56 of 100 Top sPvP players are Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

What’s the deal? 56% of the top 100 players are from the same server?

This also means, 29 out of the top 50 will have access to the custom arenas. 58%.

Thoughts?

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Anvil rock is the unofficial spvp server. Many of the people interested in Spvp flocked there and popularized it as so during the launch of the game and thus it has since become exactly that. That’s why

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

That’s my home server

I actually joined on an error. I thought they were the unofficial WvW server.

Best error I made. ( I don’t sPvP tho XD)

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

guest there, problem solved

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

guest there, problem solved

That wasn’t an option until after the great exodus of 2012.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

The ranking algorithm is messed up. I know someone who has done less than 25 matches and isn’t that great (I’ve personally watched him do sPvP and WvW for tens of hours), but because he wins most of them and is effectively carried by four others (who often sPvP together, whilst they don’t often sPvP with him), he somehow ranks in the top 150. Mind you, the four others that sPvP more than him are ranked quite a ways lower than he is. It’s really odd and illogical. They definitely need to tweak it a lot more.

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

first of all the qp top 50 will get custom arenas not the leaderboard top 50.
second, it doesnt mater which server ur on the pvp servers are global its only the heart of the mists that are seperate and ofcourse the NA and EU seperation….

aka Subl

in PvP

Posted by: Hadson.5024

Hadson.5024

Check eu ladder, which is 97% desolation

in PvP

Posted by: yungwizud.1827

yungwizud.1827

Everyone’s welcome to come to my home server! ^-^

in PvP

Posted by: Tonikor.5637

Tonikor.5637

Check eu ladder, which is 97% desolation

Actually its 60 players out of 100.

• Flies away *

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Guys top 50 QP not top 50 Lederborad

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Doesn’t matter, and you don’t need to guest there. sPvP is regional. Only the mists staging area is on your home server.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in PvP

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Doesn’t matter, and you don’t need to guest there. sPvP is regional. Only the mists staging area is on your home server.

This is correct. If someone on Anvil Rock hosts a custom arena, it will display for everyone.

in PvP

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

This is correct. If someone on Anvil Rock hosts a custom arena, it will display for everyone.

I learned something new today

I suppose these are ONLY for NA players then? So EU players can’t see hosted NA servers, right? and vice versa?

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

I suppose these are ONLY for NA players then? So EU players can’t see hosted NA servers, right? and vice versa?

that’s correct EU/Na are separate. But the Custom arenas are universal through all Hotm’s from every regional server . (region being eu/na).

In many ways it will be like current hotjoins.

in PvP

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

that’s correct EU/Na are separate. But the Custom arenas are universal through all Hotm’s from every regional server . (region being eu/na).

In many ways it will be like current hotjoins.

So, let’s say.

A Custom Arena Hosted by someone from NA, and it got spectator mode. Even if I play on EU, I can observe the match?

in PvP

Posted by: Furbs.9054

Furbs.9054

I thought it was well-known on this sub-forum that shortly post-release Anvil Rock became the unofficial gathering point for sPvPers on NA (with Desolation being the equivalent on EU).

This mostly developed because Heart of the Mists is frustratingly segregated by server, which means that sPvPers congregated on a single server to facilitate pre-made tourny formation and random PvP chatter.

Anvil Rock was a good a server as any for sPvPers to gather, considering some of the sPvP dedicated guilds who thought GW2 would actually have an e-sports scene (sigh) congregated on Anvil Rock.

As someone who came into this game almost exclusively for the sPvP, Anvil Rock was a good place to be a few months ago. Constant teams forming in Heart of the Mists, devs dropping by to talk shop, etc. It’s unfortunately not what it once was, but I still guest there now and then to try and get a premade going.

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

its more so furbs….that they expect gw2 to be an esport straight out of launch….while i am frustrated with the pace of pvp updates and lack of hard hitting changes to shake up meta and ignorance of public test servers because players > devs for testing.

Look at LoL the biggest by far esport game in the world atm….it took 2 years before it took off in the esport scene. There no reason 1 year from now….that gw2 competitive pvp scene wouldnt be thriving.