Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

forum bug .. …….

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

99% of my playtime in Gw2 is queues.

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

We play pvp to play pvp. It’s up to the system to match us with players on our level. If i decide to queue alone, I don’t get queue pops, so what do you suggest I do? Pve? I dont play that. Pvp? Queues arent popping :p. Only way i actually get to play the game is to queue with lower mmr players in my party.

First, if you wouldn’t duo/triple/5man Q before and only solo/duo, you wouldn’t have problem now. You may consider it funny, but Rom or Helseth doesn’t have your issue.

Second, you got separate MMR in Unranked. You can try to play there until Anet fix this and/or there will be more people close to your MMR in Ranked.

So…you’re suggesting that:

1.) Him queueing with friends is wrong and he should limit how many friends he plays with to benefit random players and/or potentially have idiots fill the empty slots in his team.

2.) He should play Unranked which does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to progress leagues to pass time until ArenaNet get their act together?

How is any of that fair?

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

We play pvp to play pvp. It’s up to the system to match us with players on our level. If i decide to queue alone, I don’t get queue pops, so what do you suggest I do? Pve? I dont play that. Pvp? Queues arent popping :p. Only way i actually get to play the game is to queue with lower mmr players in my party.

First, if you wouldn’t duo/triple/5man Q before and only solo/duo, you wouldn’t have problem now. You may consider it funny, but Rom or Helseth doesn’t have your issue.

Second, you got separate MMR in Unranked. You can try to play there until Anet fix this and/or there will be more people close to your MMR in Ranked.

1.) Him queueing with friends is wrong and he should limit how many friends he plays with to benefit random players and/or potentially have idiots fill the empty slots in his team.

2.) He should play Unranked which does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to progress leagues to pass time until ArenaNet get their act together?

How is any of that fair?

Nobody said it was wrong, it’s just what put him into his current situation… Look 95% of the players are not near Diamond.. The ones that are are manipulating matches lowering mmr so they aren’t even matching his Diamond when they queue either…

How can we even tell if the system will work if everyone is manipulating it and kittening it up constantly… MMR system like this takes time to adjust to the players, it can’t learn you if you’re a diamon queing with a kittening amber constantly..

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

It’s called unfair advantage, when you que with friends agianst lower ranked players.

Oh noes. I’ve went bascialy to Sapphire within two days of active playing as SoloQ, then stopped playing Ranked because of -reasons-… poor me!

How is any of that fair?

Lol, due, lol.
Majority of playerbase is playing solo… how is that fair they are matched vs premades?!

in PvP

Posted by: Arcade.8901

Arcade.8901

How is any of that fair?

It’s simple, the guy played, had fun, spoiled others fun, gated their progress, now he whines about his que times. He is a part of the problem why he has long queues.

The SPvP playerbase is small, he could see that happen. He refused to see it, now he pays for it, what’s the problem ? I m here 1 game from a ruby for 3 days already, and you know what ? I don’t want to get into “the pleb farm division” and play Spvp at all for those past days.

(edited by Arcade.8901)

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

It’s called unfair advantage, when you que with friends agianst lower ranked players.

Oh noes. I’ve went bascialy to Sapphire within two days of active playing as SoloQ, then stopped playing Ranked because of -reasons-… poor me!

How is any of that fair?

Lol, due, lol.
Majority of playerbase is playing solo… how is that fair they are matched vs premades?!

Soloers being “farmed” by premades has been an issue ever since ArenaNet removed soloQ from the game. The idea that Sunfish should only soloQ as to appease (as you put it) the “majority of the playerbase” is ludicrous at best. The fact that his premade teams are matched with a team of full soloers is an ArenaNet issue. Perhaps instead of making frivolous claims in this thread you should focus your efforts on lobbying ArenaNet to reinstate soloQ.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Posted by: Sunfish.5970

Sunfish.5970

Ok how about this. Id solo q if i could, but since i get queues that time out, im going to pick up a couple ambers and 2 other diamonds and continue to farm the people that want to ignore a problem. Happy queueing

Poopy Person : (

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Ok how about this. Id solo q if i could, but since i get queues that time out, im going to pick up a couple ambers and 2 other diamonds and continue to farm the people that want to ignore a problem. Happy queueing

And I hope you get banned for matchmaking manipulation if you do so, happy quequeing

in PvP

Sunfish.5970

And I hope you get banned for matchmaking manipulation if you do so, happy quequeing

Why would i get banned for queueing with my newly found amber pals?

in PvP

Posted by: dannyteo.5864

dannyteo.5864

Why the should he get banned? It’s not his fault ANET has developed a kittenty match making system

Imprezer
Bringer of Gainz

in PvP

Posted by: Hachiman.2470

Hachiman.2470

Soloers being “farmed” by premades has been an issue ever since ArenaNet removed soloQ from the game. The idea that Sunfish should only soloQ as to appease (as you put it) the “majority of the playerbase” is ludicrous at best. The fact that his premade teams are matched with a team of full soloers is an ArenaNet issue. Perhaps instead of making frivolous claims in this thread you should focus your efforts on lobbying ArenaNet to reinstate soloQ.

You have a point but the soloq farming that is currently going on is way worse than it has been. There are really three main problems:

1. Teams have manipulated the MMR after farming soloq extensively in order to reduce queue times.

2. Soloqers are stuck in low ranks because of issue #1. Thus causing an infinite loop between 1 & 2.

3. Allowing this type of toxic gameplay has caused soloqers to quit playing. (This blame goes to design)

How does anyone in the higher tiers expect the majority of the pvp community to climb the latter when you’re constantly adding a ruby in your team so your queue pops faster? The damage has already been done so sadly if you got to these higher tiers and you want to soloq you’re going to just have to deal with it. A lot of soloq experience has revolved around fighting full/partial premades, getting stomped, getting no pips, rince, repeat until you eventually get matched up properly.

(edited by Hachiman.2470)

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Why the should he get banned? It’s not his fault ANET has developed a kittenty match making system

Why? Because system if -flawed-, and abusing flaws in flawed system is exploiting according to Code of Conduct, which may result in account suspension or permanent accoutn suspension.

If Anet could ban Karma crafting guys, they SHOULD ban people exploiting matchmaking.

in PvP

Arcade.8901

Watch out he threatens to farm someone who ignores his " que time problems ". I mean OMG.

in PvP

dannyteo.5864

Why? Because system if -flawed-, and abusing flaws in flawed system is exploiting according to Code of Conduct, which may result in account suspension or permanent accoutn suspension.

If Anet could ban Karma crafting guys, they SHOULD ban people exploiting matchmaking.

Its not a kittening exploit, So if he has friends that are in Amber he cant que up with them because he’s diamond or ruby? Lmao kitten and read a book or something, you have absolutely no sense its quite pathetic actually.

Imprezer
Bringer of Gainz

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Watch out he threatens to farm someone who ignores his " que time problems ". I mean OMG.

To farm me, he would have transfer to EU… and there his failmade would be beaten by soloQ, hue hue hue…

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I’m glad you admited you did farmed soloquers, so I can have no sympathy for you.

in PvP

Posted by: Hachiman.2470

Hachiman.2470

Its not a kittening exploit, So if he has friends that are in Amber he cant que up with them because he’s diamond or ruby? Lmao kitten and read a book or something, you have absolutely no sense its quite pathetic actually.

I agree somewhat but it’s pretty obvious what teams are doing when you see 4 diamonds and one amber on the team. Teams are clearly abusing the MMR so they can get fast queue times and climb the latter because the competition they are going against is far inferior. I’d say this form of game play is abuse, even if the system is broken. I don’t think the requirement for something to be abuse depends on if it is the result of a broken game mechanic.

in PvP

dannyteo.5864

again he is essentially forced to this because of his hour long que times, do you really think someone from a high tier pvp league wants to get qued up against mediocre players who dont understand the game and get 3 people to cap one uncontested point?

Imprezer
Bringer of Gainz

in PvP

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Anet, you’ve said that the queue times will get better once the majority of the population catches up, but that’s so far proven to be false, at least in my case.

How can majority of the people catch up, when the pro and experienced players are abusing the MMR to get lower que time and farm less skilled players.

It’s kinda true, since you lose tiers in Ruby and above, most people are not going to get out of Ruby simply due to that. Most people at Ruby level are getting farmed by diamonds & pro league pre-mades where they have absolutely no chance at winning. This gets old very quickly especially knowing you can’t secure a tier and work your way up slowly.

In divisions prior to Ruby, you could slowly work your way up, 5 wins at a time. It was rough at times but at least it was doable, you could make progress But majority of the players will not get past Ruby simply because you lose tiers. And asking people to win that many games is just not possible for most that don’t run premades.

I remember I was getting farmed by sunfish’s pre-made group when I was trying to finish up my last tier of Sapphire just a few days ago. Bumped into him and pro league premades no less than 6 times in 3 hours, nearly gave up trying that night. In fact I think I did give up and walk away for 5 hours, then later on went and finished last tier of Sapphire. I was fighting pro league premades that were full of diamonds & rubies as a sapphire. I would guess anybody who don’t have the stomach to grind out likely have quit the game after experiencing such.

Anyways I was over it because I couldn’t lose a tier, so even though I was stuck on the last tier of sapphire, I still could work towards getting into the next division. Now at Ruby however, after many games and seeing many premades, I just don’t see myself getting out of this division at all. The ability to lose tiers will prevent a great majority from advancing, thus they’ll stop queuing and caring. When you have less people queuing and playing, this will affect everybody’s queue times.

My suggestion to help prevent this pvp league from dying is to stop the loss of tiers in Ruby division. Also the game should be smart enough to know when a premade pro league team is going up against soloQ’ers, that they’ll have no chance and should not lose pips. At the moment people are not catching up because many are giving up trying. Again sapphire was rough, but knowing I couldn’t lose a tier I still queued up and played. Ruby however, watching my pips zero out so many times, it doesn’t make you want to keep going because there’s no progress. With no carrot and no incentive for people to keep queuing up, this queue issue is going to remain bad.

I’m agreeing that the system is broken. Nobody right now like how it works, ranging from pro league players to your average joe’s, from pre-mades to soloQers. Anet, you know something’s terribly wrong when people up & down all are voicing against your league system and how it works currently. And on top of that you have got the balance issues that once again, everybody top to down agrees we’re in a terrible meta. Time to act is now Anet.

(edited by gavyne.6847)

in PvP

Sunfish.5970

I did no such thing :o

But if i cant solo q, and people say its my fault, guess the only way i can play is to do the thing they hate most and queue with a group xD

in PvP

dannyteo.5864

If anything the lower level pvpers should take it as a positive lol, If you want to be a good player play with the best players and you’ll get there quicker.

Imprezer
Bringer of Gainz

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Is OP trying to queue for stronghold while stronghold is disabled?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Arcade.8901

I did no such thing :o

But if i cant solo q, and people say its my fault, guess the only way i can play is to do the thing they hate most and queue with a group xD

Less and less people even care about it at thst point, well, at least i don’t, play what is fun for you, i don’t even care if SPvP ll get the final nail in it’s coffin with those Leagues. And i know that Anet won’t ban you for it.

But from this thread i haven’t actually understand the point of your whining, you say you have big que times, because you duo/triple/5man qued there.

So ? What’s your point ? People abusing the system ? Everyone knows that and whine about that. People tank mmr ? People know that and whine about it. Premades farm soloqers like you do ? Everyone knows that and whine about it. That you have big que times ? People don’t even care about it, there are way bigger issues then yours. Well white knights will care i guess….

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Maybe stop farming pugs up to diamond tier and you’ll be able to let some of them catch up.

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

How is any of that fair?

So how is the reverse fair, for new PvP or less skilled players being farmed by these “pro” team guys just so it’s easier (and faster que time) for the pro team guys to advance.

Is the league system out to punish less skilled players for the enjoyment of the “pro” players?

Get this, if this game mode drives away more players both old and new, these “pro” players can look at even longer que, no matter which tier they are in.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Maybe stop farming pugs up to diamond tier and you’ll be able to let some of them catch up.

ding ding ding, we have a winner!

OP complaining that he no-life farmed the system up to Diamond and now there is no one to play. Well, no kitten, you abused and exploited to be out in front. Enjoy being out in front now.

My Queue times are super short since leagues came out and since I dont no-life this game, I have been moving up in leagues at a reasonable rate and keeping with the majority of the population.

Many people are solo’ing through the system as well (I am) so it will take us much longer to get up to a high division. Maybe OP should go solo unranked until the population can put in the time he did already.

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

LOLOLOLOLOL.

I apologize for finding humor in your misfortune.

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Why not playing unranked or roaming wvw? Could be a solution if all you want is to pvp.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

Just find some one that is just starting at pvp and queue with them. Take the time to teach them how to play and move on to another new player. This benefits you and the community.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

It’s must be lonely at the top.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

It’s must be lonely at the top.

Diamond rank is rank V. Rank V for virgin?

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but its probably a bug. I could be wrong, but even before seasons I ended up in a 1 hour queue, asked in hotm. I was told to requeue, I did and it popped in 5 minutes. I think that the queue can sometimes bug and go forever until you reset it.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Im sorry for your que time and this is disgusting.

This is a PRO league yet we cant even get people games. I dont understand why the game simply just doesnt put you with lower ques vs a lower premade.

This is so wrong and the question at this point is how do we get a point across to anet? Maybe if everyone quit playing PvP? I know the PvP Pro league teams are trying to win money but what if they came together and said hey fix the game.

I dont know because your not the only person who has this problem and its a real shame.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

#firstworldproblems
but yeah I would just wait until people catch up.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

I find this rather funny but at same time I also understand, you shouldn’t be forced to wait to play the game it’s rather fail system but at same time what you get for farming solo que’ers in au timezone…. karma’s a kitten it seems.

trio queing with friends isnt farming, and that long que time is just solo. solo me into a 5 man for all I care, i just want to play the game. I dont recall playing with any other esl player in au timezone :p

I do understand it sucks the whole league system is designed to punishes players who team up to make there way up the divisions. Also punished for trying to grind to get the final reward which many I believe want.

I just found this funny because you farmed me last night with your pre-made, felt like bit of karma, gave me good laugh.

The premade was me and my pve friends, and you only got upset because you werent the one farming, which you do constantly when your team is on :p. Regardless, this was meant to address queue times and divisions. Shouldnt punish players for playing the game.

We must have same “PvE Friends”, I was talking to “PvE Friend” asking when you guys would be done so I could stop doing Unranked, “PvE Friend” said once we are done farming Sunfish to diamond. So the “PvE Friends” seem to think this is some new pve content they need to farm/grind.

They did League System completely wrong, in Dota 2 they have both Solo MMR and Team MMR, so even if you did grind/farm for the reward track which is what you did, you could still do Solo Que and get games due to having different MMR as Solo Que player. No idea why Anet didn’t do this in first place, it’s like they didn’t do problem solve before making it go live like most major companies would.

I was planning on doing same thing you did but after talking to friends who rushed there way up the tiers and the massive forum post from dev’s about how que system will work, I made sure not to abuse system which is meaningless and is just new reward track for cosmetics.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Relax, team. This will be addressed with the patch in 2 months. Go outside. Stop playing the game. It’s what Anet wants.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Make that patch late March, and underwhelming, in the way things are done now. The holiday buying season will be over. No more HoT expected to be sold. No rush.

It all depends on how much the two PvP programmers can get done and test a little. I am guess it is about 2 fulltime equivalent programmers right now.

Will there even BE another expansion?

Maybe something in November 2016 just to goose the holiday sales one last time.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Can someone who is mad about people being diamond please calm down then logically explain to me why you think it’s okay for ANet’s matchmaking to allow for 2 hour queues that time out?

Then also please calmly explain, using logic (not spite), why you think it’s wrong for diamond players to play with others who are amber so they can actually get a match?

I think if you would just take off the rage goggles, you would realize there’s nothing logical in arguing that those queue times are okay or that it’s wrong to play with people so you can get a match in a reasonable time.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Can someone who is mad about people being diamond please calm down then logically explain to me why you think it’s okay for ANet’s matchmaking to allow for 2 hour queues that time out?

Yes, it is. MM is supposed to find fair matches, if there are no fair matches, because someone decided to pugstomp all day… he can go play Unranked until people catch up, ranked season will last two months, not two weeks.

Then also please calmly explain, using logic (not spite), why you think it’s wrong for diamond players to play with others who are amber so they can actually get a match?

Because as stated above, its simply not fair. They proved with their performace, that players in tiers below them, shouldn’t be matched against them no matter what.

I think if you would just take off the rage goggles, you would realize there’s nothing logical in arguing that those queue times are okay or that it’s wrong to play with people so you can get a match in a reasonable time.

They can get matches in reasonable time, just not Ranked matches.
Farmboys just want to keep shameless pugstomp all day every day, so they can have different badge color, like it would matter.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

This is pretty easy to explain and I don’t think people think it’s ok to have such queues, they just have no sympathy for OP due to the fact this affects them, too.

You know, lots people queue solo or with a friend, probably even majority. And these soloqers get matched against teaams and they often have low chance of beating them, therefore they lose pips. Was there something they could have done? Not so much. If you run into these premades just because your MMR is quite high and get punished for it, it’s really not okay either.

Now, why don’t people like these players take lower rank members? That’s simple, too. They’re lowering their party MMR which means they will get a team with a lesser chance of beating them due to the fact the party MMR is not correct. We’ve also seen people going on other accounts to lower the queue times. Is the player on alt account worse? No. But they will get matched with enemy team as if he was worse. It also messes up pip loss/gain. Since the outccome of match if calculated from incorrect numbers, it can result in very frustrating losses for the enemy team.

Could anet do something to prevent both pugs getting farmed and people not being able to get a game? Yes, it’s called soloq.

(edited by Laraley.7695)

in PvP

Shockwave.1230

Yes, it is. MM is supposed to find fair matches, if there are no fair matches, because someone decided to pugstomp all day… he can go play Unranked until people catch up, ranked season will last two months, not two weeks.

Then why do you think it’s okay for the system to punish players who play well and play alot, by forcing them to not play after a certain point?

Because as stated above, its simply not fair. They proved with their performace, that players in tiers below them, shouldn’t be matched against them no matter what.

Again why would anyone think it’s okay to restrict players from playing in the ladder, simply because they’re better?

They can get matches in reasonable time, just not Ranked matches.
Farmboys just want to keep shameless pugstomp all day every day, so they can have different badge color, like it would matter.

Pretty much the same question, why is it okay to prevent their league progression simply because they are good and play a lot?

in PvP

Shockwave.1230

This is pretty easy to explain and I don’t think people think it’s ok to have such queues, they just have no sympathy for OP due to the fact this affects them, too.

You know, lots people queue solo or with a friend, probably even majority. And these soloqers get matched against teaams and they often have low chance of beating them, therefore they lose pips. Was there something they could have done? Not so much. If you run into these premades just because your MMR is quite high and get punished for it, it’s really not okay either.

Now, why don’t people like these players take lower rank members? That’s simple, too. They’re lowering their party MMR which means they will get a team with a lesser chance of beating them due to the fact the party MMR is not correct. We’ve also seen people going on other accounts to lower the queue times. Is the player on alt account worse? No. But they will get matched with enemy team as if he was worse. It also messes up pip loss/gain. Since the outccome of match if calculated from incorrect numbers, it can result in very frustrating losses for the enemy team.

Could anet do something to prevent both pugs getting farmed and people not being able to get a game? Yes, it’s called soloq.

I agree, the easiest way to relieve most of this tension is to simply add solo/duo queue, the problem is ANet needs to figure out how league progression would work for solo queue and team queue

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Then why do you think it’s okay for the system to punish players who play well and play alot, by forcing them to not play after a certain point?

They aren’t punished. System gave them clear msg – Guys, you’re the champions, we can’t find anyone worth your time. You should wait until worthy opponents arive, in meantime you can practice in unranked.

Again why would anyone think it’s okay to restrict players from playing in the ladder, simply because they’re better?

It’s simple. Those matches wouldn’t be fair. It’s like pairing some random kids against world 1st Puglist when he can’t find any worthy opponents, so he won’t die due to boredom.

Pretty much the same question, why is it okay to prevent their league progression simply because they are good and play a lot?

Yes, it’s. Since if you let them play unfair matches, they players who got matched against them (soloQ mostly) will be punished by getting match they can’t win. What is more, difference in MMR <→ Divisions will get even bigger, because poor guys who got 0% chances to win the game will still lose MMR and pip (or pips because Amber/Emerald was involved in team abusing matchmaking).

If our “pros” would play like majority of playerbase (read: soloQ/duoQ) they wouldn’t have such issue… I think Rom just today hit Ruby, Helseth is still in Sapphire, I doubt our dear farmboys are better than Rom or Helseth, seriously.

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

Laraley.7695

If our “pros” would play like majority of playerbase (read: soloQ/duoQ) they wouldn’t have such issue… I think Rom just today hit Ruby, Helseth is still in Sapphire, I doubt our dear farmboys are better than Rom or Helseth, seriously.

No, ofc they aren’t. Worse players getting diamond cause of this farm while players who would only solo or duoq are lower. Anyways, respect for Rom and Helseth not trying to farm their way up, which also obviously improves the streams. Nothing worse to watch than 5 man farming pugs.

in PvP

Shockwave.1230

They aren’t punished. System gave them clear msg – Guys, you’re the champions, we can’t find anyone worth your time. You should wait until worthy opponents arive, in meantime you can practice in unranked.

So if there’s no one worth there time playing why would they play unranked, where the less competitive players are?

I’m pretty sure they don’t want to wait to hours for a queue reset that tells them “congrats you’re awesome”

It’s simple. Those matches wouldn’t be fair. It’s like pairing some random kids against world 1st Puglist when he can’t find any worthy opponents, so he won’t die due to boredom.

If unfair matches is what we’re trying to avoid why would they go to unranked, where the matches are likely to be even more onesided?

Yes, it’s. Since if you let them play unfair matches, they players who got matched against them (soloQ mostly) will be punished by getting match they can’t win.

So it’s okay to punish people who play well and a lot by stopping their progression until other people catch up with them?

The system is as a whole flawed then, and it’s not a problem with the players. Here’s why, because at some point yes more people will reach ruby. However, because of the nature of reaching diamond, legendary, and each legendary tier after that, the best teams will further separate themselves.

In NA take the Abjured for example. When is the last time they lost a tournament set? I don’t even know, I don’t care, point is they have some rediculously high win rate percentage. Which means the more time they play the more pips they gain and the more legendary tiers they achieve.

If matchmaking is so flawed that it times out after 2 hours for a diamond solo player who could be matched up with Rubies and Saphhires, imagine Abjured being Legendary x10 trying to find a match with even diamonds? There are 10 tiers of separation there.

This means one of 2 things, at legendary x10 they would probably never find a match no matter how much time passed, or the more likely scenario, even if based on how much they played they would have deservedly reach legendary x10, they never could because as they reach legendary, then legendary x2, etc… they would have to wait and hope that more of the playerbase could reach closer to their tier.

This means that the league system in it’s current design, is designed to punish top players who play a lot.

So, who is really to blame? The players for being too good and playing too much? Or the system?

I think we all know the answer there.

(edited by Shockwave.1230)

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They are punished. Legendary achievements require 3 matches per day for the whole of the season. If they wait they can’t get it. They system is just completely kittened every which way from matchmaking through to the league ladder to the grindy nature of the achievements. Matchmaking should clearly assume a higher party mmr in such cases and/or players in the other team should have a lesser chance of losing pips. In every way the blame should be on anet.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Now, why don’t people like these players take lower rank members? That’s simple, too. They’re lowering their party MMR which means they will get a team with a lesser chance of beating them due to the fact the party MMR is not correct.

Thats then a system problem not a player problem

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Morwath.9817

tl:dr

I’ve never said system is perfect and not flawed…
Yet, some people will push system to the limits and then try to push it even more exploiting flaws in flawed system to get even bigger part of cake than they were supposed to get. If you think I will symphatize with some cheap abusers, I won’t.

Some people are like thieves, if catch thier hand during act of thievery, they will scream its not mine hand, its not mine fault!!!, it’s exacly the same kind of mentality.

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

Shockwave.1230

tl:dr

I’ve never said system is perfect and not flawed…
Yet, some people will push system to the limits and then try to push it even more exploiting flaws in flawed system to get even bigger part of cake than they were supposed to get. If you think I will symphatize with some cheap abusers, I won’t.

Some people are like thieves, if catch thier hand during act of thievery, they will scream its not mine hand, its not mine fault!!!, it’s exacly the same kind of mentality.

They aren’t doing anything wrong by queuing with low tiers, they are just trying to play the game in the competitive queue. The system takes that completely away from some people as it currently exists if you don’t take low queue players.

You can yell and scream foul, but teams that are already pro league teams don’t impact placings for the guild challenger league. So nothing foul is afoot.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

They aren’t doing anything wrong by queuing with low tiers, they are just trying to play the game in the competitive queue. The system takes that completely away from some people as it currently exists if you don’t take low queue players.

So?
-> Is system flawed? Check: Yes.
-> Are they abusing flaws in system? Check: Yes.
-> Are they abusing for personal gains? Check: Yes.
-> Do other players are disadvantaged because of abusing? Check: Yes.
-> Is abusing/exploiting against Code of Conduct? Check: Yes.

Do we should really care about their motives? Nope.
You will ask why shouldn’t we care about their motives? Because we will never know their real motives, since we can’t enter their head and read their thoughts, they may say I just want to play, but will it be true? We will never know.

You can yell and scream foul, but teams that are already pro league teams don’t impact placings for the guild challenger league. So nothing foul is afoot.

So only guild challengers are playing in Ranked?

(edited by Morwath.9817)