They are nerfing Healing Signet?

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Barely nerfing HS, kicking MM in the junk, good times. Gotta love all those MMs in top-tier.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: SunnyLane.9386

SunnyLane.9386

yea, all is vain.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

should’ve been 20%~ nerf.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

8% nerf is a joke

it is still passive, it still heals for quite a lot and better than any other war heals

make it have requirement, for example like signet of malice has one even though it is passive

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Love how they keep giving warriors the silk glove treatment while kittenting all over the less popular classes. Way to prove the class bias we all already knew existed.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

all is vain, them warrior haters won.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Also, the increased cast time on Pin Down is a BUFF, I can actually fake cast it now instead of wasting it on a sudden block/dodge/blind/skill queue and not being able to cancel it.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Also, the increased cast time on Pin Down is a BUFF, I can actually fake cast it now instead of wasting it on a sudden block/dodge/blind/skill queue and not being able to cancel it.

No

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

They said that the 8% puts it near Healing Surge’s amount, that they’re still playing around with the numbers, and that they’re redesigning it a little to give the active some kind of enticing effect.

Don’t just post a quip without context.

Call me Smith.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

necro has a 300 hps minion, and its far from weak in 1v1. Maybe they just dont see the passive OPness:
-works always
- 1s more DPS uptime
- no pressure , CD wasted to ensure heal
- no counterplay (3condi / 10second with only ire )
- harder to hit certain procs/ thresholds
- TOO STRONG FOR THE 1000th time -.-

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

They said that the 8% puts it near Healing Surge’s amount, that they’re still playing around with the numbers, and that they’re redesigning it a little to give the active some kind of enticing effect.

Don’t just post a quip without context.

It’s really not close at all. The 8% nerf would turn the current 392 HPS into 361 HPS, while Healing Surge heals for ~327.3 HPS on average assuming that you’re always healing w/ three bars of adrenaline, and that’s not taking into account cast times, or, for that matter, the fact that you’re not always going to have 3 bars of adrenaline when you HealSurge. Even with the 8% nerf, HealSig is going to heal for more than all skills in the game save Med Kit (which has its own very obvious problems) and Healing Turret (which I was running around with on my engi today- it was nowhere near as effective as HealSig was, probably partially because of casts).

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

What’s ironic is that they are nerfing two sources of poison by about 40% for thief/engineer, poison being the only real counter to the signet :/ And by possibly changing the active the net result will probably be a buff for Warriors…

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

What’s ironic is that they are nerfing two sources of poison by about 40% for thief/engineer, poison being the only real counter to the signet :/ And by possibly changing the active the net result will probably be a buff for Warriors…

It’s not like poison was ever more of a counter to healsig than it was to any other heal.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

It is literally just a heal guys, it has no other buffs like filling your adren or removing condis, engy turret already heals for way more than healsig anyway but no one complains about that. 30 hp/sec is huge, it is almost enough to completely fk warriors while fighting condi builds yet again.

and dont be all like hur dur warriors are condi immune cus zerker stance and cleansing ire because we all know condi builds are still the counter to warriors.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

P Fun Daddy.1208

It is literally just a heal guys, it has no other buffs like filling your adren or removing condis, engy turret already heals for way more than healsig anyway but no one complains about that. 30 hp/sec is huge, it is almost enough to completely fk warriors while fighting condi builds yet again.

and dont be all like hur dur warriors are condi immune cus zerker stance and cleansing ire because we all know condi builds are still the counter to warriors.

Losing 8% of your healing is huge? You essentially lose one tick every 12.5 seconds, which frankly isn’t a big deal at all. If 8% Hp/S loss on a completely passive heal makes you suddenly unplayable from being one of the top tier professions, the problem will certainly be you and not the change.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

They must have some strong Warrior lobbyism going in their office.

Because 8% is about as half- kitten d a nerf you could even sell as one.

And of all the good ways they could have changed it, adding new conditionals or making it scale differently at various health-levels, they went with the most generic.

This won’t change anything about the meta game.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

As said before, Healing Signet needs to be the best hps Warrior heal because it doesn’t do anything else. It doesn’t refill adrenaline (for those builds that use Healing Surge early to get their max adrenaline power and crit damage bonuses… if they exist), it doesn’t remove conditions (Mending), and it doesn’t negate damage (Defiant Stance). It is the most weak to classes that can put constant poison on you.

I’m also assuming that if they put an active effect on it, that effect won’t be useful for healing but for something else, and it may cause them to lower the Healing Signet hps. The dev stream alluded to that being their aim unless they don’t come up with anything good enough that they can fit into the patch in time.

Call me Smith.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

As said before, Healing Signet needs to be the best hps Warrior heal because it doesn’t do anything else. It doesn’t refill adrenaline (for those builds that use Healing Surge early to get their max adrenaline power and crit damage bonuses… if they exist), it doesn’t remove conditions (Mending), and it doesn’t negate damage (Defiant Stance). It is the most weak to classes that can put constant poison on you.

I’m also assuming that if they put an active effect on it, that effect won’t be useful for healing but for something else, and it may cause them to lower the Healing Signet hps. The dev stream alluded to that being their aim unless they don’t come up with anything good enough that they can fit into the patch in time.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Malice

also doesn’t do anything but heal…has requirement for heal though

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

The actual counter to the signet is realizing that Heal over times need…as their description suggests time to live up to their full potential. Burst is compacting damage in a small time frame. The actual counter play to HoT’s is burst. Hence if a Thief is using signet of malice, if you focus him the signet automatically goes to garbage tier, Signet of Resto is in the same boat even with Written in Stone.

The great forum duppy.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

P Fun Daddy.1208

The actual counter to the signet is realizing that Heal over times need…as their description suggests time to live up to their full potential. Burst is compacting damage in a small time frame. The actual counter play to HoT’s is burst. Hence if a Thief is using signet of malice, if you focus him the signet automatically goes to garbage tier, Signet of Resto is in the same boat even with Written in Stone.

There is a slight difference to Healsig though, in that Warriors have enough passive defensive stats in their large health pool that, when coupled with their powerful defensive utilities and access to CC/Mobility, give HoTs more time to work than would be present on an ele or thief. Either one of those getting focused will either be forced to escape, outburst, or die, while warriors using equivalent setups will survive much longer, and often long enough for their HoT to be worth something, especially when considering it does not require you to spend a second casting it if you are getting bursted.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Zirith.6429

The best change for heal sig imo is giving it similar hps to a regen tick while it is active and then a heal that is similar to a 1.5 adren heal surge to stay true to the design of signets, like cool it gives a bonus that is nice, but the active is really strong but you dont get the passive anymore kind of idea, atm it is just backwards.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

why not just get rid of adrenal health? That is the real problem imo when paired with hs (Always)

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

why not just get rid of adrenal health? That is the real problem imo when paired with hs (Always)

why not just learn to counter warriors properly and stop complaining? That is the real problem imo when paired with players who are doing puny damage.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

why not just learn to counter warriors properly and stop complaining? That is the real problem imo when paired with players who are doing puny damage.

you should stop your spam – rly – it is not even funny or so

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

They have to convert the berserker stance duration to it’s previous duration. It was 4s before now it’s 8s base, 10s with trait which is a faceroll for condi builds. Not only this signet makes a warrior op, also 2x endure pain, balanced stance and ridiculously long berserker stance.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

how about you warrior haters stop complaining and learn to play the game?
whiners always win unfortunately.

anyway i learned something from this.

just keep complaining about something, and they will eventually nerf.
time to do the same to other professions that i do not like then.

remember, you warrior haters started it first.

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Warrior is OP as kitten, stop the qq already. If you can’t see that then you shouldn’t be allowed to talk about balance.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Zirith.6429

How much do you seriously think adrenal health heals for? It is less than 80 a second for any warrior that actually wants to be useful. The real problem is bad players that dont know how to dodge thinking warriors are too strong.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Warrior is OP as kitten, stop the qq already. If you can’t see that then you shouldn’t be allowed to talk about balance.

once again, warriors are not overpowered, it is them warrior haters should stop the qq already.

unfortunately, many people do not know how to counter warriors properly so they complain and ask for nerf.

fortunately, the shave is a small one, and healing signet is not completely neutered. thank goodness for that.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Umut.5471

I’m not very experienced on warrior at spvp, but I’ve rolled my pve warrior as hambow/stance for spvp and voila i can faceroll many classes much much easier than my other classes. I can easily say that warrior as a class is op, I’m not even experienced with warrior, in experienced players’ hands it will be an undying faceroll machine. This is not only because this healing signet, because stances are also op too. Warrior-only players qq because they don’t want to be nerfed to use warrior skillfully.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Love how they keep giving warriors the silk glove treatment while kittenting all over the less popular classes. Way to prove the class bias we all already knew existed.

EH,do we play the same game ? nerfing hammer into the ground with a 20 – 30% dmg nerf is treating them with a silk glove ? You should take a look at warr patches…we get nerfed more then we get buffed,but all you people can do is Cry about healsig.And anet actually giving in,again shows they got no clue about their own game,but get suckered in by a few kids spamming the forum about it.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I’m not very experienced on warrior at spvp, but I’ve rolled my pve warrior as hambow/stance for spvp and voila i can faceroll many classes much much easier than my other classes. I can easily say that warrior as a class is op, I’m not even experienced with warrior, in experienced players’ hands it will be an undying faceroll machine. This is not only because this healing signet, because stances are also op too. Warrior-only players qq because they don’t want to be nerfed to use warrior skillfully.

try playing your warrior against skilled players (non warriors) and then come back again when you have done so.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

They have to convert the berserker stance duration to it’s previous duration. It was 4s before now it’s 8s base, 10s with trait which is a faceroll for condi builds. Not only this signet makes a warrior op, also 2x endure pain, balanced stance and ridiculously long berserker stance.

Endure pain,Direct dmg only…Condis will still melt you.All classes have a condi immunity,but lets all just complain about the warriors one shall we ? Anyway,direct dmg still apply’s..if only people learn to watch boons and back up for 8 sec and kite a bit before throwing everything you have while they have berserk up,its called Using That Brain and learning how to deal with a specific class….But no,,lets all complain and cry and cry untill they nerf warrir into the ground so youll be a happy fella again to faceroll that useless warrior.Lets nerf Healsig,berserk,endure pain,all stances !! Go for it anet,listen to these guys,they Know their kitten !!

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

they dont nerf warrior – they fix them

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Umut.5471

try playing your warrior against skilled players (non warriors) and then come back again when you have done so.

As I say I’m not experienced with warrior, I’m sure an experienced warrior can easily faceroll other skilled players of other classes. Two players must be in same skill level with their classes to determine that.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

As they will fix all other classes.
Beside peope forget what the devs said about they being alert about the true warrior bunker builds and probably some damage will be reduced in those builds, but HS will stay.

Edit: The changes to pin down shows that aproach. It will be harder to land pin down.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

Warrior isn’t even close to other proffessions out there. Sure it’s a faceroll class but calling it OP or one that rolls everything is a bit to much.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Rangers do not have condi immunity :p. I thing thieves dont either.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

Beside peope forget what the devs said about they being alert about the true warrior bunker builds and probably some damage will be reduced in those builds, but HS will stay.

Edit: The changes to pin down shows that aproach. It will be harder to land pin down.

Show me this…where they will lower the dmg of warriors even more ? Where have you read this ?

@Chocolata,just besides ranger and thiefs then,but you’l know what i mean..there are other classes with condi immunity,but all the focus is on warrior…

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Don’t worry, considering past experience the signet will get a 10k active heal or more condition cleanse or something.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Don’t worry, considering past experience the signet will get a 10k active heal or more condition cleanse or something.

10k burst heal for 16 seconds recharge time sounds okay to me though.

at the moment it heals for a pitiful 3.5k amount.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

No

Correct, I should have specified, it’s a buff to MY playstyle.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Show me this…where they will lower the dmg of warriors even more ? Where have you read this ?

@Chocolata,just besides ranger and thiefs then,but you’l know what i mean..there are other classes with condi immunity,but all the focus is on warrior…

I believe it was J. Sharp just before the end of warrior anouncements. I´m going to see if i can find the time in the video.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/496005243

56:00

8% signet reduction

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

No

Its a buff to skilled players. You can cancel the cast if you notice the dodge/block/evade. It will promote skill play.

(And of course it will be a nerf to every other player).

I’m glad ANet is raising the skill cap for warrior.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

No

Its a buff to skilled players. You can cancel the cast if you notice the dodge/block/evade. It will promote skill play.

how to cancel skill activation besides using a dodge roll? pressing the escape key does not seem to work.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

No

how to cancel skill activation besides using a dodge roll? pressing the escape key does not seem to work.

Open your configuration window – control option – Miscellaneous – and bind a key to stow/draw weapons.

This is used by skilled players to interrupt some skills. For instance they use flurry – interrupt – switch to GS and then HB.

8% signet reduction

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

No

Open your configuration window – control option – Miscellaneous – and bind a key to stow/draw weapons.

This is used by skilled players to interrupt some skills. For instance they use flurry – interrupt – switch to GS and then HB.

oooo i see! thanks!
eh what key u bind for the “misc – stow / draw weapon” binding ah? O_O

8% signet reduction

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

No

oooo i see! thanks!
eh what key u bind for the “misc – stow / draw weapon” binding ah? O_O

I have my middle mouse scroll button.