A GG button please

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

How about this, if the match is 5 minutes in and you’re 200 or 300 points behind, just give us the ability to forfeit the game. At that point it’s pretty clear you’re not going to win. Best then to end it quickly and hope for better in the next match.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Bring back /resign

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Hendrix.9763

Hendrix.9763

If they implemented 1 rez per 1 stomp, and synchronized respawns to prevent one team from trickling back into battle, then comebacks might be easier to make happen.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

No no u need to keep playing and feeding, doesnt matter u are behind 300 points with no capps, just keep playing , otherwise i report u for afk and blame u on the loss.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

If the game is 4v5 for longer than 2minutes it also should end automatically

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

I actually like this idea. But make it a forfeit option instead. Some players like sticking around, even in an outnumbered situation, for the sake of a challenge.

A GG button please

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

I actually like this idea. But make it a forfeit option instead. Some players like sticking around, even in an outnumbered situation, for the sake of a challenge.

I dont want to have to stick around just because 1 or more of the rest of the team wants to stick around. There will always be trolls who will never use forfeit.
Its bad enough that currently in unranked there are always trolls voting for other maps and then making fun in map chat that the people trying to get the achievements got screwed again.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

But you do have to stick around. When you join a game, you’re joining for the full game, not for just when you feel like playing. Trolls are the ones who gave up or go afk without the entire team agreeing. Unless everybody agrees to forfeit, everybody is supposed to keep playing normaly.

Pumpkin – Mag

(edited by Pumpkin.5169)

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

But you do have to stick around. When you join a game, you’re joining for the full game, not for just when you feel like playing. Trolls are the ones who gave up or go afk without the entire team agreeing. Unless everybody agrees to forfeit, everybody is supposed to keep playing normaly.

This. I agree.

U play the game with losses and wins.

Stomps and bieng stomped. Where is the fun if u can’t even be guaranteed of complete matches? Since they are players who AFK for simply losing mid fight or not having his/her preffered team comp. Imagine matches were u are on a roll. And people just kittening quit.

But if a forfeit option should exist. EVERYBODY HAS TO AGREE!!!. I come here to play a full game.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I’ve been down by 250 points only to make a comeback. It has happened several times this season. A forfeit button is just a lazy man’s way of not trying.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Forefit button is a good thing but all five (or at least four) must press it … Thus it might not be so useful.

A GG button please

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

Why should I have to stick around in a 4v5 game? I applied for a 5v5 match not for 4v5 matches.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: DrakoRoma.4167

DrakoRoma.4167

Why should I have to stick around in a 4v5 game? I applied for a 5v5 match not for 4v5 matches.

Interesting point since in almost every sport this would be the grounds for automatic forfeiture. In those sports, however, are defined teams with additional alternate players, something that isn’t done here through online play.
It’d be interesting if there was a way to volunteer to fill a vacancies for a group that is short members at the time of match start. That could get more plays in and less queueing time for most people, plus at least know someone is actually connected and present for what would otherwise be kitten in a match. How rank / pips should be affected is a concern, though.

PS; I came in here thinking the original might might be a suggestion for giving players a way to state if they were satisfied with a particular match at the end of it.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Madman.6912

Madman.6912

just out of curiosity, so you even know what “gg” means? because for me it is quite the opposite of the situation you want to use it in… unless you mean it in a deeply sarcastic way

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

They need to bring back s1 pip system which encouraged people to play till the end even if they were losing.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Emmrahil.1934

Emmrahil.1934

How about this, if the match is 5 minutes in and you’re 200 or 300 points behind, just give us the ability to forfeit the game. At that point it’s pretty clear you’re not going to win. Best then to end it quickly and hope for better in the next match.

You know you can use a defeat to learn things . Also you can do comebacks that you would never did if you forfeit when you loose a lot. Imo a “forfeit” button would have a point (maybe) only in 5v5 team games. Or else random ragers will spamm it at first 50 points difference. And yes you can learn things from 250+ points defeats. Actually you can learn a lot from those games. And no , you dont know everything , you have things to learn.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Can only work if the team that gave up don’t get any reward at all, otherwise people would just queue with a 5 premade and give up within 10 seconds of the start of the match to farm the points and silver.

[HUE]

A GG button please

in PvP

CureForLiving.5360

Can only work if the team that gave up don’t get any reward at all, otherwise people would just queue with a 5 premade and give up within 10 seconds of the start of the match to farm the points and silver.

That would be the idea behind having a time limit before being able to forfeit. Matches are 15 minutes, I think 5 minutes, or maybe 10?

The thing is, that no matter what anyone says the way getting points works means that unless you’re on Legacy of the Foefire late game comebacks are rare and far between.
Ok so you’re 5 minutes in match is 100 : 300. That means one team needs 200 points to win the other 400 hundred. Now 1 second is 1 point, 3 points in a game. Now that means that the 100 team will need to hold all 3 points to win, they’d need to hold it for just over 2 minutes, if they’re only able to hold 2 points then both team reach 500 after 3 minutes and this is ignoring the fact that you’re up against a team that in 5 minutes was able to get a 200 point lead on you.
I can’t be the only person who realizes this? The only way to allow for more late match comebacks is to have more foefire like mechanics, but that wouldn’t exactly be a good fix.

A GG button please

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

That would be the idea behind having a time limit before being able to forfeit. Matches are 15 minutes, I think 5 minutes, or maybe 10?

The thing is, that no matter what anyone says the way getting points works means that unless you’re on Legacy of the Foefire late game comebacks are rare and far between.
Ok so you’re 5 minutes in match is 100 : 300. That means one team needs 200 points to win the other 400 hundred. Now 1 second is 1 point, 3 points in a game. Now that means that the 100 team will need to hold all 3 points to win, they’d need to hold it for just over 2 minutes, if they’re only able to hold 2 points then both team reach 500 after 3 minutes and this is ignoring the fact that you’re up against a team that in 5 minutes was able to get a 200 point lead on you.
I can’t be the only person who realizes this? The only way to allow for more late match comebacks is to have more foefire like mechanics, but that wouldn’t exactly be a good fix.

actually its the oposite, its super hard to comeback in legacy.
that map snowballs hard, and most of the time u lose the mid fight and its game over.

A GG button please

in PvP

CureForLiving.5360

actually its the oposite, its super hard to comeback in legacy.
that map snowballs hard, and most of the time u lose the mid fight and its game over.

Well anecdotal as is, the only come backs I’ve had have been on legacy. Those matches we’re you’re only 100-200 points behind, somehow you manage to get your way into the keep and someone you manage to get the lord down.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

I dont want to have to stick around just because 1 or more of the rest of the team wants to stick around. There will always be trolls who will never use forfeit.
Its bad enough that currently in unranked there are always trolls voting for other maps and then making fun in map chat that the people trying to get the achievements got screwed again.

I should have mentioned that what I mean is that players who want to stick around can stick around, but others can just leave if they want. Basically the match would turn into a hotjoin game. Maybe there would even be autobalancing. This way, players who want to stick around, can stick around without punishing those who don’t want to.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

No I showed up for a game, not what I sometimes get in unranked.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

They need to bring back s1 pip system which encouraged people to play till the end even if they were losing.

Season 1 pip system with season 3 matchmaking. My favorite part was hearing the other team qq when they got a multi pip loss.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

this is fail. why not just enjoy the fight and support your team who may still be trying hard. Just because you lose doesn’t mean its not fun. Asside from this, if they are so far ahead the game will end shortly in any case. – unless you rally and turn it into an epic battle ofc.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

A GG button please

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

this is fail. why not just enjoy the fight and support your team who may still be trying hard. Just because you lose doesn’t mean its not fun. Asside from this, if they are so far ahead the game will end shortly in any case. – unless you rally and turn it into an epic battle ofc.

Lol, so let him feed and try hard alone.
So we r losing 400-20 no capps, and 4 of us stop playing , but this try hard says " o no u are all afk, play or i will report u" should all 4 start feeding then? Because of a blind player?
If the game is lost then its lost, just relax a bit and hopefully all 5 will agree on a resign option.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

your strawman ‘play or I will report you’ has got nothing to do with my point. My point was fight for the pleasure of fighting rather than giving up because your not going to win. Jus relax a bit and enjoy the game is better.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I’ve been down by 250 points only to make a comeback. It has happened several times this season. A forfeit button is just a lazy man’s way of not trying.

That’s what I’ve been trying to tell people. It’s one thing if you’re down 470 to 100. But I’ve had several matches being down 350 to 100 or likewise, where we’ve come back. Sometimes it takes a little time in a game before your team wakes up and realizes how to rotate the map.

A GG button please

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

Some players dont need to wait till is 470-100 to see the game is lost, looking at the team comp and seeing they lose every ream fight, and 300-100 with no caps and on top u have a player that afk at close the whole game maybe….
And some players can see that game is lost and is unfair imo to penalize that player for wanting to afk.
I mean ok lets take this example, u take a 5 men team from esl like i dont know, lets say TCG, and they are wining 150-0 with no caps for the pugs, and a player decides to afk, then every one would understand?
Sometimes a game is lost 150-0 and some players can see it.
Having an option to /resign i think would be a good idea.
There is no point to drag games when u know the game is lost.
I just finish 1 game we were wining 300-100 and we had all the caps and all 5 of us were camping their spawn.
And they just stood in base all 5 of them.
Because they could see it was over.
Yes sometimes players make a comeback, even when there is 100 or 200 diference, they have strong team but had a bad start cause one had lag or had to afk or some misunderstanding, but ..having the option to / resign is also nice incase they decide the game is lost.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

It’s dilemma. If they open that option, there will surely certainly absolutely those noobs who will keep forfeting until they find that team that carry them.

It’s not there because anet wants you to try your hardest even though you are alrrady losing. Also, being behind 100 points doesnt mean you already lose. So many matches where that point gap can turn around.

A GG button please

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I wouldn’t mind a forfeit button, but it can only give up the game if all of the 5 players agree to it (which I would never do so I suppose it wouldn’t affect me). However, if one is introduced it would cause the players who have already voted to give up to rage at that one player who refuses to quit. That is the reason why I don’t believe Anet would ever add something like this, but the idea itself is not bad, the way people would act if it was introduced is bad however

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

A GG button please

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

I wouldn’t mind a forfeit button, but it can only give up the game if all of the 5 players agree to it (which I would never do so I suppose it wouldn’t affect me). However, if one is introduced it would cause the players who have already voted to give up to rage at that one player who refuses to quit. That is the reason why I don’t believe Anet would ever add something like this, but the idea itself is not bad, the way people would act if it was introduced is bad however

They dont need to show who didnt /resign can can make it anonymous.
But still , having such option would be nice and would save a lot of waste time.
Because having games 500-30 500-100 500-150 its not fun for either side.

A GG button please

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

Another matchup 4v5 from start (Vingador was on my team, too) and we could do nothing but waste 10mins in spawn place. I refuse to do more than getting 5-10 personal score for rewards if it is 4v5.
Give us /resign now!