A change to war that would be game changing

in PvP

Posted by: Poelala.2830

Poelala.2830

Before I am written off as complaining about war, let’s take a deeper look at it. Players who are not as experienced as myself and who still have problems with war absolutely DREAD fighting them. The second a war goes into berserk mode the general consensus is to try to wait it out because it is a direct level up to the normal form of a warrior. In every way you can think of, it’s better. My proposition is to make it so while in burst form, all adrenaline based traits work as if it were only 1 bar of adrenaline. Let’s examine this.
1. It takes only 10 adrenaline (1 bar) to activate your bursts which procs traits as if it was 3 bars of adrnealine, AND the primal burst skills are legitimately better than the normal ones. Arcing slice has a larger radius, lower tell, gives fury, is higher damage, and procs traits as if it were 3 bars of adrnealine.
2. Berserk form already has so many passive defenses and the recharge on primal bursts is significantly lower than they are as regular bursts. There is a feeling of futility when fighting a war (from the PoV of an s/f ele) when he has pulsing stability, reset on death with a 30 sec icd, increased damage (always angry) and a few seconds of fury quickness and swiftness AND he hits me with a skull grinder so now he heals 4% health per second. It would be nice if we kept all of that, but made it so he can’t also heal 4% per second, but only 2% or 3%.
3. It will make the pvp scene more friendly. Newer players who can’t always reset in fights or kite their berserk form, or were out of cooldowns so they ate 2 skull grinders + back up damage will at least have a fighting chance against the power houses. It lowers the fun of playing in conquest and it is uninviting to new players.
4. A new level of depth will be added to warrior. Instead of the primary goal of warrior play is so get into berserk form and play god, the war will have to decide whether they should play it more defensively (staying in normal form and proccing 3 stacks of adrenal health) or be more offensive, or you could even say, berserk (by going into berserk form, sacrificing old bursts for new ones but being more tanky instead of sustainy and cleansy and more offensive with the stronger burst skills and the increased damage). This would higher the skill floor tremendously and make less people get angry about war stacking, or it could even stop war stacking as a whole.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

would only accept this is AH could stack, so three consecutive bursts would result in 3 stacks. otherwise its just a 2/3 nerf to AH. regular bursts are hardly used, & often dont even work like primal bursts do (eg mace is condi on primal, and just cc normally). furthermore you do actually need a full adrenaline bar to enter zerker, so the first primal burst is actually 3 bars.

regardless, im hesitant to take balance requests from somone who thinks a class with zero team utility stacks well.

=
as an aside, arc divider doesn’t give fury (arcing slice does) & only does more damage when the enemy is under 50% HP, & its only like +200dmg with Destroyer amulet, plus the casting speed is the same so the real benefit is the range increase from 150 to 450. tbh is not really a better skill apart form the range, i mean its fury vs 200dmg. range should be nerfed to 300 anyhow.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: charchar.2149

charchar.2149

War damage is too high. The defense is fine.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

full offensive stat amulet with offensive runes will result in high damage. try any class w zerker & pack & you will see it hits like a truck with an optimised build.

in PvP

charchar.2149

Good point! War is good but not like super OP. That’s why I think tool tip is a bit too high. I can crit necros with rifle for 10k plus. But hey.

in PvP

Poelala.2830

Uh no. You got it backwards. War damage is fine, defense is too high. It’s too carried by passives.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

Yeah it’s nearly pointless to run defensive builds on warrior because it’s invulnerable to physical and condition damage.

I think they should remove the endure pain trait and replace it with something more skill oriented like a refresh of all block skill cooldowns or a refill of endurance.

Any class playing with zerk should require either a supportive duo or CC assistance.

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

You’ve got a class with 100% immunity options, endless stability, PLUS they almost never have to click their heal skill. Those are 2 things that make them have so much sustain and outliers to other professions.

If you think about it, what exactly is their weakness. They can literally play any build they want while other professions have maybe 1-2.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

I think people that want defence trait line to be nerfed forget how war was in bad spot after HoT came and in season 1 and 2. Not until Anet buffed war survivability and nerfed damage of quite a lot classes it was possible for warriors to be viable again.

In ques I play mostly druid, sometimes ele and I don’t see nothing too op in war. Druid’s job is to kill gs war (it’s well established counter) or avoid (macebow is bad news for most druids builds). Do I cry that macebow is countering me? Nope, I have my rotations to do. I go hunt some chrono/dh.

People tend to ask for balance classes around 1v1 forgetting that counters exists. That build x will kill you easily – it was made to do that. And that you will kill build x easy You don’t need win every 1v1 on map, go be usefully by killing something that you counter and win.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

choovanski.5462

in PvP

Poelala.2830

I think people that want defence trait line to be nerfed forget how war was in bad spot after HoT came and in season 1 and 2. Not until Anet buffed war survivability and nerfed damage of quite a lot classes it was possible for warriors to be viable again.

In ques I play mostly druid, sometimes ele and I don’t see nothing too op in war. Druid’s job is to kill gs war (it’s well established counter) or avoid (macebow is bad news for most druids builds). Do I cry that macebow is countering me? Nope, I have my rotations to do. I go hunt some chrono/dh.

People tend to ask for balance classes around 1v1 forgetting that counters exists. That build x will kill you easily – it was made to do that. And that you will kill build x easy You don’t need win every 1v1 on map, go be usefully by killing something that you counter and win.

“war gets to be incredibly overtuned because it has a counter and it was bad before”

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

I don’t know …overturned? Most classes after HoT not only can keep doing standard anti-war tactic like juking/kiteing but also have new ways to easy disengage. There are ways to deal with war on any build.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

charchar.2149

War is screwed when the double endure pain, shield block, dodges are on recharge. Then it’s runaway time for the War, pray it doesn’t have a pocket healer.. That’s about 15 seconds of immunity you have to kite it or LOS it. It would be more fair if the War didn’t two shot you while you wait for their defenses to go down. That’s why I say tooltip is too high. Ele had tool tip reductions in the past, it seems like it’s War’s turn to me.

I actually agree with Mr. Godlike, Druid is a great counter. War was terrible without the defenses. All I’m saying is War needs minor tool tip asjustment to power damage. It won’t effect its counter the Druid. However it seems overtuned by a very small amount say 10-15 percent.

(edited by charchar.2149)

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

warrior is fine as it is.

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

revert pulsing stability in pvp only

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

revert pulsing stability in pvp only

^This. Warrior should have a clear weakness such as vulnerability to CC. Especially since war is the foremost expert in delivering it. Should make warrior vs warrior duels interesting.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

instead of pulsing stability or removing it, it makes more sense to me to lower the cooldown and duration.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

I’d rather see Berserk Mode stay at 3 adrenaline stages and just double (not triple because that wouldn’t change kitten) how much adrenaline you get from all sources. Also, increase the CD of Berserk Mode. 15 seconds baseline (10 seconds traited) means that you it’s possible to spend more time in Berserk Mode than out because it’s 15 seconds long. That’s just wrong. High frequency on powerful skills is always going to be a bad thing. Always. These all go along with the rest of my suggest nerfs to Mace and GS PBs. Now this would make warrior weaker than the other professions , but these changes shouldn’t happen without nerfs to those other professions too, so my intention to create real balance (moderation).