5 man teams vs solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: orfeoulis.4325

orfeoulis.4325

Does this feel a bit unfair or it’s just me?

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

It’s not just you.

in PvP

Posted by: Espire.9723

Espire.9723

Does this feel a bit unfair or it’s just me?

A bit? Understatement of the year….

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

I had a match yesterday against an Apex Prime premade, and we were all solo que’rs.

Why does Anet even say they have “matchmaking” if this is possible?

Forget about the vastly different MMR…how can a 4-5 man premade with TS be matched with a bunch of solo-quers???

Matchmaking is either broke or severely flawed in design if this type of match is possible.

The game lasted just a couple minutes and was pointless for both sides. Mind you…it was during primetime when everybody is queing so there wasn’t a long wait or lack of players.

What properly designed system would create this match? Is there any player that would enjoy this match versus waiting a little longer in que for matchmaking?

in PvP

Posted by: Brazzi.2045

Brazzi.2045

gl reaching anything higher than amber without premade

in PvP

Posted by: YKN.4209

YKN.4209

This is hardly fair for a competitive game mode.
Solos should never fight premades.

What is the point of an individual position leaderboard if people are using premades to climb it?

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Why dont you just quit game unless you want to be brutally hunted by premade? premade will eat you at the end, and they will take legendary or whatever, just everything.

There are tons of other MMOs offering you 1vs1 duel or soloq. Quitting game will only change dev’s mind, I believe.

This is why you have to have another back-up MMO to simply ditch the game when you feel awful for any recent stupid update. And return back when it give you rational reason to play.

What you literally have to do is ditching the game but only complain in this forum until they do something lol

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: Mahkno.7593

Mahkno.7593

it’s pretty kitten frustrating for sure.

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Quitting game will only change dev’s mind, I believe.

This is why you have to have another back-up MMO to simply ditch the game when you feel awful for any recent stupid update. And return back when it give you rational reason to play.

What you literally have to do is ditching the game but only complain in this forum until they do something lol

I think Anet WANTS to do the right thing, but as we saw just a few months ago…there are clear bugs in matchmaking that they haven’t discovered internally for some reason.

They also made a really bad decision removing solo que. You can’t properly balance solo versus premade players when the MOST influential factor – whether the premade has teamspeak – is untrackable by the matchmaking.

They should have kept solo que if FAIRNESS was a priority. However, I think someone internally convinced them that an “algorithm” could solve the problems with too few people playing PvP to allow for both solo and team ques.

The real solution would have been to balance the game more often in PvP, so that players knew it was a priority and properly supported. Then it would have become popular enough to support solo and team que.

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

I’ve never had problem with this… this is a new thing, not so many 5 group team are good, they are just friends, or try to be good in the near future.
So please relax, only in 1-2 month there will be serious groups.. that’s my opinion.
Until then you can group up to, see how it goes. I want to try to group up to… my best in ranked arena since yesterday 8 win, 2 losses. ( when I/my team lost, we were about 10 points behind, and the second they’ve killed faster then us..literally… the fortress boss).
I play DH, who is interested to join/group up, or invite me in PvP guild message me!

Otto

in PvP

Posted by: orfeoulis.4325

orfeoulis.4325

Sharing some fun experience from today.

Solo + Solo + 3man vs 5 man. Intended I guess?

http://imgur.com/8ActYpP

in PvP

Posted by: Espire.9723

Espire.9723

You think this is bad?

http://imgur.com/a/nEqhh

in PvP

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

It’s about time they reinstate the Solo Queue, otherwise the entire PvP League is a farce. Yes, this likely means that Group Queue is going to face increased queue times again, but that is their problem, not that of the player that wishes to queue up alone and face people who queued up alone (which seems to be a majority in the gameā€”so how about you cater to the majority, ArenaNet, not just your e-sport puppies, or you will never pull of making the game proper e-sports as people are sick of being steamrolled and starts to hate on PvP instead of being engaged in- and excited to watch more of it when not playing. It’s not rocket science).

In no way should unfair matchups and basically steamroll wins with pre-made teams vs. solo queue’rs occur. That also includes 2-4 players queued together vs a team of all random solo players mind you. 3 grouped players can tip the balance more than enough versus a team of all randoms. If a group of randoms steam roll another group of randoms, that’s one thing. When a pre-made group makes you lose your Points (and/or Tiers), that just leaves a salty taste in your mouth.

Give us back Solo Queue!

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in PvP

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

Everyone told me in Unranked that it was fine for this to happen because it was Unranked etc. What they always failed to realize was that Unranked was a slightly lesser version of Ranked and that it would become the new Ranked with a few bells and whistles (Leagues).

I was already dismayed at fighting pre-mades, guild or not in Unranked, now this problem is just exacerbated due to Leagues.

But hey, e-sportzzz.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

it is fair.

my casual guild team of 5 get rekt by good 5 man pug teams every now and then.

the match making does a good job.

in PvP

Posted by: WatcherJason.2678

WatcherJason.2678

This is ruining my enjoyment of spvp… I just faced a 5 man premade (as solo queue) all from one guild is supposed to be fair?? The fact the game cant separate groups vs solo is illogical. For a game that claims to be “esports” its pathetic.

in PvP

Posted by: Junmoxiao.4879

Junmoxiao.4879

The sucess of LOL and Dota has proved Solo Queue is better than any else queue.Why anet prefer backward things?

in PvP

Posted by: Famine.3164

Famine.3164

Just made it to emerald with 4 losses total, and I solo qued every match. Met a few premades but only 1 loss.. So I haven’t had the issues many of you have had..

in PvP

Posted by: Izanagi.9830

Izanagi.9830

the great matchmaking system —-—>
http://abload.de/img/gw056hvun5.jpg

clap clap arenanet

oh i guess we dont have enought pvp players to make this matchmaking work , but they just said gw2 have over 3 mio+ players , i am just wondering where are the all? must be afk bots or farm bots…..

pvp in gw2 dead confirmed

(edited by Izanagi.9830)

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

You think this is bad?

http://imgur.com/a/nEqhh

God that’s disgusting really.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

The sucess of LOL and Dota has proved Solo Queue is better than any else queue.Why anet prefer backward things?

Arenanet always seems like they want to re-invent the wheel with the most basic systems. Like “all those others who already made basic features like ingame leaderboards, pvp seasons and reward systems, and most importantly basic queueing stuff didn’t know what they did so we’ll do something completely unique but probably worse in every way.”

Not having real solo queue is a game breaker for a lot of people over time.

Not being able to play the game (especially when you could pve and hotjoin for almost 2 years after launch) while waiting for a pvp queue is again a dealbreaker for a lot of people (me included) and extremely hurts the game’s stream watchability.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Arenanet always seems like they want to re-invent the wheel with the most basic systems. Like “all those others who already made basic features like ingame leaderboards, pvp seasons and reward systems, and most importantly basic queueing stuff didn’t know what they did so we’ll do something completely unique but probably worse in every way.”

Not having real solo queue is a game breaker for a lot of people over time.

Not being able to play the game (especially when you could pve and hotjoin for almost 2 years after launch) while waiting for a pvp queue is again a dealbreaker for a lot of people (me included) and extremely hurts the game’s stream watchability.

I said it on reddit but I’ll repeat it here Anet clearly always seem to think they know better and don’t have to go outside the company for ideas or advice. Its apparent with both WvW and sPvP.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro