4v5 still suppose to give pip loss?(Resolved)

in PvP

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

So this happened to us last night, a player on our team quit the game mid match leaving us 4v5 while we were only 50 points behind….this quickly snowballed and we lost by a huge margin at the end and still gave us a pip loss..

It was clearly stated in the patch notes that this would not result in a pip loss…

“If a player from your team deserts the match, and your team is then defeated, you’ll lose no pips for that match (and the match won’t count as a loss should you be on a win streak).”

Here is the link to the original post:
https://competitive.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-for-pvp-league-season-two

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

On the other side even a DC is counted as desertion and even if you reconnect, you still get the dishonour and pip loss, in my case I DC at the start and reconnect to win the game regardless…I get dishonour and pip loss…it’s BS absolute crap.
I don’t get it if somebody DC and then come back before game it’s over…not even mid game, the game barely started…why I get dishonour?

It takes forever to reload GW2, you need to get past 5 loading screens before getting into the game again and that can take up to 5m

The problem is still on anet side with their bad servers as usual because everything else run perfectly fine except random DC from gw2

Why are DC treated like ragequit? it makes no bloody sense, if the guy who DCed come back why he gets treated like a ragequitter?

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

I had the same. Teammate didn’t play since the middle of the match, at the end of the match two of your teammates have already left the match. (I was SoloQing) Still counted as a lost.

System still bugged – as if I had expected something else

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

If the guy who drops was in a party with you, then you get to lose a pip.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Was the teammate that left in your party?

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

Real problem here is probably how to differentiate between real DC and fake one

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Real problem here is probably how to differentiate between real DC and fake one

The real problem here, is person in your party or in your team but not your party have two different solutions.

If you invite a guy in your party and he left (DCed or ragequit) the party is penalized. While a random soloq will not penalized your party.

But more than often, it’s a connection issues from some server… so, it’s bad to have two differents solutions for the same collectivity problem.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

But more than often, it’s a connection issues from some server… so, it’s bad to have two differents solutions for the same collectivity problem.

Nope. Because one is a solution for gaming the system, the other is not.

in PvP

ZilentNight.5089

Yes the player was in our party, obviously they are not going to be re-invited in future games, this makes a lot more sense now, thanks for the quick reply!

in PvP

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Zilent — if you’re the one who updated the thread title to add “resolved” I want to give you a huge “thank you!” It really helps forum members to see those notes, so kudos for the helpful update.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Zilent — if you’re the one who updated the thread title to add “resolved” I want to give you a huge “thank you!” It really helps forum members to see those notes, so kudos for the helpful update.

Do you see how great two way communication is? Now, can you imagine if your team did the same back to the community for hot topics? It would be so great!!!

in PvP

Teutos.8620

My teammate who left the game was NOT a part member.

Still lost a pip. Problem NOT solved.

Edit: Next time the problem happens again, I will make my own thread (with the exact documentation which match it was), seems posting in the same thread get’s you completely ignored.

(edited by Teutos.8620)

in PvP

Posted by: Erik Waananen

Previous

Erik Waananen

Game Designer

My teammate who left the game was NOT a part member.

Still lost a pip. Problem NOT solved.

Edit: Next time the problem happens again, I will make my own thread (with the exact documentation which match it was), seems posting in the same thread get’s you completely ignored.

If this is still happening to you, and it turns out that your situation isn’t the same as ZilentNight’s (where the player that disconnected in your match was also a party member), then I encourage to please either return here or definitely make another post so that we can continue to investigate things further. While ZilentNight’s situation was resolved by getting additional information pertaining to that specific match, if you find that this is still happening to you (or anyone else for that matter), then please don’t hesitate to let us know, as we have no intention of ignoring players if this seems to be an actual recurring issue with Season 2.

in PvP

Teutos.8620

I’ll do that

BTW: I have found other bugs:

Killerassel.2197 posted at 22:06 CET in the map chat, the he got a queue pop, the match didn’t start and he got deserter.

Another players answered, that he got a queue pop in the second match and he had to fight with the ‘map select’-screen the whole match.

in PvP

ZilentNight.5089

I did update the title, you’re welcome and thank you for the quick response

in PvP

Posted by: Brent.1580

Brent.1580

I solo queued on my elementalist tonight and we started out pulling ahead with a solid 50-100 point lead. About halfway through or a little less, the other team started a comeback and I noticed that one of our team appeared afk. Then we noticed that he was dc’d. The other team just snowballed us after that. He was not, nor was ever, in my party. I lost a pip at the end of the match.