6 more months of Turrets spam

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Let us all celebrate how funny it is to play tower defense in GW2 yay !

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

As a condition ranger (sword+buffed torch/ short bow), I much rather fighting turret engi than fighting a pro celestial ele, which is ridiculously strong and survivable.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: truthishly.9513

truthishly.9513

Turrets are annoying, but they’re just that. The engi is fairly useless away from them, assuming he’s traited into turrets, so let him sit on point and go outnumber the rest of his team elsewhere, or send a good ranged or condi class to kill him. There are a lot more glaring issues in the current meta, and turret engi isn’t even in the discussion (or the meta, and for good reason).

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

As a condition ranger, I much rather fighting turret engi than fighting a pro celestial ele, which is ridiculously strong and survivable.

So true. I was playing turret engi last night and 1v1ing a condi ranger was brutal. I had to spend most of my time trying to avoid line of sight while holding the cap. How fast you can stack that bleed is insane. Although I will admit I was not using the melandru runes.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

As a condition ranger, I much rather fighting turret engi than fighting a pro celestial ele, which is ridiculously strong and survivable.

So true. I was playing turret engi last night and 1v1ing a condi ranger was brutal. I had to spend most of my time trying to avoid line of sight while holding the cap. How fast you can stack that bleed is insane. Although I will admit I was not using the melandru runes.

i’ll have to agree as well. turret engies are a l2p issue really. condis destroy them, but theyre also hardcountered by LB rangers. you can choose to destroy all the turrets from long range, or just get the engie to pop his defensive cd’s. most of the time as condi or LB, i’ll take down the rocket turret quickly and proceed to kill the engie himself.

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

You will start beating teams with Turret Engis when you activate your brain and stop feeding them in a 1v1.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Posted by: truthishly.9513

truthishly.9513

i’ll have to agree as well. turret engies are a l2p issue really. condis destroy them, but theyre also hardcountered by LB rangers. you can choose to destroy all the turrets from long range, or just get the engie to pop his defensive cd’s. most of the time as condi or LB, i’ll take down the rocket turret quickly and proceed to kill the engie himself.

Also pretty easy on mesmer, as long as there’s some room to kite. Feedback works really well on rocket turrets, and Warden is also very good against turret engis, especially if they’ve bunched all their turrets up together.

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

6 more months(probably a lot more) of me LIKING the fact that I can face turret engi’s and have easy wins as a result…

EDIT : Oh wait, you were sarcastic?
I am not being sarcastic.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

6 more months(probably a lot more) of me LIKING the fact that I can face turret engi’s and have easy wins as a result…

After 200 matches as Turret Engineer I can say, that majority of people in Ranked arena and obviously on forums who complain about this build, are autofollow bots.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I’m happy whenever enemy Engi is playing Turrent Engi > Celestial or Condi…

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Stygian.2135

Mister Stygian.2135

It takes all of five seconds to take out a turret engy with a mesmer GS. If you think a class is becoming a prevalent problem, play a counter.

in PvP

someone.7485

It takes all of five seconds to take out a turret engy with a mesmer GS. If you think a class is becoming a prevalent problem, play a counter.

That is a really bad engi then

in PvP

Mister Stygian.2135

They can move away, but their turrets that make them anything of a threat will die. They are sitting ducks, not threats. Range shatter is going to obliterate them in seconds even if you only auto attack with spacial surge. There a few control points where approach can be a problem, but you can still pop in and out of Los to hit them and get a beserker off.

(edited by Mister Stygian.2135)

in PvP

someone.7485

When I play turret engi I find I can survive against mesmers for quite some time simply by avoiding line of sight, dodging at the right times, and only going to the point if the mesmer decides to try a decap. Oh, and cc the mesmer every chance I get.

in PvP

Posted by: Thangorodrim.2748

Thangorodrim.2748

The fact that some classes can face only certain classes make the game boring if you are not playing with a competitive roster . Very sad balance .

in PvP

Posted by: Mouseheart.8672

Mouseheart.8672

Get your bunker warrior or guard in there. I’ve been playing a fairly bunker-ish warrior in the last couple of weeks, and even without all that offensive power I was surprised to see how the rocket turret felt like wet paper. I mean, couple of seconds of stability is all you need to make almost all skills and turrets of the turret engi completely useless.

Also, there is actually someone (hehe) playing turret engi who isn’t ashamed of it? What is wrong with people? What has the world come to? Seriously, human decency is dead. DEAD, I tell you.

Cool engineers don’t look at explosions.

in PvP

Posted by: Mouseheart.8672

Mouseheart.8672

Now, imagine if everything a turret does would actually trigger confusion for the engi. Now that would be hilarious.

Cool engineers don’t look at explosions.

in PvP

someone.7485

Get your bunker warrior or guard in there. I’ve been playing a fairly bunker-ish warrior in the last couple of weeks, and even without all that offensive power I was surprised to see how the rocket turret felt like wet paper. I mean, couple of seconds of stability is all you need to make almost all skills and turrets of the turret engi completely useless.

Also, there is actually someone (hehe) playing turret engi who isn’t ashamed of it? What is wrong with people? What has the world come to? Seriously, human decency is dead. DEAD, I tell you.

It makes people rage so hard, it truly is funny. I actually do not do full turrets, I use bomb kit for various reasons. I cannot stand the lack of skills on a regular turret engi. I do use pirate runes because I need the extra AI for making people rage. This does make condi damage extra painful.

The bomb kit is good cause you can use the sigil of energy and speedy kits (have to give up accelerant packed turrets for it). The smoke bomb can help you actually get off stomps. In addition, smoke bomb can be used to get stealth for a far push. Just put down healing turret, big ol’ bomb, smoke bomb, use jump shot, blow up healing turret, and activate rumble. 8s of stealth. You can use this stealth to escape as well if you get pushed hard. You have a fire field for getting might. Big ol’ bomb is good for rezzing, just put it down before you start the rez. Between the thumper turret, rifle-net shot, and big ol’ bomb it is great for decaping points.

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I was going to say the same thing. I guess it is just simpler to quote you and agree.

The fact that some classes can face only certain classes make the game boring if you are not playing with a competitive roster . Very sad balance .

Good thing it doesn’t exist then.

Certain professions builds are highly susceptible to certain builds on other professions. If you diversify from the meta, you may not have that problem. Then a different build entirely on the same profession or another may give you trouble. No profession innately defeats another. Builds may have innately stronger advantages though.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in PvP

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

6 more months… and then they will be flying, while the engie is stunning you with a hammer!

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in PvP

someone.7485

6 more months… and then they will be flying, while the engie is stunning you with a hammer!

I totally look forward to that

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

At least hammer stun will probably have a tell, rather than being completely untelegraphed.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Im sorry but when i get full groups of people we all like seeing turret engys. We target them in groups and we leave them alone on a point. Also our 3 best players witht here builds beat turret engys pretty easy. I feel for the new people coming in but id say 100% of the elite players entering these tourneys for money wish more people would play turret engy.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Ehhh the issue is just enemy has garanteed 1 point capped unless you happend to have staff ele on your team which will be probably farmed by everyone else on enemy team.

Also, the fact that you need multiple players to kill 1 engi or just have to ignore the point says a lot about the build.

I might not mind the build itself if it wasn’t so braindead and too rewarding… makes me wonder why even bother playing high risk classes?

Game should motivate player to become better and actively react in combat and not degenerate to afk botting playstyle but that’s my opinion…

After this game been for a while it is quite clear what balancing strategy anet is following (which is pretty much same for any gaming company out there)… they couldn’t care less that class/build XY is too strong/braindead and what not as long as they get their statistics right so i wouldn’t get any hopes for any engi nerfs for year or 2 at least~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Boggs.6482

Boggs.6482

This picture was taken from Noscoc’s stream.

’Nuff said. Balance this nonsense please.

Edit: This was a match between 4 top tier players + 1 dev vs 5 turret engis. I don’t recall the final score, but it was pretty close.

Attachments:

(edited by Boggs.6482)

in PvP

Posted by: Ekelon.7041

Ekelon.7041

I’ve faced a 5 turret engi team before. We destroyed them. Kill the engi and the turrets die with them.

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Its HOW you play the class, not WHAT class is being used.

in PvP

Novuake.2691

This picture was taken from Noscoc’s stream.

’Nuff said. Balance this nonsense please.

Edit: This was a match between 4 top tier players + 1 dev vs 5 turret engis. I don’t recall the final score, but it was pretty close.

That picture just tells me that at least 3 Engi’s wasted their Supply Drop elite… Nothing more.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

5 Turret engis is clearly a missed opportunity. The proper way to make an OP comp is 4 turret engis and 1 spirit ranger (the turrets get the spirit buff).

I think the guys from DPS tried this out with 3 complete noobs in old teamQ and went like 5-2, only losing to the absolutely best teams. If anyone can find the video, its very funny. At one point, one of the players just runs on-point, drops a crate, and walks away, as that crate was more than enough to guarantee victory.

in PvP

Novuake.2691

5 Turret engis is clearly a missed opportunity. The proper way to make an OP comp is 4 turret engis and 1 spirit ranger (the turrets get the spirit buff).

I think the guys from DPS tried this out with 3 complete noobs in old teamQ and went like 5-2, only losing to the absolutely best teams. If anyone can find the video, its very funny. At one point, one of the players just runs on-point, drops a crate, and walks away, as that crate was more than enough to guarantee victory.

hahah BEST feels when that happens.

in PvP

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

This is how you beat the turret engis.
Read chat as well.
(do note: the enemy was a full premade team of 5 people, my team consisted of 3 pugs – me included – and a pair).

You can guess what the final score was.

Attachments:

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

The thing with turret engis is once you clean up their turrets they are defenseless. I used to avoid playing engis thinking they were cheap as AIDS, but eventually tried the profession out and found out that its incredibly easy to catch the little buggers of guard by simply destroying their turrets and keeping distance between you and them. Distance is required because turret engis usually make use of a rifile and spam the KB+imobilize combo to push you out of the cap point which is just enough for theturrets to do another cycle.

in PvP

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Why what happenes in 6 months? If you are talking about the expansion and the new engineer specializations (which look like mobile turrets of some kind) what makes you think that it’ll suddenly stop? there will probably be more than evor after the expansion if anything.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in PvP

Mister Stygian.2135

@zord Yep, turret engy makes a shatter mesmers day.

in PvP

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

The thing with turret engis is once you clean up their turrets they are defenseless. I used to avoid playing engis thinking they were cheap as AIDS, but eventually tried the profession out and found out that its incredibly easy to catch the little buggers of guard by simply destroying their turrets and keeping distance between you and them. Distance is required because turret engis usually make use of a rifile and spam the KB+imobilize combo to push you out of the cap point which is just enough for theturrets to do another cycle.

the problem is the time it takes to clean up said turrets, the regen of the turrets is WAY to high

in PvP

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

My normal strategy as a static discharge engineer is to range them, save dodges for missiles and pulls if he’s smart enough to use the tool kit. Then try for a pull myself, burst him down a little then pop elixir x and delete him/her. 20 sec of stability and cc is bad news for them. If I get tornado then it’s a case of keeping him/her knocked down off point whilst brutal bolts, fire/air sigils do a number on the turrets. They don’t bother me at all really.

I almost pity them when I school them like that that… >:-) :evilgrin:

(edited by Peutrifectus.4830)

in PvP

Ouroboros.5076

Smart dudes here saying “just kill the turrets”. Some turrets have 30k HP, heal, and can’t be crit, pushback when they die. Some classes just can’t kill those turrets, and while the engy hides in it, can’t kill him either.

I don’t say it’s OP, the problem is that the counter to engy turrets is pure teamplay : you just need to leave the point. I don’t think that it’s healthy for the game to have such a heavy influence on a match in the hands on a -let’s face it- completely kittened build.

(edited by Ouroboros.5076)

in PvP

Tao.5096

I don’t think that it’s healthy for the game to have such a heavy influence on a match in the hands on a -let’s face it- completely kittened build.

What influence?
I’m attacking engi while focusing on him. Attacking turrets is a waste of time.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Smart dudes here saying “just kill the turrets”. Some turrets have 30k HP, heal, and can’t be crit, pushback when they die. Some classes just can’t kill those turrets, and while the engy hides in it, can’t kill him either.

I don’t say it’s OP, the problem is that the counter to engy turrets is pure teamplay : you just need to leave the point. I don’t think that it’s healthy for the game to have such a heavy influence on a match in the hands on a -let’s face it- completely kittened build.

30k hp, what on earth? The only turret worth killing is the rocket turret and that has 7k hp. Even thumper doesn’t have anything near 30k hp.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I would rather deal with Turret spam than Condition Engineer’s, D/D ele’s and Shoutbow Warriors any day. It’s rather humorous to see people complain about a spec that can be beaten with relative ease compared to the three I just mentioned.

in PvP

Tao.5096

I would rather deal with Turret spam than Condition Engineer’s, D/D ele’s and Shoutbow Warriors any day. It’s rather humorous to see people complain about a spec that can be beaten with relative ease compared to the three I just mentioned.

From my PoV.
Condi engi – gotta keep attention what he throws and calculate what you can facetank and what to dodge. Underestimated is annoying and can wipe a team.
D/D ele – damage isn’t that great unless will finish stacking might, but sustain, condition cleanse and heal spikes are very annoying. Vigor spam, so timing high damage skills is more difficult. Aaand annoying mobility, where they always can just flee away.
Shoutbow war – annoying sustain and health regen.

Turret Engi? – damage pressure and he’ll die, w/o even destroying turrets. 2OP2015.

in PvP

Arken.3725

Just my opinion Tao:

Condi-engie: Quite a bit of sustain, mobility and a little bit of CC. Not to mention the Condition access. Best healing skill on top of a low cd block makes it difficult.

D/D Ele: Agreed with you but again, with its high sustain, you’ll attain those stacks with relative ease.

A lot of the issue’s presented are with the professions themselves, not so much the amulets/runes. Go take a look at their traits/skills and you’ll see it’s a bit much. The amulets just accentuate the problem with more sustain.

in PvP

Tao.5096

Yep.
But I don’t call those stuff issues.
Of course, those builds are annoying if it comes to damage mobility or sustain.
But, to be frank.
Those builds in all aspects require player being skilled in handling that build and knowledge about other classes and builds mechanics.
I’ve seen countless people on those builds, and I’ve met only few per each class that were really good in handling those builds in 1v1 without even using the environment for it.

So, sorry to people who believe otherwise, but many many people proved that each build is good if played well. There is no build that makes you perma invincible and there is always a trick or two against every build.

Primary requirement for it:

• L2P

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

The guy at #2 of the EU leaderboards in a freaking turret engi with 48.15% W/L. Just shows how pointless the leaderbords currently are.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Arken.3725

I have to disagree there Tao, having more skill-access doesn’t make a profession harder to play. In fact, it gives the player more of an opportunity to pressure their opponent/sustain themselves than other professions.

It’s really not a l2p issue when there’s only so much you can dodge/pressure as another profession.

Edit: I don’t mind having a discussion with you, lets just keep it civil and provide factual information together.

(edited by Arken.3725)

in PvP

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

30k hp, what on earth? The only turret worth killing is the rocket turret and that has 7k hp. Even thumper doesn’t have anything near 30k hp.

The effective hp of the rocket turret with the metal plating trait is 10k Hp. The thumper is about 15k+ hp with the trait. No where close to 30k hp but a lot tougher than mesmer illusions…

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Wanna make people mad? Run a Turret Engi with a Shoutbow War. Condis are no longer an issue and the turrets are even more difficult to take down. Unless I’m mistaken I think another Engi with traited Tool Kit can also heal allied turrets as well.

Many posts here seem to look at Turret Engis as a singular entity and not as a part of a team.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in PvP

Ouroboros.5076

Thumper turret is around 12k HP base. With the -33% damage reduction, that goes up to about 18k. All that with 5% health regen every 3 seconds, immunity to condis and crits.

Dude that kitten is a better tank than bunker guards. And I’m barely trolling.

in PvP

Ouroboros.5076

And 6 more months !

Thanks ANet !

in PvP

Posted by: Royal.2693

Royal.2693

6 more months of celestial faceroll?

Turrets are easy to play and annoying, but they are not as OP as cele ele/engi/war