotjoin. Then bench players have them forced into spectate while they watch their own team.

It’d be hard to program I’d presume but perhaps a feature to allow people to switch with other players currently benched would be a great system with this. Also of corse if someone rejoins the game is set back to 5v5.

This allows for teams to be balanced and still gives tactical options to the 5 man team while not segregating their ally.

Also full rewards for benched players at the end of the match. They did queue and it sucks if you have to sit and watch

However I don’t feel a benched player should have to take a rating hit if they never even played in the match. I realize rating isn’t even a big deal right now but over time it will actually mean something again.

Feel free to share criticism and thoughts

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

This is agood thread

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

who would want to bench themselves after waiting so long for a game? especially a high ranked one, it still doesnt solve Afkers as well

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I say having the option to volunteer so teams can call it out over chat for what makes sense strategically and perhaps a swap option to give others a chance, it would have to be something for teams to communicate. As to afkers yeah they are a problem perhaps a proper ready up system that force benches afkers?

But there will always be some level to this problem. Like the people who give up and sit in spawn yelling “GG NOOB TEAM CAN ONLY WIN WITH CHEESE”

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”