900 games played & won 1st 1v1 vs a Rogue

in PvP

Posted by: Bulldozer.5973

Bulldozer.5973

900 games played on my warrior and the first time I downed a rogue 1v1 was today. Don’t get me wrong there have been hundreds of times where I have come very close in 1v1 situations to downing a rogue (thief) on my warrior but either the match got interfered with or the rogue…thief ran. BTW, I use a hammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

Step 1: Use the correct name for the classes.

That is all.

in PvP

Posted by: Fuzion.7613

Fuzion.7613

Lol .

Fuzion
Necro – Team U S A [USA]

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

That is all.

Meh rogue, assassin, thief

They’re all the same.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Bulldozer.5973

Bulldozer.5973

Thanks, I thought it was pretty awesome too. They may want to think about buffing rouges a little bit more. This should be unexceptable.

in PvP

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Thanks, I thought it was pretty awesome too. They may want to think about buffing rouges a little bit more. This should be unexceptable.

Buffing is how one would apply rouge, though I’m not sure what cosmetics have to do with this thread.

Oh you people are talking about thieves…

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

What happened? This one didnt dodge your hundred blades?

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Yeah I think it was me you killed it was my first game playing thief. I still topped score of course. I lost that 1 v 1 because I got confused over what key to press 1 or 2 and hit the windows key instead. By the time I figured out how to bring the game back up I was dead…. I know it was my first game as thief but still thiefs are not supposed to die they need a buff or warriors need a nerf. Please fix this Anet.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Your problem is that you’re coming from a cookie cutter easy mode game called WoW. Us who played the most competitive PvP MMO game of all times called Guild Wars 1, we have no problems dealing with silly thieves 1v1. I never ever died to one of them 1v1, no matter what profession I played.

in PvP

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

best thread of 2012

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Your problem is that you’re coming from a cookie cutter easy mode game called WoW. Us who played the most competitive PvP MMO game of all times called Guild Wars 1, we have no problems dealing with silly thieves 1v1. I never ever died to one of them 1v1, no matter what profession I played.

Saying you never died to a thief in 1v1 is just as kitten as this guy saying he never killed a thief until after 900 games played. Stupid exaggerations like this make it hard for people to take anything else you say seriously.

Everyone that has played sPvP for any decent amount of time has won/lost against every build. You might not win/lose against a particular build often but it has happened. Unless your like rank 10 and below or something.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in PvP

Fuzion.7613

we have no problems dealing with silly thieves 1v1. I never ever died to one of them 1v1, no matter what profession I played.

I’d like to be your first.

Fuzion
Necro – Team U S A [USA]

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

It can be surprisingly difficult for a Warrior to take down a Thief just because the Thief has so many ways to shadowstep away from the Warrior’s combos. Even if you manage to perfectly lock down the Thief with well-timed CCs, they can still slip away.

My advice is to simply not blow your cooldowns as a Warrior right away. Save your utility skills until the most opportune moment (when you know the Thief has used a stun breaker already or has burned their dodges).

This is a backstab Thief. Though this is one of the most effective Thief builds in tourneys, it actually doesn’t do so well vs Warriors if the Warrior actually has a clue of what’s going on (AKA, not using the “Please kill me now” frenzy button right away).

This Thief makes good use of Black Powder to perma-blind the Warrior. This is probably the most difficult Thief build for a Warrior to duel against, but it’s an uncommon Thief build in tournaments.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Fuzion.7613

This is a backstab Thief. Though this is one of the most effective Thief builds in tourneys, it actually doesn’t do so well vs Warriors if the Warrior actually has a clue of what’s going on.

Wrong! Thief is extremely strong with backstab vs warrior. You have to know what the warrior cooldowns look like, And wait for him to blow them, You shortbow around for a while make them blow the cd’s. Once blown backstab for the kill. I’ve fought some of the “Top” warriors in the US and it’s worked for me nearly everytime.

People think thief is a “Skilless” class but really you have to put a lot of thought into every action due to how easily you die, one wrong move and you’re toast.

PS: Shadow step is your best friend thiefs.

Fuzion
Necro – Team U S A [USA]

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

due to how easily you die, one wrong move and you’re toast.

Hmm, more like: one wrong move and you can shadowstep out / shadow return. Another wrong move and you can swap to shortbow, shadow shot up a ledge. A third wrong move and you can stealth and disengage.

Thieves, like almost every class (EXCEPT WARRIORS) have several “oh-crap” panic buttons that they can fall back on in case shlt hits the fan and you need to reset the fight.

I’d say the philosophy of “one wrong move and you’re toast” is more applicable to Warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: Raytek.6193

Raytek.6193

Lol.

Warrior gets outranged while you whittle him down with shortbow then steal heartseeker for 10k burst. No smart thief will try to fight in melee range. If he’s going to be an idiot and try and melee you with blinds just step out of it and wreck him.

The people that warrior was fighting would have killed him in 15 seconds if they were decent players.

@OP not sure if you’re trolling or you’re just incapable of using your 5 seconds of knockdowns on a glass cannon thief and killing him in 5 hits.

(edited by Raytek.6193)

in PvP

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

900 games played and still calling guardians clerics.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

wow that way —>
bai

in PvP

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

That is all.

Remember this is Guild Wards, so it’s professions and not classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Chakuna.6325

Chakuna.6325

Cool story bro. Please tell me more about how awesome you think you are.

The ONLY things that matters versus a competent GC BS Thief 1v1 is: weather or not you’re playing the right build, or you have the right ’’skills’’ off cooldown, before they open on you.
So you’re telling me, everytime you’ve come across a Thief, 1v1, you’ve been playing a counter build, or had the right ’’skills’’ off cooldown? Or are you going to tell me that, ‘’No matter how good the Thief is; I can beat them with any class because I’m just 10x better.’’?

Now, please gtfo and never post again.

I’m trying to go back, but I’m still here.

(edited by Chakuna.6325)

in PvP

Posted by: ilJumperMT.4871

ilJumperMT.4871

not sure if serious or a troll.

Warrior farts and Thief dies. You don’t even need to dodge Thief burst as warrior glass cannon.

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

we have no problems dealing with silly thieves 1v1. I never ever died to one of them 1v1, no matter what profession I played.

I’d like to be your first.

Cue mood music, making out by the fireplace bam backstab. GG

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Follow the equation:

You’re calling thief “rougue”
= You are from wow…and…you played 900+ games without downing a thief till now…

note: thief (Expec burst ones…so pretty much 90% of them) it’s probably the easiest class to down with a warrior, aswell with other classes..

= you suck.

Stop thinking you’re in wow, thanks god this is not wow…so you need to l2p…here you can’t get uber anti-all gear in pve and stomp everyone without knowing what you’re doing…sorry for that….seems you missed the base gw concept here…

so…stop posting bs and go l2p decently before trolling again…maybe some tpvp would help..

tl;dr

wow that way —>
bai

^ THIS

we won’t miss you…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

That is all.

Remember this is Guild Wards, so it’s professions and not classes.

This what I came to say. It’s like correcting grammar. You better be perfect or we lul.

in PvP

Posted by: Sjadi.6589

Sjadi.6589

Maybe stop use hammer? Im pwning allmost any thief i see in 1on1 with my warrior the exception is some sb/pistol builds(ranged) or heavy condition, but the standard heartseeker is just ezmode iwth Gs warrior or axe/shield

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

900 games played on my warrior and the first time I downed a rogue 1v1 was today.

Wow, just wow. Thieves are the FIRST class I attack as warrior. They are by far the easiest to kill.

I’m guessing you are in one of the 3 situations:
1. You have a really bad spec.
2. Your do not attack thieves correctly.
3. You are exaggerating to make a point.

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

I was in a hotjoin yesterday we managed to 3cap+spawnkill the enemy team for most of the game because they had gotten 5/6 thieves whilst we only had 1/6.
Just sayin.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper