80% of players play thief or mesmer?

in PvP

Posted by: Edward.7362

Edward.7362

I have played sPvP for a last couple of days and all I see are thieves and mesmers. Seeing any other class is very rare, what happened? I’d say that about 80% of team players play thieves or mesmers. This is not okay.

Also, being downed against a thief means certain death – he’ll stealth or teleport out and in and finish me without any chance of stopping / delaying him. Two thieves that run together are almost impossible to kill as they cover each other in stealth whenever the teammate falls and revive him. We should be able to see stealth thieves near us while being downed.

Desolation EU
Shandaara – elementalist, Liiana Iceclaw – warrior
Sir Edward Ironwing – guardian, Infinius Black – necro

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I put another tick in the, “No profession representation column”…that brings its total tally to…1000+ posts already about this issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Korasi.9140

Korasi.9140

id actually say that 90% are necros tho( many ppl who are not that skilled just rely on the OPness of necros and spirit rangers) , but maybe they just arent online atm

in PvP

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Strange, i played for like 4 hours and saw like 1 Mesmer. I highly doubt that 80% of the time you saw Mesmers, we are SO weak in this Condition Meta, if we take all the possible cleanses we will survive the first burst and die to the second, we go power and we will die to the first burst.

I wonder what the chances are that you are just another FoTM Necro – i have seen ALOT of them recently and some have been AWFUL.

in PvP

Posted by: ValeV.4875

ValeV.4875

OP was on sPvP server with same people over a couple of matches and because there were same people, he saw same players playing mesmer/thief.

in PvP

Edward.7362

ArmaggeddonAsh: No, I am not running Necro.

Hmm, ValeV, you might be probably on to something. Although I have seen this consisently over last few days and I occationally go back to mists for glory booster or simply for break. My point is I must have joined many times. But maybe I am meeting the same people.

I am attaching a screenshot of typical setup.

Attachments:

Desolation EU

in PvP

Posted by: Anelyn.4593

Anelyn.4593

They play mesmers and thieves, because they actually believe there is skill involved when battling eachother, considering both have good burst, stealth access, insane mobility and CC avoidance (thief dodges / teleports, mesmer distortion / teleport, both have stealth).

in PvP

ArmageddonAsh.6430

They play mesmers and thieves, because they actually believe there is skill involved when battling eachother, considering both have good burst, stealth access, insane mobility and CC avoidance (thief dodges / teleports, mesmer distortion / teleport, both have stealth).

I have to agree to an extent i LOVE fighting Thief on my Mesmer. Though we have no where near “insane” mobility – Swiftness on 1 weapon, RNG on another. Phase Retreat on 1 weapon (easy to see)

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

Classes i see:
1. necro
2. guard
3. mesmer
4.warr
5. ranger
6.thief
7.ele
8. engi

with the way necros can stunlock and kill people thief/ele/engi are all sitting ducks with there low health pools but thieves you see more often cause we can at least get some shots in on them first.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in PvP

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Hmm, ValeV, you might be probably on to something. Although I have seen this consisently over last few days and I occationally go back to mists for glory booster or simply for break. My point is I must have joined many times. But maybe I am meeting the same people.

4 Mesmers from a 16 man match – Yeah that really is 80%. Thief is insane though and always has been. As i have said, i have had matches where i am the only Mesmer (class since Beta)

To me, it just seems you got unlucky

in PvP

Edward.7362

4 Mesmers from a 16 man match – Yeah that really is 80%.

I wrote that those two classes make 80% of the composition. I can see that you understood that each of those classes make 80%. I suggest you revisit math lessons…

Please contribute in a meaninglul manner.

Desolation EU

in PvP

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Everyone keeps saying there are sooooo many necros now. Everytime i join spvp necro has never been the most in the match. I think the most ive ever seen was 4 necros in 1 match and there were 5-6 warriors in that same match.

in PvP

ArmageddonAsh.6430

4 Mesmers from a 16 man match – Yeah that really is 80%.

I wrote that those two classes make 80% of the composition. I can see that you understood that each of those classes make 80%. I suggest you revisit math lessons…

Please contribute in a meaninglul manner.

“80% of players play thief or mesmer”

I count 11 of a mix between Mesmer and Thief, 80% of 16 is 12.8 (so say 12 or 13) So you DONT have 80% Its closer to 70-71%

in PvP

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

thats not typical lol 8 vs 8 zerg fest spvp match ( date of that screen ? )

I’m thief and i can say i’m mostly 1 of the only thiefs in the games since the last patch.
I hardly see any mesmers anymore , i do see more wars / ele’s and necros more often.

i think you just got unlucky on a zergfest spvp server, where a lot of folks went with the mobile classes to farm ranks as a roamer.

i suggest you go to 5 vs 5 spvp maps if you want a better match.

in PvP

Edward.7362

Void: Yesterday (28th) early in the morning. Judging from responses, I was really unlucky in the past few days. I must say I am relieved.

ArmageddonAsh: lol, good boy. Here, have a cookie…

Thanks for responses.

Desolation EU

in PvP

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Yea that’s just wierd. I rarely see that many thieves and high ranked ones at that matter. IMO that was a fluke. I normally have 2-5 thieves max and usually only 1-2 are decent.

I mostly see necros, rangers, guards, warriors are on the uprise. Thieves and mesmers seem to be dieing out in hot joins to me, IMO.

Engis are always there.

Just another noob thief…