5 Buffs to Tempest That Could Make FA Viable

in PvP

Posted by: Poelala.2830

Poelala.2830

1. Lucid Singularity now reduces the cooldown on overloads by 20% and reduces the effects of the singularity trait by 40%, meaning the cooldown on overloads when attunement swapping is now 3 seconds instead of 5. This will give elementalists a higher resistance to immob, chill, and cripple while runnng glassy builds.

2. Tempestuous Aria reduces the cooldown of shouts by 20%, they apply 5 seconds of weakness (buffed from 3 seconds). Wash the pain away could be altered to keep a 20 sec cooldown when traited, or it could remain the same.

3. Shouts: “Eye of the Storm!” applies 3 seconds of quickness. This would make it not only easier to actually land an overload since it would be exponentially quicker, but you’d be able to catch up with most players so they can’t as easily kite out of your circles. This would also affect the trait “Gale Song”. Aftershock’s cooldown is now 35 seconds.

4. Warhorn Skills: Heat Sync’s cooldown is now 15 seconds. Wild Fire applies 2 burning stacks for 6 seconds per pulse. Lightning Orb’s radius is now 450. Cyclone’s range is now 900, radius is 360. Dust Storm applies 2 seconds of blind in a 1 sec interval.

5. Overloads: Overload Fire now applies 2 burn for 5 seconds in a 1 sec interval. Overload Water is now a water field. Overload Air’s Static Charge now ensures your next 3 hits deliver a lightning strike (buffed from next 1 attack). Hardy Conduit applies 4 seconds of protection (buffed from 3) so it now completely overlaps the overload.

Please keep the comments civil.

in PvP

Posted by: Ialdir.8726

Ialdir.8726

I think 1-4 are reasonable somehow.

However 5 seems a bit over the top from my perspective. Imagine if you would implement this buff today. What would happen? Alle D/F Auramancer would get a strong buff to their sustain with the water field and a very strong CC in team fights with air overload. So from this buff I doubt that you would push elementalists in a dos role.

in PvP

Poelala.2830

However 5 seems a bit over the top from my perspective. Imagine if you would implement this buff today. What would happen? Alle D/F Auramancer would get a strong buff to their sustain with the water field and a very strong CC in team fights with air overload. So from this buff I doubt that you would push elementalists in a dos role.

Static Charge doesn’t CC at all, and the water field won’t stop overload water from being interrupted. And a moving water field is in no way overpowered, look no further than druid or warhorn on that fact. Moving water field wasn’t strong enough to make d/why meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Put tempest threads in tempest forum. Or just don’t spam the ‘my class is weak plz buff’ threads.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

1 Change to would boost build diversity for Tempests is:

Swap Harmonious Conduit With Speedy Conduit (Speedy Conduit would be the major and get the 10% damage and Harmonious Conduit would be a Minor which has stab on overloads)

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

1. Lucid Singularity now reduces the cooldown on overloads by 20% and reduces the effects of the singularity trait by 40%, meaning the cooldown on overloads when attunement swapping is now 3 seconds instead of 5. This will give elementalists a higher resistance to immob, chill, and cripple while runnng glassy builds.

2. Tempestuous Aria reduces the cooldown of shouts by 20%, they apply 5 seconds of weakness (buffed from 3 seconds). Wash the pain away could be altered to keep a 20 sec cooldown when traited, or it could remain the same.

3. Shouts: “Eye of the Storm!” applies 3 seconds of quickness. This would make it not only easier to actually land an overload since it would be exponentially quicker, but you’d be able to catch up with most players so they can’t as easily kite out of your circles. This would also affect the trait “Gale Song”. Aftershock’s cooldown is now 35 seconds.

4. Warhorn Skills: Heat Sync’s cooldown is now 15 seconds. Wild Fire applies 2 burning stacks for 6 seconds per pulse. Lightning Orb’s radius is now 450. Cyclone’s range is now 900, radius is 360. Dust Storm applies 2 seconds of blind in a 1 sec interval.

5. Overloads: Overload Fire now applies 2 burn for 5 seconds in a 1 sec interval. Overload Water is now a water field. Overload Air’s Static Charge now ensures your next 3 hits deliver a lightning strike (buffed from next 1 attack). Hardy Conduit applies 4 seconds of protection (buffed from 3) so it now completely overlaps the overload.

and make healbots immortal, yeah
firts changes have to be nerfing the heal output or put the increase in a trait line that you can get those improvements to be a litle more resistant and farting hp at the same time

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

firts changes have to be nerfing the heal output or put the increase in a trait line that you can get those improvements to be a litle more resistant and farting hp at the same time

Most healbots run Elemental Bastion not Lucid Singularity. I don’t see how it would make them “immortal” unless you were joking. Elemental Bastion accounts for, like, 50% of your heals.

I like these changes. They don’t break eles and actually allow for more options to be used. For example, should I take Tempestuous Aria or Invigorating Torrents? The former will allow for more total heals and weakness application, but the latter promotes more dodging and way more condition cleansing.

Lucid Singularity will allow for shorter attunement holds, and will also be a viable option to take over Elemental Bastion. 99% of Tempests don’t even know Lucid Singularity exists.

I also think Latent Stamina should be buffed. Running auras per overload is already powerful. I think the endurance gained per vigor generation should be 25, not 10. It will promote a lot of dodging. Maybe even add a rune or some sigils to amplify the effect, and you’ll then have a high-dodge build. I agree that Tempest is underpowered, except for healbot of course. The other traits just seem like filler – they really need buffs to create build diversity.

in PvP

Posted by: Ialdir.8726

Ialdir.8726

Static Charge doesn’t CC at all, and the water field won’t stop overload water from being interrupted. And a moving water field is in no way overpowered, look no further than druid or warhorn on that fact. Moving water field wasn’t strong enough to make d/why meta.

Oh, my bad, you are right about the static charge of course. Nevertheless I do think that a moving water field is very strong (at no point I said it was overpowered), especially on an ele. And my point was more like that this buff will effect the tempest in general, and will most likely not focus on a stronger DPS ele, which is obviously your goal.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

Most healbots run Elemental Bastion not Lucid Singularity. I don’t see how it would make them “immortal” unless you were joking. Elemental Bastion accounts for, like, 50% of your heals.

I like these changes. They don’t break eles and actually allow for more options to be used. For example, should I take Tempestuous Aria or Invigorating Torrents? The former will allow for more total heals and weakness application, but the latter promotes more dodging and way more condition cleansing.

Lucid Singularity will allow for shorter attunement holds, and will also be a viable option to take over Elemental Bastion. 99% of Tempests don’t even know Lucid Singularity exists.

I also think Latent Stamina should be buffed. Running auras per overload is already powerful. I think the endurance gained per vigor generation should be 25, not 10. It will promote a lot of dodging. Maybe even add a rune or some sigils to amplify the effect, and you’ll then have a high-dodge build. I agree that Tempest is underpowered, except for healbot of course. The other traits just seem like filler – they really need buffs to create build diversity.

you said, more dodges, more condi cleansing and ….capability to kill== immortality again. now you can kill before your oponent finds kitten in your high defenses

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Fresh air is horrible for the game. It is huge instant spikes with no visual tell and the burst is instant. It should not be viable.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Fresh air is horrible for the game. It is huge instant spikes with no visual tell and the burst is instant. It should not be viable.

Never thought I’d agree with him but…yeah Fresh Air is bad design and I’m saying this as ele main, all insta dmg crap with no tell must go, we should not rely on a gimmick to make a burst ele, the trait is simply cancer…just not as much cancer as other crap currently ( skull grinder – dh – berseker GS burst – dodgemancer as most cancerous elements atm in GW2)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

lol this^^

they would have to nerf ele dmg if they buffed FA….

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Poelala.2830

There’s this cool thing in the game called thief. You didn’t seem to know they existed. It’s cool.

in PvP

Poelala.2830

Never thought I’d agree with him but…yeah Fresh Air is bad design and I’m saying this as ele main, all insta dmg crap with no tell must go, we should not rely on a gimmick to make a burst ele, the trait is simply cancer…just not as much cancer as other crap currently ( skull grinder – dh – berseker GS burst – dodgemancer as most cancerous elements atm in GW2)

“Spikes with no tell”
“Cancer”
Tell me. Have you legitimately EVER been more afraid of an amazing scepter ele than you were of a pulm d/p thief? Ever? And you complain that fresh air gives the player too much instant high non visual damage. Let’s look. Lightning strike has a 4 sec cooldown and does 654 damage with 2050 power. The trait also named Lightning Strike does 510 damage when you swap to air. Is this… what you call too much burst? Is this what you worry about? Any other skills that do high damage are not a benefit of fresh air, or they’re easy to see. And when you say that this must go, it’s already gone and has been for years now.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

“Spikes with no tell”
“Cancer”
Tell me. Have you legitimately EVER been more afraid of an amazing scepter ele than you were of a pulm d/p thief? Ever? And you complain that fresh air gives the player too much instant high non visual damage. Let’s look. Lightning strike has a 4 sec cooldown and does 654 damage with 2050 power. The trait also named Lightning Strike does 510 damage when you swap to air. Is this… what you call too much burst? Is this what you worry about? Any other skills that do high damage are not a benefit of fresh air, or they’re easy to see. And when you say that this must go, it’s already gone and has been for years now.

Imbalance is created when one profession can effectively cover more than one role at any given time.

I don’t deny the power of pulmonary impact but remember that thief got nothing other than burst role therefore before making a high tier burst ele build we must make sure that current high tier burst builds receive some other kind of buff to cover different roles.

We need to be careful with buffing the burst aspect of the ele because the support nature of the ele is ingrained into the design, anything you do..you support others.

Would ele be a class where you can either support or burst…then it would not be as hard to buff it.

The way tempest is, a burst role would catapult ele into the realm of the gods. When you balance a MMO , you must take in consideration different scenarios : like PvE, PvP and RvR and the last thing we want is more skill splitting that kills all the fun in the game.

I’m 100% behind giving ele a high tier burst build….but not to tempest, for me the ideal scenario would be a new elite that lacks the support tools of tempest, so that people won’t stack ele in soloq when next round of elites comes.

Once we have that, we can change Fresh Air, change its gimmick nature : spamming a passive trait is no way fun to fight at all; ofc all other professions have their fair share of passive crap that should be removed also..but promoting even more the power creep we have now would simply aggravate the situation.

Now if I have to give an honest review of your changes:

1) Good, quite good 100% agree

2)-3) Vastly OP, we’re talking about shouts that can target other allies, can you imagine stacked eles using “Eye of the storm” ; some eles with additional support coming from others may decide to drop Invigorating Torrent for more heal spam on point with the reduced CD on shout plus might and weakness..actually the support now would be even better than having simple regen+vigor, now you’re actively increasin your team dmg while reducing enemy dmg…..plus you still aoe protection everybody

4) Warhorn would still be bad , you didn’t tackle main problem : very slow activation- long after cast; the blind on dust storm not enough, the skill should remove 2 condis also…or add resistance..or just last 10s ( for god sake you’re facetanking others..on an ele, we need better defense than blind)

5) Wouldn’t mind but don’t see that much of an improvement, yes a buff but nothing to jump out

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Poelala.2830

“Spikes with no tell”
“Cancer”

Imbalance is created when one profession can effectively cover more than one role at any given time.

I don’t deny the power of pulmonary impact but remember that thief got nothing other than burst role therefore before making a high tier burst ele build we must make sure that current high tier burst builds receive some other kind of buff to cover different roles.

We need to be careful with buffing the burst aspect of the ele because the support nature of the ele is ingrained into the design, anything you do..you support others.

Would ele be a class where you can either support or burst…then it would not be as hard to buff it.

The way tempest is, a burst role would catapult ele into the realm of the gods. When you balance a MMO , you must take in consideration different scenarios : like PvE, PvP and RvR and the last thing we want is more skill splitting that kills all the fun in the game.

I’m 100% behind giving ele a high tier burst build….but not to tempest, for me the ideal scenario would be a new elite that lacks the support tools of tempest, so that people won’t stack ele in soloq when next round of elites comes.

Once we have that, we can change Fresh Air, change its gimmick nature : spamming a passive trait is no way fun to fight at all; ofc all other professions have their fair share of passive crap that should be removed also..but promoting even more the power creep we have now would simply aggravate the situation.

Now if I have to give an honest review of your changes:

1) Good, quite good 100% agree

2)-3) Vastly OP, we’re talking about shouts that can target other allies, can you imagine stacked eles using “Eye of the storm” ; some eles with additional support coming from others may decide to drop Invigorating Torrent for more heal spam on point with the reduced CD on shout plus might and weakness..actually the support now would be even better than having simple regen+vigor, now you’re actively increasin your team dmg while reducing enemy dmg…..plus you still aoe protection everybody

4) Warhorn would still be bad , you didn’t tackle main problem : very slow activation- long after cast; the blind on dust storm not enough, the skill should remove 2 condis also…or add resistance..or just last 10s ( for god sake you’re facetanking others..on an ele, we need better defense than blind)

5) Wouldn’t mind but don’t see that much of an improvement, yes a buff but nothing to jump out

You’re so very wrong about burst tempest. Not everything we do helps allies, especially not with my traits and shouts. With tempest, the reason WHY burst is so impossible is because there’s such a dichotomy between burst and support. It’s impossible to do both, and that’s why s/f tempest is such a free and easy kill. I run gale song on my burst tempest, and I never see any improvement in team play. 3 extra seconds on others is not that powerful at all. The skill has a 40 sec cooldown. When traited, it would have a 32 second cooldown. That is not spammable. And the hilarious dream of stacked eles with high quickness is as laughable as saying that mesmers will stack full wells for high alacrity uptime. Also, my warhorn buffs were very good because it matches the playstyle of warhorn. Warhorn is not focus, or dagger. It’s warhorn. It’s supposed to be different. And the slow cast after long cast time is imperative for its design. Imagine an instacast orb that is 5x as fast as it is now. QQ for days on the forums. Also, aoe protection is impossible for eye of the storm because it has no aura.

in PvP

Posted by: Potato.2567

Potato.2567

Tempest in general is a terrible, terrible design! ArenaNet should make an exception for Elementalists and allow them to be viable without their specialization!

Wahoo! Bye Frands!

RIP Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: BeLZedaR.4790

BeLZedaR.4790

Lightning Orb’s radius is now 450

Uhh you realize that a radius of 450 would make it the size of a capture point pretty much? O_O

However I don’t think FA ele needs any buff before support ele gets nerfed, because buffing ele and having support (already broken) buffed in a mistake as a result is not something I want to see.

Make condi rev great again.
Top 25 solo condi rev S7

in PvP

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Uhh you realize that a radius of 450 would make it the size of a capture point pretty much? O_O

Hey, if traps can be the size of a capture point, so can basic attacks!

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

People arguing against buffs are obviously people who have never played ele and don’t realize how any of the traits work. You do realize that DPS ele uses NONE of the same traits as support ele right? Same stupid arguments from the same ignorant people from back when they thought classes could have 30/30/30/30/30 builds. If you take one set of traits and utilities, you can’t take the other. why is that so hard for some people to grasp? Buffing DPS ele would in no way at all affect support ele. It would just add another different build. Do I have to draw you a chart or use little puppets for you to grasp this simple concept?

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

This is only noticable if you run a berzerker amulet, which is not practical in higher tiers. Bad design? probably but the fact that the damage is instant and fresh air ele is still not considered meta says something IMO.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Balian.5314

Balian.5314

Oh it’s ‘Poe-all classes are OP except ele-lala’! Rofl!

Nope. Ele OP~ Needs nerf~

in PvP

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

It’s one of those irregular sort of words:

I’m playing well and deserve my rank.

You are passable, but your build helps carry you.

They are an OP class abusing bad design.

in PvP

Poelala.2830

Hey, if traps can be the size of a capture point, so can basic attacks!

You do realize that since orb is moving, it allows all attacks from it to be evaded with using only 1 evade and normal running speed against the orb’s trajectory. Just 1 evade.

in PvP

Poelala.2830

People arguing against buffs are obviously people who have never played ele and don’t realize how any of the traits work. You do realize that DPS ele uses NONE of the same traits as support ele right? Same stupid arguments from the same ignorant people from back when they thought classes could have 30/30/30/30/30 builds. If you take one set of traits and utilities, you can’t take the other. why is that so hard for some people to grasp? Buffing DPS ele would in no way at all affect support ele. It would just add another different build. Do I have to draw you a chart or use little puppets for you to grasp this simple concept?

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 you took the words right out of my brain

in PvP

Poelala.2830

Ele is not at all OP. Let’s look at thief. Their primary role is to decap and play nodes like chess and +1 like a champion. They do this so well that a good game for them is a 20:<2 k:d, or something of the same ratio. They can do this all alone if they so please. Let’s look at Druid, they’re the sustain/dps gods. No class can do what they can do when it comes to both sustaining and doing great damage. Not Scrapper, not Ele. Let’s look at scrapper and their insane boons and high ability to reset. Let’s look at war. Tanky bursty kittens whose only weakness is kiting, which very few classes can do effectively. Now, let’s look at ele. All burst/condi builds are unviable and there’s really, realistically 1 viable build on ele. Boring water/earth/tempest d/f auramancer. They can do no damage, they can heal sure, but if focused, they’re dead. They are effectively only useful in group situations. I’d be fine with this if it weren’t the only viable Ele build. They cannot 1v1 nor can take well coordinated bursts like scrapper, war, and druid can. If most players knew ele like most players know war, eles would die in every scenario with an equal skill basis. An ele’s ONLY role is to +1. They can’t even bunker anymore. Let’s look at thief again, their role is to +1 and decap. See what I mean now?

in PvP

Posted by: Balian.5314

Balian.5314

Ele is not at all OP. Let’s look at thief. Their primary role is to decap and play nodes like chess and +1 like a champion. They do this so well that a good game for them is a 20:<2 k:d, or something of the same ratio. They can do this all alone if they so please. Let’s look at Druid, they’re the sustain/dps gods. No class can do what they can do when it comes to both sustaining and doing great damage. Not Scrapper, not Ele. Let’s look at scrapper and their insane boons and high ability to reset. Let’s look at war. Tanky bursty kittens whose only weakness is kiting, which very few classes can do effectively. Now, let’s look at ele. All burst/condi builds are unviable and there’s really, realistically 1 viable build on ele. Boring water/earth/tempest d/f auramancer. They can do no damage, they can heal sure, but if focused, they’re dead. They are effectively only useful in group situations. I’d be fine with this if it weren’t the only viable Ele build. They cannot 1v1 nor can take well coordinated bursts like scrapper, war, and druid can. If most players knew ele like most players know war, eles would die in every scenario with an equal skill basis. An ele’s ONLY role is to +1. They can’t even bunker anymore. Let’s look at thief again, their role is to +1 and decap. See what I mean now?

Other classes have pretty much only 1 viable build to play in this meta as well. Same traitlines as well.

All other classes weak except Ele too OP!!!!!!

Ele needs rebalancing! Nerf the healing! Waaaaaaaah~

Sounds familiar eh~

(edited by Balian.5314)

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

why would you buff tempest to make fresh air viable?
tempest is an elite spec
address core class mechanics and traits otherwise espec 2 ele FA will not be viable anyway and you’ll end up with overbuffed tempest

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

This is only noticable if you run a berzerker amulet, which is not practical in higher tiers. Bad design? probably but the fact that the damage is instant and fresh air ele is still not considered meta says something IMO.

On a light golem air attunement hits for about 1.4k on critical, I’d hardly call it huge instant damage spike, even throwing in lightning strike you only add 2.1k onto that. So people are complaining about 3.5k hits in marauder…..

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

If you buff shouts with 20% CD, it might allow more offensive builds. It will reduce healing/support and create a more viable hybrid.
Rest should be focused on base traits of course. Lots of traits need love. Fire on top. Focusing so much on air for FA ele doesn´t make me happy but better then nothing …
My warrior hits for 7+ and 10+ in zerker(single hits not multiple) :-/. So yea huge ele damage. Air overlaod if not interrupted hitting multiple targets on point is great but if that happens its a blowout due to bad oponent …

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Poelala.2830

why would you buff tempest to make fresh air viable?
tempest is an elite spec
address core class mechanics and traits otherwise espec 2 ele FA will not be viable anyway and you’ll end up with overbuffed tempest

The title was supposed to be “5 buffs to tempest to make fresh air tempest viable” but that was too long. At any rate, buffing 1v1 builds for a conquest game is a waste of time. 1v1 builds are to 1v1, not anything else. That’s why staff thief can beat any and every class it comes across but everyone uses d/p shortbow in legendary play. I wanted fresh air tempest to be viable so things like overload air and lightning orb can make a real impact on the battlefield compared to how it is now, to both push it out of utter unviability and push it out of the 1v1 build hole it’s(fresh air ele) been in forever now.

in PvP

Poelala.2830

Other classes have pretty much only 1 viable build to play in this meta as well. Same traitlines as well.

All other classes weak except Ele too OP!!!!!!

Ele needs rebalancing! Nerf the healing! Waaaaaaaah~

Sounds familiar eh~

It’s not to the extent that ele lacks build diversity. Ele’s only viable build is auramancer and its submeta build is the s/f water/arcane/air build, which is a 1v1 build. Being a 1v1 build, it makes it non optimal and almost useless for the conquest scene.

in PvP

Poelala.2830

On a light golem air attunement hits for about 1.4k on critical, I’d hardly call it huge instant damage spike, even throwing in lightning strike you only add 2.1k onto that. So people are complaining about 3.5k hits in marauder…..

Exactly. I think people are so infatuated with the idea of support ele, and so ignorant of the idea of a burst ele that any burst build for ele would seem overpowered and they’d make any excuse to try to shoot it down.

in PvP

Nikkinella.8254

Other classes do more damage than that with auto attacks using defensive amulets. and that’s our “burst” on a DPS amulet, haha!

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Other classes do more damage than that with auto attacks using defensive amulets. and that’s our “burst” on a DPS amulet, haha!

Our unavoidable and massive damage I’ve heard people call it, biggest joke on the PvP forum is thieves complaining about that.

Sadly FA isn’t likely to be viable for a long time as other classes either do it better, do way more fast damage or are much more mobile to withdraw. Pulmonary Impact doesn’t help either when attacks have fairly long casts on scepter.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Exactly. I think people are so infatuated with the idea of support ele, and so ignorant of the idea of a burst ele that any burst build for ele would seem overpowered and they’d make any excuse to try to shoot it down.

People are not infatuated with support ele…I’m just trying to use hard logic here looking at past balance iterations.

It would be wise to give first a viable support build to other professions with the introduction of new elites from there we finally give ele a viable burst build.

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Nikkinella.8254

Our unavoidable and massive damage I’ve heard people call it, biggest joke on the PvP forum is thieves complaining about that.

Sadly FA isn’t likely to be viable for a long time as other classes either do it better, do way more fast damage or are much more mobile to withdraw. Pulmonary Impact doesn’t help either when attacks have fairly long casts on scepter.

Funny thing is PI does more damage than scepter burst does, and triggers off auto attacks. So its not like you even have to intelligently time PI to do damage. You can just spam it and its inevitable that you interrupt something and trigger it. But then people argue “oh but you have DT and Phoenix!”. If you get hit by those, you deserve it because you weren’t paying attention. And its not like DT is even good at all even if you do manage to find someone bad enough to get hit by it. Oh a 5k hit that hangs in the air for 3 seconds and you can literally walk out of and dont even have to waste endurance dodging. So scary! So OP!

in PvP

Sarrs.4831

The title was supposed to be “5 buffs to tempest to make fresh air tempest viable” but that was too long. At any rate, buffing 1v1 builds for a conquest game is a waste of time. 1v1 builds are to 1v1, not anything else. That’s why staff thief can beat any and every class it comes across but everyone uses d/p shortbow in legendary play.

okay but why tempest FA

I wanted fresh air tempest to be viable so things like overload air and lightning orb can make a real impact on the battlefield compared to how it is now, to both push it out of utter unviability and push it out of the 1v1 build hole it’s(fresh air ele) been in forever now.

firstly that’s absurd, overload air has an impact on the battlefield

secondly, shoehorning lightning orb into an FA build is bad

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Poelala.2830

The title was supposed to be “5 buffs to tempest to make fresh air tempest viable” but that was too long. At any rate, buffing 1v1 builds for a conquest game is a waste of time. 1v1 builds are to 1v1, not anything else. That’s why staff thief can beat any and every class it comes across but everyone uses d/p shortbow in legendary play.

okay but why tempest FA

I wanted fresh air tempest to be viable so things like overload air and lightning orb can make a real impact on the battlefield compared to how it is now, to both push it out of utter unviability and push it out of the 1v1 build hole it’s(fresh air ele) been in forever now.

firstly that’s absurd, overload air has an impact on the battlefield

secondly, shoehorning lightning orb into an FA build is bad

I multiclass now because ele is terrible at the moment and as someone with thousands of games that isn’t ele, the biggest thing I worry about when I see an enemy ele’s lightning overload on a node is the shocking aura they get from the trait. Look at it this way. There’s 1 viable build on ele, which is bunker, so their overload air does very little damage, so you don’t have to worry about it. The hopeful eles that run dps amulets and fresh air overload air spam die almost instantaneously (unless they’re invuln) in a mid fight. I want overload air to have a real impact, not 3k damage over the course of 5 seconds on the battlefield, especially when you can simply walk out of the overload or interrupt the overload. Also, why is bringing lightning orb into fresh air a bad idea, exactly? Good AoE cleave damage, hard to see, impossible to stop, easily evaded, with my buffs lightning orb may actually be worth swapping to warhorn.

in PvP

Poelala.2830

People are not infatuated with support ele…I’m just trying to use hard logic here looking at past balance iterations.

It would be wise to give first a viable support build to other professions with the introduction of new elites from there we finally give ele a viable burst build.

That’s… illogical. What exactly will the game lose with 1 more build to elementalist? The game lost nothing when the necro meta shifted to power. Should we have other professions a condi build before allowing necro a power build? What sense could that even make? As it stands right now, ele is the only, let me repeat that, ONLY class in the game without a single damage build, more specifically, a power build.

in PvP

Poelala.2830

With this post I’m attempting to give FA tempest a spot as the AoE burst cleaver of the battlefield, a unique role which is close to necro, but it’s at a larger range which makes it even more unique and healthy.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The game lost nothing when the necro meta shifted to power.

The necro meta never shifted to power. The metabattle staff is just being dense.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Poelala.2830

The necro meta never shifted to power. The metabattle staff is just being dense.

I’m inclined to disagree I see SO many more power necros with power boonstrip than I do condi necros.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

I’m inclined to disagree I see SO many more power necros with power boonstrip than I do condi necros.

You see more power necros because it was posted to metabattle and the lemmings don’t know any better.

Power boonstrip has less boon removal than condi, significantly less dps, and is easier to counter. The only redeeming quality is that it has decent LF gain.

The only reason it’s listed as meta is because Nos streamed himself playing it.

YouTube

in PvP

Poelala.2830

You see more power necros because it was posted to metabattle and the lemmings don’t know any better.

Power boonstrip has less boon removal than condi, significantly less dps, and is easier to counter. The only redeeming quality is that it has decent LF gain.

That may be true, but even in higher tiers of pvp like legendary, NA and EU alike, power boonstrip has been seen to be more powerful and harder to counter than condi necro. Anyway, let’s end this tangent here and stick to the topic at hand.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Actually it is because it is a better build for solo play than the condi build.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Actually it is because it is a better build for solo play than the condi build.

It’s a good build only wen the follow two criteria area met:
1) The necro has a skill advantage over his opponents
2) The opposing team doesn’t have any support classes.

I tried to make it work but it just falls apart against good opponents or against support. I did a few matches against tabernacos’s ele and the build couldn’t even apply enough damage to make him dodge.

YouTube

in PvP

Poelala.2830

Please, let’s end this tangent here. Conversations on necromancer should be held in a different thread or personally in PMs or in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Generally speaking improving tempest as dps is complicated and this elite spec works only if you have healing power. Mender/Magi (sage is horrible as far as ele condi are great as burn DH so nope) are mandatory. So if tempest ele use marauder or anything else there is no benefit from elite spec at all and you drop your survival rate to 0%. WHY!? Everyone else in this game can use marauder and have some benefit because their class mechanics and HoT gave them blocks, more dodges, blinds, stability, steath…you name it. Ele is denied every single dps amulet out there with he’s passive traits that work only when somebody hits you, easily removable protection., obsidian flesh, mist form (with forever cooldown). Only projectile hate is good but who cares about DH?

Even new mechanics suck. Warhorn is slow, force you to face tank everything and it’s hard to read on some skills if hit something or not. Overloads are slow dps that you have to channel so everything can easily interrupt you (you can always sacfrice armor of earth but it’s stupid waste.) Even if you succeed enemy just need to doge out or walk out of aoe.

But more problematic thing is that generally tempest traits benefit or need to work traits from earth and water. Ele survivability is already low in current meta and taking air is making it even worse.

In the topic non of these changes will change anything.

Changes that would benefit FA are:

1. Amulet with both toughness and healing power like this 1000 power/1000 precision/500 healing power/500 thougness.
2.Give ele more hard damge migration – that means a lots of reworks and our dev is to lazy about those things.
3. Nerf everything in pvp and I don’t see that happen and personally I don’t want to.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Sarrs.4831

I multiclass now because ele is terrible at the moment and as someone with thousands of games that isn’t ele, the biggest thing I worry about when I see an enemy ele’s lightning overload on a node is the shocking aura they get from the trait.

okay and? if the elementalist is sending the most important aura to their friends, a buff to their friends, and creating a damage zone, they are having an impact on the battlefield. it may not be the one you want but they’re having an impact

Look at it this way. There’s 1 viable build on ele, which is bunker, so their overload air does very little damage, so you don’t have to worry about it. The hopeful eles that run dps amulets and fresh air overload air spam die almost instantaneously (unless they’re invuln) in a mid fight.

which is simply a mistake in interpreting FA’s role in a fight. FA is there to duel and clear sidepoints. yeah, you blow up on midfights- you’re like a necromancer or a thief, trying to enter the center will just get you killed.

I want overload air to have a real impact, not 3k damage over the course of 5 seconds on the battlefield, especially when you can simply walk out of the overload or interrupt the overload.

overload air lasts longer than that, the total channel and pulse time is more like 8 seconds

Also, why is bringing lightning orb into fresh air a bad idea, exactly? Good AoE cleave damage, hard to see, impossible to stop, easily evaded, with my buffs lightning orb may actually be worth swapping to warhorn.

reread my first post.
because Fresh Air is not a Tempest thing.
it is a core elementalist thing.
tempest is an area control spec, shouts are area support tools, overloads are area control and support tools, warhorn is an area support weapon. Fresh Air is a single target spec designed to burst down individual targets.
trying to make Fresh Air viable through Tempest is like trying to fit a square peg through a round hole.
if you want to buff Fresh Air, buff the other core elementalist trait lines. particularly, play Arcane instead of Tempest.

Nalhadia – Kaineng