4v5 is the standard

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I expect to see it fixed around winterday event, due to dat six month development cycle.

Literally every hotjoin server is either:

1. 3v5
2. 4v5
3. Empty
4. Players who stack teams by abusing team swapping

Its very rare to have a 5v5 match, if you are lucky to get one its when the undermanned team is down 80 to 300 and even then that 5th player usually leaves so it ends up 4v5 again.

I think its absolutely disgraceful. The players have too much power in a match, elements like being able to swap teams, leaving the game mid match etc should be reserved for custom servers. That’s just my opinion though.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

yeah they need to remove spectator and team select,
why did they ever think it was a good idea to let people choose what team to play on…
2v2, team blue is winning? the next person in the match joins the winning team,
now the team that was already winning outnumbers the losing team…

remember when it was 8v8 and there was no spectator or team select?
there was alot less pointless onesided matches and never any half empty matches.
those were the days…
how can Anet consistently make bad mistake after bad mistake after bad mistake?

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

I hope liewec is joking…It’s hotjoin which is the most casual format possible. Spectator is fine, players actually like it and it took forever to get it. Team select is bad? No. Anet can take away team select if they want but as I’ve said, it’s hotjoin and most games let you pick your team in these casual matches. No team select makes it harder for people to casually play with friends. 8v8 was just terribad.

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: ReesesPBC.4603

ReesesPBC.4603

I hope liewec is joking…It’s hotjoin which is the most casual format possible. Spectator is fine, players actually like it and it took forever to get it. Team select is bad? No. Anet can take away team select if they want but as I’ve said, it’s hotjoin and most games let you pick your team in these casual matches. No team select makes it harder for people to casually play with friends. 8v8 was just terribad.

It doesn’t matter if it’s hotjoin or not. The problem is that there is no enjoyable game for people who play hotjoin because of messed up spectator privileges and abuse of both that and team select. Taking away team select may be a temporary fix but they can just as easily add team hotjoin, solo hotjoin. To people who play hot join only, there is no “it’s only hotjoin” mentality plus if they want fair matches they should be allowed to have them if they don’t want to opt to play ranked games.

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

4v5 is the standard in ranked games as well.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Once yet get higher up in the soloq the 4v5 games seem to stop.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: Archer.3129

Archer.3129

The big issue is not letting people leave when they join a match and if they do then they may not enter another match for 15 minutes. Right now there is no consequence for players who don’t stick it out even if your losing. The auto balance is just a punishment for someone who is playing on the winning team. It just happened to me in a match and then still you had ship jumpers and I was left completely disappointed. Why make people who put in the effort on their team switch to a team that didn’t stay together. I feel bad for those who get caught on that team who are trying still to put out the effort but auto balance just penalizes the other team.
I would say the best remedy for jumpers is the 15 minute time out. Fine leave the game but you may not enter again in another as you please.

As far as the spectator I see no issue, but choosing where they join the team is clear, they should only be able to join the team that is already down points since that is the most likely to lose a player to jumping. After 2 days of trying I have yet to get a even match. They have been 3v4 or 3v5 or 4v5 If you sit and try to say that extra player doesn’t matter you would be very mistaken in most matches it determines the win. There are the exceptions of course but not enough to mention.

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: infynity.5284

infynity.5284

If they brought back 8v8 (or even more, like a possible alliance battle map) things wouldn’t be so bad. The lack of team members is because of skill stacking to one side. The anet restricted 5/5 is part of the reason for this because there is no leeway for competition when every player counts on such a small team. Believe me, loosing teams almost always have at least 3 lower skilled players trying to counter a 4 skilled team.

Please get over yourself if you think rank has no meaning. It’s there to prove how long a player has been in pvp. Of course they have learned some skill by the time they hit rank 40 or 50 kitten and those players are the ones you will see in the stacked team.

It’s not punishment that they need for quitters, its reward for people sticking with consecutive losses. The model for the match ups is unfair, this Swedish tournament system or whatever its called is obviously flawed when there are so many match ‘rooms’ to choose from on limited servers in Hotjoin. My guess is personal player statistics get wiped unless you are playing on official Anet servers in solo/q and team/q and everybody leaves once skyhammer comes anyway. So getting an eventual win becomes a random act that you have to bring about yourself by jumping between games and opting for the winning team. I don’t know about you, but I would like to be progressing this limited reward system they gave us just a bit each night I play rather than having my face constantly stomped by a stacking team and getting 1 green for my efforts.

PvP is in a sad enough state as it is. Instead of adding more to an already lacking area of the game they shoved the mess under the bed by taking away match variety and now people are complaining more than ever. Exploits aside, I can’t understand the decision to remove a map from rotation that people enjoyed and keep one that so many hate.

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: Argamir.3651

Argamir.3651

Its indeed really annoying. Theres never a fair 5v5, played a fair 4v4 yesterday when suddenly some ele joined. We didnt get another player and guess what? lost because of that. i even see people leave a server to make a random person swap over and then rejoin the winning team. Its disgusting… also often when the game wants to swap, a person joins when the counter is at about 2 or 1 seconds and then the game is unbalanced again. i dont understand why the team thats behind doesnt get a player as well then to make it immediately balanced again.

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

3 vs 4
The 4 man team is dominating because of the additional person.
Enter spectator mode early enough next match. Force the autobalance, then rejoin the team you left.
Then someone on opposing team enters spectator mode and reforces autobalance back.
However clever little dic notices autobalance, and quickly also enters spectator mode canceling the autobalance and waits to see what team is getting clear advantage.
Re enters match on winning side.

Best tactic in hotjoin. Players found better ways of winning than were offered to them. Even though in terms of use it states manipulating match outcomes is a serious misconduct of terms of use. Yet it happens as often as I get PM’ed to buy gold.

I don’t believe anet ever intended this to be the way it was used, but lately it feels like all control over all Pvp is slipping away from them. Strength runes making gods of celestial builds that by design were only meant to be jacks of all trades. Refusing to engage anyone in a fair sense of PvP when you can just stealth pull them down holes. Rank matches starting as 4 vs 5. Gold sellers whispering everyone. Megaserver events just a complete polygon pixel mess..what are we going to see next?..Inserting the AC troll into HoTW and having it drop the wrong tokens?..asura ele animations scaling wrong and being used as an exploit?
I still play daily, but whoever runs accounts can see my account hasn’t bought any gems or TP items in a very long time. That is what happens when you get a vote of no confidence. It is just the sad reality. It sounds harsh to say, but every word is truthful..that is what it truly makes it sad. Pushing a product you know is broken and hoping it still makes you money. The kinda thing business management 101 warns students about in year one of university. I really hope for them they take this seriously, each day it seems they’re losing control of their own work a little more.

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

I seriously hope no one is talking about hotjoins when complaining about 4v5s.

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

now i see what all this 4v5 qq threads are about^^

seriously – noone care bout hotjoin

this forum^^

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

now i see what all this 4v5 qq threads are about^^

seriously – noone care bout hotjoin

this forum^^

Nobody cares cuz its broken and this is one of main reasons why it is so broken. You can’t even expect new/bad players to learn game in hotjoins while they are like this.

Imo hotjouins should be removed, they should work just like soloq but with no match making at all, ranking and lower rewards. Just gather 10 players thrown em into game and expect them to play till end of map – punish for leaving, then throw everybody out again. Leave custom rooms like they are though.

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I use to think this wasn’t an issue because its hotjoins…. However recently been looking for good games, its all stacked teams like the op says. Which makes hotjoins not feel as it did back in the days with 8v8 and such and forced teams. It’s nice to spectate and all, but because of this hotjoins just aren’t as much fun as they use to be because it’ll be 2v1 and all the spectators are waiting for someone to join the other team because they know the team with 2 people are going to win because they are very good players so they wait till a spot opens which never happens and basically you have to leave that game and go find another game because its always going to be lopsided because everyone knows that if they join the other team they going to lose anyways.

I say this is mostly because of the change of the point system where a win gives you certain points and lose gives you certain points no matter what. The point system is what really killed hotjoins. I know back in the days people would stack teams even with the old system but its not as bad as this new system. I would still join a losing team back with the old system but this new system why even bother.

Hotjoins just don’t feel the same anymore, and there use to be a lot of new players too, this new version is just a bunch of veterans picking on people and its not fun at all waiting for the good team to open up and what not.

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

What exactly is the huge advantage to winning a hotjoin game…. the rewards are not enough to justify any of those players doing that. So why don’t all you people kittening join the bad team. It’s only going to make you better players in the long run. I pick the losing team everytime I join a new match.

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Aza.2105

What exactly is the huge advantage to winning a hotjoin game…. the rewards are not enough to justify any of those players doing that. So why don’t all you people kittening join the bad team. It’s only going to make you better players in the long run. I pick the losing team everytime I join a new match.

Its not about the rewards, people played hotjoin before they reworked the reward system. Rewards might be the reason you pvp.

I personally started to do hotjoin because its a great place to try out different builds. Soloq and teamq is more rigid in this respect since it would be rude to go in with a untested build and jeopardize your allies rating.

They changed hotjoin so that its more of a stepping stone for less experienced players to get into soloq and teamq. Problem is its not teaching any of these players anything, since the ability to swap teams or side with the winning team doesn’t exist. So in this respect 5v5 in hotjoin imo is counter productive to this cause.

As it stands, with hotjoin in its current form it should be just like soloq but unrated. So that means no ability to team swap and the match starts with 5v5.

Windows 10

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

It does teach. It teaches them to emulate what the better players they see in hotjoins are doing before heading to the tournament. Hotjoins are fine. If they want to put a little effort into evening out tournaments and stopping the 4v5s then fine. But messing with hotjoins is unnecessary. We get little attention as it is in pvp. Prioritize.

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Aza.2105

It does teach. It teaches them to emulate what the better players they see in hotjoins are doing before heading to the tournament. Hotjoins are fine. If they want to put a little effort into evening out tournaments and stopping the 4v5s then fine. But messing with hotjoins is unnecessary. We get little attention as it is in pvp. Prioritize.

The average hotjoin player doesn’t even care about capturing objectives, so I doubt they are trying to emulate what better players do. With that being said you aren’t offering any objective reason why Anet shouldn’t look into hotjoin other than your opinion that hotjoin shouldn’t be taken seriously.

What I’m saying is objective, if the gameplay mode is designed to be 5v5 and most of the matches are 4v5 or less then there is something fundamentally wrong. That has nothing to do with my opinion on whether or not hotjoin is a valid gameplay experience or not.

Windows 10

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Well if they aren’t trying to capture nodes fixing the 4v5 problem in hotjoins seems like a silly idea!

It won’t fix the problem. It will lock some casuals into one team where they get owned and bashed by there team making pvp more elitist and selective than it already is.

Here’s the thing. If you care so much about your pvp experience that this bothers you so much, then maybe you should be playing with other players that care….. Not Hotjoins. If your just testing a build then you shouldn’t get mad either way though lol.

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Aza.2105

Well if they aren’t trying to capture nodes fixing the 4v5 problem in hotjoins seems like a silly idea!

It won’t fix the problem. It will lock some casuals into one team where they get owned and bashed by there team making pvp more elitist and selective than it already is.

Here’s the thing. If you care so much about your pvp experience that this bothers you so much, then maybe you should be playing with other players that care….. Not Hotjoins. If your just testing a build then you shouldn’t get mad either way though lol.

Getting mad? What?

I’d really like to keep my thread clean and troll free. If you don’t have anything constructive to add to the thread then do yourself a favor and just do not say anything.

Its one thing if you disagree and have a valid reason why. But when your reasoning is based upon your own personal problems with the game mode then it makes your perspective irrelevant.

Everyone is experiencing a large quantity of 4v5 in hot joins, this is fact and objective. Its not limited to a single person or small groups experience. Saying something like don’t fix it because hotjoin isn’t because its not serious indicates a the individual has personal problem with the mode, not that the mode is not working correctly.

Everything you have stated is real subjective and this isn’t why I made the thread. I don’t care about your subjective opinions about what you feel about hotjoin. You can create another thread about it if you like. This thread is for the on going 4v5 issue that has been prevalent in hotjoin since they removed 8v8.

Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

You shouldn’t be bothered by it either way… Happy?

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Score should be paused when teams are uneven for hotjoin.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

You mean SoloQ where 4 vs 5 still happens a year later? or you mean tpvp where rank 1000 can be placed against rank 10 because of the lack of teams to make the MMR effective? Or you mean the 20+ wait times to ensure a proffesional match?

please clarify which? You have totally missed the point. If it is a mode in the game, it is as deserved of attention as any other aspect. What your saying is a keen to, “Its a custom arena, who cares?” Then suddenly with skyhammer farming it becomes apparent why not caring was terrible idea. Currently there is multiple good reasons to care and not this this go unchecked. If its in the game, it needs to be kept in line with terms and conditions. “Manipulating match results is a breach of serious misconduct” Not my words, anets own words. That is exactly what is happening. So lets all just ignore the serious misconduct, its only hotjoin.

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

I know it’s not fun to fight 4v5. And I was not talking about soloq or teamq. I was specifically talking about hotjoins. I don’t think it’s a good idea to lock in hotjoin teams. I suppose we have a difference in opinions but there’s no need to attack me and call me the troll. I’m simply saying to be realistic in what you want from anet.

I am in full agreement a system should be put in place to stop imbalanced tournament games. But hotjoins are hotjoins. They are fine.

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

It’s a huge problem in hotjoins to the point that they’re not worth playing because it’s almost every game.

I don’t care about soloQ or teamQ, it almost never happens there.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

It’s a huge problem in hotjoins to the point that they’re not worth playing because it’s almost every game.

I don’t care about soloQ or teamQ, it almost never happens there.

Yup I agree with this guy.

I use to love playing hotjoins, but this new change they made its a problem.

Right now people just spectate, pick the winning team and win. Its hardly even fun anymore. Back then there use to be a ton of people hotjoining, and there was a ton of people playing tpvp as well. Now I feel that hotjoin is somewhat dead. Kind of same feeling with tpvp, but not so much as hotjoin.

You guys can talk all you want about how pvp is more alive than it was back in September 2013, but the only real thing I see more alive is hearts of the mist.
The PvP itself is to me less alive and more dead since September 2013.

Hotjoining was fun, now its dead. I feel its because of the changes anet has made since September 2013.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Do people feel that 4v5 or Spectator Wars is less of an issue on the 8v8 servers? Unbalanced teams still occur at low numbers, but once the teams get to 6+ on each side, things start to seem better to me. Unless one team is heavily stacked, the numbers usually balance out any disparity in skill, since most of the meta PvP builds crumble once they start to get focused by 2 – 3 players at a time, meaning that things like Hambows, MM necros, condi Engis etc. have less opportunity to completely dominate.

4v5 is the standard

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Lol at MM necros dominating!