TheDevice.2751

Why would you ever want health or “a second life bar” over
- frequent Blocks
- Invulnerability
- constant stability
- infinite evades
- infinite dodges

Can we strike a deal?

Can we give guards a second life bar and Necromancers get all the blocks and invulnerability we can ask for?

Blocks will block ALLL the damage or the skill that is being used on you.
More health will absorb the damage but will allow the skill to pass

Invuln will make you immune to ALLL damage from all sources no matter of 50 people are attacking you, you will live during that time… and heal if you have some kind of regen or outside healing being done etc. You’ll heal.

Health will never be as good as these things. Never. Do you understand? N e v e r.

I was going to delete this other mess of a whiney complaint about necromancers but I think I’ll share a bit of it now. I’m just kinda reaching that point again after playing gw2 for another couple weeks and will move on again.

Why DEVs don’t really care about necromancers as much as other classes

1. Watch the twitch video of the anet devs showcasing their first big content patch. The one about necromancers and the SoV. Look at the expressions on their faces. XD.

2. Necromancer GS is probably the only HoT expansion weapon thats not viable or even attempted to be viable (by the devs) in spvp. Anet devs don’t even want necro GS as an spvp weapon and more of a pve weapon.

3. No actual ranged power option. Staff, no. Axe, no. They did however make some nice changes to axe/dagger 2 and im sure the DS1 change made it really desirable.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

A: More Life (or) B: Invulnerablilty

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

It’s funny watching people complain about how anet doesn’t care about their classes, of course, until their class gets buffed and they change their tune. I remember fondly all the qq in the guardian forums before the one handed weapons buff. I also remember the lack of qq in the necro boards when chill caused damage.

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

It’s funny watching people complain about how anet doesn’t care about their classes, of course, until their class gets buffed and they change their tune. I remember fondly all the qq in the guardian forums before the one handed weapons buff. I also remember the lack of qq in the necro boards when chill caused damage.

really? What about the QQ from necros asking for more viable power builds / weapons while chill caused damage? Oh wait, all necros are supposed to do is conditions. Way to counter my arguments.

But you’re right, we shouldn’t be balancing around favorites.. lets balance the game around “my class was bad for a short while so it’s allowed to be broken this season”.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

S2 meta. Plenty of power necros. Then chill got buffed to ungodly heights (especially with scepter), and now that we’re back in the same spot everyone’s acting like it’s the end of the world.

Slightly more on topic, the increasing amount of invuln (and block) spam, especially from passives, really needs to be addressed.

(edited by SolarDragon.7063)

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

S2 meta. Plenty of power necros. Then chill got buffed to ungodly heights (especially with scepter), and now that we’re back in the same spot everyone’s acting like it’s the end of the world.

WOW so you’re saying after 4 years nothings changed

so like i said.. actually i dont even know why i bother lol.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

really? What about the QQ from necros asking for more viable power builds / weapons while chill caused damage? Oh wait, all necros are supposed to do is conditions. Way to counter my arguments.

But you’re right, we shouldn’t be balancing around favorites.. lets balance the game around “my class was bad for a short while so they are allowed to be broken this season”.

They don’t have favorites. Which is my argument. Your class isn’t any less favored than any other. It just happens to be lower on the food chain this time. Maybe next time it will be better, OP or worse off. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with anet disliking necro or having some other favorite class.

Much saliva has been spent in this game claiming ele was anet’s favorite class but look at all the qq now.

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

But you’re right, we shouldn’t be balancing around favorites.. lets balance the game around “my class was bad for a short while so they are allowed to be broken this season”.

They don’t have favorites. Which is my argument. Your class isn’t any less favored than any other. It just happens to be lower on the food chain this time. Maybe next time it will be better, OP or worse off. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with anet disliking necro or having some other favorite class.

Much saliva has been spent in this game claiming ele was anet’s favorite class but look at all the qq now.

Name another class that has to rely mostly on health. Keep in mind all the pro’s and cons i just listed.

Name another class who’s HoT specialization weapon isn’t at all viable for spvp and has been purposely designed for pve only.

Name another class that doesn’t have a ranged power option.

Maybe they don’t have a favorite class, but they obviously have a least favorite.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I don’t understand why a necromancer would complain about constant blocks, we have the best Unblockable tools in the game.

If you’re playing against a guardian you just slot Corrupt Boon and then when they throw up the DH shield you just use CB and if it hits you’ve instantly won the fight.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

I don’t understand why a necromancer would complain about constant blocks, we have the best Unblockable tools in the game.

If you’re playing against a guardian you just slot Corrupt Boon and then when they throw up the DH shield you just use CB and if it hits you’ve instantly won the fight.

Oh i forgot the metaslave tactic to run cb and splash conditions everywhere by taking a nap on my keyboard.

Necromancers are the epitome of passive play so long as MM and condi are their only place in the meta (since forever).

in PvP

Sarrs.4831

Oh i forgot the metaslave tactic to run cb and splash conditions everywhere by taking a nap on my keyboard.

Necromancers are the epitome of passive play so long as MM and condi are their only place in the meta (since forever).

Dude if you toss out your best tools because “they are meta” you only have yourself to blame.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Frostball.9108

Frostball.9108

So you refuse to counterplay whats currently being played alot and then proceed to complain about it on the forums?

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Name another class that has to rely mostly on health. Keep in mind all the pro’s and cons i just listed.

Name another class who’s HoT specialization weapon isn’t at all viable for spvp and has been purposely designed for pve only.

Maybe they don’t have a favorite class, but they obviously have a least favorite.

You’re basically the Ithilwen of necros.

in PvP

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

There is another mechanic that doesn’t let an attack through: blind. Necromancers got alot of these. And many other tools except just “health” to stay alive. Thats for the first point.

Another elite spec weapon not designed for PvP: druid staff. Was designed for PvE and WvW mostly. You can use it in pvp, right, but you can use reaper gs too with success. There are many examples out there made reaper gs work.

Another class without ranged power weapon option: thief. They are begging for it since years, still didn’t get.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

HOW?? O.o

The shield last 7 seconds, that skill corrupt 3 boons and have a CD of 15 sec.
if traited in virtues, we can think that the guardian have more or less stability, protection, retalation. Corrupting them we obtain: 1 sec of fear, 3 stacks of vulnerability and 3 of confusion. Our best damage can be, more or less, 2k if he use skills. but he can also active F2 and heal the exact 3 conditions we just corrupted.

Then… fear don’t interrupt F3 shield…
What did we obtained with that perfect move? 2k of damage with 7 seconds while we’re unable to hit our enemy? We can have a build with unblockable Marks, then we’re able to use our marvelous staff skills to inflict damage. more or less… nothing? Staff skills are the worst damage skills of the entire game, we use it only why grant LF with AA and have a send back condition and a fear skill.

Tell me how that make us a Dragonhunter Killer, please. Expecially why a DH can simply active it another time using the elite and make again all out damage a waste, simpli why out of the RS we’re totally unable to inflict any decent damage. Also corrupting boons.

Don’t say that we’re able to kill a DH why that’s more or less impossible. With a simple pull/knockback combo with the sword wall trap a DH can inflict us insane damage, plus all the other LB skills (true shot inflict 6k of damage, just to say). A good DH will kill any necromancer he find in his way really really easy with insane damage, CC, immunity and blocks, with also a good healing ability.

And about of the Blind… with the meta build or a Mm build we’re totally Unable to inflict Blind, unless we enter the Elite form, that is only a way to last a little longer and inflict even lesser damage. i think you fought other builds than the few viable, maybe one with wells, that can spam blind but in the exact moment he spam the wells is useless and dead, because all our others are unable to do it. At last we can corrupt fury to obtain a single blind, nothing more.

Actually the Necromancer is at the bottom class tier, as more or less Always.
We had two times a little of glory and every time that glory last for some month and then disappear into nerfs and other class buffs.

I did tonight 6 match in Ranked and I don’t find Any necromancer in my or the enemy team. just me.
There’s a reason why everyone play ranger, dh, reve, warrior and thief, don’t you think?

in PvP

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Yup its like that in every class section. Still there is one consistant thing that is the problem. Anet continues to rarely if ever grace their presence on here and communicate with its base. Unless it involves cupcakes. So everyone thinks that anet hates their class, until it gets something shinny, then ultimately everyone freaks out and anet takes away their shinny. Then we go back to beginning of the cycle. Ah such as the way of cupcakes.

Tell me how that make us a Dragonhunter Killer, please. Expecially why a DH can simply active it another time using the elite and make again all out damage a waste, simpli why out of the RS we’re totally unable to inflict any decent damage. Also corrupting boons.

Power rev runs over dragon hunter. Block becomes ignorable because of all our unblockable effects. You got marks, nothing can save you, wells, etc. For pvp I’ve been just swaping to power necro when I see stacked guards. It amazes how many people I see run up drop their traps and get downed in well of suffering. It’s pretty easy to keep them lock down and prevent them from doing anything but running around on necro.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

in PvP

Kuya.6495

HOW?? O.o

if traited in virtues, we can think that the guardian have more or less stability, protection, retalation. Corrupting them we obtain: 1 sec of fear, 3 stacks of vulnerability and 3 of confusion. Our best damage can be, more or less, 2k if he use skills. but he can also active F2 and heal the exact 3 conditions we just corrupted.

What did we obtained with that perfect move? 2k of damage with 7 seconds while we’re unable to hit our enemy? We can have a build with unblockable Marks, then we’re able to use our marvelous staff skills to inflict damage. more or less… nothing? Staff skills are the worst damage skills of the entire game, we use it only why grant LF with AA and have a send back condition and a fear skill.

Don’t say that we’re able to kill a DH why that’s more or less impossible. With a simple pull/knockback combo with the sword wall trap a DH can inflict us insane damage, plus all the other LB skills (true shot inflict 6k of damage, just to say). A good DH will kill any necromancer he find in his way really really easy with insane damage, CC, immunity and blocks, with also a good healing ability.

And about of the Blind… with the meta build or a Mm build we’re totally Unable to inflict Blind, unless we enter the Elite form, that is only a way to last a little longer and inflict even lesser damage. i think you fought other builds than the few viable, maybe one with wells, that can spam blind but in the exact moment he spam the wells is useless and dead, because all our others are unable to do it. At last we can corrupt fury to obtain a single blind, nothing more.

Actually the Necromancer is at the bottom class tier, as more or less Always.
We had two times a little of glory and every time that glory last for some month and then disappear into nerfs and other class buffs.

I did tonight 6 match in Ranked and I don’t find Any necromancer in my or the enemy team. just me.
There’s a reason why everyone play ranger, dh, reve, warrior and thief, don’t you think?

ele is actually lowest on the tier list right now. and while you are right that thf is played more frequently in solo q than necro, i honestly feel it should be the other way around. i rather have two necros on my team than two thfs. hell i rather haveone necro to one thf. with solo q full of dh, a thf is a bigger liability than a necro.

usually when a thf comes to help me when i’m 2v1 i just tell him to not bother and let me die since i know he’s just gonna disapoint me

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

There is another mechanic that doesn’t let an attack through: blind. Necromancers got alot of these. And many other tools except just “health” to stay alive. Thats for the first point.

Oh really. Tell me all the blinds necros get. Please. There are so many im sure it will be just as many as guard blocks and thief evades and all that other fun stuff too. Go on. Tell me how many blinds necro’s have. Keep in mind, you just said “necro’s have alot of these.”

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Oh really. Tell me all the blinds necros get. Please. There are so many im sure it will be just as many as guard blocks and thief evades and all that other fun stuff too. Go on. Tell me how many blinds necro’s have. Keep in mind, you just said “necro’s have alot of these.”

Let’s see whenever you corrupt fury which can be done with 3 different skills, then there is signet of spite, well of darkness, Nightfall, deathly swarm… And there are a few more….

in PvP

Sarrs.4831

HOW?? O.o

Careful application of strategy and understanding how dragonhunters work.

Shield lasts 5 seconds. Bulwark is a bad trait.

Chill from Fear, Bleed and Vulnerability from Chill.

I didn’t say that you’d be able to immediately destroy the guardian. You’re blowing out his tools. Dragonhunters use their F3 shield as an opportunity to apply damage uninterrupted; your unblockable tools prevent that.

Corrupt Boon plays a key role by removing their stability and allowing you to further disrupt their offensive by tooting at them with your warhorn. You can also use the fear window provided by the corrupted Stability or your unblockable Staff 5 to give you an opportunity to apply Death Shroud’s fear.

Because you don’t understand how dragonhunters work. They need specific situations in order to be able to safely apply their damage. F3 shield is one of them.

If you are having trouble with specific abilities opening CC chains or applying large amounts of damage, try using the Dodge button.

Because people like you don’t know how to play against them, giving them easy wins. Some classes are great for eating noobs.

Let’s see whenever you corrupt fury which can be done with 3 different skills, then there is signet of spite, well of darkness, Nightfall, deathly swarm… And there are a few more….

Necros don’t have great access to blind in the current state of the game. Sig of Spite and Well of Darkness are pretty bad. Nightfall is the only good skill on greatsword, which is otherwise horrible, and deathly swarm can’t fit into modern builds.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Sarrs, do you play a necromancer in the game?
Why more or less all the things you wrot are right but unappliable. Unless the enemy guardian is a really bad one. And yes, I killed some bad guardians, but they don’t grant us the chance to say “we’re a guardian killer class!”.

If a DH is good he will not let you dodge his pull/kb skills. Or at last a single dodge can’t same a necro life against him.

You talk like the staff is the best weapon in the game, like it’s damage is good and the enemy don’t have any way to protect him out of the F3, also granting us all the time and space we need to kill him.
An example: I tried to kill the Medium golem with only the Staff marks, without the AA and other skills. I needed 20 seconds to take it down. And it don’t dodge, heal, clean conditions, use immunity and even kill or CC me.
How can you say that after a simple boon corruption we’re able to totally kill a class with the only use of a Bad weapon and under tons of burst damage.
And when the enemy end it’s F3 protection and I enter my shroud to stun and finally inflict some damage, he just active another protection/block skill and all my damage is gone.

I’m not the best player of the word, I know, there’s still different mistakes I do during a fight, but I play since release and I think I’m able to kill someone with a class I use from one year and half (at last sometimes).

If the DH have some skill in CD, my LF is at the top or I dodge for miracle his best skills (but Lb 4 have a 4 sec of CD and can inflict over 6k of damage, while I’ve not a single block/immunity skill to protect myself. And if I use LF as a shield then I’m unable to inflict damage when he drop out of defensive skills. Just to say), I can be able to kill him, if he’s not a good DH.

Anyway, I belive that you’re a high grade necromancer, an experted player that go around killing any DH he found.
I’m happy to know that there’s a t last one of us that don’t get brutally slayed by any DH he find on his way.

P.s. I tried a power build, and it’s funny. But not even a Well of Suffering plus a high direct damage power ,unblockable by the use of the shout “nothing can save you”, can grant me the victory. more chances to win, a better damage on untouchable players, but still not the chance to win. But at last I had a lot of fun.