A New [GASM] Glory/Rank Farming Custom Arena

in PvP

Posted by: Kruptid.2867

Kruptid.2867

Created a custom arena strictly for quickly farming Glory and Rank Points.

The Server is located in NA region and currently named
[GASM] Glory/Rank Farm: Forest Deathmatch: No Capping

The idea is simple. Leave side spawn on Forest of Niflhel and join your team in a deathmatch on the beach. Nobody should be capping nodes, everyone should remain at the beach and both teams should be dying extremely quickly.

When server is full ( 10v10 ) Everyone on each team should have max rank points (350) in under 5 minutes, in most cases under 3 minutes. If I am currently logged on I will make sure to /gameend when people start hitting 350. Otherwise match will end after 10 minutes or after a team gets 500 points. Respawns are set to individual and 5 seconds.

When I am logged on I may make an announcement to take all armor off and equip Berserker’s or Rampager’s Amulets only. This is to speed up kills and add a substantial amount of humor to the fighting.

Please favorite this map (the NAME may change) and tell your friends. I will only continue to fund this if it stays active.

Any info or feedback can be commented here or PM Kruptid.

(edited by Kruptid.2867)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

kitten is encouraged as well #GASM

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

jportell.2197

10v10 Skyhammer death match cannon room only!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Kruptid.2867

And by kitten you must mean kitten

in PvP

jportell.2197

And by kitten you must mean kitten

I mean 100 Kittens. Cuz 100 bros just aint kitten enough.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Another reason the scoring system needs to be revamped …

I hope this doesn’t come off poorly or in the wrong context … but if players feel the need to create a personal game mode using custom arenas (more power to you!) to have more fun with the scoring system in this game, as well as trying to advance their ranks … then something is horribly wrong with the system itself as it seems to be able to do more harm than good.

I’m currently working on a future thread about the scoring system in this game and how it is debilitating for newer players to sPvP in understanding more elements of a more competitive level of play. Along with suggestions to improve it and make it more rewarding for all aspects of play, especially bunkers.

It would be appreciated if any of you would check it out in the not too distant future, even if it’s to leave negative feedback of what you don’t agree with (or hopefully do).

(edited by Jesiah.2457)

in PvP

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

I hope this doesn’t come off poorly or in the wrong context … but if players feel the need to create a personal game mode using custom arenas (more power to you!) to have more fun with the scoring system in this game, as well as trying to advance their ranks … then something is horribly wrong with the system itself as it seems to be able to do more harm than good.

You are 100% correct. The system is very broken. I hope many people start to utilize these glory grind servers and it forces ANet to revisit things.

Easy fix: award rank points for just about everything but kills. Kills should earn glory only.

in PvP

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

where is the server located, EU or NA? cuz i cant find it on EU :/

Reaper – AnguĂ®sh

in PvP

Kruptid.2867

I hope this doesn’t come off poorly or in the wrong context

No worries here. I do tournaments with a premade and voice comm for fun. For me personally I simply do hotjoins to farm glory when I don’t have a full 5 man team. The matches are lacking in strategy and resort to zerging 99% of the time. Because of this I find it only useful for glory farming. My custom simply speeds that process up and simulates a game mode I would love to have implemented…Deathmatch!

I do think the scoring system needs a big revamp specifically to allow bunkers to receive score for defending points.

Hopefully you guys find use in the custom. Tell your friends and make sure to favorite in case the name changes.

in PvP

Kruptid.2867

where is the server located, EU or NA? cuz i cant find it on EU :/

Sorry NA

I’ll make sure to edit my original post to include this.

Good luck finding someone who creates a similar custom in your region!

in PvP

Posted by: SapphireGrace.7123

SapphireGrace.7123

I think this is kind of screwed up. It makes me feel as if ANet really doesn’t care enough about PvP ranks to ban this sort of blatant abuse.

in PvP

Kruptid.2867

I think this is kind of screwed up. It makes me feel as if ANet really doesn’t care enough about PvP ranks to ban this sort of blatant abuse.

Not really sure how this is abuse. Hotjoins are a clusterkitten of zerg killing even on default servers. Only difference is we’re aiming to keep it in one place with this map.

Does rank matter? No it doesn’t, it is strictly for cosmetic items. No extra power from certain gear, no leaderboard ranking effected.

Not sure what exactly we’re “abusing” but if you think this is wrong than you’re welcome to play hundreds of other hotjoin servers and maybe even try tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

if players feel the need to create a personal game mode using custom arenas (more power to you!) to have more fun with the scoring system in this game, as well as trying to advance their ranks … then something is horribly wrong with the system itself

you are not the only one who noticed it, rank/glory/reward system is just bad, thats a fact

in PvP

Posted by: FausT.5482

FausT.5482

I like the cannon room idea… instagibs for everyone!

Macdizzla

in PvP

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

You are 100% correct. The system is very broken. I hope many people start to utilize these glory grind servers and it forces ANet to revisit things.

Easy fix: award rank points for just about everything but kills. Kills should earn glory only.

As someone who has started to religiously visit the sPvP forums and playing a lot more.. this is my biggest issue currently.

In an objective style game, such as conquest or domination, why in the world do kills give you more rewards than playing the game type? WHY WHY WHY…

I strongly believe awarded rank points should be reflective of the game score with 1/2 the point value. If you win, you’d get 250 ranks points. Make all other points worth half. Rewards for bunkering or pestering enemy points should be added.

The team that WINS should be awarded MORE points than the team that loses. Best example I can think of is Domination from Call of Duty. You hold the points, you get more points.

Not to high-jack.. but maybe I should make a topic on this or Jesiah should make that topic so we can discuss!!

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

FOR GREAT COSMETICS!

..I mean, For Great Justice!

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Kruptid.2867

Thanks to everyone that came to check the server out so far. We finally hit 10v10 and I was hopping in and out of spectator to enforce ARMOR OFF and no capping.

Hope everyone is having fun.