A new map

A new map

in PvP

Posted by: Django.5923

Django.5923

I’ve always been thinking about new map possibilities and maybe making a map, that is somewhat like GvG of GuildWars. I made this pretty quick today so don’t be too harsh. If the feedback is good I’ll continue the work.

I added a sketch of the map and a picture of the midpoint-design.

General

- Consits of 3 capture points, 2 small (homepoints) one big (legacy size, in the middle).

- first team to score 500 wins

- Lord gives 150 points

The midpoint

The midpoint is large and very good kite-able (many line of sight and kitespots) so fights will probably last pretty long. Also the walking distance from the base to mid is very short.

The closepoints

The walking distance to the own closepoint is very short, so it’s hard to assault far, but easy to defend close. Also the way from base to closepoint is a jump down. So you can’t get into the base from the closepointside.

The Base

- Guildlord which gives 150 points when killed
- Guildlord-Healer situated behind the lord. Heals the Lord constantly and gives stability to the Lord, Npc and Players
- 2 Elementalist-npcs in the Lordroom
- 5 Soldier-NPCs defending the entrances

Secondary Mechanics

- Lord which gives 150 points on kill.
- If the enemy team has 0 capturepoints you get 5 per kill, if they have 1 you get 5 per kill, if they have 2 you get 20 per kill, if they have 3 you get 30 per kill.
- at 5:30 the lord and ALL npcs will come to mid for a final showdown.

Attachments:

(edited by Django.5923)

A new map

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

Nice idea, but for the love of all that is holy no more conquest (fighting on points)

A new map

in PvP

Posted by: Django.5923

Django.5923

well “old style” GvG was about killing the lord, big fights in mid (with flagrun) and/or splitting in the base.

I’m not sure how well the “old” GvG would work, due to the fact that gw2 has no healer. You could just rush the lord and who rushes first is the winner.

What I would like most is that they implement a healer or protter class and make teams of 8 and the old gvg maps^^

A new map

in PvP

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

i like the idea. I really like the close point. If they are going to keep adding conquest maps, i hope they add this one

just out of curiosity, what software are you using to model this stuff?

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

A new map

in PvP

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Anything new in terms of mode/map is welcome in PvP. It is so boring always playing conquest.

[ROCK]
Desolation

A new map

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

Sad reality is no matter what new map they put in, with no ranked que or support for one….people will quickly stop playing it after the initial excitement is gone. Hotjoin sucks the joy out for a lot of people. Then it will end up just like the arena map….mostly abandoned.

And knowing this company….they will no doubt repeat that mistake again.