5 man ranked Q's?

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

Something has to be done with the current ranked Q system. Or individual players. Idk. These past few days after having returned to pvp I’ve had mostly good matches but every so often there’s afkers,DC’s,or just straight up telling the team they do not want to play.

It’s extremely frustrating when people in your team is litterally throwing matches and don’t give kitten about improving themselves or at least ride it out if the match goes so horribly wrong.

I’m trying to better myself each match,I’m analyzing myself and my team after every match (and even during) constantly. I’m trying to improve,contrary to some other players out there…It’s annoying when you’ve won 3 matches just to lose 1 because of some kitten player afking and making us all lose rating. I win 3 matches,I lose 1 and find myself back at start. Making it nearly impossible to climb out of a bracket.

-Would it be possible to give us the 5 man ranked Q’s back? I enjoyed it when I could run a full guild team and actually play with people I knew could play seriously.

Are there some interest in this?

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Posted by: Kaburro.4712

Kaburro.4712

in my guild we have created some pvp teams, mostly to have some fun and introduce new commers to pvp. monday is dedicated to pvp, so I don’t play ranked on Monday cos we are only allowed in unranked… but… rest of the days we meet anyway on discord and do some matches, since we are allways more than 2.. guess what? We play unranked

And to be honest I find unranked matches more fun to play (but that’s maybe because I’m playing a casual game with my mates)

solo/duo queue was the worst decision taken by anet for long time. worst than this broken leaderboard/point/placement system.

(edited by Kaburro.4712)

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

+1 having something for full teams would be great. Solo/duo is grating sometimes.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

insaneseagull.7063

in my guild we have created some pvp teams, mostly to have some fun and introduce new commers to pvp. monday is dedicated to pvp, so I don’t play ranked on Monday cos we are only allowed in unranked… but… rest of the days we meet anyway on discord and do some matches, since we are allways more than 2.. guess what? We play unranked

And to be honest I find unranked matches more fun to play (but that’s maybe because I’m playing a casual game with my mates)

solo/duo queue was the worst decision taken by anet for long time. worst than this broken leaderboard/point/placement system.

yeah,Unranked is fine and all. But I want to progress,as well as some friends of mine and it’s annoying that we can’t play together in ranked Q. We are playing pvp to get better,climb up and have fun.

Unranked Q is just fun.

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

I would be interested in a separate 5-man ranked queue in addition to the current ranked queue, but I would not be interested in returning to endless pug vs. premade matches.

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Kaburro.4712

yeah,Unranked is fine and all. But I want to progress,as well as some friends of mine and it’s annoying that we can’t play together in ranked Q. We are playing pvp to get better,climb up and have fun.

Unranked Q is just fun.

I know mate, I also prefer ranked over unranked. But I gave up asking to bring back 5 man Q.
GW2 is not my full time job, I play to spend time with my friends, if I can’t do it in ranked I will do it in unranked.
I will not go ranked alone if I can have a good time in unranked with 4 or 5 friends. Thats it.
I have my achievs, my wings, my title… there is not enough reasons to make me think other way.

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

Unranked Q is just fun.

I know mate, I also prefer ranked over unranked. But I gave up asking to bring back 5 man Q.
GW2 is not my full time job, I play to spend time with my friends, if I can’t do it in ranked I will do it in unranked.
I will not go ranked alone if I can have a good time in unranked with 4 or 5 friends. Thats it.
I have my achievs, my wings, my title… there is not enough reasons to make me think other way.

This. Anet needs to read this! It’s exactly the reason for players to leave PvP! Okay there’s also hardcore PvP players who were after the money. But that gone, why not focus on giving players what they want? Good time with friends! No one of my friends want to play PvP anymore because of duoQ. We were playing every day on S1 to S4. Then… Boom! You know what happened. They all still play PvE and WvW couple times of week. But not as often as they used to.

pvp isnt fun anymore. And thats what this game should be. Social fun game!

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The reason they made it solo/duo-queue was because too many people were complaining about getting wrecked by ‘premades’, instead of getting friends and allies they were able to coordinate and play with.

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Posted by: Crusader.5497

Crusader.5497

I completely agree, I find the matchmaking very unsatisfying and I would much rather have a premade team.

The reason they made it solo/duo-queue was because too many people were complaining about getting wrecked by ‘premades’, instead of getting friends and allies they were able to coordinate and play with.

Then let premade 5 play against premade 5 only. What’s the problem with that?

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I completely agree, I find the matchmaking very unsatisfying and I would much rather have a premade team.

Then let premade 5 play against premade 5 only. What’s the problem with that?

Intolerably long queue times, and you’re fighting the same teams all the time.

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

Duo q is the dumbest move ever. Pvp is dead already may as well let us ranked 5 q and only match solo q with solo q. Who cares about q time, we can q outside of mists for kitten sake.

Cannot be competitive when you can’t even q a full team in ranked pretty much guarantee 1 or more of your 3 team mates are going to be trash imho

(edited by Rukia.9860)

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

Game needs a competitive full team mode, but this is not ranked, ranked is for personal ranking, and playing ranked in full team or duo or other partial team hides your personal rank in a sort of “team rank”.
ranked should stay solo q(not duo)

full team competive mode should rank full teams, not individuals. if population cant suport permanent team mode it should be seasonal leagues or competitive events to concentrate team players in a “short” time lapse

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Interesting suggestion. We’ll need at least a year to consider and plan the implementation of this. /anet

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Ah OP I feel for you, you still hold the hope that they care enough to keep and foster a competitive team gamemode, which has been dismantled into a yolo queue that has made a mockery of anything competitive.

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

insaneseagull.7063

Game needs a competitive full team mode, but this is not ranked, ranked is for personal ranking, and playing ranked in full team or duo or other partial team hides your personal rank in a sort of “team rank”.
ranked should stay solo q(not duo)

full team competive mode should rank full teams, not individuals. if population cant suport permanent team mode it should be seasonal leagues or competitive events to concentrate team players in a “short” time lapse

But,on the other side,how it works now doesn’t fully represent your own skill. I get why the change was made,hell,I even voted SoloQ and not Duo because of that very reason. That ranked should reflect your own achievements.

Here’s the thing though,there are players who Q up for ranked just for the sake of dailies,which they can go to unranked for since most of those rarely play the class that has the daily.
Then there’s the players who Q up for ranked who are never in the wrong according to themselves,they’re the masters and everyone else is trash.
Oh,and there’s also the ones who afk because things aren’t going their way.

Point being is,how the system works now,it litterally can’t show your own personal achievements because of the factors above ^ plus that there’s also 4 other people in the team. One person can’t carry a whole team if the enemy team is decent. Therefore,the ranked system will never truly show your own skill rating. It will always depend on your team,like it did,previously.

At least make it 3 man Q. This way you can actually (most likely) decide the outcome of your match yourself.

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

Interesting suggestion. We’ll need at least a year to consider and plan the implementation of this. /anet

Even though it was in the game already and they do the wrong ‘fix’ every time^_~

Instead of simply q solo with solo they remove the ability to actually be competitive by limiting q to 2 players.

Remove and re-add same functions multiple times genius tbh fam go ANet best designers NA

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Solo/duo queue was the worst decision taken by anet for long time. worst than this broken leaderboard/point/placement system.

Except it wasn’t down to Anet because it went to a vote by the players who were kittening about being killed by premades in ranked and listened to people like Helseth before he and his team ditched the game for Smite.

Anyone who disagreed was immediately shot down and jumped on with people crying and claiming all you wanted was to easily farm players and the notion of wanting to play PvP with friends and progress through ranked with them was universally ignored by said crying players.

If you want to avoid this kind of thing, vote next time….

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

insaneseagull.7063

Solo/duo queue was the worst decision taken by anet for long time. worst than this broken leaderboard/point/placement system.

Except it wasn’t down to Anet because it went to a vote by the players who were kittening about being killed by premades in ranked and listened to people like Helseth before he and his team ditched the game for Smite.

Anyone who disagreed was immediately shot down and jumped on with people crying and claiming all you wanted was to easily farm players and the notion of wanting to play PvP with friends and progress through ranked with them was universally ignored by said crying players.

I can’t remember if there even were a 3rd option. A option to vote neither Solo or Duo.

Wasn’t it basically an ultimatum? Either Solo or Duo?

5 man ranked Q's?

in PvP

Kaburro.4712

If I well remember the question was misleading.
And after the poll had closed people were complaining cos they voted for solo/duo thinking they were voting for two separated queues, one for 5 men other for solo/duo.
A lot of people asked if they could change their vote cos of that.

And to be honest I didn’t vote cos I only saw the post after it was closed (was fast, something like 8 days (8 days that decided the next years)).