9 losses in a row tonight

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Having been away from pvp for a few days to take a break, I came back and got crushed by 200 + point margins for 9 consecutive games. In several of those games ( 3 I think ) I faced the same enemy team.

With matchmaking like that, you can bet the new f2p players will get run off fast. Once again only the hard headed players like me and the exploiters will remain.

Sure it’s fun for a small group of players who win often. Then they wonder why population is so low.

@ devs, this was on my alt account.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Interesting. Shoot me a PM with your alt account’s display name.

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

That is probably the fastest response I have ever seen >.>

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

That is probably the fastest response I have ever seen >.>

How about this one!

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Alright, you got me. I looked away for a second thinking it was a lucky thing to go read some random dev posts and request a blast gyro buff, then I come back and wowza. Another one. Before the game of ping pong goes further, I might need to stop to not be mean to op >.> But ye, this is impressive stuff. And peeps be sayin no one listens to pvp community PFFFFT Not anymore!

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Only 200 point margins?

Given i didnt have 9 losses in a row, but my two last night were complete roflecurbstomps. My teams got eaten alive -_-u

Previos 3 matches, two of those matches my team did the same thing to the enemy.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

Alright, you got me. I looked away for a second thinking it was a lucky thing to go read some random dev posts and request a blast gyro buff, then I come back and wowza. Another one. Before the game of ping pong goes further, I might need to stop to not be mean to op >.> But ye, this is impressive stuff. And peeps be sayin no one listens to pvp community PFFFFT Not anymore!

I’ll stop saying it if Josh will address the elephant in the room:

IS SOLO QUEUE EVER COMING BACK?

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Only 200 point margins?

Given i didnt have 9 losses in a row, but my two last night were complete roflecurbstomps. My teams got eaten alive -_-u

Previos 3 matches, two of those matches my team did the same thing to the enemy.

I’d say the final score of the game doesn’t really reflect any sort of difference in skill, but more of the strategy the opponents took.

If every member of team A is 99% as skilled as every member of team B, but team B employs a 3 point strat and wins every fight due to that 1% skill difference, the score will still be closer to 500-0, and not 500-495.

I too would like to inquire about Solo Queue Grouch.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

(edited by Reikou.7068)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I’ve been seeing a lot of “loss x games in a row” threads.

Matchmaking isn’t suppose to guarantee you a win. It’s suppose to reduce the 100 – 500 point match range to a score more closer to 350-500 point matches – in theory.

The average player would lose with a score of 300 to 400 point range. It usually means there was a snowball effect where one team holds off two nodes consecutively, without the other team making that push comeback effect.

I’m more concerned with consecutive games that are 0 to 200 points. I’ve been seeing these a lot more so, matchmaking probably has gotten worse because of whatever change, or bug, implemented.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

@ Josh Davis: PM sent.

@Saiyan I don’t agree. The entire point of a ladder or ranking system is to prevent gross imbalances and, yes, guarantee that wins are distributed to some extent.

As a personal example of why this is so;

I invited a guildmate to PvP. This person is a friend in STO, the former CoH and in another game world. He plays a reasonably effective PVE bunker Guardian. He’s also a good ANET customer buying stuff regularly.

After a rough evening. He absolutely refuses to PvP. In fact, he’s become more active in STO partly because it emphasizes pve play. We actually won the the first match and one or two others.

PvP lost a player and GW2 has a significantly less enthusiastic customer because his first experience of PvP was mostly being hammered.

Very few people will stick with a game they consistently and / or badly lose.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

When I started pvp’ing I got hammered pretty good. I blamed myself. I looked up builds to see where I was going wrong, made some changes and started winning more.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Anet needs to not hold players hands just because that player had a streak of bad luck. If this was 10 straight games worth of premade vs solo players then I’d understand but that’s not the case. If people lose 10 games or more, matchmaking shouldn’t automatically give them an auto win match… isn’t fair for the rest of us.

There is a surplus of newbie players in the game right now. It’s awesome seeing new faces but… matchmaking comps like the below pictures simply shouldn’t happen =/

*Me on Blue Team:
Lower MMR players against higher MMR players. If matchmaking is saying that the MMR is the same on both teams, I know for a fact that the MMR is wrong. I’ve played with and against those players to know how experienced they are.

Me on Red Team: Higher MMR players against Lower MMR players. Again, if matchmaking is saying that the MMR is the same on both teams, I know for a fact that the MMR is wrong.

Attachments:

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

Anet needs to not hold players hands just because that player had a streak of bad luck. If this was 10 straight games worth of premade vs solo players then I’d understand but that’s not the case. If people lose 10 games or more, matchmaking shouldn’t automatically give them an auto win match… isn’t fair for the rest of us.

There is a surplus of newbie players in the game right now. It’s awesome seeing new faces but… matchmaking comps like the below pictures simply shouldn’t happen =/

*Me on Blue Team:
Lower MMR players against higher MMR players. If matchmaking is saying that the MMR is the same on both teams, I know for a fact that the MMR is wrong. I’ve played with and against those players to know how experienced they are.

Me on Red Team: Higher MMR players against Lower MMR players. Again, if matchmaking is saying that the MMR is the same on both teams, I know for a fact that the MMR is wrong.

How do you know which group is higher?

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

*Me on Blue Team:

In my 2200 ranked/unranked games played, in each picture i’ve played with and against three users on each of those high mmr players. Them too – I guarantee you they knew I was FalseLights, the Burn Guardian.

Blue Team – why we lost
The Thief couldn’t rotate (he was new, so i wasn’t being rude or anything) so I had to tell him where to go. For the most part, he hung out at mid and went after beasts as soon as he could. He didn’t know his class all that much from how he fought. Warriors never stack well together unless they’re darn good at focus targeting, bursting and rotating. If I had went bunker, we probably would have reached 350-400 points so I’ll put this one on me.

Red Team – why we won
Toke, Kirito, and Verse knew how to rotate and i’ve played with these guys numerous times over. There were 2 good players on blue team, one of which was on the previous picture that I lost to but in the end the team comp simply didn’t know how to rotate the map appropriately.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

*Me on Blue Team:

In my 2200 ranked/unranked games played, in each picture i’ve played with and against three users on each of those high mmr players. Them too – I guarantee you they knew I was FalseLights, the Burn Guardian.

Blue Team – why we lost
The Thief couldn’t rotate (he was new, so i wasn’t being rude or anything) so I had to tell him where to go. For the most part, he hung out at mid and went after beasts as soon as he could. He didn’t know his class all that much from how he fought. Warriors never stack well together unless they’re darn good at focus targeting, bursting and rotating. If I had went bunker, we probably would have reached 350-400 points so I’ll put this one on me.

Red Team – why we won
Toke, Kirito, and Verse knew how to rotate and i’ve played with these guys numerous times over. There were 2 good players on blue team, one of which was on the previous picture that I lost to but in the end the team comp simply didn’t know how to rotate the map appropriately.

I don’t see how that proves anything. Maybe it was a large spread on both sides.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

*Me on Blue Team:

Blue Team – why we lost

Red Team – why we won

I don’t see how that proves anything. Maybe it was a large spread on both sides.

Lets break it down a bit.

An inexperience Thief that can’t +1, decap, single target burst or rez an ally means the team will lack AoE damages in team vs team fights. This will slowly but surely snowball the map, basically becoming a 4v5 mid game.

Matchmaking should have traded the experienced Thief in for one of the other experienced thief (Lerla is better than char char if I recall). That alone would have caused less of a snowball than the game was.

Matchmaking doesn’t take into account the roles certain classes have. In-experienced thieves who can’t rotate the map properly, will contribute a whole lot less than an inexperienced Guardian/Ele/Engi/War/Necro player.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Given we’ve been told the matchmaking deliberately ignores the class-specific rating we know it complies because you might change class after the team is formed, I don’t see how it could possibly expected to evaluate someone’s value based on what class that someone is playing. They’re throwing that knowledge out on purpose .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Does match making deliberately try to keep you at a 50% win ratio, because every time I approach 50% I start losing multiple games in a row, and start getting teams of 1-3 people that are under lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Does match making deliberately try to keep you at a 50% win ratio, because every time I approach 50% I start losing multiple games in a row, and start getting teams of 1-3 people that are under lvl 80.

Yes, it tries to keep you at 50%. However level has nothing to do with PvP. A lot PvPers have multiple classes are don’t bother to level up their classes. so having under 80s means nothing.

More likely, you are simply unlucky. 50% win rate should be over the long run, not short run.

in PvP

Posted by: Kalriostraz.6819

Kalriostraz.6819

There is NO matchmaking that does this. This is confirmation bias at best. Streaks, both winning and losing, are perfectly normal even if every game was a perfectly balanced 50% chance to win.

in PvP

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

If you have 50% change to win a game and you play 9 games in a row its 0.5^9 = 0.2 % change that you lose them all. That shouldn’t happen too often but is certainly more common than a precursor drop xD

in PvP

Posted by: supvil.3470

supvil.3470

Its funny how ppl assume level has anything to do with experience.

Last 2 weeks ive played on a lvl 7 thief with starter gear on. Yet ive played 8000+ rated games in total and spend most of my time in the top 200.

Sometime u play vs someone with a second account or an alt character.

When u look at this screen it shows how at first ppl where making fun of me. Telling me to level first, or go unranked. Another guy asked me if it was my first time playing thief in pvp.

4 minutes later where i dominated the opposing team in one of my best games as thief so far. With multiple 1v2s etc…

All of a sudden i get all the praise and ppl tell me how amazing i was.

Attachments:

(edited by supvil.3470)

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

Its funny how ppl assume level has anything to do with experience.

Last 2 weeks ive played on a lvl 7 thief with starter gear on. Yet ive played 8000+ rated games in total and spend most of my time in the top 200.

Sometime u play vs someone with a second account or an alt character.

When u look at this screen it shows how at first ppl where making fun of me. Telling me to level first, or go unranked. Another guy asked me if it was my first time playing thief in pvp.

4 minutes later where i dominated the opposing team in one of my best games as thief so far. With multiple 1v2s etc…

All of a sudden i get all the praise and ppl tell me how amazing i was.

I don’t have a problem with player lvl, you never know when someone is on a smurf account just can’t be bothered to use their tombs of knowledge. Sometimes a lvl 10 person is better than a lvl 80 because the lvl 10 person basically just lives in pvp. I think the real problem is getting put on teams where people would rather rush into a 1v3 at mid and die rather than re-cap uncontested home.

Hopefully leagues will help put beginners with beginners and advanced people with advanced but I am thinking Anet doesn’t care about this and will still be putting mixed up skill levels together just to get farmed by premades. Especially given the new ESL $400,000 prize pool announcement. I think all their effort is going to pushing for premade esl type teams and let any casual or solo players be fodder. Too bad for Anet the vast majority of their paying subscriber base is NOT comprised of ESL teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Bad nights happen. I’ve been having a great week and last night was 1-9. Farmed by premades in ranked. AFKers in unranked, etc etc etc.

One day isn’t a valid sample size. It’s possible the queue was limited at those times.

One thing I hate is a premade 3-4 man getting an awesome PUG (high MMR, well known, etc) and the PUG team is me and 4 window lickers. My MMR aint #toodaamnhigh! Give me a viable team.

Some games (ie. World of Tanks) has a system where a high performing loser can still be awarded on par with a winner (still a loss). WoT stats are indeed more reflective of performance than PvP personal score, but it’s worth considering.

You lose a game 500-150 and your perosnal score is 220 while your 4 teammates score a whopping 110 combined, maybe give me reward track points equal to a winner or something…

(QQ)

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Losing streaks are normal it happens in Dota 2 and cs go. Nobody ever complains about winning 10+ games in a row