A look at how each class performs in the psuedo trinity.

in PvP

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

Damage, support, control
I know there’s more to consider, but lets take a quick look.

How well can each class perform in this role?

High tier (can perform well in all 3)
Guardian – Damage, support, control
Mesmer – Damage, support, control

Mid tier (can perform well in 2)
Thief – Damage, control
Engineer – Damage, support
Ranger – Damage, support

Low tier (can perform well in 1)
Elementalist – Support
Necromancer – Support
Warrior – Damage

in PvP

Posted by: Jonthh.6319

Jonthh.6319

indeed, nerf mesmers and guardians… this kitten is so unbalanced… i hate it… i play as a awarrior and i get da di** from everyone when i don’t have frenzy and 100 swords up.. and warriors can only do dmg.. they suck as supports…

in PvP

Posted by: Strand the Man.9261

Strand the Man.9261

I disagree completely. Classes such as Necros & Elems do considerable damage. Their damage is just not as easily seen it condition based &/or AoE. They destroy when not being focused on & when fighting on the outskirts of a skirmish. Warriors can also be spec’d to provide excellent support via shouts & banners.

Your only complaint is that you can do it all at the same time. No class can…although Guardians can have a nice balance if they spec accordingly.

in PvP

Posted by: Yoki.3904

Yoki.3904

I agree with above, I love Necros conditions, i don’t see how they are low tier also. If you can get all your aoe’s out with your staff, which is pretty easy then you get to watch the numbers roll XD ofc theres a bunch more to do then just that, and depending on your build they can handle conditions pretty well and just kitten up the other team ( I just love making boons into conditions hehe).
As for eles, i have seen some do some nice damage, i have also seen one able to keep himself and his team alive and end up keeping the caps. ( That was in a tourney.) I don’t think you should look down on these classes and call them low tier.
As for 1v1ing which rarely happens cause its a team based game but when it does you can easily kite with a Necro or do burst dmg with a Warrior, for Eles, sorry i don’t know much about them so I cant say, I personally couldn’t get use to them but when I saw that one Ele in a tourney i came to respect them a lot more.
P.S My friend has a banner warrior, and he can hold down a cap just fine and do ok damage till someone else comes and helps.

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Have you guys who are saying Necro is fine tried Mesmer?
Well, I was one who thought that Necro was fine at conditions, but, sadly, they aren’t as everyone is especting compared to Mesmers Thieves and Warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: Deboog.1847

Deboog.1847

Eles do ridiculous damage, and Engies can’t support at all. They need teammates to support them! I would switch the two.

in PvP

Yoki.3904

Well, I was one who thought that Necro was fine at conditions, but, sadly, they aren’t as everyone is especting compared to Mesmers Thieves and Warriors.

My most used class is Mesmer , right behind it is Necro. I have tried all the other classes as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Knyx.5926

Knyx.5926

Im pretty sure ranger has more control then a thief

in PvP

sorrow.2364

My most used class is Mesmer , right behind it is Necro. I have tried all the other classes as well.

Maybe all I said is proved by the fact that your most used class is a Mesmer, as 80% of the players who want to play “Necro style”.

in PvP

Yoki.3904

Maybe all I said is proved by the fact that your most used class is a Mesmer, as 80% of the players who want to play “Necro style”.

Well the only reason why my Mesmer is my most played is because its one of the first classes i tried, eventually got bored with it and that led me to Necros which I fine them vsing thieves, warriors etc just fine. True every now and then i have issues but I can still hold my own against others and do perfectly fine condition damage.

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Well the only reason why my Mesmer is my most played is because its one of the first classes i tried, eventually got bored with it and that led me to Necros which I fine them vsing thieves, warriors etc just fine. True every now and then i have issues but I can still hold my own against others and do perfectly fine condition damage.

The point of OP and UP isn’t that one is unbeatable or one professions just can kill none. Of course, they can.
The point is that to be effective as a Necro (and it is a fact) you have to train way harder to get the same results you get as a Guardian/Thief/Mesmer in half the time.
Not to mention that Necro are only viable as condition spammers and weapons focused on power/high damage like Axe or MH Dagger are just useless.
I want to challange you to run with an Axe/Any and be competitive.

in PvP

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

I didn’t really care from everyone, I think post two was funny though how he describes himself.

I like warriors hammer. That ban hammer is argueably the best control class in the game. (Kick/bulls/fear, in combination with the kds). Then if you go sword/shield for second set you get a stun.

I haven’t tried to master hammering yet, but it’s on my to do list. I’m a control player and that is obviously the class to do it in.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

in PvP

Posted by: UptheIronz.6732

UptheIronz.6732

there’s only abvious unbalances when it comes to guardians and mesmers nerf those 2 classes will balance the whole game , as it is right now mesmer and guardians are overthetop rest of the class has pros and cons and almost tightly balanced between eachothers at high level of play , however guardians and mesmers needs a heavy look at

in PvP

Knyx.5926

Here is the problem:
First it was Warrior that was supposedly OP. People that didn’t want to make counters, made threads. These threads died off as those people gave in, and copied the counters that the adapted people made right away. These Warrior counters just happen to make them weak against thieves.

Then it was Thief that was supposedly OP. People that didn’t want to make counters, made threads. A-net nerfed (slightly) an ability in the same day making an official announcement they were not going to make balance changes for awhile. These threads are now dieing off because the people that made the threads copied the counters made by the people that adapted in the first place. These thief counters just happen to make them weak against a Guardian or Mesmer.

Guardians and Mesmers are now supposedly OP <3…… etc etc etc yadda yadda

The counters for Guardians and Mesmers just happen to make them weak against Necro?/ele?/ranger?/engi?

(edited by Knyx.5926)

in PvP

Posted by: UptheIronz.6732

UptheIronz.6732

Guardians and mesmers has no weakness that’s the problem while both warriors and thief are glass cannon they still die just as fast as they kill , but what will u say about mesmers and guardians when they just refuse to die , all u have to do is to play one of them , i play mesmers in tournament and i dont even die , it’s just zzzzzzzz , i mean who don’t want challenge as mesmers stand there’s no challenge just faceroll

in PvP

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

I think A-Net faces another problem: imaging for example that classes which perform terrible at the moment due to game mechanics and/or bugs would get their issues ironed out and suddenly a mesmer or guardian would got laid flat by such a class. I bet there will be bucketload of complaints from those players. Just wait and see. The next patches will be interesting.

On the other hand I doubt A-Net can wait for too long to change the power levels. In October a whole bunch of new games gets released (single player, I don’t speak of Mists of Pandaria) and unsatisfied customers may just throw the towel.

in PvP

Knyx.5926

Guardians and mesmers has no weakness that’s the problem while both warriors and thief are glass cannon they still die just as fast as they kill , but what will u say about mesmers and guardians when they just refuse to die , all u have to do is to play one of them , i play mesmers in tournament and i dont even die , it’s just zzzzzzzz , i mean who don’t want challenge as mesmers stand there’s no challenge just faceroll

I have a Thief and Mesmer at 80 in full exotics, I play Spvp and w3, so I am sure that is considered quite more experience then just spvp play. I have Ranger, Warrior and Ele for spvp only.

Everyone that made nerf/complaint threads, said the same EXACT thing about Warriors at the start. Everyone that made nerf/complaint threads about Thieves said the EXACT thing as well. ( “There is no counter to them” or “They have no weakness”)

There is no denying it. The thread makers and their bandwagon just gave in and adapted where the majority did from the get go.

in PvP

Posted by: uMad.5719

uMad.5719

Its weird warrior isnt even listed in controll. Someone must not have played or played against a hammer warrior. Also ele isnt listed to have damage? Seriously?

in PvP

Asmodean.5820

I have a Thief and Mesmer at 80 in full exotics, I play Spvp and w3, so I am sure that is considered quite more experience then just spvp play. I have Ranger, Warrior and Ele for spvp only.

Everyone that made nerf/complaint threads, said the same EXACT thing about Warriors at the start. Everyone that made nerf/complaint threads about Thieves said the EXACT thing as well. ( “There is no counter to them” or “They have no weakness”)

There is no denying it. The thread makers and their bandwagon just gave in and adapted where the majority did from the get go.

Weird. I see enough complaints on the forum about those classes. 15k backstabs (on light armour) are not balanced glass cannon or not. The number makes adapting..umm..problematic ^^

Personally I find the high burst damage in this game disgusting. Take a warrior: if you are aware that he is coming, then you can avoid most of the damage. All is fine and dandy. However, if you get surprised or your stun breaker is on cd…then you die in seconds. Other classes can’t do it. It also reduces the viablity of builds because tons of stun breakers are mandatory. Why no reduce burst and buff their consistend damage as compensation?

(edited by Asmodean.5820)

in PvP

Knyx.5926

Weird. I see enough complaints on the forum about those classes. 15k backstabs (on light armour) are not balanced glass cannon or not. The number makes adapting..umm..problematic ^^

Personally I find the high burst damage in this game disgusting. Take a warrior: if you are aware that he is coming, then you can avoid most of the damage. All is fine and dandy. However, if you get surprised or your stun breaker is on cd…then you die in seconds. Other classes can’t do it. It also reduces the viablity of builds because tons of stun breakers are mandatory. Why no reduce burst and buff their consistend damage as compensation?

The threads you are seeing about theif now are a fraction of what they were a week ago. So they are dieing out.
People did adapt, it isn’t that hard, some just don’t want to spend the half hour- hour of work coming up with multiple builds to combat situations, instead they make threads and eventually cave in.

With the burst damage you are thinking way to inside the box, think outside it.
If you are fighting and get surprised by ANY class built as glass cannon (and your CC breaks are on CD), you will die in the same amount of time. So if all classes are OP in that regard, that is called balance. I will agree some minor tweaks and bug fixes need to be made but minor. I also agree that the damage reduction % in the toughness/armor formula needs to be increased a bit. but ONLY a bit.

By the way, even if I don’t run a stun break on any of my classes I still dont get “stun pwnt” much at all. Also, the backstab damage you are throwing out there requires preparation, is based on some long cooldowns and 99% of the time group buffs/conditions.

in PvP

Asmodean.5820

You are right, then it would be balance. However, some classes can do it. Some can’t. Therefore the balance is out of whack.

Try a necro power build. You get crits with the axe 1 of maybe 1-2k depending on the target if not less. If you spec for DS and spec heavily into lifeblast about 2.5k. However, the numbers may be somewhat off. I haven’t played a power build for some time because it is simply subpar in many ways.

And as I said before: the game design of that high burst damage is limiting the ability choices because you need stun breakers, make you cooldown dependend (of your stun breakers), and god forbid you get caught unaware for 1 sec.
Makes me think of WoW’s dependency on pvp trinkets. I cannot comprehend why a designer brings himself willingly in that position.

(edited by Asmodean.5820)

in PvP

Knyx.5926

You are right, then it would be balance. However, some classes can do it. Some can’t. Therefore the balance is out of whack.

Try a necro power build. You get crits with the axe 1 of maybe 1-2k depending on the target if not less. If you spec for DS and spec heavily into lifeblast about 2.5k. However, the numbers may be somewhat off. I haven’t played a power build for some time because it is simply subpar in many ways.

I think necro is one of the classes that would get the most benefit from fixing bugged talents and minor tweaks. As an example, I tried quite a few necro builds, I think a complete health drain (not life drain) build (related talents and scaling) does need to be tweaked (buffed). Also the dagger abilities that require you to be right up on the target do not make sense (they should have much more range). Right now the best necro build just happens to be the perfect counter for Guardians. I’m not going to hand out the complete cookie on this one because if people don’t learn to test things out for themselves they will keep making threads like this. I have actually ran with a necro in spvp with me on my ele and we were as powerful as a full team by ourselves no exaggeration there either.

in PvP

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

The so called build you’re trying to hold back is the cookie cutter condition spec Necromancer. Corrupt Boon does put Guardians on thin ice when it works. But Arcane Thievery is a much better skill as it is both an offensive and defensive CD for the Mesmer. Not to mention Null Field > Well of Corruption/Power. This “counter” for Guardians? Mesmers do it better while having a much higher uptime on their DoTs.

It doesn’t really help the Necro that two of its most useful skills (Corrupt Boon + Plague Signet) are bugged and don’t always work properly. You’ll have a much easier time forcing Guardians into a pinch and interrupting them as a Mesmer running a similar role at this point in time.

in PvP

R E F L H E X.8413

Just played a couple games with warrior, the first one went well but the second one everyone just ran around and I only seen a couple enemies the whole match, just running no fighting.

In conclusion as far as control goes :
A warrior gets :
Mace :
Stun
Stun with adrenaline
Shield :
Stun

Hammer :
Knockdown
Knockdown with adrenaline
Knockback

Aoe Fear
Kick Pushback
Bulls knockdown or stun can’t remember

Does a pretty good amount of damage while doing it and is a pretty good weapon set combo to run.

That’s worth like 5 mesmers in the control department.

I just alt+f4ed after that last match, was a bit ridiculous was about 3-5 minutes in before I seen an enemy that was just running around in a full two teamed game.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

in PvP

Posted by: tOss.9024

tOss.9024

Why do people say mesmers are better than necros when it comes to conditions? They do two completely different things. Necros are far superior at controlling them, mesmers are better at nullifying them.

in PvP

Posted by: Dragonskin.7854

Dragonskin.7854

If you think warriors have little support you haven’t seen a good hammer warrior with shouts…

Eles are only good at support? Lol… Have you seen the tanky staff aoe eles? How about the glass cannon fire grasp ones…

Necros are great, may I say fantastic, group supports mid. They have 2 lifes, rip and applies conditions/boons, and have good defence via minion master builds.

All and all this is an mmo. People will QQ that their prof is UP and the hardest to play with less return then other profs. ANet has a good setup right now and should not mess with balance right now. Especially to these kinds of posts.

in PvP

Posted by: BishopX.6453

BishopX.6453

fixed it for you

Guardian – Damage, support, control melee only
Mesmer – Damage, burst, support, control

Thief – Damage, control burst condition
Engineer – Damage, support condition range melee aoe
Ranger – Damage, support, burst ranged condition

Elementalist – Support, burst, condition ranged melee
Necromancer – Support, condition ranged melee
Warrior – Damage, burst, support, condition ranged
——————————

in PvP

Posted by: LonelyReaper.8075

LonelyReaper.8075

Mesmer are not op, a lot of players that doesn’t play a mesmer or even do research on how to counter them feel their op. They just flood the forums to cry for nerf and wait for spoon-feeding solutions.

Why, 1st it a whole different class in mmo, not many other mmo have a clone producing profession except MOBA game. Clone producing is just as annoying as problematic to stealth which draws on more concentration, mental awareness and quick reflex to counter.

Just take me for example, i play a mesmer as a main. I too have a thief as an alt. I have no problem on my thief killing another mesmer(my thief is not using hasted pistolwhip or hearst seeker spam, instead it is a hybrid deathblossom condition crit build that utilize a lot of heals.). Why, because i know every single way a mesmer should be played and how would they set up their skills and combo.

Then i come to this forum and i see lots of players complaining about mesmers which play glass cannon build that hope to pawn everyone and then dance on your dead body after doing so.

I won’t tell you to L2P but learn to use your brains and think and figure a solution before flooding the forum to cry about something counterable.

TL:DR: Don’t use your brain to think or do some work, you deserve to get pawn.

in PvP

LonelyReaper.8075

One other thing, playing a mesmer for a few hours pawning noobs at the corner of the battle is not knowing how to play a mesmer.

Been reading the post where thief complaining he heartseeker the mesmer and he died from phantasm. 1st thing why did you build a glass cannon build and expect to survive a deceptive battle(do you expect players to stand there for a free kill, you would be better off killing dummies in the mist.). Next why didn’t you save a heartseeker for his phantasm which is a phantasm mesmer main source of dmg.

I seen horde of noob dying to mediocre mesmers and tons of pro utterly shut down a mesmer. Mesmer are too good at filtering out the noobs from the pros in the sense that most noobs don’t research and understand their own class and their opponents.

in PvP

Posted by: Kirtai.9023

Kirtai.9023

I’ve noticed that mesmers are a really strong counter to glass cannon builds.

Shiori Flutura – Human Mesmer
Mairi Lestari – Human Elementalist
Desolation EU

in PvP

LonelyReaper.8075

My take on tier:

High tier (require more skill and more in depth knowledge of the class to play really well)
Engineer – Pro: Area control, Support, Conditions
Cons: Low burst dmg, Too much RNG and Too little viable builds.

Mesmer – Pro: Support, Control, Conditions, Screen clutter
Cons: High ramp up time for good dmg or burst, Shatter and most
Phantasm atk can be dodge and dmg source can be nullified
(killing clones and phantasm)

Elemantalist – Pro: High sustainable dmg, Support, Conditions, Zerging(mobile)
Cons: Weapon choice practically almost tell your opponent what your
good at( staff: range,aoe scepter: mid range,support
dagger: melee, food.). Mediocre control abilities( partially due to
having it around different attunement that does not give
synergy with the weapon.). Low survivability. (Ele need some
love)

Mid Tier (require a good build and good positioning and skill usage)
Thief – Pros: Damage(burst), Conditions, Minor control, Agile(mobile)
Cons: Soft, no far range weapon, too little weapon choices that synergies with
their builds.

Guardian – Damage, Support, Control, Tanky
Cons: Mediocre chasing abilities. ( I have a guardian too but i do agree
their tough to take down >.<)

Ranger – Pros: Damage, Range support, Aoe Control
Cons: Quite reliant on their pet, quite susceptible to melee opponent.

Necromancer – Pros: Support, Conditions, Melee Aoe contol, Tanky, Horde of
minoins(and bugs)
Cons: Bugs, Low bursts (Need some love too)

Warrior – Pros: Damage(Burst), Quit tanky, Single target control, support(banner and
shout)
Cons: Too reliant on certain cd for burst

Things that i hope will get fixed:
1) Burst reduces across the board.
2) Ele, Eng and Necro get some love but necro reduces some of their tankiness from
DS.
3) Thief get a far range weapon and maybe more weapon choice that have better
synergy.
4) Mesmer have their phantasm and illusion and shatter fixed for pvp and pve, it is a
mess which kills each other in our build.

(edited by LonelyReaper.8075)

in PvP

Posted by: Kiirin.3418

Kiirin.3418

Your tier list is missing a crucial element.

I would rate the professions
S Tier(have to run with in tournament)
-Mesmer(They have it all plus portals that port you while in combat in and out)
-Guardian(Can do it all also plus heal and give Stability/retaliation to group)

A Tier(Very good fillers for roles)
-Thieves(Very slippery, most mobile profession in the game, Amazing burst with whatever build you choose)
-Elementalist(With staff has guardians book 5 on a lower cd basically almost unmovable off a point and can also destroy treb 1v2 and get away fine, Burst builds are very mobile w/ great heals and finishing capabilities)
-Warriors(100 blades anyone? Yes its one of the hardest skills to land, but man if you get hit by it you dead. Also an incredibly mobile profession, has high cc capabilities with hammer/mace)
-Engineers(Counter to many glass cannnon builds other than mesmer, Can hold nodes 1v1/2 with potential to win, also has many cc options plus blinds)

Everything below(Needs tuning)
Rangers( They’re not bad, but every other proffession does what a ranger can but better)
Necromancer(Very good support/condi professions, but man their buggy skillskitten me off. As a previous poster said if they could fix the bugs, Necromancer can counter so many tanky/condition teams)

For a release Anet has done a better job than any other company for the first month. Tweaking is definitely needed though.

I think Guardians unless they nerf them to hell will always be a very desirable profession in tournament, but I would say Guardians and Warriors, really are the closest to completion. Can’t wait to see how Gw2 grows.

Rank 35
LvL80 Condi Necromancer
LvL35 Engineer

in PvP

LonelyReaper.8075

@Kiirin yeah mesmer and guardian are good to have for their utility but mesmer dps is really low so guardian is still one of the strongest profession pvp has.

in PvP

Posted by: labotimy.2439

labotimy.2439

to all the bads out there, 2 second TTK is not balanced period. if you think it is then your bad, period. high burst capability that reduces TTK below 5 seconds does not belong in any “skill” based pvp game. if you cant see that you really should be going back to wow arenas.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

Mesmer are not op, a lot of players that doesn’t play a mesmer or even do research on how to counter them feel their op. They just flood the forums to cry for nerf and wait for spoon-feeding solutions.

Why, 1st it a whole different class in mmo, not many other mmo have a clone producing profession except MOBA game. Clone producing is just as annoying as problematic to stealth which draws on more concentration, mental awareness and quick reflex to counter.

Just take me for example, i play a mesmer as a main. I too have a thief as an alt. I have no problem on my thief killing another mesmer(my thief is not using hasted pistolwhip or hearst seeker spam, instead it is a hybrid deathblossom condition crit build that utilize a lot of heals.). Why, because i know every single way a mesmer should be played and how would they set up their skills and combo.

Then i come to this forum and i see lots of players complaining about mesmers which play glass cannon build that hope to pawn everyone and then dance on your dead body after doing so.

I won’t tell you to L2P but learn to use your brains and think and figure a solution before flooding the forum to cry about something counterable.

this post is fun because:
you main a mesmer and declair mesmer is not op. don’t you say?
you play thief with the only build that can kill a mesmer, because conditions>mesmer.

what if you play a dps thief?what if you are other kind of roamers. ofc people go to the mists and switch. nice esport!!!!i am just figuring out about some gw2 caster which explain why it is possible in a esport to change everything in a match and between 2 matched of a tourney. but im going OT. sorry

in PvP

Posted by: labotimy.2439

labotimy.2439

this post is fun because:
you main a mesmer and declair mesmer is not op. don’t you say?
you play thief with the only build that can kill a mesmer, because conditions>mesmer.

what if you play a dps thief?what if you are other kind of roamers. ofc people go to the mists and switch. nice esport!!!!i am just figuring out about some gw2 caster which explain why it is possible in a esport to change everything in a match and between 2 matched of a tourney. but im going OT. sorry

i main a guard and play my mesmer about as much, both these classes are way OP dont let noobs tell you different.

in PvP

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

Someone needs to play warrior more. Dude Warrior can do all three perfectly fine. I can’t comment on other classes. Warrior can even do support and control at the same time and a finekittenjob at it too. Please research before making wild allegations…

in PvP

Posted by: Xantros.8210

Xantros.8210

Thing is you dont want hammer warrior cause guardian and engi do it better.
imho i think warriors are overshadowed by greatsword atm its pretty much noobstomper spec(so they qq about it), once you bind dodge on your keyboard you are good to go. axe/mace mace/shield is not that bad but thats all we can run now the other weapons is just like kittening yourself.
But maybe im blind or i missed something and im just one of those who defends his own class(personally i would put it in crap tier unless you are agienst new plyers) cant say much about other classes as i dont have +200 tournament games xp with.

in PvP

Posted by: Malakree.5912

Malakree.5912

You’ve just done a tier list on potential builds. Imagine that you are able to perform average in all 3 roles as 3 different builds while another class becomes godlike with a specific build in a specific role, the class with only 1 role ends up T1 while the class with 3 average builds is T2 at best.

The best way to do such a teir list would be split up the different roles then do a teir list based on that role. Also you missed out tanking which is very key since bunker builds are what really hold your points.

in PvP

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

Thing is you dont want hammer warrior cause guardian and engi do it better.
imho i think warriors are overshadowed by greatsword atm its pretty much noobstomper spec(so they qq about it), once you bind dodge on your keyboard you are good to go. axe/mace mace/shield is not that bad but thats all we can run now the other weapons is just like kittening yourself.
But maybe im blind or i missed something and im just one of those who defends his own class(personally i would put it in crap tier unless you are agienst new plyers) cant say much about other classes as i dont have +200 tournament games xp with.

Have you run with Hammer/mace-mace? and add a build that heals with shouts. Go into sPvP with that build and 1 you can kill, but are not op in damage terms. But you are a freaking stun wall that just does not go down. You will make your team better and heal them as well. healing an average of 5k every 25 seconds only with shouts plus your own 8k self heal.

in PvP

Posted by: Tallman.5193

Tallman.5193

Untouch.2541

Damage, support, control
I know there’s more to consider, but lets take a quick look.
Guardian – Damage, support, control
Mesmer – Damage, support, control
Mid tier (can perform well in 2)
Thief – Damage, control
Engineer – Damage, support
Ranger – Damage, support
Low tier (can perform well in 1)
Elementalist – Support
Necromancer – Support
Warrior – Damage

Engineers have phenomenal control, and warriors have great support. However, I agree with the rest.

Briggs – Wolf PvP-Tier Engineer, Champion Genius, Mercenary

Representing Legit Guild [LG] for life on Fort Aspenwood. Send me a tell in-game!

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

no control on warrior??? wtf man… you should see taugrims captain hammer build

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

in PvP

Posted by: WildCherry.2130

WildCherry.2130

I’m getting a little sick of people selling “Elementalists have insane damage.”
Come on guys, look at how stupidly squishy an elementalist is when they spec to have damage. I’ve played over 200 hours on my elementalist and it has become very clear to me they do not have insane damage for the amount of work they do or for the little amount of hits they can take.

If there’s an elementalist out there who can describe a build with some survivability and actually high damage (in my experience elementalist is one of the lowest despite being a ‘glass cannon’ class), please share it.

in PvP

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I wouldnt consider “support” a real high point of mesmer..! Why would you say this?? They can toss out some random buffs but they are no where near guardians.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in PvP

R E F L H E X.8413

fixed it for you

Guardian – Damage, support, control melee only
Mesmer – Damage, burst, support, control

Thief – Damage, control burst condition
Engineer – Damage, support condition range melee aoe
Ranger – Damage, support, burst ranged condition

Elementalist – Support, burst, condition ranged melee
Necromancer – Support, condition ranged melee
Warrior – Damage, burst, support, condition ranged, CONTROL
——————————

Fixed again the warrior is the class with the singlemost amount of control skills available in two weapon swaps and three utility skills.

In conclusion as far as control goes :
A warrior gets :
Mace :
Stun
Stun with adrenaline
Shield :
Stun
Hammer :
Knockdown
Knockdown with adrenaline
Knockback
Aoe Fear
Kick Pushback
Bulls knockdown or stun can’t remember

Each weapon set has 3/6 skills as control, and 3 more control utility skills.

I wouldnt consider “support” a real high point of mesmer..! Why would you say this?? They can toss out some random buffs but they are no where near guardians.

Mesmers support really isn’t all that great I agree.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

in PvP

Posted by: Devolution.5716

Devolution.5716

this is just another i died in sPvP lets whien instead of improve (i play warrior and i dont care if i can support in pvp warrior stands for DMG or tank)

in PvP

Posted by: Xahz.8406

Xahz.8406

Guardians and Mesmers are broken
Thieves and Engis are very strong
Warriors and Rangers are good
Necros and Eles are weak

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

I have to admit I’ve had a rather complete change of heart about mesmers. Once you discover the weak points of the builds they drop like anyone else. Just takes some time and research to understand the fight.

The only thing I might label as OP are their elites. Moa is just absurd.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Guardians and Mesmers are broken
Thieves and Engis are very strong
Warriors and Rangers are good
Necros and Eles are weak

I can agree with this. Completely.

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Support comes with A LOT of meaning. Saying Warrior can’t support is simply pushing it.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?