5 Warrior stacking Wins Everytime

in PvP

Posted by: Jubilant.7280

Jubilant.7280

Anet. You guys have been balancing professions for 4 years now. I know that you guys have your ups and downs, but there are some things you guys have been neglecting for a long while now. That is team stacking. Warrior is probably the best profession to play in ranked right now because of the ridiculous survivalbility, sustainability and damage they do. After playing and participating in three seasons, there were clear counters for each season and at least some professions were balanced, but this season, as a platinum player fighting against 5 warrior stacking, every time I see 3-5 warriors on the enemy team, I already expected a loss. So far, this expectation of losing against class stacking hasn’t surprised me. Every. Time. I like the rating system and I like the major rewards for the Pip system, but please fix this imbalance. At this rate, I might as well just play Warrior for the entire season and disregard any other profession.

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Jeff was talking about this on the stream, warrior has very few counters. Apparently power warrior is very good at high tiers not sure though.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

In solo Q warrior is a very strong allrounder. The only thing warrior is weak and usualy not build is support. It´s fast, hits hard and can´t be killed fast (burst resistant and condi imune) it´s the perfect lonestar hero… And if there is no team coordination it shines.

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Same reason why stacking DHs is OP – passives, heals and invoulns/blocks means that you need at least 30s to kill one of them in the perfect conditions, but at the same time they have so much damage you rarely survive that long. Power isnt really a counter nor is condi. Now stack 5 of them. They are essentially immortal.

TL;DR nerf healing signet + adrenal health

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

staff acrobat thief easily counters war. it is more and more popular on na.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

staff acrobat thief easily counters war. it is more and more popular on na.

Because Staff thief do the same thing and do better than warrior.
off & def in same time + huge aoe damage

in PvP

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

5 of anything is op….stop singling out warrior. They still get rekt by organized play…that’s the difference. The entire gamemode isn’t about 1 class defeating another in a fight…its about capping circles and killing pve creatures in tandem with 4 other players. You want them to drop everything and focus for balancing lower tier play? Cause that’s what needs to happen if a dev starts listening to you.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

5 warriors = free food.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

I’m not saying the warrior isnt strong, but what exactly changed from the last 2-3 seasons on warrior that made them this way? Warrior was 100% untouched from last season even and I dont think I saw a single warrior complaint thread before a week or so ago. I do play a warrior in pvp so maybe I am biased, but I would like to know what everyone else discovered this season that I have been missing? Is it the changes/ shaving down of other professions that made warriors stand out more?? I dont think it’s the amulets or runes they added. What is it?

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

in PvP

Posted by: Jubilant.7280

Jubilant.7280

When I meant 5 v 5, I meant as in you need at least 2 people to take down 1. And with the ridiculous amount of sustain and dps, it’s really difficult to do so. Furthermore, this is a conquest not a deathmatch, so if you have 1 warrior on each point requiring 2 other professions them down, you have two spare warriors that roam around. + The ludicrous stun duration and resistance pulsing makes them incredibly overpowered. And let me remind you, most people don’t have all of their professions unlocked and have mastered it. So you’re definitely going to get at least 1 or 2 professions that do not do well with warrior. Anet needs to take that into account and need to adjust the professions to either give sustain skills more cooldowns OR buff the other professions. Either way, Warrior is too overpowered right now and definitely needs a nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: BloodriverTim.2031

BloodriverTim.2031

I’m not saying the warrior isnt strong, but what exactly changed from the last 2-3 seasons on warrior that made them this way? Warrior was 100% untouched from last season even and I dont think I saw a single warrior complaint thread before a week or so ago. I do play a warrior in pvp so maybe I am biased, but I would like to know what everyone else discovered this season that I have been missing? Is it the changes/ shaving down of other professions that made warriors stand out more?? I dont think it’s the amulets or runes they added. What is it?

The other meta classes all took decent hits from the nerf bat… Warriors got a buff in that they didn’t get brought down. The bunker meta is more or less gone, so wars shine in offense as well as the offensive classes, and in defense as well as the bunkers do now. They have too much sustain for the damage that they put out.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

class stacking needs to be addressed and that means in general and not just warriors. Ive come across more stacked DH teams….in the whole of Season 5 ive yet to see a match that had 3 or more warriors on the same team. Where as its very very common to see 3 or more DH on the same team.

Im sure ANET has all the stats on this somewhere. I’d rather face stacked warriors than stacked DH with their point control/denial.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

The other meta classes all took decent hits from the nerf bat… Warriors got a buff in that they didn’t get brought down. The bunker meta is more or less gone, so wars shine in offense as well as the offensive classes, and in defense as well as the bunkers do now. They have too much sustain for the damage that they put out.

Not really, cc’s/blocks kill warriors. Someone skilled with a warrior is always gonna be tough, but then that’s goes for anyone.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Not really, cc’s/blocks kill warriors. Someone skilled with a warrior is always gonna be tough, but then that’s goes for anyone.

You can CC and block a warrior all you want – they’re still gonna regen 1000 hp/s.

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

You can CC and block a warrior all you want – they’re still gonna regen 1000 hp/s.

Looks like this is turning in to a “need to improve at PvP” thread. Yes warriors are tough, but every other week it’s guards are too tough. If you are better at your class than the other person playing the warrior you win. It is that simple.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

No one is complaining about Tempest stacking.
Not sure stacking 5 of the most unrewarding class to play would work well.

“Watch-out they’re all gonna cast that Warhorn skill that barely does 400 damage.”

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I wonder how all those top 15 players not playing warrior do it all the time?

Its like some crazy thing where you dodge the F1 skill and they cant heal.

Its this insane mechanic, or like blinding a warrior when he goes for a burst skill.

Also to the OP of the thread may i see a screen shot? Ive only seen one 3-4 warrior team this season and we lost.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

No one is complaining about Tempest stacking.
Not sure stacking 5 of the most unrewarding class to play would work well.

“Watch-out they’re all gonna cast that Warhorn skill that barely does 400 damage.”

Hey the 5 skill on fire does good condi damage if you sit in it buddy!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Its this insane mechanic, or like blinding a warrior when he goes for a burst skill.

Also to the OP of the thread may i see a screen shot? Ive only seen one 3-4 warrior team this season and we lost.

Because top players constantly face players waaaaay below their rating (sup half of LB is afk for season) so they just get easy farm most matches.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

You need a Doom Sigil son!

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Just burst out their endure pains, then burst past any regen.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Because top players constantly face players waaaaay below their rating (sup half of LB is afk for season) so they just get easy farm most matches.

I saw 2 this morning and marvin, wang and olrun play all day and night so just because some are doesnt mean all of them are. Got to blame Anet for the leader board.

Thats besides the point, i really dont understand these threads.

I mean 2 things happened in the patch to me that made a big difference. Obviously no team que and 2nd big one was the nerf to rev.

Rev is already one of the harder classes to master and Anet kind of destroyed rev for low-average level players. What ended up happening is Dh/warriors of either dps can now beat revs due to low dmg.

But there is still no reason a team with 3+ warriors should ever win a match. I would take a team of ele/ranger/engy- 2 dps against that comp any day.

Warriors do lots of damage against other players trying to do lots of damage, most of the damage is single target. You get 3 support characters that will constantly heal and warriors sustain will simple lose out every time.

I mean with Anet seeming to give up on the Pro Leagues which is unfortunate, alot of people dont get to see the simply counters to how to stop warriors.

I mean the comment above mine brought up a sigil and then necros is a big one but they need support. Like if we were to have a 5 vs 5 tournament next week, i probably wouldnt have a warrior on my team.

Its just really hard with solo/duo que and seeing all the crazy builds people are playing in ranked on top of the huge skill differences among players in the same match.

in PvP

Gwaihir.1745

Broke plat again; crapload of eles at least 3 every game. Annoying as hell. Going to bust out the power warrior and start locking them to hell.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Adrenal Health requires the F1 skill to successfully hit a target. So blinding/blocking/evading the F1s result in no adrenal health for the warrior.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Gwaihir.1745

Adrenal Health requires the F1 skill to successfully hit a target. So blinding/blocking/evading the F1s result in no adrenal health for the warrior.

With fast hands you can burst an insane amount of times. Its almost impossible to not land one of them considering theyre massive aoes and mace has a leap+interrupt.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

With fast hands you can burst an insane amount of times. Its almost impossible to not land one of them considering theyre massive aoes and mace has a leap+interrupt.

For some classes.

Dh are easily capable of shutting it out with their aegis and blind access. So can Mesmer’s and thieves.

Also poison is your friend.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

A dh can put up a formidable fight against a war, but the problem is if the warrior takes signet of might the dh has to be very very careful not to get hit by any of the big gs skills or otherwise it’s gg. And i don’t think there’s anything honestly wrong with that. It makes it for an exciting fight and you gotta pay attention to what the war is doing. I think the problem with warrior is mostly the double endure pain.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Kite.

See, some people only need bring patience to the game and you can watch a warrior go byebye.

If you’re burly and quick to action then, gg.

in PvP

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

I’m not saying the warrior isnt strong, but what exactly changed from the last 2-3 seasons on warrior that made them this way?

Big changes to amulets and support classes. 2-3 seasons ago supports ruled the day and the team with the most supports would just win teamfights. Also supports and team fighters would have tons of health and armor from tanky amulets, which combined with support let people absorb stuff like Warrior / DH / Thief burst and heal back up. Big team fighters like power warrior would also get shut down by spammed CC coming off of gyro explosions and random DH traps.

Now very few characters have any extra toughness (most run amulets with +560 vit and no toughness) and healing has been nerfed enough that you can’t just heal up the damage you take unreduced, so heavy hitters are killing people, and fast.

Same deal with the thief – a few patches ago it was pretty marginal since it couldn’t do anything in teamfights (no stability, got shut down by CC) and when rotating it would run into mesmer tanks that it couldn’t kill – they’d absorb the damage and heal back up before you could come back in again. Now they have toughness and have to spec into healing power to even try and heal back up, and can’t keep up. So what was a good matchup for the Mesmer a few patches ago, and a close matchup a patch ago, is now pretty favorable for the thief. Same with the revenant changes – beginning of last year revenant was nasty with tons of defense and sustain that thief couldn’t kill through, then ate nerfs that made the matchup favorable to thief if you could pick your windows right, to a gutting that makes revenant less of a threat and a pretty lopsided match-up for the thief.

So yeah, basically the defensive tools that stalled out and locked down the game got hammered, res control isn’t as crazy as it used to be, and classes that attack and kill stuff are way better now that we have an environment where people die.

in PvP

Gwaihir.1745

Its literally burst→ wep swap → repeat the entire zerk mode. High tiers only a thief stands the smallest chance of escaping that by running away.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Pretty easy for bunker buster necro to outDPS that.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

A dh can put up a formidable fight against a war, but the problem is if the warrior takes signet of might the dh has to be very very careful not to get hit by any of the big gs skills or otherwise it’s gg. And i don’t think there’s anything honestly wrong with that. It makes it for an exciting fight and you gotta pay attention to what the war is doing. I think the problem with warrior is mostly the double endure pain.

DH is really the only reason warriors are running signet of might at all. its a utility designed to counter 1 specific class. you dodge for 6 seconds and its almost like magic no more signet of might. i know you would rather nerf a class than try to get better at the game. but go try to play warrior for a bit IN HIGH TIER PLAY. its a noob stomper. landing headbutt on skilled players is not easy.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Just so ppl don’t forget warriors AH was already nerfed in the july balance patch by 10% in pvp. Also warriors Longbow burst skill doesn’t require a target to trigger AH.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

DH is really the only reason warriors are running signet of might at all. its a utility designed to counter 1 specific class. you dodge for 6 seconds and its almost like magic no more signet of might. i know you would rather nerf a class than try to get better at the game. but go try to play warrior for a bit IN HIGH TIER PLAY. its a noob stomper. landing headbutt on skilled players is not easy.

I imagine you must have been replying to someone else given that your answer has nothing to do with what i suggested. Or at least, i hope so.