A proper PvP mode behind a Pay Wall?

in PvP

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

That seems to be the message from the Q&A talk. Conquest mode is one of the major reasons that the game’s spvp meta is so limited. There’s many threads that have discussed this and explained why. The game doesn’t just need more depth of features, but breadth of modes. Leaderboards for a map type nobody cares about aren’t going to turn things around for the waning pvp population.

So people ask about CTF, Deathmatch and GvG. All we hear is these things are being looked at but will probably be in custom arenas and that custom arenas will cost money.

So paying will get you the modes you care about and want to play, while not paying will leave you with bone-dry Conquest mode.

That sounds terrible. I have no PR swerve and spin I can put on that. This will kitten people off.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Dedalus.3065

Dedalus.3065

If it’s like other games, then that means that I can rent a custom arena and adjust the settings as I want and then I can make it so that other people can join in and play. Someone will have to pay, but you won’t necessarily have to.

in PvP

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

That’s not even close to what it means.

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Guys quit sPvP, play PvE/WvWvW that’s where the real game is, sPvP is just dieing conquest is extremely boring, you get way funnier fights in WvWvW small groups than u ever get in conquest. And you get gold/items/tokens w/e but u actually do a small progress even if it is not pvp related.

in PvP

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

If it’s like other games, then that means that I can rent a custom arena and adjust the settings as I want and then I can make it so that other people can join in and play. Someone will have to pay, but you won’t necessarily have to.

I can see that, but this may continue to hurt the game’s spvp community if the preferred modes aren’t officially supported. Conquest mode is the product of compromise. They need to admit it’s not the future of the game.

It would be wiser for the health of the community to support the breadth of modes people want, to let people pick the game type they want and care about rather than to only officially support a single game mode. They are trying to force everyone into something that the community is luke warm about at best.

They can’t just push out these other modes behind a pay wall or behind the limitations of someone paying for the server and expect the spvp to take off. The community will wonder if they’ll balance around these other game modes, if new maps will take into account the modes people want or will everyone be stuck trying to work around this strange devotion to cap point.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Wuwuw Trolls please go back to the PVE+ forum.

I’m liking the idea of custom arenas, and with paid tournies to finance them it’s pretty great for people who play paid and win, while at the same time allowing people to just straight up buy them.

Looking forward to the new patch, Anet is doing a great job.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Guys quit sPvP, play PvE/WvWvW ….even if it is not pvp related.

I really don’t understand what the hang up is that some people have with this.

In S’PvP’/T’PvP’ you have ‘Players vs Players’ combat (with other boring objectives)
Hence it is PvP
In W3 you have ‘Players vs Players’ (with other sometimes boring objectives)
Hence it is PvP

The elitism high-horse that much of the community has is pathetic.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

when you say you will need to pay for custom games, are you referring to the use of the term “rent-able servers”? because this doesn’t literally mean to pay real life money for a custom server, it means you can merely create private games.

Neglekt