A pvp player centered reward track.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.4816

Phantaram.4816

Me and lots of pvp players I know really are only ever in the heart of the mists. In every single reward track there are multiple materials we get that we can’t just deposit and we have to go into the pve world, of which we are entirely unfamiliar with, to convert these materials into some kind of currency we understand. I personally just destroy them all.

It’d be great to get some kind of reward track that contains none of these materials.

Short list of materials I understand what to do with and mean something:
1. Crafting materials – deposit all – sell on BLTC to turn into gold
2. Gold – I use this to buy skins cause skins are everything in spvp
3. ? – Some other material I can turn into gold.

I dunno, anet could even get creative. I wouldn’t have a clue where to start but I’m sure most pvp players would be okay with a reward track that contained only materials that we could easily convert to gold.

Atm I have characters full of chests and it’s a nightmare, which is sort of a seperate topic, but a reward track with chests I understand would make me more inclined to open these suckers.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

It’s a cool idea, basically a reward track only for “pure” pvp players, so you don’t need to waste time in salvage blu/green stuff if you’re not interested in pve/www environment.

What it could contain?

- wallet currencies (for example it misses a reward track for karma or fractal relics).
- crafting materials (easy to store with the deposit all button)
- no blue/green stuff
- chance for rare/exotic items (you can sell directly them on the bltc)
- 20 slot bags
- limited finishers
- other items only for pvp (ex. potion of pvp reward, CA tokens).

Maybe with HoT, a Stronghold reward track for “pure” pvp players.

it would be really nice.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.7261

Nova.7261

PvP players don’t need much but what would be nice to see is skill, rune and sigil unlocks coming from the rewards cause that is what we use. Besides that, items we can use to make gear for WvW so that we can take our pvping there would help us branch out.

Salvageable exotic trash might be nice for us to get materials for ascended.

in PvP

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Don’t dungeon reward tracts give salvageable exotics?

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Me and lots of pvp players I know really are only ever in the heart of the mists. In every single reward track there are multiple materials we get that we can’t just deposit and we have to go into the pve world, of which we are entirely unfamiliar with, to convert these materials into some kind of currency we understand. I personally just destroy them all.

It’d be great to get some kind of reward track that contains none of these materials.

Short list of materials I understand what to do with and mean something:
1. Crafting materials – deposit all – sell on BLTC to turn into gold
2. Gold – I use this to buy skins cause skins are everything in spvp
3. ? – Some other material I can turn into gold.

I dunno, anet could even get creative. I wouldn’t have a clue where to start but I’m sure most pvp players would be okay with a reward track that contained only materials that we could easily convert to gold.

Atm I have characters full of chests and it’s a nightmare, which is sort of a seperate topic, but a reward track with chests I understand would make me more inclined to open these suckers.

Gems or skins imo.

Maybe 10 gems per win, and 5 per loss. Only issue I see with that is I would have to save them up to convert. But I honestly don’t care about the current rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

Black Lion Tickets / Ticket Scraps / Black Lion Keys…

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

+1

The reward tracks are too short for anything meaningful beyond the continued accumulation of wealth.

Pvpers just want gold. Save the exclusive rewards for tournaments!

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

What I like about the Glorious Reward track is that it also gives time-tokens… I know that I am likely one of the few who appreciates this – but this could easily become a good filler…

Also, since I AFK a lot in The Mists, I tend to spend my Transmutation Charges more than anything… You know, boredom, and 13 characters… it happens…

Those things could in my opinion be a welcomming sight for new tracks

The Green/Blue loot is mostly just Vendor Trash in my case… I do not look at them, and feel as if they are useless bag fillers

If we talk about BLT goods, then we should, imho, also look at how the reward tracks function… Because to be fair, it is rather easy to complete a track – and getting a Weapon Ticket from that is… insulting…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Kenadas.9680

Kenadas.9680

anet doesnt care next pls

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Gems or skins imo.

Maybe 10 gems per win, and 5 per loss. Only issue I see with that is I would have to save them up to convert. But I honestly don’t care about the current rewards.

Having such a reliable in-game way to get gems is a very bad idea. Especially if it is locked to a single game mode.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

PvP players don’t need much but what would be nice to see is skill, rune and sigil unlocks coming from the rewards cause that is what we use. Besides that, items we can use to make gear for WvW so that we can take our pvping there would help us branch out.

Salvageable exotic trash might be nice for us to get materials for ascended.

As long as this is not the solution brought forward by Anet, I agree with the OP. I don’t want to have more skills/sigils/runes than any other PvP player. The best about GW2 PvP is the equal chances each team has at the start of the match. We don’t need a Call of Duty like unlock process.

And indeed all the rewards you get is basically trash, Anet should look into this.

in PvP

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I’m not quite sure what you mean with things that are of no use for pure PvP-players. You can easily turn everything into gold. Well, except some stuff you get from the Silverwastes or Dry Top reward track, I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

I’ve always told my friends that if ArenaNet came out with a track that gave me overall less money than I’d get from other tracks, but it was JUST straight gold with no need to open anything more than some gold coin bags, I’d choose that on an infinite loop. How does this sound?:

1. Bag of Coins (15s)
  2. Tome of Knowledge
  3. Bag of Coins (15s)
  4. Transmutation Charge
  5. Big Bag of Coins (30s)
  6. Bag of Coins (15s)
  7. Tome of Knowledge
  8. Bag of Coins (15s)
  9. Transmutation Charge
  10. Superior Bag of Coins (50s)
  11. (Repeat 3 more times to finish and get)
  12. Choice of:
    1. 10 Transmutation Stones
    2. 5 Tomes of Knowledge
    3. 2 Gold
    4. 20 Slot Slayer’s Bag (Account Bound)
    5. PvP Trait Unlock

Keep in mind, these are rewards for winning or losing in PvP. I think it’s fair to say that black lion stuff is out of the question. Those numbers are completely rough estimates. They’d have to be roughly equal to what you get out of normal chests from salvaging and getting random rares/exotics, which I simply don’t have the numbers for. The whole idea is that I don’t care about crafting materials or these worthless skins, so just gimmie money cuz i like it.

Just some stats, this track would give you exactly:

1. 5.6 Gold (7.6 Gold Max)
  2. 8 Transmutation Stones (18 Transmutation Stones Max)
  3. 8 Tomes of Knowledge (13 Tomes of Knowledge Max)

I’m not quite sure what you mean with things that are of no use for pure PvP-players. You can easily turn everything into gold. Well, except some stuff you get from the Silverwastes or Dry Top reward track, I guess.

I think it’s more like “I don’t care about these crafting materials and salvaging everything is silly. Just gimmie the reward.” I don’t even think most PvEers use some of the ascended crafting materials we get in boxes.

As long as this is not the solution brought forward by Anet, I agree with the OP. I don’t want to have more skills/sigils/runes than any other PvP player. The best about GW2 PvP is the equal chances each team has at the start of the match. We don’t need a Call of Duty like unlock process.

I think the idea is that this would be another way to unlock it, rather than the only way.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

(edited by The Gates Assassin.9827)

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

Gems or skins imo.

Having such a reliable in-game way to get gems is a very bad idea. Especially if it is locked to a single game mode.

It was already like this in spvp apparently at the beginning of the game.

And PVErs and WvWers can just use a few clicks of the button on AH to get gems with gold anyhow.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Leagues + league tracks (unlock pvp exclusive mini’s/finishers/weapons/armors/titles/other fluff). Reward skill over time.

GG

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I’ve always told my friends that if ArenaNet came out with a track that gave me overall less money than I’d get from other tracks, but it was JUST straight gold with no need to open anything more than some gold coin bags, I’d choose that on an infinite loop. How does this sound?:

1. Bag of Coins (15s)
  2. Tome of Knowledge
  3. Bag of Coins (15s)
  4. Transmutation Charge
  6. Bag of Coins (15s)
  7. Tome of Knowledge
  8. Bag of Coins (15s)
  9. Transmutation Charge
  12. Choice of:
    2. 5 Tomes of Knowledge
    3. 2 Gold
    5. PvP Trait Unlock

Keep in mind, these are rewards for winning or losing in PvP. I think it’s fair to say that black lion stuff is out of the question. Those numbers are completely rough estimates. They’d have to be roughly equal to what you get out of normal chests from salvaging and getting random rares/exotics, which I simply don’t have the numbers for. The whole idea is that I don’t care about crafting materials or these worthless skins, so just gimmie money cuz i like it.

I love this!

Pineapples rule

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Gold and skins.

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And PVErs and WvWers can just use a few clicks of the button on AH to get gems with gold anyhow.

Except for the fact that you could only win gems in tournaments that required gems to join in the first place. So no, it was not just creating loads of gems out of nothing.

So can PvP:ers.
In fact, PvP:ers have it much easier to get the gold to sell for gems than WvW:ers do.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Back when you got 10 gems for a win in tPvP that required you to place first in a set of 3 rounds of matches that also cost you a tourney ticket that you got 10 of from completing your monthly(I think you could get one ticket from daily as well) or you had to buy the same tickets from the gemshop. Ranked Arena and tPvP from launch are not even remotely the same thing. Keep in mind that back then you could also get 800 gems for 50-90 silver with the rates at the time.

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

Except for the fact that you could only win gems in tournaments that required gems to join in the first place. So no, it was not just creating loads of gems out of nothing.

So can PvP:ers.
In fact, PvP:ers have it much easier to get the gold to sell for gems than WvW:ers do.

PvPers are generating gems out of vapor already just a smaller segment of the population. It’s hard to tell how it would effect the in game economy without proper data if something like that was implemented.

WvWers aka K-trainers can accrue Karma, Champ bags from towers, badges of honor to make bank besides the usual drops from bodies. My wvw friends are always richer than me except for the ones who roam.

Keep in mind, my preference to just get gems is how I’d like to be rewarded and not like some serious mindset.

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tournament_Ticket

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I know the OP is considered a pro in PvP so he must be right about everything PvP buuut.. .this thread comes off as ignorant and is possibly the least constructive way to discuss a change. I don’t know what materials you’re getting that force you to go in the PvE world.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Cynda Quil.3520

Cynda Quil.3520

I agree. I’ve thrown away literally thousands of geodes? and other random materials i have no idea what to do with. and i have often found myself too lazy to open a full inventory of boxes just because its all basically trash. idk just feel like if we have reward tracks they should be rewarding?

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

The Devs seem to forget they had a previous game with good ideas in it.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/PvP_reward

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Rusc.4978

Rusc.4978

How does this sound?:

1. Bag of Coins (15s)
  2. Tome of Knowledge
  3. Bag of Coins (15s)
  4. Transmutation Charge
  6. Bag of Coins (15s)
  7. Tome of Knowledge
  8. Bag of Coins (15s)
  9. Transmutation Charge
  12. Choice of:
    2. 5 Tomes of Knowledge
    3. 2 Gold
    5. PvP Trait Unlock

I love this idea as well.

Even though I PvE, I have alts that are pretty much exclusively for PvP and they are perpetually out of bag space. The amount of blue/green drops from normal reward tracks is ungodly, and these prizes are even crappier if the character isn’t level 80.

Prosper

Brought to you by ArenaNet. Soon™.

in PvP

Posted by: pelto.7345

pelto.7345

just remember you segregate yourself if they give you your own special reward track for being a pvp player they would have to create special legendaries for you too because you’re too special for scenery

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I love your logic you complain about something then provide almost no example of what will make you happy. How about you provide them and let arena net decide if they will do it or not and simply not throw random darts at the wall hoping to please you.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

- no blue/green stuff

It amuses me that some PvP players seem to think there’s some mysterious use for blues and greens in PvE. There isn’t.

Salvaging for luck is the only use for most of it, and luck is as useful to PvP players as it is to PvE players.

If you don’t care about the luck, just sell it either on TP if it’s light armor and actually worth something or to a vendor if it’s not. Just like PvE players do.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

(edited by Nabrok.9023)

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

- no blue/green stuff

It amuses me that some PvP players seem to think there’s some mysterious use for blues and greens in PvE. There isn’t.

Salvaging for luck is the only use for most of it, and luck is as useful to PvP players as it is to PvE players.

If you don’t care about the luck, just sell it either on TP if it’s light armor and actually worth something or to a vendor if it’s not. Just like PvE players do.

The use is about 1-3 silver. Just cut the middle man because I will never salvage for luck because I don’t care about it.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Jelzouki.4128

- no blue/green stuff

The use is about 1-3 silver. Just cut the middle man because I will never salvage for luck because I don’t care about it.

You should. It gets you better drops.

On another note, I honestly don’t understand what is wrong with opening boxes and salvaging items? I mean every single PvP player complains about queue times then just sit in the mist and completely shut down.

You certainly have time to open boxes, salvage and sell. Just because you’re too lazy to click your mouse doesn’t make this an issue.

Please everyone, including you phantaram, don’t put yourself on a pedestal and proclaim that this is a problem, because it isn’t.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

its an l2p issue if youre confused about or destroying things you get from a reward track. and if you do something silly like repeat the dry top track more than 19 times, you need to educate yourself about it and other tracks.

you play pvp at the highest levels. you have the mental capacity to figure out what you want and dont want from reward tracks. use your brain.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

1. Bag of Coins (15s)
  2. Tome of Knowledge
  3. Bag of Coins (15s)
  4. Transmutation Charge
  6. Bag of Coins (15s)
  7. Tome of Knowledge
  8. Bag of Coins (15s)
  9. Transmutation Charge
  12. Choice of:
    2. 5 Tomes of Knowledge
    3. 2 Gold
    5. PvP Trait Unlock

Too much direct silver/gold generation which leads do more inflation. We need unique items we could sell on the TP to PvE guys who already make tons of gold, we definitely don’t need to make gold lose value even more.

GW1 got it right – PvP players gained 0 gold from playing PvP, yet good players were drowning in gold because they had all the zaishen key, celestial sigils and later victory boxes to sell. We need something PvP-only.

Anets loves their boxes, we need a reward track with boxes that have a chane to drop rare things (minipets, skins etc) – these must be tradeable, and we need some fixed rewards at the end of the track – also tradeable and this must be different than the RNG box loot.

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

First of all we all should realize that ANET has graciously separated PvE and PvP in terms of gears, which means you really don’t need money to play PvP. Other than new sigils/traits/runes, which cost less than 100g in total and are accountbound, you are playing GW2 in an environment which costs significantly less money/time than any other game mode. Second, PvP already has exclusive rewards from tournaments, reward track, and now monetary rewards if you win the tournaments.

Also rewards track frequently give exotic weapons/armors, rare weapons/armors which you can then either salvage for more gold depending on your luck or sell or mystic forge it to get a free chance at precursors. PvP rewards are already abundant with exclusive titles and achievement points and the achievement boxes that comes with it.
Basically pvpers are ignorant of how to utilize what they already have and are asking for more.

Compare high level pvpers’ spending to hardcore dungeon/fractal and wvwers. It is not surprising to hear Pvers creating ascended armors/weapons, which already costs 500g or above to start with. Then the runes, sigils, foods, potions, and weapons for different situation, that’s already more than triple the cost of buying everything in pvp. On top of that, with new trait system, pvers/wvwers are forced to spend a lot of time or gold/skill points to unlock the traits they need.

For wvwers, almost the same thing as pvers in terms of ascended armor/weapons, infusions, runes, sigils, food, and consumables. Unlike pvpers/pvers, wvwers get very little rewards other than karma, and they spend more than what they earn just to maintain their efficiency.

It is absurd for pvpers to ask for gem rewards or more gold rewards given that they don’t have need to spend other than for black lion store items. Even then they can spend real money to buy gems to convert to gold, just like any other players. So in short, pvp rewards should not be based on gold/gems, but on prestige such as titles like champion brawlers or new finishers.

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/PvP-Unique-Rewards-Keeping-Casuals-Invested/first

There’s a list of several fantastic ideas that would make reward tracks more… rewarding and unique. It would also bring a larger player base into the pvp format, which is good for pvp’s longevity.

The gold idea is neat. What would the name of that track be, “Skritt Treasures Track”? haha But I prefer unique rewards that only can be gotten from pvping. That’s more valuable in a a general sense than just gold.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

In every single reward track there are multiple materials we get that we can’t just deposit and we have to go into the pve world, of which we are entirely unfamiliar with, to convert these materials into some kind of currency we understand. I personally just destroy them all.

This is false. Only the Silverwaste and Dry Top tracks have other currencies that need to be converted for gold, and it’s pretty easy to do such. I suggest google. You destroying them all is quite silly.

Now that I read your post, I don’t know exactly what you’re complaining about. Are you just ignorantly playing the silverwaste track on repeat and not knowing what to do with crests, lockpicks and geodes???

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I also think along with some of the ideas in here we need a booster we can purchase for laurels for the reward track. “Reward Track Booster”. I would love to see an infusion for the reward track as well at the laurel vendor.

I also think they should have a reward track for each month of the year that has special stuff in it. Every account can complete the “monthly” track once in its given month and then they have to wait for the next month to come for the next track.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

Please everyone, including you phantaram, don’t put yourself on a pedestal and proclaim that this is a problem, because it isn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

- no blue/green stuff

You should. It gets you better drops.

On another note, I honestly don’t understand what is wrong with opening boxes and salvaging items? I mean every single PvP player complains about queue times then just sit in the mist and completely shut down.

You certainly have time to open boxes, salvage and sell. Just because you’re too lazy to click your mouse doesn’t make this an issue.

What a…****,. having 3 to 4k matches and you do this everyday for that span of matches.. Won’t you get tired of it? Unless you are a one trick pony. lol

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

I know the OP is considered a pro in PvP so he must be right about everything PvP buuut.. .this thread comes off as ignorant and is possibly the least constructive way to discuss a change. I don’t know what materials you’re getting that force you to go in the PvE world.

you’re right, i’ve literally never even heard of ascended materials. can someone please explain to me what ascended materials are?

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

in PvP

Jelzouki.4128

you’re right, i’ve literally never even heard of ascended materials. can someone please explain to me what ascended materials are?

There is a collection tab for ascended materials and everyone hoards or deletes them. There is no point in going to PvE to craft your ascended materials if you are a PvP player. Unless you want a skin, then sure put a crafting station in the mist. Happy now? Your point is moot. Next time think that through mmkay.