70% Necro: ¡Adios Diversity!

in PvP

Posted by: Reicta.2178

Reicta.2178

Edit: It turns out the four necros were all minionmancers from the same guild, to test how it would work. The three necros on the other team, not sure.

/s I kid, I kid. But I just came out of an unranked game (so the team comp was random) comprised of:

7 Necros
2 Eles
1 Ranger (me)

All the necros were power well or MM. I literally died, assaulted another point, came back a few minutes later and the same four necros were still duking it out at clocktower with no signs of slowing down.

Also importantly, since launch this was the first game for me without a single guard, thief and mesmer. With today’s burst it felt….refreshing, yet out of place somehow. Overall it wasn’t too bad, but only because I was playing survival ranger. If I had brought my condi engi I would probably have rage quit lol.

Anyone have similar experiences? How’d it go?

Attachments:

(edited by Reicta.2178)

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

clearly very representative, very well done research!

And no, I actually feel it’s pretty diverse in terms of builds and classes and I didn’t notice any class being played too often, other than the ones from the daylies.

in PvP

Reicta.2178

clearly very representative, very well done research!

And no, I actually feel it’s pretty diverse in terms of builds and classes and I didn’t notice any class being played too often, other than the ones from the daylies.

Thank you. I find it to be diverse-ish but the builds are usually the same.

in PvP

Posted by: zxosz.4097

zxosz.4097

Huh thats my guild and me trying a troll make up

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

I wanna stab everyone who misuses troll.

@OP

I had a similar experience a few days ago, except everyone was mesmer or thief and I was the only guard. Needless to say, I walked out with 13 kills and just as many deaths. I must admit though, the incredible pace was fun.

in PvP

Reicta.2178

I wanna stab everyone who misuses troll.

@OP

I had a similar experience a few days ago, except everyone was mesmer or thief and I was the only guard. Needless to say, I walked out with 13 kills and just as many deaths. I must admit though, the incredible pace was fun.

Oh man that would be insane. So much stealthing and running away to reset.

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

On the contrary, necros have decent diversity now. “Power wells” is vague, because there are different variations of wells. For example, I’ve been running a Celestial Dhuumfire build with siphoning wells (link and video in signature). Other necro builds use support-style wells like Well of Blood and Power, and forego the damaging wells all together.

The diversity is decent. It’s much more improved at the very least.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

I was probably the only visible dude that entire match. I spoke to theives on my team and told them to just watch me get bursted. I would immediately cycle a block and watch the thieves instagib the mesmers so many times and vice versa when one of their mesmers would magically roll out of cheiftans kitten and end the thieves. So many down states.

in PvP

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

On the contrary, necros have decent diversity now. “Power wells” is vague, because there are different variations of wells. For example, I’ve been running a Celestial Dhuumfire build with siphoning wells (link and video in signature). Other necro builds use support-style wells like Well of Blood and Power, and forego the damaging wells all together.

I also did a flight test with my specialized boon rekt necro the other day. It was awesome in its own right. Chill necro is also much better with chill>vulner trait.

in PvP

Reicta.2178

I also did a flight test with my specialized boon rekt necro the other day. It was awesome in its own right. Chill necro is also much better with chill>vulner trait.

As a necro main (50% of spvp games as necro, a lot of games), I’m always looking for new builds! I’ll check this out.

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Necro being undesirable in any kind of team (as always…) there’s more of them in solo queue. By the way, the advantage of being trash tier is that we can play a high diversity of builds.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

As someone who mains necromancers in PvP I wanna say ‘bien’ but that would probably kitten you lot off.

But I’m gonna say it. ¡Muy bien!

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Reicta.2178

OP edit: It turns out the four necros were all minionmancers from the same guild, to test how it would work. The three necros on the other team, not sure.

in PvP

Posted by: Scambug.3502

Scambug.3502

just played a rated match vs 3 necros. good times. we lost.
i’m just gonna afk if i see too many necros in enemy team from now on.
kthxbai.

in PvP

Scambug.3502

2 matches later, 3 necros on my team. guess who won…
this is bs.

in PvP

Scambug.3502

woot just lost to a 5 necro premade team. i’ll be back when these kittens get nerfed. have fun folks.