A message from mesmers

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

Please stop QQ-ing about condi mesmer. The profession really doesn’t have much going for it at the moment and it isn’t hard to counter. l2p or stop playing fotm builds with no condition cleanse. I don’t even know why I’m posting this because I know in two months Karl will send us another pink slip

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Hey if you guys get nerfed hard, we got a seat open at the bar to drink away your woes!

- Warrior

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Can you please post a non fotm build with enough condi cleanse to survive condi onslaught of current meta? From the moment that you talk with such an attitude..your knowledge needs to be shared as obviously you know more than the rest

I hope to receive a decisive answer and not the usual :“humm well you know..yeah..kk thx bye”..

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Please stop QQ-ing about condi mesmer. The profession really doesn’t have much going for it at the moment and it isn’t hard to counter. l2p or stop playing fotm builds with no condition cleanse. I don’t even know why I’m posting this because I know in two months Karl will send us another pink slip

I’d much rather they nerf condi mesmer to kitten and buff shatter mesmer.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Alex Shatter.7956

Can you please post a non fotm build with enough condi cleanse to survive condi onslaught of current meta? From the moment that you talk with such an attitude..your knowledge needs to be shared as obviously you know more than the rest

I hope to receive a decisive answer and not the usual :“humm well you know..yeah..kk thx bye”..

Chillomancer: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Signet_Chillomancer Necros can bring heavier condition removal than Staff 4. Deathly swarm. Consume conditions. Well of power. Being variant can win matches too

Tempest: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_D/F_Auramancer I bring Ether Renwal instead of Wash The Pain Away because it can remove 6 conditions every 14 seconds. I also bring cleansing fire instead of lighting flash. I have ZERO problems with condition mesmer or condi reaper.

Revenant: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-_Power_Shiro Mallyx

Scrapper: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scrapper_-_Power_Hammer Brings a lot of condition removal, fair. Elixer C could be more popular though

It doesn’t take much effort to run a 10% variant so you can counter the occasional condi mesmer but most people just copy pasta what’s on metabattle. Mesmer really, REALLY isn’t difficult to deal with. I play tons of professions and consider the mesmers i come accross free kills

(edited by Alex Shatter.7956)

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Alex Shatter.7956

VALID POINT but we still have to deal with forum culture, which dictates it’s okay to be a tiger rank idiot running a metabattle copy pasta and complain that “a mesmer beat me in a 1 v 1 match one time please nerf ))):”

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Chillomancer: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Signet_Chillomancer Necros can bring heavier condition removal than Staff 4. Deathly swarm. Consume conditions. Well of power. Being variant can win matches too

Tempest: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_D/F_Auramancer I bring Ether Renwal instead of Wash The Pain Away because it can remove 6 conditions every 14 seconds. I also bring cleansing fire instead of lighting flash. I have ZERO problems with condition mesmer or condi reaper.

Revenant: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-_Power_Shiro Revenants don’t have a lot of condition clear so they shouldn’t be complaining that a condi build can counter them.

Scrapper: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scrapper_-_Power_Hammer Brings a lot of condition removal, fair. Elixer C could be more popular though

It doesn’t take much effort to run a 10% variant so you can counter the occasional condi mesmer but most people just copy pasta what’s on metabattle. Mesmer really, REALLY isn’t difficult to deal with. I play tons of professions and consider the mesmers i come accross free kills

That’s why the devs don’t listen the forum and condi mesmer will be nerfed..you clearly don’t play the game, right now over 80% of games goes like that : Team A stack condi specs then rush mid and press all buttons, go F1 or use shield or whatever between condi bombs.

Play any of the specs you’ve listed as solo players when facing multiple condi specs + a mesmer that has access to double moa.

Pls tell me more about the amazing level of skill of condi mesmers is it equal to the level of reaper or even ..harder? that can’t be -_-

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Quozex.9430

Quozex.9430

The strength of the condi mesmer is that it can continuously apply conditions and have periods of burst while being able to survive decently in a 1v1. There will come a time in that duel where you either run out of dodges or condi cleanse. If all else fails you always have moa every 50s. That’s why the build is strong all the while having decent cleanse itself and heals with each shatter.

I’m a guard main and recently picked up condi mesmer to learn more about it and I can say the skill level needed for it is pretty low to play effectively. If the mesmer can get their defensive rotations down and maintain sustained bursts they will dominate anyone who lacks “good” condi cleanse.

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Mesmer not much going? Portal and Moa alone make the class OP.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’m surprised I even have to say this to people 3 years into a game, but you do realize that for most classes it is a lot easier to apply conditions than it is to remove them.

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I’m surprised I even have to say this to people 3 years into a game, but you do realize that for most classes it is a lot easier to apply conditions than it is to remove them.

It is sad. Conditions can be applied simply with AA with no CD, while removing them mostly have a CD attached to them…

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

if you see a mesmer assume it is condi and just roll a Mallyx Rev

spam PA

…..and gl with corruption

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Yes, yes and yes.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

Condi mesmer is the most boring kitten ever to play. And double moa is broken overpowered. I’m a mesmer main.

Make zerker cool again.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Mesmer not much going? Portal and Moa alone make the class OP.

Is this why before June thief nerf last year the mesmer profession was sidelined so hard it was worse than warrior today?

Ah good times, when thieves managed to rekt mesmers with 2 blows and y’all didn’t need to deal with illusions because the thief forced everyone into bunkering. Glorious times \o/

10/10 would love to have such powerful thief again.

It’s clear as day that this game should be balanced around hard counters and not 1on1 prowess. However, some builds have >> 0 << counters other than outnumbering.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

its silly how a profession with a 20 sec daze skill and the ability to be in 2 places at once (while also being able to instantly transport their team between 2 points) is also able to stand evenly against other classes in combat

i mean 3.5 years ago before people figured out the game it was borderline acceptable, but now that people finally realize how to abuse mesmer’s advantages to the max its becoming ridiculous

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

its silly how a profession with a 20 sec daze skill and the ability to be in 2 places at once (while also being able to instantly transport their team between 2 points) is also able to stand evenly against other classes in combat

i mean 3.5 years ago before people figured out the game it was borderline acceptable, but now that people finally realize how to abuse mesmer’s advantages to the max its becoming ridiculous

Because of the crybabies portal was “nerfed” “overnight” and it shows. They added a range but forgot to add any indication whether you are in range or not. What’s even more fun is that you actually do open the portal from outside range … but you can’t really use it.

I thought they’d fix that when they fixed the mistrigger of thief’s steal but nope (putting it in cooldown while having no target etc etc). Still there.

Also to call you on your bluff … it’s not a daze. You handicap yourself. I can’t count the times when I’ve moa my opponents at ~1800 HP left and heal on cooldown and they ran like chickens.

I would’ve died in 4-kittens if they went for autoattack….but yeah. It’s shocking how much people panic in moa.

I have not been killed while in moa for awhile now. Regardless of class. 90% of the players in this game do not know how or don’t want to kite properly. And even less chase you down once you start kiting.

Disabling melee attacks while climbing on the gravestones at mid is tons of fun too.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Because of the crybabies portal was “nerfed” “overnight” and it shows. They added a range but forgot to add any indication whether you are in range or not. What’s even more fun is that you actually do open the portal from outside range … but you can’t really use it.

I thought they’d fix that when they fixed the mistrigger of thief’s steal but nope (putting it in cooldown while having no target etc etc). Still there.

Also to call you on your bluff … it’s not a daze. You handicap yourself. I can’t count the times when I’ve moa my opponents at ~1800 HP left and heal on cooldown and they ran like chickens.

I would’ve died in 4-kittens if they went for autoattack….but yeah. It’s shocking how much people panic in moa.

I have not been killed while in moa for awhile now. Regardless of class. 90% of the players in this game do not know how or don’t want to kite properly. And even less chase you down once you start kiting.

Disabling melee attacks while climbing on the gravestones at mid is tons of fun too.

Since mesmer mains hold onto the argument about moa’s combat abilities so dearly I suppose I finally have to bust that myth.

Being turned into moa completely disables combat abilities of a character for a simple reason: moa does reasonable damage only with zerk or marauder amulet. That being said there are next to none classes running such build outside of rev, thief and DH. However that still doesnt allow them to fight in moa state because without their class abilities they are extremely squishy and can be simply destroyed by mesmer’s clones while mesmer is just running around spamming his endless defensive abilities.

At the same time classes focused on condi or tankiness are completely locked out of ability to contribute to the fight in any meaningful way.

Thats why moa is effectively a daze skill.

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

If you’ve gotten me to 1800 hp and forced me to use moa on you to save myself, I can guarantee you that all my “enless defensive abilities” are in cooldown.

Even if you deal 300 damage per hit, that’s 6 hits you have to do.

Sometimes people in moa do decide to attack me and they get me so low I run away and do not stomp them for some time. Because I’m like … 200-300 HP left.

^ With that in mind, you tell me if its good idea to 1on1 one of the best duelist builds in the current meta? Because with those numbers i just told you, as a mesmer myself, i’d remove myself from the point in the pressence of a second player. I won’t wait for them to attack me.

I almost never do 1on2 unless I really know my enemies are baddies and I can kite them all day long. Then i do it to scratch my ego but yeah, this doesnt happen a lot in ruby.

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Alex Shatter.7956

HAHAHHAHAHAHA. HAHA. HA.

Is that how people feel about mesmer? really? They get to open a 10 second short distance portal every 72 seconds, and use moa bird every 90 seconds (max with continuum shift, assuming both hit), and so they can’t be good at anything else or it would be unfair?

I am SO HAPPY i decided to park my mesmer naked in lion’s arch for the last two months to play elementalist and engineer. I started stomping people with other professions, and guess what? it was ten times easier, i was more valued in PvE, and no one complained when i spammed their strong points.

GW2 is a combat game. If you want to hold mesmer to the standard of “that portal profession that i dont really play but it annoys me so strip them of all combat abilities”, you are seriously thick.

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Lexander.4579

HAHAHHAHAHAHA. HAHA. HA.

Is that how people feel about mesmer? really? They get to open a 10 second short distance portal every 72 seconds, and use moa bird every 90 seconds (max with continuum shift, assuming both hit), and so they can’t be good at anything else or it would be unfair?

I am SO HAPPY i decided to park my mesmer naked in lion’s arch for the last two months to play elementalist and engineer. I started stomping people with other professions, and guess what? it was ten times easier, i was more valued in PvE, and no one complained when i spammed their strong points.

GW2 is a combat game. If you want to hold mesmer to the standard of “that portal profession that i dont really play but it annoys me so strip them of all combat abilities”, you are seriously thick.

sure i dont mind if they remove portal and moa and add some combat abilities to mesmers, as long as its not another bunch of defensive spammable cooldowns

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

I guess it must be really frustrating for you to be a thief, blowing all those cooldowns on the right target and the said target just teleports 5000 range away from you. Long enough for you to be left out and unable to catch with a simple steal (that doesnt even look in the right direction).

I get it))))) I’m thief main in PvP too, it gets a little bit frustrating but thieves are in a really sad state atm. Nerfing mesmer to the level of warrior won’t change that.

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Have only met a small handfull of Mesmers that understand their strengths and weaknesses without 100% of the time assuming they’re underpowered and need buffs and everyone is out to get them.

OP is not in that handfull.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

A message from mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

you just send engi to fight the mesmer 1v1 on point and the rest of the team is clear for mesmer

or you send thief to constanlty decap so mesmer need to use portal or lose his point.
or just focus the mesmer first make him use his shatter and then he is empty

l2p guys build wont carry you (some will like engi, ranger, ele ….mmmmm sustain build)

like i dont try 1v2 i wont try 1v1 if i know enemy can counter me

its like ppl asking for mesmer to stop playing theirs abilities.

i didnt hear any non mesmer offering something else for portal or moa. only QQ

and to buff power mesmer again with MOA – common instant kill for the mesmer so say thanks the it is condi and not power creep build

you see mesmer with portal – so change to thief and portal will be countered if the thief knows his job

regarding spamming – atm i can see and know every build rotations (almost). so everyone spamm (and if they dont i know they are more dangeruse). the only one who doesnt are thief, mesmer as they need to watch when to interrupt , daze, blind, dodge.

(edited by messiah.1908)