9k+ Kill Shots from 1500 range = new FoTM

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

The game is still primarily Thief Wars 2 for sPvP, but I predict the the insta-gib fans may be switching soon.

Watch out for Kill Shot in your death summary in the near future.

Personally…I don’t have a huge problem with insta-gib specs, but given the nerfs since release…it doesn’t seem like these things were intended. (If so…whoever was assigned to Thieves and Warriors internally at Anet did a crappy job of uncovering insta-gib opportunities during beta.)

With thieves…First it was heartseeker, then pistol whip, then the signet.

Warrior’s HBs has a fair amount of tradeoffs, but adding it with over 9k potential from range is something I don’t see lasting very long in light of the Thief nerfs…no matter what the setup required.

The other option is to give every profession a similar RANGED insta-gib option that everyone has to L2dodge.

Right now…you just have a few professions corrupting sPvP population due to insta-gib potential and a few corrupting tPvP due to their superior bunkering potential. Both have caused a dramatic decline in the game’s popularity and credibility.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

One of the slowest cast time ingame and people still have problem with it? If you do not want to dodge, just run behind some rock or tree or smth, there is enough time even to run towards the war and cc him.

Its funny when this game pvp requires more skill, and people cry to change it that they would not have to dodge or stunbreak or keep eyes open, just TAB+press rotation and win – there are mmorpgs like that in the market, you can go and play them, do not ruin this game for players that actually want to try to learn how to master their profession and counter enemies properly…

(edited by Lukin.4061)

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Doesn’t it have like a 2-3 second cast time or something? Not to mention… wow, I am seeing those Rifle Warriors everywhere. lol Realistically, I see very few Warriors in sPvP and of the ones I do see 80% are GS, 15% are other melee specs, and maybe 5% are Rifle. lol

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

lol…I knew a mere prediction would arouse paranoia from warriors.

There is also a bug with a separate warrior ability that allows huge dmg…I guarantee 100% the paranoid responders to this thread would defend it if Anet hadn’t already said it was bug.

You would hear the same excuses about the bug…“l2p”, “l2dodge”, “it only affects necros with minions”, “it requires setup”, etc."

Fortunately…it looks like my prediction won’t come through because all these warrior responding seem to have great difficulty landing a kill shot and they can’t figure out how to properly incorporate 1 ranged shot with 9k potential into their builds/rotations.

whew….thank goodness for noobness and ignorance to cover up bugs and faulty design.

Props to those few warriors who have figured it out

btw…I knew paranoid warriors would try to discredit my prediction, but someone actually argued about the decline in the game’s popularity. If you don’t even notice the difference from release to now, i don’t know what to say…it just shows people will argue ANYTHING.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Kill shot is terrible.
Sure in pug 8v8s where no one has a lick of an idea of what they are doing so any high dps spec can just walk into any encounter and land anything… kill shot is about a 6/10.
A single 3~ second cast 9~k attack is alright. Allot of drawbacks, still bumb rushing with greatsword/axe-shield/endure pain/frenzy/stability-on-being-CC’d tends to take the cake.
(I’m a rank 38 ranger, I’ve only been HIT by killshot 2? maybe 3? times in all my gaming)

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Actually most of us didn’t realize the trailing blade bug existed, then commented that it must be a bug before the ANet guy confirmed it.

The only reason we’ll laugh about your killshot complaint is that it’s one of the largest self rooting cast time attacks in the game without frenzy.

Also, reflecting it back to the rifle war (when you see them) is too funny

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

As a warrior, I find that there’s a huge trade-off if you pick a rifle. You have much better burst and survivability with gs + axe/shield since you can load your adrenaline with gs and use axe finisher so they complement each other very well. If you run gs + rifle you lose a very good ability shield block so you will die very easily. If you run rifle + axe/shield, both require a full adrenaline bar to burst so they don’t complement each other well.

in PvP

garethh.3518

Wow, Kill shot and volley must soo, hard to dodge. I mean double tapping or even just using v is like impossible before the kill shot gets there right?

Volley is far better than kill shot. If a warrior gets a guy to blow a dodge roll or 2 (to avoid most of the dmg) on volley, the enemy might have just lost since they can’t evade the swap to greatsword and bull’s charge

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

Wow, Kill shot and volley must soo, hard to dodge. I mean double tapping or even just using v is like impossible before the kill shot gets there right?

Volley is far better than kill shot. If a warrior gets a guy to blow a dodge roll or 2 (to avoid most of the dmg) on volley, the enemy might have just lost since they can’t evade the swap to greatsword and bull’s charge

Yeah man totally that means they can’t use their stun breaks either then they are out of endurance.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

garethh.3518

learn to play. a good player of ANY class can take out a thief EASY. if you die in 1 sec you are doing something wrong.

and yes you can shoot 9.5k hit with rifle warrior from far away..

tl;dr: l2p

You haven’t faught any good thieves.
Bad thieves are jokes to kill, bad anythings are easy to kill… good theives… the ones that roam and know when to spike are a whole nother matter…

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

garethh.3518

Yeah man totally that means they can’t use their stun breaks either then they are out of endurance.

Combats not that simple.

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I think you should be more worried about ranged CC warrior builds.

Rifle/Longbow, 5-6 second immobilizes on short cooldowns, 5-6 second aoe fears.

Yeaaaah!

in PvP

Posted by: Krizzy.6950

Krizzy.6950

^^^^give warriors 5-6 seconds of fear, give necromancers (who’s class defining cc is fear) 2 1 second fears on a 20 and 40 second cooldown. GG

in PvP

Knote.2904

As a necro main, yes, I weep.

;(

in PvP

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

Can I see this “insta” Kill Shot build please? My Kill Shot is just too slow…

Krizzy.6950

^^^^give warriors 5-6 seconds of fear

As a Warrior, I fully support this proposal of giving Warriors 5-6 seconds of fear.

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Krizzy.6950

Krizzy.6950

As if warriors weren’t good enough, they need a 5 second fear? You’re joking. To even be able to get someone off a point with necro you have to have perfect timing with your 2 fears, and even then it isnt enough most of the time. You’re telling me that warriors should be able to fear for 5 seconds off a point with the click of one button? Necros have to trait to even get 1.5 seconds of fear, that’s redic. On a side note, thief fear that they steal from necros also needs a fix. Steal my 1 second fear and get a 3 second aoe one.. yay?

in PvP

Varyag.3751

Krizzy.6950

As if warriors weren’t good enough, they need a 5 second fear? You’re joking.

Hey, you’re the guy who suggested it!

in PvP

Posted by: Moxrox.2496

Moxrox.2496

Once I played an Elementalist tank with 2200 toughness and got hit with

9k by BLADETRAIL (these are two hits in one animation wiht 900 range)

As a tank !

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Of all the things you could complain about, why Kill Shot? Rifle Warrior is too vulnerable and is too easy to pressure it’s not even funny. Even if you had Balanced Stance and Endure Pain on your 789, survival as Rifle isn’t forgiving as you think it is.

Not to mention, Rifle damage out-put isn’t even that good.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

Knote.2904

Btw I was serious about the fear thing.

I’ve been doing condition duration warrior builds for fun.

Literally 5-6 second immobilizes and fears.

in PvP

Varyag.3751

Literally 5-6 second immobilizes and fears.

What are you using to boost condition duration?

in PvP

garethh.3518

^^^^give warriors 5-6 seconds of fear, give necromancers (who’s class defining cc is fear) 2 1 second fears on a 20 and 40 second cooldown. GG

90s CD and its relatively close range.
Fear is also a condition so can be cleansed.

And Varyag, its 3~s normally at most, so the +30% from the first tree and another possible 15-30~ from runes would be roughly 5s of fear.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Varyag.3751

garethh.3510

And Varyag, its 3~s normally at most, so the +30% from the first tree and another possible 15-30~ from runes would be roughly 5s of fear.

+30% from the tree, maximum 16% from runes would equal roughly 4 1/2s (at point blank range in regards to the fear), with a minimum recharge of 64 seconds for fear and 25 seconds for immobilize. So you’re roughly correct.

But sure, it would be great for jumping people who don’t run any condition removal or stability, but really, 100Blades/Frenzy builds are also great at jumping people like that – plus the build will also kill them quicker.

(edited by Varyag.3751)

in PvP

Knote.2904

Actually 20% from runes, so technically 4.5 but I swear from testing I’ve counted a little over 5 seconds.

And also 6 sec immobilize on bolas with 16 sec cooldown lol and 5 sec immo on 25 sec, lol. =p

I was using it to basically make me impossible to catch/kill.

Hell anyone warrior can fit bolas + 30 in Power tree for 5.2 sec immobilizes with a 16 second cooldown. Considering stun breaks and stability don’t do squat against it, and how unreliable most condition removals are against it, it’s one of the strongest conditions and pretty much will FORCE cooldowns.

in PvP

Posted by: LiuliRenai.3928

LiuliRenai.3928

Dear Original Poster.

I know that you like 50% of the game’s population are under the impression that Berserker set is the only set of armor available in the game.

But let me tell you a secret – Berserker is in fact only one out of many possible equipment sets! What’s more, for most builds Berserker is a bad set to use! I know, astonishing.

Here is the thing – If you have zero investment in toughness, you will take exponentially increased damage to the point where abilities that hit for 6k on an avarage medium armor player will hit you for 9k. Invest at least moderarely in Toughness or you forfeit your right to complain about being a glass cannon.

As for the ability with a very obvious animation, long cast time, self root, and costs Warrior all of their endurance to use, being OP, all I can say is sigh.

Liuli – Mesmer – Piken Square

in PvP

Varyag.3751

Knote.2904

Actually 20% from runes, so technically 4.5 but I swear from testing I’ve counted a little over 5 seconds.

And also 6 sec immobilize on bolas with 16 sec cooldown lol and 5 sec immo on 25 sec, lol. =p

Ah, what runes were you using? 2x Superior Lyssa, Lich and Nightmare was about 16-18% from memory – can’t be bothered looking it up. I’ll have to try this, it might be even better on Engineer with net shot and bleeds/burn/poison.

(edited by Varyag.3751)

in PvP

Knote.2904

2 Lyssa for 10 and 4 Nightmare for 10

in PvP

Varyag.3751

4 Superior Runes of the Nightmare gives 6% condition duration. Using 2x Superior Lyssa (10%), Lich (4%) and Nightmare (4%) would give you 18%.

(edited by Varyag.3751)

in PvP

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Killshot is surprisingly easy to dodge. The animation is obvious and somewhat in sync with your reaction time; you see a warrior take a knee, you reaction, press dodge, and often its exactly when the shot happens. 0 damage. New FotM, yeah.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in PvP

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

As a tank !

Rush (GS gap closer) hits for 5k. Basically every single skill on GS skill bar crits for 4-5k.

in PvP

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

I think there’s only one course of action. Delete all rifle warriors from the game. It’s all I see, rifle warriors everywhere, ruining it for everyone else with their over the top rifle damage. Don’t get me started on those longbow warriors either.

As a warrior I agree with mancaptain, all my skills do 4-5k, even my auto attack each swing.

Even when i’m just looking at opponents i’m doing 4-5k.

I don’t even have to wear full bezerker gear + precision/damage runes+sigils, with 800 toughness and 18k total hps to even come close to that sort of damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Cyricus.2981

Cyricus.2981

As a tank !

That’s because it’s bugged/was bugged.

in PvP

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

Kill shot is actually exactly what a very high damage skill should be: slow, distinctive, and requires power-up.

If you get hit by kill shot you usually deserve it. There are rare exceptions, but the vast majority of the time it’s your own fault.

If only all the insta-gib skills were similar…

in PvP

Posted by: Suctum.6912

Suctum.6912

I think about 8k is what I have been hit with by Kill Shot, it’s not instant death but the high DPS from range is kind of cheap. Easy to avoid if your in a 1v1 scenerio, not so easy when it’s a zerg fest and your avoiding 3 other people as well.

Of course, if GW2 would implement cast bars and target of target you would have a much easier time avoiding cheeseball attacks like that… rather than just relying on animation alone.

(edited by Suctum.6912)

in PvP

Posted by: TehPenGu.6127

TehPenGu.6127

I love killshot! Because its so increadibly easy to avoid. The dmg is not that high, there are multiple ways to reflect a projectile in this game, and LoS kite totaly makes it useless. I’ve played ranger, so I have seen people kite projectiles for most of my career, and killshot is on no account a hard skill to avoid.

WE BUILT THIS CITY!

in PvP

Posted by: EaGrimdarK.7849

EaGrimdarK.7849

Warrior’s have been hitting Kill Shot at 9k plus since beta. There’s a reason it went out of style.

If you are that upset at GW2 then you just look like an idiot for sticking around. -Bongwizard Slubs

in PvP

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

I did 15k killshot once, im still not convinced by rifle. Its bad for pvp, its bad for pve, its bad in general.

in PvP

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

Warrior is far to effective at range, I will give him that…

in PvP

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

If you can’t avoid a 3 second cast where the warrior is kneeling down in a hilariously obvious manner, you need to have a cup of coffee and wake the kitten up.

in PvP

Posted by: Daltonymous.7259

Daltonymous.7259

Reflect projectile is your friend.

in PvP

Chris.7653

Sigh I hate having to post before I can reply to someone…

in PvP

Chris.7653

If you can’t avoid a 3 second cast where the warrior is kneeling down in a hilariously obvious manner, you need to have a cup of coffee and wake the kitten up.

You are delusional if you think everyone pays attention to the ranged warrior at all times when a thief, Mesmer or Guardian are up in your face.

If it was a 1v1 then yeah you would be dumb…but then again there are no cast bars so unless you are next to cover there isn’t really a way to tell when it will go off to doge.